How to Win

DeletedUser

Figured you guys in W12 might be interested in this since you're the only world I know that's ahead of us in W7 in terms of domination.

Author said:
agent 100
2010-04-11 22:54:01
I was wondering when the world is ending officially? Im quite curious, and im sure other people in my tribe is curious about it aswell, is it possible to get to know how much we exactly have to own of the world to end it?

CaptainDdl
2010-04-11 23:16:19
Hello agent 100,

World 1 has been open since 2006 and has not been closed, so I do not believe you are in any danger of your world being closed anytime in the near future.

Sincerely,

Derek/CaptainDDL
Senior In-game Moderator

agent 100
2010-04-11 23:23:45
World 1 is splitted up into many tribes. Here in world 7, -WE- has got around 50% of the total ammount of villages (not including barbarians). I was wondering what the official rules are, of when the world ends? How much of the world must a tribe own before they officially win?

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:04:32
Hello agent 100,

There are currently no guidelines for when a world ends. World 12 has one tribe group that has control of around 80% of the world I think.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:13:03
But you must have figured out at which point a tribe has won the world? It can't be a never ending game. Wouldn't admins have set a line and saying, when a tribe owns this much, then win the world?

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:25:00
No, this point has not yet been reached.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:28:27
When do you plan to create those guidelines then? It can be hard to keep interest if it's going to be a never ending game. Would be nice to get an exact goal to reach XX% of the world to win. I honestly think you should make such a guideline.

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:49:37
I'm afraid such matters are out our control. It's up to InnoGames as to when servers close.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:53:33
So can you contact InnoGames for me and find out when they decide a tribe has won and pass the answer on?

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:57:27
There's no set limit. It's more to do with when the player counts are low enough that running a world is no longer economical.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:59:00
And around how many players would that be? And is that players that's paying for premium only, or also the players that play without premium?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:02:01
There is no set limit. Worlds are simply reviewed every so often.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:03:20
They must know when they spend more money on the server, than they earn on premium?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:05:48
Nope, because the way we host worlds doesn't quite work like that.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:07:13
How is it working then?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:12:49
I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to discuss our server infrastructure.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:22:30
Why is it impossible to get a real answer to when a world ends? when you first started the game, you must have thought of when it should end? I know you are trying to get as many money out of a world as possible. It's a game made to earn money and give people something to enjoy in the sparetime. All I want to know, is when the world is going to end, it must be possible for you to research and get that answer.

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:29:52
This is the community management team. I'm afraid you've already received the most information we can give right now.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:32:53
So where can I get some real facts about it then?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:38:39
You can't get something that doesn't exist. This is what I have been trying to explain for some time now.

As soon as we have information to release on the matter there will be an announcement.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:39:48
So are you currently working on that? when could i expect that announcement to come?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:40:44
No, we are not.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:43:53
Why not? Some tribes already clearly won their world, sorry, world 12 has. We only just started our last war. But like world 12, do all of them have to delete their accounts, when theres no more real enemies left?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:48:18
There's no requirement that a world should close when a tribe seems to have won. If players no longer wish to play, they can stop playing. If not, then we're not going to close with hundreds of players.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:58:52
Wow, so you tell me there's no way to actually win a world?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:11:54
Not until we make an announcement.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 04:14:03
Which is never?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:19:09
Which is when we make the announcement...

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 04:19:53
Why is it you don't want to tell when the announcement is comming?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:27:49
Because we don't know?

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 04:29:38
A game must have an end, doesn't it?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:30:34
Nope.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

So yeah, sucks. Anybody queried something like this before ? I'm wondering if Innogames would give a better answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you for that information. I confronted Jon about this a few weeks ago on skype and he was going to ask his bosses at Innogames and I have not heard anything back. I am hoping Innogames will do something about the end of game. I understand the business end of it and as long as players keep buying premium that it is profitable. But I would hope they see the other end of it as well if they were to end a world it would give other worlds hope that they could achieve victory, which would cause more players to buy the premium to strive for that that end of game mail telling you that you won.

DeletedUser

Indeed, I'd rather not sit around twiddling my thumbs until there's nobody left on the server after all the enemies have been killed. I've mailed Innogames recently so hopefully they'll dignify the question with a response on the issue.

mordecairule

Doubt Inno will do anything. Just like so many other companies, all they see from us is $$$ and until it is dried up the worlds will remain even if some tribe owns 99% of the world. Oh well, its best for us to show them with our wallets once we reach that point and discontinue buying premium and just stand idle by waiting for our Victory confirmation.

DeletedUser

But you never know as I have seen this game change quite a bit over the past 3 years I have been playing it. The people that are still playing here and buying premium more than likely would still be playing on another world paying for premium. If they ended a world soon it would offer hope to all the rest of the worlds. But I could imagine the repercussions if the ended W12 before any of the older worlds, even though statistically this world makes the most sense to end.

DeletedUser

Seniority of world in games like this are utterly meaningless, especially after 2 years or more. World develope differently and don't even have the same speed.
There are very little players active outside DNY, that pay to play. When DNY players stop using premium at this stage, Innogames will have to see it is no longer profitable to keep w12 open. Or at least they should be willing to answer questions about the end of a world, just to get that last squeeze of cash out of all of you.

So you all know what you have to do now...

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I agree Blondie, DNY should just delete. Perhaps they want to own every continent first though?

DeletedUser

To make things easier, why don't you guys just quit the world(or the game) if you have already won it, instead of putting more effort trying close it? Whats the problem by letting players outside DNY play?

xlr

mordecairule

To make things easier, why don't you guys just quit the world(or the game) if you have already won it, instead of putting more effort trying close it? Whats the problem by letting players outside DNY play?

xlr

Thats what we are going to do in W7 when the time comes. We are going to decide what we think we need to "win" our world. Once we feel we have reached that point we will all stop buying premium, and or delete

DeletedUser

xlr

Good question, I offered to mass delete a long time ago and got talked out of it.

But at this point I cannot bear the thought of all of us deleting and these barb eaters staying on the world and just eating through our villages. Two years later I come back and get to see how 2 "simcity" players won the world with 50 million point accounts. We now have players with minimum point villages that do nothing but log in once a week just to keep their account active and to spite us. In fact one of these players is from W7 playing in -WE-.

DeletedUser

I don't understand why this sort of thing is not spread across other world forums...especially newer worlds. This sort of topic could be extremely damaging to Innogames if everyone who played the game and read the forums knew about it. Innogames would surely have to deal with the situation if their customers are all unhappy.

You all say that innogames only cares about the money. I disagree, they care about their customers as well. They don't care about you guys cos you're only a small proportion of their paying customers. They will care if the majority of their paying customers were unhappy and like any business that wants to keep on making profit, they will rectify the situation. They'd be mad not to.

dalesmckay

There is another solution other than mass deletion.
Convince all premium players to disable automatic renewal of monthly premium accounts.
Just log in every now & then to keep your account alive & to make sure no sim players try & take advantage of your inactivity.

This will surely grab innogames' attention when w12 fails to generate revenue from premium, revenue from ads drops to a trickle & no growth occurs within the world.

You will then still be around when they finally get off their asses and announce end game terms.

You are also free to use your premium on other worlds while waiting for their announcement.
However, completely boycotting other worlds will be more effective.

DeletedUser

There is another solution other than mass deletion.
Convince all premium players to disable automatic renewal of monthly premium accounts.
Just log in every now & then to keep your account alive & to make sure no sim players try & take advantage of your inactivity.

This will surely grab innogames' attention when w12 fails to generate revenue from premium, revenue from ads drops to a trickle & no growth occurs within the world.

You will then still be around when they finally get off their asses and announce end game terms.

You are also free to use your premium on other worlds while waiting for their announcement.
However, completely boycotting other worlds will be more effective.

This is our plan dales once we've killed off a few more of the bigger players. There are still a few outside of DNY buying premium, although not many.

DeletedUser

I agree Blondie, DNY should just delete. Perhaps they want to own every continent first though?

Therin, that is not what I said. They should not delete, but stay on, just no longer use premium. Like Red said, deleting all, will only help Innogames keep the world open..

Dales, that is what I said. ;-)

DeletedUser

post_old.gif
#1 2010,April 12th, 20:03 Top Figured you guys in W12 might be interested in this since you're the only world I know that's ahead of us in W7 in terms of domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Author
agent 100
2010-04-11 22:54:01
I was wondering when the world is ending officially? Im quite curious, and im sure other people in my tribe is curious about it aswell, is it possible to get to know how much we exactly have to own of the world to end it?

CaptainDdl
2010-04-11 23:16:19
Hello agent 100,

World 1 has been open since 2006 and has not been closed, so I do not believe you are in any danger of your world being closed anytime in the near future.

Sincerely,

Derek/CaptainDDL
Senior In-game Moderator

agent 100
2010-04-11 23:23:45
World 1 is splitted up into many tribes. Here in world 7, -WE- has got around 50% of the total ammount of villages (not including barbarians). I was wondering what the official rules are, of when the world ends? How much of the world must a tribe own before they officially win?

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:04:32
Hello agent 100,

There are currently no guidelines for when a world ends. World 12 has one tribe group that has control of around 80% of the world I think.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:13:03
But you must have figured out at which point a tribe has won the world? It can't be a never ending game. Wouldn't admins have set a line and saying, when a tribe owns this much, then win the world?

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:25:00
No, this point has not yet been reached.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:28:27
When do you plan to create those guidelines then? It can be hard to keep interest if it's going to be a never ending game. Would be nice to get an exact goal to reach XX% of the world to win. I honestly think you should make such a guideline.

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:49:37
I'm afraid such matters are out our control. It's up to InnoGames as to when servers close.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:53:33
So can you contact InnoGames for me and find out when they decide a tribe has won and pass the answer on?

Morthy
2010-04-12 02:57:27
There's no set limit. It's more to do with when the player counts are low enough that running a world is no longer economical.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 02:59:00
And around how many players would that be? And is that players that's paying for premium only, or also the players that play without premium?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:02:01
There is no set limit. Worlds are simply reviewed every so often.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:03:20
They must know when they spend more money on the server, than they earn on premium?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:05:48
Nope, because the way we host worlds doesn't quite work like that.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:07:13
How is it working then?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:12:49
I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to discuss our server infrastructure.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:22:30
Why is it impossible to get a real answer to when a world ends? when you first started the game, you must have thought of when it should end? I know you are trying to get as many money out of a world as possible. It's a game made to earn money and give people something to enjoy in the sparetime. All I want to know, is when the world is going to end, it must be possible for you to research and get that answer.

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:29:52
This is the community management team. I'm afraid you've already received the most information we can give right now.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:32:53
So where can I get some real facts about it then?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:38:39
You can't get something that doesn't exist. This is what I have been trying to explain for some time now.

As soon as we have information to release on the matter there will be an announcement.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:39:48
So are you currently working on that? when could i expect that announcement to come?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:40:44
No, we are not.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:43:53
Why not? Some tribes already clearly won their world, sorry, world 12 has. We only just started our last war. But like world 12, do all of them have to delete their accounts, when theres no more real enemies left?

Morthy
2010-04-12 03:48:18
There's no requirement that a world should close when a tribe seems to have won. If players no longer wish to play, they can stop playing. If not, then we're not going to close with hundreds of players.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 03:58:52
Wow, so you tell me there's no way to actually win a world?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:11:54
Not until we make an announcement.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 04:14:03
Which is never?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:19:09
Which is when we make the announcement...

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 04:19:53
Why is it you don't want to tell when the announcement is comming?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:27:49
Because we don't know?

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

agent 100
2010-04-12 04:29:38
A game must have an end, doesn't it?

Morthy
2010-04-12 04:30:34
Nope.

Regards,

Jon Dawson
Administrator

So yeah, sucks. Anybody queried something like this before ? I'm wondering if Innogames would give a better answer.

Tribal Wars : My understanding :

Question : How many players does it take to setup a tribe ?

Answer : 1 player

Objective : Only One tribe can dominate a world

To close a world when there is more than 1 player playing is silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

giantsfrey

bump. any progress here? can a forum admin move this to the w7 forums instead of w12?

DeletedUser

what the hell is that for a bump..

If you didn't notice.. yes there is kind of a bit of progress...

W12 kinda closed, w18 is being closed. There is an ending scenario, how could you have missed all that?

giantsfrey

i'm asking about w7's case in particular--we've been given the run-around for ages and now w18 is closing before us with a 4-tribe family. ugh...

DeletedUser

i'm asking about w7's case in particular--we've been given the run-around for ages and now w18 is closing before us with a 4-tribe family. ugh...

I don't see how you're asking for an update.

Seeing as there have been a few major updates.

This thread isn't relevant at all any more.