Hey world 40! Quick Question will ya?

Kriegselend

So, I was wondering, what made you guys pick world 40. I mean it just screams at me complete fail. So I was curious what motivated you to choose this world.

First, lets compare the worlds:

World 40
World & Troop speed: 1x - World speed sucks, troop speed is good. +1/-1
Noble System: Coins - Packet/Coin doesn't make a difference. +0/-0
Tech system: Simplified - Ouch. +0/-1
Archers: Yes - Ouch. +0/-1
BP: 3 Days - Ouch. +0/-1
Time Based Morale -Decent. +0/-0
Church: Yes - WTF?! +0/-1
Tribe Limit: 60 - 60 member limit worlds move so slow. +0/-1
Support outside your tribe: No - No allies? Lame. +0/-1
Pally: Yes with Weapon - Pally? Fail. +0/-1
Barbarian and Bonus villages grow to 2000 - Not bad, not bad. +1/-0
Fake Limit: Yes - No way?? +0/-1

So total, the score is:

+2/-8

For me.

World 41
World Speed: 1.6x - Sick! +1/-0
Troop Speed: .625x - Lame. +0/-1
Archers: No - Sick! +1/-0
Bp: 2 days - Sick! +1/-0
No Morale - Oh ya. :icon_cool: +1/-0
Tribe Limit: 150 - Hehehe. +1/-0
Noble System: Packets, rising costs - Meh. +0/-0
Tech system: 3-level-system - I likez it. +1/-0
Pally: No - Yes, no pally. +1/-0
Church: No - WIN! +1/-0
Bonus Villages: No - Meh. +0/-0
Barbarian villages grow to 1000 points. - Our barbs grow so fast, so win! +1/-0
Fake Limit: No - Who could live without this, really? +1/-0

So total score is:

+10/-1

Again for me. I am looking at these worlds both as a player and a leader so I chose the world that best suited my style of game-play.

Please tell me why you have chosen this world. :)

And feel free to rate the world settings too, it would be interesting to see what other people rate the worlds as. Keep it to just multitudes of +1, 0 and -1, please. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Edit your post to note that you are comparing W40 and W41, rather than W40 and W40.

With that said:

W41

-The troop speed is a disaster.
-Archers add complexity which makes the game more fun for someone like me who loves RTS and MMORPG's as well.
-Tribe Limit 150 = Terrible
-No Paladin = more troop spam early game; makes it harder to distinguish good from bad players. I quite enjoy the Paladin.
-Fake Limit: I actually enjoy a fake limit. I've sent thousands upon thousands of fakes in my time in TW, I quite prefer something reasonable.

AzBone

Edit your post to note that you are comparing W40 and W41, rather than W40 and W40.

With that said:

W41

-Archers add complexity which makes the game more fun for someone like me who loves RTS and MMORPG's as well.
-No Paladin = more troop spam early game; makes it harder to distinguish good from bad players. I quite enjoy the Paladin.
-Fake Limit: I actually enjoy a fake limit. I've sent thousands upon thousands of fakes in my time in TW, I quite prefer something reasonable.

yep all of the above for me ,but also i wanted another stab at a church world ,my first effort was cut short,also i prefer coins to packets.

Kriegselend

With that said:

W41

I fixed the mistake before you posted it. :icon_wink:

I agree the troop speed is a disaster.

TBH, I have played many archer worlds, heck, I even played the first one that came out. They really don't add that much complexity to the game in my opinion. All you do is add 500 MA in 1 out of every 4-5 nukes and then once in awhile add 2000 MA to a nuke. Beyond that, there really is no complexity to it. Because every player plays differently. You can't create a perfect build to counter every different defense type. The only thing you can do is create your Nukes to defeat most armies. Obviously if you ran into a complete archer defense, you'd be screwed. But I have never met a player with more then 50% archers. I'm sure a few peeps will pipe up that they have. But the point is, that archers don't add complexity to the game.

However, multiple tech levels does add complexity to the game. Every tribe member has to have the same exact tech levels or they'll get slaughtered.

I fail to see how the paladin prevents more troop spam. If anything it only speeds it up. Especially the production of axes since spears lose to paladins everytime. :icon_razz:

I can understand the fake limit point.

DeletedUser

Pally is great, you can start farming after you have build statue and appointed paladin. It's great..

Speed world, yes w40 is way too slow and at the same time boring

Archers- hmm never liked achers

60 members limit- great, 150- wtf?????????????

But i still think W40 is better but too bad he's so slow

Church- adds some strategy, but sucks

Sinnuh

no support outside the tribe +10 imo

stops mass familys and massive alliances.

other settings i can live with although church is not great :p

/sin

EmperorSingh

no support outside the tribe +10 imo

stops mass familys and massive alliances.

other settings i can live with although church is not great :p

/sin

Agreed, no support outside the tribe is the best setting possible. It single-handedly makes W40 better :) Although I hate the church =/

DeletedUser

The last two worlds I joined has huge tribal member limits to it, and I was pretty sick of that, so that was the main reason why I chose this world.

master of the rangers

haha yeah, small tribe limits is FTW :D

i liked W34 where there was a limit of 20... stopped mass recruiting *cough*LOST*cough* :icon_wink:

Last edited:

yungoe

World & Troop speed: 1x - World speed sucks, troop speed is good. +1/-1
Noble System: Coins - Packet/Coin doesn't make a difference. +0/-0
Tech system: Simplified - Ouch. +0/-1
Archers: Yes - Ouch. +0/-1
BP: 3 Days - Ouch. +0/-1
Time Based Morale -Decent. +0/-0
Church: Yes - WTF?! +0/-1
Tribe Limit: 60 - 60 member limit worlds move so slow. +0/-1
Support outside your tribe: No - No allies? Lame. +0/-1
Pally: Yes with Weapon - Pally? Fail. +0/-1

I actually like all of that.

Archers = care? gives more possible troop setups
BP = Early farming = FTW
Church = care? gives more strategy and thinking
tribe limit = ftw
Support outside tribe = ftw, noobs having trouble to team up <3
Pally = ftw, 'nuff said

DeletedUser

I joined W40 because I was bored and it was the newest world at the time :icon_cool:

I really don't mind the settings, though. I like archers because...I don't know, I just like them :p. BP gave enough time to get plenty of troops up, 60 tribe limit is okay, pally is good for farming, and with weapons it can give a great boost to an nuke or defense village later on.

I haven't played with the church before, and still can't figure out what the heck it does.

The one thing I don't really like is no support outside of tribes. It just doesn't work with a 60 member tribe limit. Other than that though it's a nice world, but it could fill up a little faster :|

DeletedUser

World & Troop speed: 1x - World speed is great, troop speed doesn't matter +1/0
Noble System: Coins - I like coins +1/-0
Tech system: Simplified - Prefer complex techs, but simple is OK+0/-1
Archers: Yes - Good +1/+0
BP: 3 Days - Could take it or leave it +0/+0
Time Based Morale - Love it +1/-0
Church: Yes - doesn't matter +0/+0
Tribe Limit: 60 - Yes! +1/+0
Support outside your tribe: No - Definitely good +1/+0
Pally: Yes with Weapon - Love my pally +1/+0
Barbarian and Bonus villages grow to 2000 - Not too bad +1/-0
Fake Limit: Yes - WTF!?! +0/-1

I chose this world primarily for the world speed. I don't have time to be on enough for the faster worlds.
Complex techs are better, but it's easy enough to adapt to basic techs.
I like archers. It seems to make armies a bit more 3-D, and help make up for the simple techs.
Time-based morale helps protect beginners, but not incompetents.
I've never played on a church world, but I imagine it's a matter of adapting your strategy.
I absolutely love the tribe limits on members and support. It helps idiot-proof the tribe system. It will make tribes cull inactive members, prevents massive tribe formation and merging, and discourage noob hordes.
Pally? Bonfire ftw!
Fake limit is the only real drawback to this world. Good faking is an art, and can deliver an enemy into your hands flawlessly.

DeletedUser

w41 has much better settings. nuff said.....:icon_rolleyes:

I dislike very much the simple tech. Its nooby and for retarded players.

DeletedUser

i like everything other than the church however the reason for joining was because i thought most of the good players will join here.

DeletedUser

church, archers, tribe limit and equip/pally make this world more fun...lots strategies

DeletedUser

speed 1 worlds are good for those that don't have as much time to devote to the game, but it is still pretty tedious. I would have loved to see the church setting be on a 2x speed where it could explored really quickly and actually attract alot of people.

DeletedUser

i think the idea of this world is to take it at your leisure, due to it been summer after all.
I'm an ex W17 player (2x speed) so i find W40 slow(going by W37 took me 3-4 bloody weeks to noble someone!), but suitable. come winter time however- things should be 'hotting up':icon_twisted: