How did you get in to TW and when?

satorbg

Seeing as we're trying to liven up the place... How and when did you guys get into TW? Share some memories. Whom did you learn from? Have you tried to quit?

DeletedUser

hmmm ... Wow that was long time ago, like 7 years ago, my rl friend show me this game. I tried to play few times but I was young and I didnot understand anything lol . I allways becomed a farm after few weeks.
Back to played before 2 years when I been more grownup, and I had a decent account circumstance in a local national server, with like 400K points. After that I back playing in the tw.net , and I reach to 130K points (not much but yet..). I quit for a year cause I been extremly bussy and back into w76. Atm I am doing great as you can see. Also playing at 77, and doing great there as well:p .
Basically I learened from the players that I knows though the years. Every player teach me something new that I didnt know. And this help me to reach where I reach:p

DeletedUser66411

I started on w6 in 2007 (maybe). Found the game from a Facebook ad. Managed to rid myself of this game by w50, but somehow found my way back. Somebody save me.

HeftySmurf

W6, i think i was bored because i couldn't play AOK online (Age of Empires, not a browser game dont infract me mods :'( )

Known for dotting around words successful and unsuccessfully, I despise start up it bores me so much.

Quit a while ago, got bored and playing again. If somebody saves Bro save me too :'(

DeletedUser

Stories kind of the same as hefty smurf think i typed in games similar to AoE into google and tribal wars popped up. Started back in w31. Just kind of puttered around slow growing, barb nobling, mixed villages, all the good things. Didn't really get into it until w47. Wound up landing into a tribe with some good guys king matt, spekio, blood hood, prolly some others but those were the ones that stuck out the most. That's when i got sucked into the externals, skype, etc. part of tw. Wind up spending a lot of time playing w49,52,55,57,59. Quit a few times year or so at a time come back play a few months quit again.

Dannyh3

think i started world 6 or 7, can't remember so long ago, saw my cousin playing it, then i saw an ad a couple of months later so thought i'd give it a go, like mentioned above i was far too young to play the game properly. i was registered to about 9 worlds in the 20s and 30s, again didn't go great in these worlds, so i quit for a couple of years, came back in world 49, and formed the tribe Eye, managed to get into the top 10, and that's when i learned the trade, learned how to play properly, people like Latinoshadow02, gorgoth iron fist on world 9 are my role models

DeletedUser57259

There was a "Let's take over Tribal Wars" thread on the something awful forums, I got hooked.

DeletedUser

I don't know how I started to play TW, but I started it on early 2007 ...

There was only W3, W2 and W1. I joined W3, I built my village and troops and I thought I am doing very good because I'm the bigger person in my map. Since I thought I am the god I joined W1 and W2 as well. Then all of a sudden I saw I had an incoming attack on my village in W3 from a big player who was a long way away, me being a god dream has been broken and I deleted on all 3 worlds before the attack lands.

Later on I started on W7, that was the first serious world I was in, I learned many things on that world and THOR tribe. I also experienced my first war leadership by leading a big squad in South West of K75 and kicking lots of enemies with my squad. After a great win by our tribe which was fighting 4 tribes at same time, I did quit because of RL problems.

Meanwhile of W7 I also tried W9 and it was the only world I ever got rimmed in. Me and lots of friends from my country formed a family on world's start (3 tribes). But to be honest, although they were my countrymen, they were mostly noobs/newbies and I was also a noob leader who mas recruited lots of more noobs/newbies. We simply got gang banged by 3 other tribes and me as the leader of the second tribe in family, was one of the first targets who got rimmed.

Sometime later I tried W32 and it was a good world, we did a fast 4 days war VS a big family who was taking villages in our K while our biggest player had only about 10 villages, but we did so f**king good that after 4 days they came to us for a NAP and their family had been reformed and as NAP conditions we got K85 ownership + lots of villages from their sub-tribes. We took about 25 villages in those 4 days and only lost 5 I think or so ... Considering our size, it was very good. After a while we took another big family out, but this time it was an all out war and after a great victory and achieving a new continent because of that war, I quit that world as well. I know at least one player from our rim tribe was in the world winners at the end.

Then I tried W41 for messing with others on world start. Disbanded some tribes and restarted some players.

This time I did a serious quit. I was out for some years. But damn you TW, I couldn't resist on 2014 and fallen again into TW's marsh. Nowdays I'm hiding behind aliases and I tried about 4 times to quit TW again, but each time I failed due to some reasons. Now my RL is destroyed again, but what can I do? I love the damn TW ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Psihic

think i started world 6 or 7, can't remember so long ago, saw my cousin playing it, then i saw an ad a couple of months later so thought i'd give it a go, like mentioned above i was far too young to play the game properly. i was registered to about 9 worlds in the 20s and 30s, again didn't go great in these worlds, so i quit for a couple of years, came back in world 49, and formed the tribe Eye, managed to get into the top 10, and that's when i learned the trade, learned how to play properly, people like Latinoshadow02, gorgoth iron fist on world 9 are my role models

What account did you play on W9 ?

cristalblueroses

Hey. I've been around since w1. I think I "stumbled" to the game, but honestly don't remember.. hm..

I played a little in all the worlds from 1-17, but actually got into it on w6 (STTS tribes), w19, which I don't remember, and w52. I grabbed some account on w15 for awhile, but can't remember what it was, so I don't think it counts.

I learned from some tribemates in w1 that I feel bad for not remembering their names. Knarley, Cypher, Chief, and Habap taught me a ton in w6 (along with Snafumaster and Pajuno, simply by being enemies), and Kustard King was my buddy on diplomacy in w52.

I left for awhile due to school, but came back last month or so, so I'm checking things out again. But that's my basic (little) story.. lol

DeletedUser37656

Started on W8, on 2008 if not mistaken. Have played with a lot of great people. So far the newer world the worse, the worst is world 76 so far.

EDIT: I realised that I actually started on 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
A couple players here asked for help since they can't quit, so I wanted to comment on that. I have the belief that nobody ever fully quits TribalWars, they just take long breaks. I think the only way to break the addiction would be if Inno went out of business, but I don't think that will happen in the near future. Even if Inno did go under, I'm sure some of the TribalWars addicts with a lot of money would try and keep the game going. :D

DeletedUser57259

A couple players here asked for help since they can't quit, so I wanted to comment on that. I have the belief that nobody ever fully quits TribalWars, they just take long breaks. I think the only way to break the addiction would be if Inno went out of business, but I don't think that will happen in the near future. Even if Inno did go under, I'm sure some of the TribalWars addicts with a lot of money would try and keep the game going. :D
I'll second this, I've taken year long breaks a couple of times. I always come back, just like genital warts.

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I'll second this, I've taken year long breaks a couple of times. I always come back, just like genital warts.
:D It'd be funny if you made an account named, "Genital Warts". I looked and the name has never been used on a world, so it's probably available. :p

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
my younger brother showed it to me, he soon became bored of it and i carried on. started w21 but didnt get anything properly until w31.

been here for around 7 years under the same account.

DeletedUser

Had the option for worlds 1 and 2, started in world 2 as world 1 was far enough along I didn't feel I had a chance.

Didn't do very well until world 22, where I got in with some people who were willing to teach an active, willing, and capable learner. Notable mentions for me would be Dikcoop, Carriestoopidhead, Saint311, and a few others in my continent who kept me around and were helping me learn. The game ended up taking too much of my time and I stopped playing while world 22 was still going.

I didn't start playing again until world 74 where a friend invited me, he wanted me closer to him so I created a new account to play with him there. We didn't do terribly but neither of us are "really" playing world 74 anymore, I did get to refreshen skills though. World 76 is going well for me and is still entertaining me.

I'm pretty sure I found Tribal Wars off an ad on another online browser game. I've only ever played .Net and didn't know of any others until more recently. 2007ish I think was the first year I started playing.

DeletedUser111574

Joined W67 with a friend played a week or two then quit. Made a tribe with a few friends from another game in the start of W68 which was successful. Fairly new player 2 years or so played but I learned fast ^_^ with a world win bagged and hopefully my second but its not all about wins its about teams, Go Team Heyoo. :)

DeletedUser117168

I started in 2007 but like mentioned before I was just a kid and got mixed villages but still got 260k points, w76 is my first real world and I've learned everything I know from there