How did you get into TW?

DeletedUser

Hello guys that is great way people start the game as for me my brother told me about the game call tribal war an i was interested too i live in west Africa sierra leone to be specified.

Erig

Good friend introduced me to the game during World 5. Tbh it was kinda hard to catch on. Got really lucky in w13 and the addiction/learning/time wasting began :)

DeletedUser110464

Yeah I think I was bored during spring break one time, was trying to find a game to play, and ran into an ad for tw. I tried it out a couple times from 2008 to 2010 but not til 2011 did I actually start investing much time into it. Seems like their advertisements back in the day have really paid off in the end. Got a lot of long term customers.

Deleted User - 4669627

Hello guys that is great way people start the game as for me my brother told me about the game call tribal war an i was interested too i live in west Africa sierra leone to be specified.
i am ofc the brother

i do not even like tw tbh, not sure i ever did
i like to talk with people from all over the world, i do not like talking to my neighbors who have never been anywhere, do not know shit, and who i cannot chose
but via playing tw, i was able to create a chat with people i wish to speak with
when my skype chats get slow, i play a world and meet new people, add them and they inspire the others to post more

in 2007 i had no electricity, let alone internet
in 2009 i had both and very little money to "go out"
i tried online chess but the people do not like to speak and they want to play 10 minute games
i tried online poker, but again the communication lacked
i searched for online multi-player strategy games and tribal wars came up
i started the world, got added to a skype chat and became addicted to the social aspect of the game

DeletedUser104941

Remember checking email back in the day and seeing a banner add which piqued my interest. Game itself didn't hook me, I couldn't play worth a damn (still can't) but my first world the duke quit and made me Duke randomly before he deleted. I managed to do quite well actually and from then on it was a big part of my life. It was always for the people and the relationships though, never the game. For what is basically a text based game with static graphics this game achieved something really special for a lot of people, W58 my favourite gaming experience of any kind to this day and doubtful anything will come close again. peace.

DeletedUser

It was 8 years ago, I was in high school and when I would ditch class or had an off hour I would go into the library to play games like "Line Rider" or That game where you shoot the turtle out of a cannon? Cant remember the name. But one day there was this group of kids that I wasnt very fond of, they were laughing having a great time. So I glanced to see what they were doing. They thought they were all hardcore on world 4-5 and began to tell me they were some thing important on that world and how awesome it was.

So naturally me not liking them, I thought it was a stupid game and told them that (Oh how ignorant of me) Over the next few days same thing, then finally they told me to give it a shot. So I joined a world and all the years of me making fun of them, now it was their turn and they let me have it. I WAS AWFUL!! I lasted a week, maybe 2 on my first world. They never stopped making fun of me for how terrible I was at the game.

So I decided it was time to take it into overdrive, I joined every world out at the time and was determined to get good at it so I could beat them. Finally by world 24, I was a decent skill level, they also played that world and were not far from me. This was at least a year down the road from when i first started. I knew they were playing on the world and I was set to destroy them, I started a tribe, that tribe grew and I had them all nobled within 1 month of the world startup. It was at this moment, I knew I was hooked and had to get back to reality. So I quit and didnt play again until world 69, and then here I am again on this world just having fun with people I met from other worlds.

blaise12

I started i dunno 7 years ago according to the achievement.Was bored so i looked up strategy games and found this. joined world 9 during late stage ot rimmed needless to say i didn't play for a bit i was still a kid after all.Came back when world 15 opened and played till the world was half a year from ending i guess.Lingered a bit more but with school getting more intense never played fully again till now i guess.

d4m0

It was 8 years ago, I was in high school and when I would ditch class or had an off hour I would go into the library to play games like "Line Rider" or That game where you shoot the turtle out of a cannon?
Ah, Line Rider, those were the days...

I joined two days after w26 started, I was in awe at the speed at which the top players were growing (pretty sure Nauzhror, twenty-five etc played that world?). I got rimmed there and ended up joining w16 very very late right in K9, oh how I miss worlds that big. I ended up convincing a player in the second top tribe (the Knights that say Ni! or something like that, they had a reputation for being fearless) that me and my little tribe of the 5 best players in the continent were hot shit so he gifted me regular resource packages which let me keep in front of my probably better tribemates. Then once I got to 20-ish villages I couldn't keep up with all the village maintenance because I didn't have premium so I had to quit :( one of my tribemates ended up as part of the Knights tribe a while later though which made me happy :p

Fast forward 6ish years and I'm still bad :D

DeletedUser98295

started w31 was great game to play and drink as i was up for hours at night when your in a great tribe you make good friends as well and can have a lot of fun.

DeletedUser117520

i saw my older brother playing in world 1, he thought he was amazing because he was getting his headquarters to 20 and i thought that was pretty impressive at the time (i knew nothing about the game)

So after this a couple months later i thought it looked quite cool so i searched the internet for ages trying to find out what this game was but i didn't know the name of it! all i knew is what it looked like, so finally after a long long time i found Tribal wars, started off in world 12, was worth the days on end searching for it.

DeletedUser

I was playing this other game, where you could see everyone's online activity and there was a mandatory offline block (you had to be offline for 6 out of every 24 hours or the game banned you)... and then an ally gave me the link to tw, saying it wasn't that intense but still fun... I wanted to quit online games and this seemed like a good way to do it painlessly, so I decided to give it a go :)

World 3 had just opened but I joined world 1, got into trouble with a guy from a tribe called TW2, he threatened to destroy me but an year later I was still around, a proud member of WL and he was no where to be found :D

Some more years later I'm still around and not even pretending to be quitting online games, guess TW was a revelation :)