How a tribe should be Structured and - Wait..What?

DeletedUser

It only works because those tribes have only a handful of people, and they have all played together for a while in the past

DeletedUser

When I make a tribe, I like to give all my members more privileges for each player they recruit. :icon_cool:

I also give them a rank, the highest being 'Chief Dragon Warrior of The Dark Empire''

DeletedUser89560

When I make a tribe, I like to give all my members more privileges for each player they recruit. :icon_cool:

I also give them a rank, the highest being 'Chief Dragon Warrior of The Dark Empire''

Scary title! :p Can I join your tribe?

DeletedUser

Duke does not equal Leader to me. A normal member with no privileges could be the Leader of the tribe to be honest. That's just a very inefficient way of doing it.

DeletedUser21869

The old OHYEAH council worked the best of all thru October when the majority of the Council left the game due to time constraints.

What made it so good, about 15 players who have done gaming together for 10-15 years... there was respect and group cooperation that made the tribe be able to overcome a lot of odds early on that would of seen a lot of other tribes collapse in the end. The leadership was open to ideas and were all inclusive and open to all ideas and it worked. They weren't dictators, they were normal people... unlike many tribes where ego/power trips happen lol

Then after the majority of the founders of the tribe left, then the tribe went downhill ever since.

The typical TW setup though seems to end more often then not in EPIC FAIL situations from experience.

Oh yeah was fun while it lasted, to bad those who inherited the tribe trashed it from its EPIC founding.

Tazecca

It worked great. Yes I was serious. But yes the largest of those tribes had 8 members, and we all knew each other from past worlds.

Exactly, i agree here. However you have to have 100% trust and know everyone really well.

DeletedUser

To put it simply this would by my Structure:

1 Duke (Always the Leader) Never Changes. Unless he/she quits ofcourse.
The Duke would, ofcourse, be responsible for the entire tribe through out the tribes reign in the World. He/She would manage Recruitment, Diplomacy, Approval of Operations, etc. They may divide up their responsibilities to their Barons. However, the Duke should ALWAYS be incharge of Diplomacy! Similaryly, if he/she was also responsible for Recruitment, it would make the consistency of the Recruited Members to a Good Standard. We all know what is expected from a Duke. Calm, Cool-headed. Perfect with Management and moreover, with his members and his responsibilities.

2 Barons (One Permanent Baron & Other Baron who gets Elected every couple of months)
Roles maybe divided up by the Duke among the 2 Barons. Military Command, Operations, Forums, etc. However, the Permanent Baron would be solely responsible for the tribe in case of the absence of the Duke. He would be the Second-in-Command or may it be called the "Right-hand" Man(/Woman :icon_wink:) of the Duke.

NO COUNCILS!! Like Seriously!
^ However that is only my Opinion. What the Council system does it extend all the processes and make it too damn difficult for a tribe to be managed. In my opinion, I truly believe if the Duke & Barons are doing something for the tribe, it would be for the better of the tribe and therefore, I would trust them completely. I would trust their judgement. I would trust what they say - based on the judgement of their character (Some leaderships are rotten in all honesty). What the council does is extend the process. Make it long. "We have to consult with the Council before we can make a judgement". =| I mean why. You're the Duke/Baron FFS! You have the full authority.

"So WHY THE ---- can you not MAKE a DECISION without RUNNING BACK to your little COUNCIL MEMBERS/BARONS and ASKING THEM FOR EVERY LITTLE ----. I mean c'mon!!! You're the ------- LEADER!!!"

^^ Sorry about that. That burst of explosion was from a recent event in a tribe I am in World 56 ;). They know who they are. So I dont need to say much.

4 Forum Moderators
Why so many? Lol. 'Cuz you need them. As a result of Wars, Operations, ChitChat, etc... The Forums can get so messy and the Mods maynot be active all the time. Thus 4 different Mods would ensure correct management of the Forums and a Head Mod who would report solely to the Duke in regards to the Structure of the Forums and how things should be organized.

I had this incident just yesterday in the tribe I am in. As a result of certain events, and the slow actions of the Leaders/Council Members, "Because the members/council members will should" and die, they were not able to take any action for the tribe because of the management inconsistency because "trust" needs to be built apparently.

However, "Trust" is based on actions. Not words. Not Time.

i just read the worst tribe structure ever. thank you for wasting my time :lol:

duke never changes!! why ?? in certain situation it can be done. and benefits the tribe.

No Councils! awful.
Barons ? awful.
permanent baron ? yeah i suggest god.
electing a baron ? asking for internal problems ?
4 forum mods ? what about 20 of them :D comes handy.

so let me sum up a good tribe in a couple of sentences for you.... a true LEADER at helm. a small group of most experienced players of tribe in council -that are truly trusted- . and thats it. use diplomacy the way you should. recruit the most promising. replace the inactives with active players. kick and eat deadwood , plan and run ops properly. and you can call yourself a decent tribe.

none of that however , grantee your success in a world. a trend of decision your council make will eventually lead your tribe to win or lose a world. and the best councils also make wrong decisions sometimes. if you want a shortcut to win tw worlds... learn how to manipulate other tribes dukes. and they open the way for your success themselves. actually w2v done it nicely on this world. grats to them.

Last edited by a moderator: