How a tribe should be Structured and - Wait..What?

Bo-John-bo

This is kind of hard to say, but since meeting xDaemon by fluke, he seems alright :icon_redface:

I am still going to try and prove him wrong in every instance though :lol:

DeletedUser

You're either in the Council of The or are someone Marline trusts.

Both incorrect, well informed of your tribes happenings internally at almost all levels. You guys are 100% infiltrated by eyes from every tribe in the world including myself personally.

Additionally, Pete552. does not reveal my identity. You seem to be quite incompetent in-terms of game-play. and, I can imagine any tribe run by you failing. Pete552. is merely an account I am playing on.

And you claimed to be anonymous. I said I know who you are coplaying on this world. I destroyed your claim you made earlier saying that it would be impossible to figure out who you are. Beyond who you are on this world, I could care less what you are doing or have done on other worlds. Prove yourself here on World 56 since you're playing here if you care to prove yourself at all.

I am incompetent in-game suddenly because I posted against you? Any tribe I run will fail because I posted against you? You're a tool.

Why? - Because I am currently the Duke of a Tribe which is in the Top15 and gradually progressing. Which World? - You don't need to know. "You fail because you can't prove it." - No I don't since I don't need to prove it. This thread is a discussion regarding what everyone thinks where I happen to express my personal opinion. However, if you can't even understand that, you do not have the traits required to be a leader. Moreover, I understand your 'point of view' since it is merely you opinion.

I've created tribes that have gotten more than Top 15 and gradually progressing from scratch with no forethought. Just simply a "hey, I wanna go start a tribe here." Send out some mails to local players find out the ones willing to work with you that are able to communicate properly and it's not hard to start a tribe that can get Top 20 and gradually progress if the Duke is active. It would be an accomplishment when your tribe actually does something of note instead of just achieving a rank, like significantly winning against a tribe larger than it in a war.

Oh, and regarding running to Tarot, I can assure you, if you knew what I said to Marline afterwards, you wouldn't be the one chatting sh*t here. And what if I am on Pete552.

I think if I knew what you said to Marline it'd give me 50 more ways to flash your incompetence watching you try to justify throwing a rage fit because someone removed your privileges because you were changing the entire forums when things were sensitive for those kids over in The Prophets already. Then threatening to go to [T] too during the rage fit without consulting your coplayer (or looking at a map, for that matter).

Talk to me when you can do something about it. ;)

I can do something about it actually since I am close by you and larger than you to be honest, but I choose not to because the actual owner of your account is someone I talk to pretty frequently to pass time. You helped continue keeping the constant rocking of the boat that is occurring at the helm of it and is only getting worse as the days go by. Carry on, you look like you're winning in this thread. *claps*

Carlini deaded your thread anyways. Different structures work in different situations or with different people. Rest is just trolling and banter at this point.

DeletedUser

He co-plays an account on W19 called albania26

From what I get of the main account holder though and other players of that world, xDaemon is the kind of guy that does the farming for you...it is a 19 mil point account and ya I think his co-plyaer stew is the duke of his tribe...as there are only 5-6 tribes left in that world he does classify as being in a top 15 tribe.

Pete552 is the account he is co-playing here...to bad I like the real Mccoy and one eye open.(I know of them:) ) They are probably wayyy gone though.

xDaemon
Seems like the kind of player that continually pops on on worlds after getting rimmed on his first...makes public posts on how awesome he is than is gone 2 weeks to 2 months later. No staying power and no skills to build and keep his own account alive on any world now.

It just goes to show how absolutely desperate "THE' is to bring a player like this into their fold.

But that is just my opinion

Do I win a cookie for figuring you out dweeb?

DeletedUser

From what I get of the main account holder though and other players of that world, xDaemon is the kind of guy that does the farming for you...it is a 19 mil point account and ya I think his co-plyaer stew is the duke of his tribe...as there are only 5-6 tribes left in that world he does classify as being in a top 15 tribe.

Pete552 is the account he is co-playing here...to bad I like the real Mccoy and one eye open.(I know of them:) ) They are probably wayyy gone though.

xDaemon
Seems like the kind of player that continually pops on on worlds after getting rimmed on his first...makes public posts on how awesome he is than is gone 2 weeks to 2 months later. No staying power and no skills to build and keep his own account alive on any world now.

It just goes to show how absolutely desperate "THE' is to bring a player like this into their fold.

Haha. Oh Sh*t. Lets run. This is ducking jokes. Figuring me out mars you superior and me a dweeb? Alright, lets say you did figure me out or my accounts for the least. The issue here is don't you find it strange how you've only stated the accounts I Co-play on. You still don't know my main account and so, You haven't figured me out. Well done for figuring out the rest though. Although you can do nothing more.

Oh and me *screaming* on the forums like a nub doesn't make me one. You don't know how I play so quit your yappin' about skill since you don't know me.

That's all I need to say. :lol:

DeletedUser

This is kind of hard to say, but since meeting xDaemon by fluke, he seems alright :icon_redface:

I am still going to try and prove him wrong in every instance though :lol:

Two different Worlds. ;) Keep 'em separate.

Prove me wrong as much as you want here though. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

So from this thread what have you gained so far xDaemon?

From this thread I have understood quite a few things. Although not what I wanted to.

What the main aim of this topic was to find out how the Leaders of Major Tribes run their Tribe. It was unsuccessful as I only heard from MoM and I internally know about Prophets. Found out about W2V's "major council" but not much details.

What I did find was that quite a lot of people dont share the same views as me and would prefer a Council, in opposition to a Sole-Duke/Leader.

People dislike being argued against or their integrity undermined. Thus, leading to arguments on a personal level.

For Example, TWE. He got kicked out of the tribe. He is a nub and will end up getting nobled soon. <- Personal suggesstion and opinion btw nub if you're reading this. I would love to noble all your villages anytime. Think you can defend against me? lol

What more I found out is that people hate when there is someone who can argue with him as well. =D It makes the entire situation so hilarious! A sight to see.

DeletedUser

So..... to sum up.... you came on here to "say your opinion" (not discuss, because discussion would involve talking about the pros and cons of both arguments).... You consistently push the fact that you lead a top 15 tribe and how what you do must be amazing for you because it works for you and your tribe. You then proceed to take some of the comments made against your arguments as personal attacks, at which point, you just become a big, arrogant mess.

For the record, I found the following line hilarious, almost ironic in a sense,

[spoil]
People dislike being argued against or their integrity undermined. Thus, leading to arguments on a personal level.

What more I found out is that people hate when there is someone who can argue with him as well. =D It makes the entire situation so hilarious! A sight to see.
[/spoil]

Maybe you intend to come on here and have a civilized discussion, and that quickly turned into a flame fest. But trust me when I say, it was nothing to do with your debating ability or how god givenly "right" your idea is.
It's to do with that big chip you carry on your shoulders.

You had decent replies from Rukoh, Glyn and others, and you immediately started going on the offensive, a mire conversation. However you sugar coated it, you just came on here to forcefully disagree with everyone/brag; maybe in the hopes of making them think that your idea is better? I don't know why, but I just know it didn't work.

Clearly, all these tribes have (somewhat) stable leadership structures and it worked fine. You just turned up on this world out of the blue, got a position of power on a council, and you're just now on a big power trip. Rukoh, and a few others in here, have duked world winning tribes, or just rank 1/2 tribes for a long time. When you're deliberately just annoying them and saying stuff like I quoted above, it seems to me that a "thorough conversation" as you put it, was never on the cards.

Your idea of a thorough conversation is like talking to a Jehovah's witness.... ><

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
From this thread I have understood quite a few things. Although not what I wanted to.

What the main aim of this topic was to find out how the Leaders of Major Tribes run their Tribe. It was unsuccessful as I only heard from MoM and I internally know about Prophets. Found out about W2V's "major council" but not much details.

What I did find was that quite a lot of people dont share the same views as me and would prefer a Council, in opposition to a Sole-Duke/Leader.

For Example, TWE. He got kicked out of the tribe. He is a nub and will end up getting nobled soon. <- Personal suggesstion and opinion btw nub if you're reading this. I would love to noble all your villages anytime. Think you can defend against me? lol

You say your thread was unsuccessful actually if your aim was to 'find out how the Leaders of Major Tribes run their Tribe' then it has somewhat succeeded both MoM and W2V have responded as to how their tribe is run. Your account on this world (the one you co-play) was either in or is in and left [T] from my understanding of your arguments with The Wrong Enemy. Therefore you probably knew how they where run. Therefore the only 'Major' Tribe that didn't respond is OhYeah.

Many people have differing opinions from you as most like the council scenario as it has been proven time and time again to work, given that the correct people are in place. People actually don't dislike being argued against as that is what PnP is for and if they don't like it they shouldn't be here considering the majority of discussions on PnP is with regards to differing opinion on a set subject. However the thing of note is you say people don't like being argued against so resort to insults, yet you where the first person to throw insults around. So you just completely made yourself look silly.

The thing is though you can't argue. You are very bad at it. Whenever people say something against an opinion you have you see it as a personal attack 'due to some character nonsense.' You wont address the differing opinion the person has but change the subject to other world situations and the rank you hold elsewhere, which have really no direct link to the opinion put forward. And you have made claims you wont prove and resort to insulting others on a personal level.

DeletedUser100410

just saying top 15 is worthless, you could be top 15 in a world that is nearly ended and have 2 villages......

You could be top 15 in a new world because you accept anyone and everyone into your tribe......

You keep going on about how awesome your way must be because you lead a top 15 tribe, when it could be absolute trash. If you really think your way is as good as you say, tell us your tribe/account name, or are you too scared that we'll see you are talking rubbish?

Aaaand i'm done :lol:

+1

DeletedUser

finally the The council makes an appearance,
i read through this whole thread, and think bleargh, cba posting, just not worth it anymore
at the start, yes, now, no

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You say your thread was unsuccessful actually if your aim was to 'find out how the Leaders of Major Tribes run their Tribe' then it has somewhat succeeded both MoM and W2V have responded as to how their tribe is run. Your account on this world (the one you co-play) was either in or is in and left [T] from my understanding of your arguments with The Wrong Enemy. Therefore you probably knew how they where run. Therefore the only 'Major' Tribe that didn't respond is OhYeah.

Many people have differing opinions from you as most like the council scenario as it has been proven time and time again to work, given that the correct people are in place. People actually don't dislike being argued against as that is what PnP is for and if they don't like it they shouldn't be here considering the majority of discussions on PnP is with regards to differing opinion on a set subject. However the thing of note is you say people don't like being argued against so resort to insults, yet you where the first person to throw insults around. So you just completely made yourself look silly.

The thing is though you can't argue. You are very bad at it. Whenever people say something against an opinion you have you see it as a personal attack 'due to some character nonsense.' You wont address the differing opinion the person has but change the subject to other world situations and the rank you hold elsewhere, which have really no direct link to the opinion put forward. And you have made claims you wont prove and resort to insulting others on a personal level.

He coplays in The leadership, not [T]. [T] is the tribe he threatened to leave to when The Prophets leadership removed his privileges after he went dictator mode on the forums, not the tribe he was part of. His privileges were given back immediately for those who didn't know, just to clear that up for you rand.

finally the The council makes an appearance,
i read through this whole thread, and think bleargh, cbf posting, just not worth it anymore
at the start, yes, now, no

+1

DeletedUser

Daemon you know my view on leadership.

1 Supreme Dictator
10-25 players (preferably in the lower end)

DeletedUser

Well, I can give you an example. World 60. SPAM. Tribe led by atkin00. Dictatorship. Lone Duke. Performs alone however considers every ones opinions. Such as myself. He is quite active and has performed well solo byfar. I was in his tribe and I totally agree with how he runs it.

Was reading back through the thread and saw this. I happen to be the duke of the said tribe that xDaemon was in during his stay in World 60. Firstly, I would like to state that xDaemon, for all his faults is neither a terrible player or person despite how he portrays himself in the public forums during debates. It was a pleasure being able to work with him for the month or two that we were in the same tribe.

Anyways, let me get onto my opinion on tribe structure. First will answer rukohs post about my opinion on tribe leadership structure being the same as xdaemons:

Funny, I thought I just read that you had a w60 duke who does the same thing.

Whereas Xdaemon believes that 1 duke and two barons (the latter of which rotates every few months) is the optimal leadership, I personally prefer a dictatorship. Make sure to notice that I did not say that the dictatorship is the optimal leadership, only that it is a system that has been proven to work best when I am leading. Furthermore, the tribe has to contain players of a certain caliber and personality of my choosing and a membercount (preferably 25 max) of my choosing. It is not a one size fits all leadership style, it is one that tends to work (not always but tends) well in certain circumstances.

Why not a council?

I believe there are two levels within the tribes I create, the membership and the leadership. The leadership structure, in which case is me, creates a very bottom heavy pyramid of power. My tribes work in that everyone (rather than a few select members) are part of "a council" and although I will never ask for votes as I think them inefficient and sometimes splitting, I will often poll opinion basically through spending a large amount of my time talking to people and getting their opinions and ambitions. This wouldnt work in a bigger tribe because I wouldnt be able to get to know everyone in the tribe to the level I would need to to get this sort of strategy to work. The most important factor in a good dictatorship is that the dictator knows what the members are thinking and therefore can make a decision without the need to consult the members other than for a brief doublecheck.

As for recruitment and diplomacy, I dont do the latter much but I do the former rather than handing it to a recruiter in order to get a personal relationship with the potential applicant as well as to start instilling loyalty towards me, so that when I give orders, they will follow. Thats said though, given the right/wrong people, practically any leadership can work, and practically any leadership can fail. Dictatorships certainly have flaws and success depends hugely on the dictator and his or her activity (just one example)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stewinthepot

blocked
Reaction score

xDaemon

had to stop in to correct something here the account is 44.5 mil and how does being one of the 3 tribes left on w19 make it not qualify as top 15?

DeletedUser

I myself had to stop in here and correct something the account is 44.5 nil and no one cares.