How the Forums have gotten so Lame.

STAFAST

Posters are getting worse and worse, mine included, but I am having a bad week and just dont care.

I miss the days of the W24 forums where we had lively chat/major arguments. Some play here from those days, but learned to keep it quiet.

What have you folks found that are really wreaking our forums that some of us pay to play and use?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think anybody pays for the forums. Isn't it a separate entity from the game?

I'm really new here. Just wanted to clarify that for myself.

~Moo

DeletedUser

To initial poster: Spend more time in the General Discussions for W58, you will find lost of inane topics to dull your mind and raise your post count!

HorseSoldier

I wouldn't waste my time posting or playing this game if I didn't pay :p

DeletedUser

...so the only reason you play is because you give them money?

I don't understand.

HorseSoldier

...so the only reason you play is because you give them money?

I don't understand.

The game would be incredibly boring without premium. Farming without it would mean I wouldn't be playing and for sure wouldn't bother posting.

DeletedUser

I feel the forums are becoming more and more boring because very few people know about them. Most people think of forums as guides and help, not propaganda and politics. I feel if there was a way everyone knew about them then there would be more activity. I've been saying this for years now though....

DeletedUser

I feel the forums are becoming more and more boring because very few people know about them. Most people think of forums as guides and help, not propaganda and politics. I feel if there was a way everyone knew about them then there would be more activity. I've been saying this for years now though....

Honestly, if someone cant even notice that there is a forum for the game they are playing, then they are idiots. On W19 I was a nothing, a rim guy, who got into ASYLUM due to miracle. anyways, thats besides the point..... the point is that I was on the forums asap, and I didnt know squat about the game, and was a total newb.

If someone cant take the time to see the links at the top, then I dont want them here.

I predict that when things start getting really juicy the forums will heat up. once we start getting from tribes focusing on their K to tribes focusing on eachother, then the fun begins.

DeletedUser

I must admit I enjoy posting on the opens most of the time :)

The world settings mean these forums will not be as active as some but if you want to kill them off faster thats the means to do it :) aka w40...

Funny how w56 would be some of the more active opens I have seen with the no haul setting :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I must admit I enjoy posting on the opens most of the time :)

The last few posts of mine that have been deleted were harmless, the world settings mean these forums will not be as active as some but if you want to kill them off faster thats the means to do it :) aka w40...

Funny how w56 would be some of the more active opens I have seen with the no haul setting :icon_rolleyes:

well no haul=no farming...people have a lot of free time to post and spam:lol:

DeletedUser

There's certain points in the world forums, you will see a pattern:

Beginning: Full of the noobs and spammers. Boring.
Middle: Proper PnP comes out that can actually have real impact in-game. Generally when tribes begin to take 1-3 whole K's for themselves. Diplomacy begins to matter alot, attention and care is given to posts, makes for good reading and posting.
End: They die from inactivity.

This is still beginning stage, things won't get particularly interesting until things quiet down to the middle stage, when its not so spam happy and more serious PnP.

DeletedUser

Yea, i played 3 times in w24 and now when i pass 5k ptss i get bored

i used to post 50 posts per day in forums and now i post 5 posts per month because i find other forums much more entertaining

This is not the only problem but srsly when i came here tw hgad 3x more players and it was much more enjoyable

DeletedUser

I will attempt to answer all of the questions pertaining to myself in this thread, and then it will be cleaned and moved to GD.

Firstly. Moderators are volunteers. As such, I'd have to a be a ridiculous, power hungry, narcissistic bastard to want to do this just to ruin a world. And I'm by no means perfect, but I don't hang around in a little cave trying to think of ways to make your life miserable. If I do something, I do it for a reason.

Secondly, no, you have never had to pay to use these forums. You've never had to pay to use the game (Though some would say, and I would agree, that premium becomes a requirement past a certain point). That's always how it has been, and nobody will be forced to spend money to post on these forums.

For those of you who have ever had a question with anything I've done, please PM me. I have a reason for when I delete posts, close threads, or whip out my banhammer. If it isn't obvious, then I will be more than happy to explain why I did what I did. Again, I'm only human. If I was wrong, then I will resolve the situation to the best of my ability.

Because, as harbinger previously stated, there are so many people on the forums, I have to be more strict on spam now. As the forums become a core of players who've been around and understand the rules, spam enforcement becomes more lenient. And for those of you who've been around since the opening days of this world, I'm sure you're seeing spam posts that would have been deleted remain.

Lastly, I'd like to remind everyone that discussing moderation is against the rules. If you have an issue with my moderation, PM me. If you absolutely disagree with one of my decisions, feel free to contact an elder discussing the issue. I'm more than willing to answer questions on just about anything. If you have additional questions you'd like to ask me pertaining to this thread, PM me. If you don't know whether your post is against the rules, PM me. Hell, if you want to know what the weather is like where I live, PM me. I'm here to help, not to be a ridiculously strict pain in the rear.

~BCB

HeftySmurf

Basically, if you dont bring the man cookies he gonna kick yo ass

DeletedUser

lol., all the cookies i bringed is eated arredy except 1, im sry bcb plz dont eat me last cookie, :icon_cry::icon_cry:

but back on topic, moderation in this forum is very fair i think, but thats just me personally

DeletedUser

[spoil]
I will attempt to answer all of the questions pertaining to myself in this thread, and then it will be cleaned and moved to GD.

Firstly. Moderators are volunteers. As such, I'd have to a be a ridiculous, power hungry, narcissistic bastard to want to do this just to ruin a world. And I'm by no means perfect, but I don't hang around in a little cave trying to think of ways to make your life miserable. If I do something, I do it for a reason.

Secondly, no, you have never had to pay to use these forums. You've never had to pay to use the game (Though some would say, and I would agree, that premium becomes a requirement past a certain point). That's always how it has been, and nobody will be forced to spend money to post on these forums.

For those of you who have ever had a question with anything I've done, please PM me. I have a reason for when I delete posts, close threads, or whip out my banhammer. If it isn't obvious, then I will be more than happy to explain why I did what I did. Again, I'm only human. If I was wrong, then I will resolve the situation to the best of my ability.

Because, as harbinger previously stated, there are so many people on the forums, I have to be more strict on spam now. As the forums become a core of players who've been around and understand the rules, spam enforcement becomes more lenient. And for those of you who've been around since the opening days of this world, I'm sure you're seeing spam posts that would have been deleted remain.

Lastly, I'd like to remind everyone that discussing moderation is against the rules. If you have an issue with my moderation, PM me. If you absolutely disagree with one of my decisions, feel free to contact an elder discussing the issue. I'm more than willing to answer questions on just about anything. If you have additional questions you'd like to ask me pertaining to this thread, PM me. If you don't know whether your post is against the rules, PM me. Hell, if you want to know what the weather is like where I live, PM me. I'm here to help, not to be a ridiculously strict pain in the rear.

~BCB
[/spoil]

We can say bastard?

Other than that... tl;dr

netjakdim

HERE HERE I actually quit playing w17 because I do not like the premium. When I came back my co-player had premium so I kind of got use to the minting and arrows to go from village to village. However since he is not very active I have not had premium on my W17 account now for about 5 months however as I was part of a great alliance that small defect did not become an issue.

whip out my banhammer.

UHMM I am slightly excited now, how bout the rest of you?
:icon_redface:""pictures BCB in tight black spandex with banhammer flailing" oh baby":icon_redface: << highlight

Last edited: