Honor Among Thieves?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4669627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Life does not equal tribalwars; if you are expecting kindness from others in real life, I'd applaud you. I expect it as well.

Do it in a game where the object is victory and the margins of obtaining it are small, and I'd take every advantage over you I could find.

Theres still a lot I would debate in your post.

However to avoid the thread getting to messy I would have only this to say about honor and TW in reference to your post.

I myself almost see it as the reverse of of what you suggest, or at the very least have a differing view that shows the differing approaches between players in regards to honor and the way the game can be played.

I live and work in a rl world where I feel the margins of obtaining "victory" are slimmer, and especially in my work life have to be pretty hard nosed and ruthless. In TW I get to be in the top few % but I get to do it in a way that doesn't need me to consider screwing people over to get it.

I think that you are verging on the argument that you can not be successful at this game without at times being dishonorable, or indeed acknowledge the fact that morality has a part to play in the game at all. I still dispute this and maintain that a strong sense of morality or honor can actualy benifit you as a player, especialy when you take multi world players into account.

DeletedUser

Now this is an interesting read worth posting in.

Honor will always be how you define it. I particularly liked Greenskin's example of Sparta with the slaves. What is honorable to one, may not be so to the other. Personally, I do not give people my trust and thus my desire to act honorably because TW has other account's villages blue on my map screen. Rather, after spending months working towards the same common goals, all the while laughing over ridiculous skype chats, I come to like my tribemates and have no wish to abandon them. If a player hops tribes, its because he felt nothing tying him to his tribemates, no level of trust and friendship that would foster a desire to be honorable.

One recent example for myself would be world 62. As of today, Panic! (#1) merged with Agency (#2) to become a new tribe that will eventually win World 62. Some would cast this as dishonorable, i.e. hugging for the win, using diplomacy over war, etc. The amount of accusations could be endless. However, I view the situation differently, from a role of being in the chats that hashed out the merge. I had old friends in Panic! and have made some new ones. Panic! was our first ally of the world, and the idea of warring them in the end, fighting our friends, felt like a dishonorable choice.

So you'll never have the perfect tribe that plays with honor, because everyone else may not share that honor. All any player can do is play the game how they'd like it played. If friends are more important than winning, sink with the ship and fight alongside them till the end. If you want to win, maybe you'll leave them behind and fight for the winners.

Anyways, that's my view. Thank you for this thread, I am glad to have participated :)

Deleted User - 4669627

thank you for your post, i am glad you participated :)