How close is too close?

DeletedUser107042

I'm a quite new player to TW. I have only played on w63 and even there its only bit over a month, but i like to believe that I'm a fast learner :icon_rolleyes: and so far im doing quite ok on both w63 and w64. But after reading some posts and since im still looking for the best tribe to join i started wondering.
How far do you want your tribe members to be? For some reason im not really afraid of anything in early game even though my BP will run out soon so i have been spending last few days to monitor all nearby tribes. Some are stacked up in a 10x10 or 15x15 some have single members over 50 fields away. Should i join a tribe that is very likely to *try* to harass me while i farm (just in case if i mess up), or try and find one that will do better when all members will have 2-3 villages and more.

Or well... how close is too close when it comes to allies and tribe? :)

DeletedUser

put it this way, you don't want anyone in your 10x10 some people would go as far as to say 15x15 but it all depends on how much you can farm and how quickly you can dominate your area, the faster the more space you want between you tribe mates.

DeletedUser

put it this way, you don't want anyone in your 10x10 some people would go as far as to say 15x15 but it all depends on how much you can farm and how quickly you can dominate your area, the faster the more space you want between you tribe mates.
This is pretty spot on, but don't ignore a tribe just because they have a member in your 10x10 or 15x15. Over the next week, you will be able to see who the best tribes are, as they will start to have a pretty high average amount of points per player. These tribes are usually the best to join.

DeletedUser

I go with the 10x10 concept. Members need room to farm, period.

DeletedUser

It really depends on activity, and whether or not you're using specialized teammates. Having a nearby turtle who doesn't farm as a tribe member is sometimes very useful. It's just a matter of finding someone who fits that description anymore.

DeletedUser

So, if you have 2 awesome players who get along just fine and they are in each others 5x5 square, you wont invite them both, just because they're too close together?

DeletedUser107042

Well... i suppose in a way you can support one of them that you like better so he gets both villages and then you have an awesome player who also doesn't have any competition ;).

Thank you for answers, guess an ideal tribe is hard to find. Will build up for some bit of solo survivability and wait to see if i can get close enough. (hopefully ill be smart enough to identify it and not miss the opportunity because i have already had 5 tribe invites not counting mass recruits :icon_redface:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Mihaela Targaryen

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

i pre-joined alongside a bunch of my friends ,this doesn't mean that we dont farm well

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Too close is better than too far.

Too close can restrict growth, too far quite often leaves you open to getting picked off one by one.

DeletedUser

First off, Deintx, I applaud your ability to come to the forums and seek advice on a situation you're ignorant of. (I don't mean ignorant as a bad thing or as an insult, by the way.) You have taken the first step in becoming a good player by seeking help from players who are more experienced than you. There is a community here that is more than willing to help you out.

As quite a bit of people have said, when it comes to picking a tribe you do not want a tribe member within your 10x10. This to make sure you have enough barbs and inactive's to farm, so maybe even no tribe members within your 15x15 if you do not have good farms in your 10x10. But also make sure the nearest tribe member isn't outside of reasonable supporting distance.

And always, always remember that you have a leader that knows what he is doing.

Wrong tribe.

There's two tribes with Vision themed names. That's not the one Synopxis is leading.

This. Synopxis actually has a vision, and having tribe members bunched together isn't in it. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
And always, always remember that you have a leader that knows what he is doing.

Eh, odds are far more likely that when you join a tribe you will wind up with a leader that does not know what they are doing.

Comparatively speaking there are far mire good players than there are good leaders.

DeletedUser

Eh, odds are far more likely that when you join a tribe you will wind up with a leader that does not know what they are doing.

Comparatively speaking there are far mire good players than there are good leaders.
Of course, though if you use the resources available (such as the recruitment section of the forums) and talk with the leader you can find a good leader. It certainly isn't guaranteed, but it is possible. :p

DeletedUser

i pre-joined alongside a bunch of my friends ,this doesn't mean that we dont farm well

I didn't say you wouldn't farm well, it's just if you are all cramped together in each others 8x8 and you all are active and decent farmers then obviously you wont be able to haul as much as if they were further away, farming is one thing farming and getting hauls is another.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

You don't farm well regardless.

Your growth on W62 was horrendously slow.

You reached 10 villages June 13th and started March 17th, I reached 10 villages May 20th and joined April 20th, that's 30 days for me and 88 days for you.

DeletedUser

Thank you for answers, guess an ideal tribe is hard to find. Will build up for some bit of solo survivability and wait to see if i can get close enough. (hopefully ill be smart enough to identify it and not miss the opportunity because i have already had 5 tribe invites not counting mass recruits :icon_redface:)

You will find as you play more worlds and make more friends, you will find mates that you like playing with, and can start a tribe with a small group on a world. Then you can join a tribe right off the start, and the spread is usually fairly ideal for pre made tribes.

Lady Mihaela Targaryen

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
You don't farm well regardless.

Your growth on W62 was horrendously slow.

You reached 10 villages June 13th and started March 17th, I reached 10 villages May 20th and joined April 20th, that's 30 days for me and 88 days for you.
amazingly some players are playing without premium points
plus is depending on the time someone's having in RL

some of us have jobs and are playing solo,not with a bunch of coplayers

DeletedUser

amazingly some players are playing without premium points
plus is depending on the time someone's having in RL

some of us have jobs and are playing solo,not with a bunch of coplayers
So you are admitting that you are a bad farmer... :D