How To Make A Sig Using GIMP (Guide)

DeletedUser

I mainly use paint for my sigs.. Grab a picture off the internet, put it on powerpoint, get a backround (usually the picture is how I want it anyway), add some effects.. put it on paint, change something else and walah.

DeletedUser

I mainly use paint for my sigs.. Grab a picture off the internet, put it on powerpoint, get a backround (usually the picture is how I want it anyway), add some effects.. put it on paint, change something else and walah.
Yeah, I usually get my sigs on paint since I don't have Photoshop.

DeletedUser61436

my end products always are to big to upload onto the forum as a sig.
i enter the dimensions 550 x 80 and some how they end up being 200kb

help?

DeletedUser

png is what I use...

Here is my quick 2min sig using gimp...

Below....

DeletedUser

Thanks for the help

Actually, can someone tell me how to get it to show up on the actual forum. Like when i go to user cp and edit signature, its there, but it doesnt show up on this actaul part of the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Rather a dissapointing tut.

Very very basic, thing that maybe even a first timer would know.

The fonts fail, the sig sizes fail(Spoiler ones would have been better), and then the sig quality sucks too.

No offence :D

DeletedUser

Rather a dissapointing tut.

Very very basic, thing that maybe even a first timer would know.

The fonts fail, the sig sizes fail(Spoiler ones would have been better), and then the sig quality sucks too.

No offence :D

Actually if you look at the time period the sig did look nice compared to most that were floating around the forum then.

The spoilers had not yet been integrated into the forum and if they had, no one knew about the graphics rule yet, they were only used for text at first.

DeletedUser

i dont get it. cause the pic that i wanna put into the background wont show up :|

DeletedUser

Rather Nice Tutorial

Its a good tutorial, rather simple, and to the point. Personal Rating: 5/10\

Oh also, Photoshop= 0/10

GIMP = 11/10 ALWAYS.

The GIMP always owns Photoshop.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I use gimp too, and I made some nice works with it...if you have ACDSEE PRO as well, you can add some nice effects and better text features.