How did you get into TW?

DeletedUser

Saw this thread on w76 forums and thought it was a good idea. So when did you start playing TW? And what brought you here? I was bored one summer about 6-7 years ago looking for a new online strategic game to play and here i am:)

mattcurr

I believe I googled browser based RPG games. clicked around got bored, and the email made me come back and click around again, joined a family tribe and thought it was raelly cool.

Garrock

Good thread mate. I like this.

I am more of an MMORPG type of player. I played Dark Age of Camelot for years. After it began it's decline, I tried several others... WOW, Age of Conan, Warhammer, but none ever lived up to DAoC, mostly the Realm vs. Realm PVP that DAoC had. So, our guild kind of moved over to w6, the first TW Uruz, together. Very few played long.. world 6, world 12... Cynz played w13, and w14 I know.. and Haimer played 13... but now I am the only one left. I am still waiting for that MMORPG game that will give me the same thrill and satisfaction that DAoC did. If Camelot Unchained (in development) lives up to expectations, the day it is released will be the last day I play TW forever.

Thanks Ash

DeletedUser

Good thread mate. I like this.

I am more of an MMORPG type of player. I played Dark Age of Camelot for years. After it began it's decline, I tried several others... WOW, Age of Conan, Warhammer, but none ever lived up to DAoC, mostly the Realm vs. Realm PVP that DAoC had. So, our guild kind of moved over to w6, the first TW Uruz, together. Very few played long.. world 6, world 12... Cynz played w13, and w14 I know.. and Haimer played 13... but now I am the only one left. I am still waiting for that MMORPG game that will give me the same thrill and satisfaction that DAoC did. If Camelot Unchained (in development) lives up to expectations, the day it is released will be the last day I play TW forever.

Thanks Ash

Thanks mate and good story. Trying to living up the place:)

twenty-five

Well at one point it was the most popular game in school, I kinda ignored it and didn't play. Then a friend started playing again on w12, we made a tribe together. Merged a few times and then I ended up baron in this little family tribe. Proudest moment of my TW career up until then. I actually miss that world, sometimes I wish I could go back. I think the game was more fun when I was mediocre.

DeletedUser

I was concerned about the amount of time my son was spending on the computer and wouldn't go to bed at bed time because he was insisting , he just "had to deal with attacks" or "put his wall in the queue" So he insisted on me partaking in order to convince me how important it was and well ... here I still am 7 years later and both my son and I , after long breaks from playing, are 'present' on this world :D

DeletedUser

Well at one point it was the most popular game in school, I kinda ignored it and didn't play. Then a friend started playing again on w12, we made a tribe together. Merged a few times and then I ended up baron in this little family tribe. Proudest moment of my TW career up until then. I actually miss that world, sometimes I wish I could go back. I think the game was more fun when I was mediocre.

Who were u on w12? and glad u like this:)

I was concerned about the amount of time my son was spending on the computer and wouldn't go to bed at bed time because he was insisting , he just "had to deal with attacks" or "put his wall in the queue" So he insisted on me partaking in order to convince me how important it was and well ... here I still am 7 years later and both my son and I , after long breaks from playing, are 'present' on this world :D

Hahah great story:) glad u like this thread as well:) i wanna be a mod:p ahha

I started 7 years ago...How? I have no idea

Ya i wonder how im here still as well haha

DeletedUser

Saw an ad on miniclip :p
Clicked, liked it, and got addicted

DeletedUser27125

I was home sick from school for a couple of weeks. Was bored as hell and playing some crappy broswer games. Saw a link for TW and clicked on it. It was over 7 years ago, but I still remember sending my first nuke and waiting for the report. It was my first war and not knowing any better I sent it over 30 hours distance at a much larger player. The thrill of clearing him got me hooked. My Duke nearly blew a gasket when he saw the nuke contained 200 cats to take out his acadamy. I had no idea what I was doing. haha.

I only play occasionly these days. It's a different game now and I don't get the same buzz I did from my early worlds. Maybe I'm just getting old :)

DeletedUser36833

I was a chat op for Sunday league game. Another op mentioned it I joined and now stuck here ever since. He tried telling me the basics but it didn't work out well.

DeletedUser111085

Think I joined a while back whilst at school, have no idea what I searched but having a naff computer at the time I wanted to play soemthing that was not too fancy on the graphics.... think W20 was the first, got too like 900k whilst logging in once every day after school, remember being nobled off by CaptMatt who went on to win that world so not too bad.

DeletedUser

March 23rd, 2007. Saw a couple of friends from the Swim team on TW in the library. Decided to try it out. Took me far too long to realize that I had joined the new W6 while they were on W5. (Couldn't find them and it drove me crazy). They didn't stay for long, while I found the forums, IRC, got hooked and ended up in this abusive on and off relationship ever since.

I was a kid at that time, so I can honestly say that this game had a rather big part on who I am today, and even when I'm not playing I find myself lurking around from time to time. (Even now, for the matter)

DeletedUser

Im loving all the stories so far:) Hahah this game is so addictive to me now keep them coming:)

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
My brother found this game somewhere, we were looking for games. Started off with nuke zone, than traver or something than tw. My very first enemy was vpar2

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
A friend at school and me played Travian first, and were pretty damn bad... But he then started playing TW as well, and said he had like 1000+ spearmen already, which I thought was damn cool o0 So I also joined W2 and here we are >_>

DeletedUser

I didn't play at all internet games, until I saw one of my teachers (afternoon school) sending noble trains on a multi-million account he was gifted. He said a few good things about the game (the servers in my country were still decent then) and I decided to check it out. That was 4 years ago, thankfully I got rimmed before my exams :D Then I joined again a couple years later, and I decided to try the .net because I wasn't farming at all and had so much time in my hands lol... I quit then too, because I couldn't play during summer. But now here I am again, with a bit more knowledge of the game this time XD

DeletedUser65288

My brother and I joined w3 and we were so amazed at how someone sent 4 nobleman attacks within a second of each other :icon_razz:

we had 1 computer in the house and google chrome wasn't even released yet.