How many worlds without PP abusers do start? PayToWin Discussion

mgale

Reaction score
I started to play again after years on world 117, actually I'm top 600 and I payed for the premium account and account manager, which I belive is a good compromise for players and game creators.

I realized to fast tho that there's to many ways to abuse the paytowin system and after few weeks was clear that the 100 guys who spent a fortune will compete and win the server.
Is not only about winning, is also about playing: If you spawn near a PP abuser or if he relocate near you, you actually have already lost, no matter what you do.

So, my question. Does sometime starts a server that actually is fair and fun to play ?
If not, after 117 ends I think I am going to quit again, this is not a fun game anymore, it is a slot machine.

Oh PS, thank you for the christmas event.
isthisfair.png

cappy1

Reaction score
Truthful answer to your question mgale is NO...if wanting to play the regular worlds. They might all have different features and settings, but the p2w (pay to win) seems to always be a part of every new world opening these days. Sorry Innogames, but DO agree with what mgale has said regarding the pp players. Its ok countering the arguement AGAINST by saying that pp doesn't have to be purchased..but, it doesn't counter the truth of what mgale and many others have said....worlds will ALWAYS be dominated and won by those who are willing to plough in the pp to ensure they quickly dominate and win, regardless of whatever anyone around them tries to do.
ps: Innogames will say that you can play the casual worlds, as these don't have this feature...but even THEY eventually revert back to a regular world..so issue will still exist, just takes longer for it to happen.
All for the compromise..as that is fair for everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I started to play again after years on world 117, actually I'm top 600 and I payed for the premium account and account manager, which I belive is a good compromise for players and game creators.

I realized to fast tho that there's to many ways to abuse the paytowin system and after few weeks was clear that the 100 guys who spent a fortune will compete and win the server.
Is not only about winning, is also about playing: If you spawn near a PP abuser or if he relocate near you, you actually have already lost, no matter what you do.

So, my question. Does sometime starts a server that actually is fair and fun to play ?
If not, after 117 ends I think I am going to quit again, this is not a fun game anymore, it is a slot machine.

Thanks for asking.

We do run worlds without such Premium features - for example, we are currently running a Tournament world which has these features disabled (besides, of course, the Premium Account and Account Manager). We also fairly regularly run Classic and High Performance worlds which have many or all of these features disabled. We recommend that you check these worlds out - the Tournament world is still open to registrations!

Best Regards,

DaWolf85
In-Game Supporter

Upvote 0

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It is perfectly possible for able players to beat players who use a lot of premium.

Yes, it is a big challenge but it is certainly manageable - I've seen it happen on most worlds I've played with the current options for premium use enabled.

It is important that you find a solid tribe and plan a strategy together, as a team playing tactically can beat or overcome a much larger opponent.

As was said in a previous post, 'special' worlds sometimes have the extra features disabled.

- Tournaments
- Classic
- High Performance

That gives players the best of both worlds. Players who like the premium features have the numbered worlds for that, and the Classic type worlds cater for those who dislike the premium features :)

Upvote 0

Cidvaramo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It is perfectly possible for able players to beat players who use a lot of premium.

Yes, it is a big challenge but it is certainly manageable
Its so sad that you as an in-game staff actually belive that. You, the guy that plays with the biggest pp abusers on w112

"It is perfectly possible for able players"

Are you not an English teacher?

Upvote 0

mgale

Reaction score
I see there's no room to discussion.
Thanks Frying Pan Warrior, for your opinion, but am I really closed-minded, or perhaps you are ? ( I suggest to check me out on 117, you'll see my diplomacy is fine :3 )

I see lot of you just blindly replies. There's no need to be a fine strategist to understand that a market that allow you an almost infinite res gain is a pretty strong win condition ( without talking about all the others features ), skill cannot compensate the actual state of premium advantage.
I am seeing 1/2 players taking over full tribes, so please, try to be fair, at least while talking.

I am going to checkout the special worlds, if for real there's no pp advantages I'll play those in future.

Thank you all

Upvote 0

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I see there's no room to discussion.
Thanks Frying Pan Warrior, for your opinion, but am I really closed-minded, or perhaps you are ? ( I suggest to check me out on 117, you'll see my diplomacy is fine :3 )

I see lot of you just blindly replies. There's no need to be a fine strategist to understand that a market that allow you an almost infinite res gain is a pretty strong win condition ( without talking about all the others features ), skill cannot compensate the actual state of premium advantage.
I am seeing 1/2 players taking over full tribes, so please, try to be fair, at least while talking.

I am going to checkout the special worlds, if for real there's no pp advantages I'll play those in future.

Thank you all

if you want a chance at a non p2w/abuse world its unlikely due to various reasons
you will need:
restricted pp use - account manager and premium only
no pp exchange
no quick build
no invite or relocate items - must be organized through support team
no paladin
no flags
uber support
haul limits
friendly fire
locked tribe 30days after creation
no restart option
player barbs reset back to 26pts

EDIT: ooh and no events or special 24hr promotions for the duration of the world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
TW in itself without pay2win options, has a lot of factors that indicate if you are going to succeed or not. Your position in the map, who your neighbours are, are you part of a tribe or not, did you join in a premade or not, early diplomacy, etc.

Some of these factors are under the players control and we can do something about those, some other's are not so even without pay2win sometimes you might not succeed ... nothing bad with this game design until now.

Then here comes pay2win features.

I don't call pay2win features, LA, PA, AM. Those IMO should have been built-in into the "free" version of the game. It's very hard, next to impossible to manage a big account (even a 100 village account) without AM.

What I mean by pay2win features are, reduced building times, reduced building cost, buying of resources on the market, buying of flags, re-rolling paladin skill books, etc ... not forget about one of the biggest pay2win features, events.

Each of these gives an unfair advantage to the player who uses those. This small unfair advantage at the start of the world grows into something big later on and TW is not one of those win-win games where everyone wins. Someone must lose and the one who loses is usually the one who is smaller.

So who is smaller?

The one who does not use pay2win for sure, so that's the one who loses.

What happens next?

These guys who after having pushed their first village using PP very hard and outgrow everyone near them, they noble a big village which "somehow" was near them and again "somehow" the attacker did not lose any troops nobling the village. Then this same guy, nobles other villages, just like this and he manages to position himself as top player on the world ... thanks to his deep pockets (and/or PP farmed on other worlds) and thanks to gifted villages (push accounts basically).

You want to hear more about what happens next?

Well next some event shows up on the game, this guy spends like 10k PP on this event while most of the players do not spend any but for sure since the support team is saying that this guy has no advantage and he is not favored to win ... I'm pretty sure that that's the truth. This guy just spent 10k PP for nothing, what an idiot right :p Then Inno offers you to also buy some PP and event coins usually on every event so this guy has deep pockets right, so he must buy and so he does.

At the end, TW is a game of survival. Who makes it to the end.
TW in itself has a lot of factors (good thing it has those) and also each world has usually different settings just to put the randomness into the game so these things they create friction for the player ... so he has a hard time to make it to the end (kind of).
pay2win features instead ... reduce these frictions. The ones who spend more have no friction at all, 1 week into the game they have already won and if they keep spending like crazy and ALSO HAVE SKILL they will win.

So right now, TW is much more predictable then it was on who is going to win a world ... thanks Inno. You have done a great job at that.

Red.

Upvote 0

old.account

blocked
Reaction score

> $100 million from tribalwars lifetime. As long as theirs enough players on the for the whales to be satisfied beating up on them it won't change. At least I did find out german servers routinely release p2w world's although those world's are still not even 50% of the map let alone 4 grids above 100%

But honestly I just find it impressive this game I found so long ago in 2008 turns out to be this massive money maker, the fact the game was so good it was able to follow the overall gaming trends and cash in

Upvote 0

Skwerbombing

Reaction score
While on .net server every world have a lot of premium functions there are other servers which are more populated, and they release two worlds at once, and one of them is always with only PA/AM/FA. For example, im a Polish player and on .pl servers every even numbered world is without bonus PP features and every odd numbered server have the bonus PP features. It's a nicely balance, but it requires a lot of the players, and as far as i know Polish servers are one of the most populated

so if you are interested in servers with PA/AM/FA only come on Polish servers, or other popular ones

Upvote 0

DeletedUser126146

just play speedworlds, much more fun, way less time wasting on a game, just start and stop on a known time

Upvote 0

Deleted User - 848952474

I am recently back after a lot of years off, to find the game I once loved has been ruined by the pay to win features. Unlimited resource buying is such an unfair advantage. The guy next to me reached 3000 points with multiple villages in 4 days. How am I meant to compete with that without ploughing ridiculous money into the game?

I understand that this is a business and a businesses aim is to make money but this just seems greedy to me. Please bring out another would without paying for recourses. Make people fight for their resources like it used to be!

Fair play with the rest of the features but please please please get rid of that one on the next world. I really want to love this game again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0