How addicted ??

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This game seems to be somewhat addictive .

Reading peoples profile messages 'You know when your addicted when .....'

The majority are sadly true :(

So what is the saddest / craziest thing you have done that has impacted on your Real Life in order for you to play this game ?

DeletedUser

well earlier i used to wake up at 8 in the morning...nowadays i wake up at 5!!!...earlier i used to watch at least 1 movie daily on my lappy, now i havent watched a movie since i started:icon_cry:....and now we guys over here talk the tribalwars lingo!!!!!:lol:

and my dreams are filled with :axemen::ram::scout::iron::booty::lightcavalry::cata:....ha ha ha ah ha ha ha

ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser51390

my ps3 has been unplugged for a good 6 months and the only time I use it is when im on the road for work to play TW and farm :icon_redface:

my sleep pattern is so screwed up that i only take power naps and load up on energy drinks to stay wired.

DeletedUser

I haven't really altered my conscious life any, but... I dreamt I hung out with Evolve on Valentine's day until I had to house sit someone, and their home got attacked by rams. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I used to be on this game as soon as I woke up, during work, when I got home and in the evening when playing in my "prime". Really affected work performance, relationship and all that good stuff.

Now I try to avoid playing the game but once again I find myself lured back in promising myself to only log in once or twice a day no matter what happens.

On a good note though my time spend in w8 inspired me to create a website and mini cartoon series based on a tribe there. Check out my profile for the link.

DeletedUser

bad topic :(

I used to be far worse than I am now, and i'm still pretty addicted. Time to go to the corner of shame...

DeletedUser

Thankfully they made this world nice and slow to help control the TW addiction...
I am able to prevent myself from checking them every half hour.
I used to try to tell my RL friends about what was going on in the worlds I was playing... I even convinced one to start paying.
Now I know better and keep that sort of stuff to myself.

DeletedUser

I haven't really altered my conscious life any, but... I dreamt I hung out with Evolve on Valentine's day until I had to house sit someone, and their home got attacked by rams. :icon_confused:

Heh, I get plenty of TW dreams too.

Hello, I am Elessar93 and I am addicted to TW. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser51390

Thankfully they made this world nice and slow to help control the TW addiction...
I am able to prevent myself from checking them every half hour.
I used to try to tell my RL friends about what was going on in the worlds I was playing... I even convinced one to start paying.
Now I know better and keep that sort of stuff to myself.

omg trying to explain the game to outsiders makes us sound pretty sad. The looks on thier face are priceless.

If they only knew that TW is more than just a normal game and lack of activity could mean months of work ruined:icon_redface:

damn you tribalwars this is an addiction you will never get away from. its like a drug :icon_eek:

take this example. in my farewell thread when i tried to quit before someone posted how he tried to leave and then someone edited his posts like this.

In the interest of science, I'm replacing
"tw" with "crack"
"tribe" with "dealer"
"game" with "drug"
"forum" with "crack house"
and
"playing" with "using"

Let's see what this looks like
(after patching up the grammar a bit)

Quote:I quit myself a few weeks ago and came back.. I must say that quitting is a great feeling.. you feel like you´ve got more time to do this and that. But I stayed in contact with the dealer through skype, kept up to date on the crack house, and logged in to direct dealer policy and run the crackhouse. And then I started using again. And I´m enjoying it, becuase I´m using with friends that I have met, and I´m a leading dealer and very involved in the drug.

What I´m saying is if what you´re doing in Rl is important to you, I suggest that you try and forget completely about crack. Don´t linger around. You´ll start start using again, I promise you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Has anyone any idea for how long this world is going to be down? I've started to actually being productive in RL...

DeletedUser

You know your addicted to Tribal Wars if:

1. you think your girlfriend is angry at you just because she has not logged on in 6 hours.

2. you get a boner when you see a large village with no troop in it.

3. you gave your father a coupon to have a village cleared for Christmas.

4. you take you laptop into the bathroom with you.

5. you have to ask other players to help with your homework.

6. you have lost sleep at night because you have an incoming attack.

7. you have bought premium points.

8. you do not know what i mean by boner on number 2 and you think it has something to do with tribal wars and will spend the next 3 days asking about it on the externals.

9. you reference tribal wars when you are talking about past world wars.

10. you met your significant other on Tribal Wars.

11. you spend more time on Tribal wars then you do with you significant other.

12. someone said something was a noble cause and you thought they where trying to take your villages.

13. you spend more time calculating attack plans then you do on you math homework.

14. you get board when the servers you play on go down.

15. you took the time to actually read all of these.

All of the above but 8 and 2, and those where both friends who did it.

DeletedUser

"15. you took the time to actually read all of these."

O dear then :D

DeletedUser

I quit W3 and then didn't play until W33...but, as Homer Simpson wisely said, going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds.

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As the past few months in this game have progressed I am increasingly doing many addictive things :icon_rolleyes:

The latest one taking the laptop into the bath :icon_eek:

and now ive decided to buy a microwave to make my tea cook quicker :/

But really I seem to be more addicted to Chatting than Tribal Wars ....:icon_rolleyes:

The game is just so full of fun people its all your faults :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

The game is just so full of fun people its all your faults :icon_evil:

People like me right? :icon_rolleyes:

Even though i do not play this world I though i might aswell post here.

Anyways to stay on topic:

The things I had to change about my normal life in order to help TW is..

- I am on my laptop even while i am on the toilet..

- My days are not a fair share of sleeping and awake time... I am awake for about 18 to 20 hours daily.

- I even get so paranoid that i check my user as soon as I wake up just to make sure i have no incomings.

On the other hand I still have my social life :icon_razz:

Tic Toc

I am so addicted to Tribal Wars that:

- When I was watching horse racing on TV I was confused to see a black horse that is faster than a white horse.

- My excuse for missing homework is that I was under attack.

- I usually send 5 copies of the same email to people, all within the same second.

- On an eight page paper on German History in a Holocaust and Genocide class was back in Junior year, I actually wrote that, and I quote, "On September 1st, 1939, under Hitler's influence and after a successful merge with Austria, Germany invaded Poland ..."

- On a serious class discussion in the same Holocaust and Genocide class, I mumbled outloud that Germany would have won the war if they would have scouted Russia beforehand. The teacher asked me to clarify. I put my head down.

- Only two applications on my iPhone are not Tribal Wars related.

- I made "Catted that bitch" a popular phrases amongst my peers. They have no idea what they are saying.

- I have two alarm clocks. One is set to normal time. One is set to server time.

- I frequently confuse the two times.

- I use Axe shower gel because Sword and Spear shower gel is for pussies.