How you came up with your Nickname?

DeletedUser

May as well start a thread finding out where everyone came up with their nicknames and if they were politically motivated or not and how and why.

Parmenion

I first came across this name while reading the books Lion of Macedon and Dark Prince by David Gemmell.

I was very impressed with the battle tactics Gemmell wrote that Parmenion engaged in in the books and decided I'd check online to see if he wrote any other books with Parmenion and then I found that Parmenion was in fact a real life General of Alexander the Great and one of his best. In fact the only battle that Alexander apparently ever lost was one in which Parmenion did not participate (while he was alive).

When I first started playing war games I decided to use the name because of its ramifications. I am the kind of guy who likes to be the best of the best. I wanted to give back Parmenion, an unsung hero of history, some semblance of greatness by being the best at whatever I done in any game. I have achieved that to some extent.

There was a time I intended to change my name when playing tribal wars so that I would not be easily recognisable. As it happened there is a very large Greek and Macedonian contingent who play this game who somewhat idolise this name and so I decided it was best to hang onto it because it opened doors into the minds of more impressionable who could become psychophanatical worshippers.

I'd like to hear other people and their stories in relation to the origins of their nicknames, why they chose them and if there was any political motivation for doing so. Feel free to type a paragraph or a one liner - Atreaus, please keep yer post to under 10,000 words - thnx a thousand :)

the pink panther

My original Name came from my name on Sunday League, when we invaded TW world one in early May/June 2006.

This nicknake, is pretty boring, the W19 premade meow, so we need cat names, hence the pink panther

Last edited:

DeletedUser

im slacker because my fantasy football team always looked great when it started then they turned into slackers and i used it as my fantasy team name. Now I use it for every thing because it describes my personallity

DeletedUser

Parm is a sweetie, as always. Such a sweetie I'll try to be the first to post. :)

I just wanted something cute. To make people have an instant like for me and to fool noobs into thinking I'm soft and cuddly. :p Since all the Power Puff Girls names were already taken I had to find the second best thing that inspires cuteness for me. And then the pinky instantly came to my mind.

P.S. I'm dieing to find out the meaning behind Badlapje. I was curious ever since I first saw it but never asked.

Edit: Damn, you guys are fast :O

DeletedUser

i wanted to use the name i always use bigbrat i use it for all the game i play cause as it states i'm just a big kid/brat also when i was playing EQ ppl from russia always told me it meant bigbrother also and i have been known to take ppl under my wing and teach them how to play help them out every way i can hence the name bigbrat but i couldnt get tw to take it with the a cause someone had already used it it but after i already signed up they was already delted and gone a few days later but was already playing so kept it

DeletedUser

Feel free to type a paragraph or a one liner - Atreaus, please keep yer post to under 10,000 words - thnx a thousand :)

Actually, Atraeus posted a thread just like this one in our tribe forums a few months ago:) And yes, he started the thread with a post consisting of just like you said 10,000 words :icon_biggrin:

KarmaX

Mine is just simple, not so historic like Parm's. My name is Karma and my nickname is Max so its "KarmaX".

Karma (Skt.; Pāli, kamma, action). The doctrine of karma states the implications for ethics of the basic universal law of Dharma, one aspect of which is that freely chosen and intended moral acts inevitably entail consequences (Pāli, kamma-niyama). It is impossible to escape these consequences and no one, not even the Buddha, has the power to forgive evil deeds and short-circuit the consequences which inevitably follow. A wrongful thought, word, or deed is one which is committed under the influence of the three roots of evil (akuśala-mūla), while good deeds stem from the opposites of these, namely the three ‘virtuous roots’ (kuśala-mūla). These good or evil roots nourished over the course of many lives become ingrained dispositions which predispose the individual towards virtue or vice. Wrongful actions are designated in various ways as evil (pāpa), unwholesome (akuśala), demeritorious (apuṇya), or corrupt (saṃkliṣṭa), and such deeds lead inevitably to a deeper entanglement in the process of suffering and rebirth (saṃsāra). Karma determines in which of the six realms of rebirth one is reborn, and affects the nature and quality of individual circumstances (for example, physical appearance, health, and prosperity). According to Buddhist thought the involvement of the individual in saṃsāra is not the result of a ‘Fall’, or due to ‘original sin’ through which human nature became flawed. Each person, accordingly, has the final responsibility for his own salvation and the power of free will with which to choose good or evil.

Last edited:

silvereclipes

Well I played under several names each had its own style the first was threatresniper which was my occupation at the time the second is silvereclipes which was a were creature of Loki's an which it was said was so fearsome that no warrior would stand before him since nothing could kill him,now I play Csiz an it wasn't my choice just a name I was tagged with when paj asked me to come co play it with one of the many Csiz's we had in it Now its kinda grown on me like moss or a STD...:lol:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Templarz - When EQ was in Beta 3, I joined with another New Zealander ( was in NZ at that point in time ), Couldnt think of a name .. took a good hour .. and on TV was " The Saint " with Val Kilmer ... Well the saints name is " Simon Templar "

So i Tried that .. didnt work .. tried Templar ( Didnt realise this name was being kept by the developers ) .. got it .. thought SWEET! .. only to find 24 hrs later on while i slept the Devs changed it to XXXxXXX .. i didnt find it funny .. so was allowed to change it once .. tried Templars .. was taken by them .. So Took Templarz to peeve em off, and still got the Templar name i wanted.

Templarz Soulknight was the toons full name.

So yeah :)

Used Dark^Man before to :D

and

):(Evi|

The End!

DeletedUser

Liquid C was much more interesting than my W1 name :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Been using this nick for online games since 2003. Back then I was living in Alaska (hence the AK) and was working for a bottled water plant, and bagging ice cubes. I sometimes went by the name "Iceman" at work, and since Iceman had already been taken, I came up with AK_iceman.

:icon_smile:

DeletedUser

Iv been using the name Stiki for different game tags for a long time now. Im part Polish decent so I was looking for some sorta mythical creature from Poland. Stiki is the name of a Dragon from Polish myth. I also use WickedStiki for a gamer tag on Xbox live which most people think is a reference to pot, but its not.

DeletedUser92

Funny story, actually!

When I signed up for TW, I was playing Utopia at the time. For that game, you come up with a login name and your province has (had?) a different name. So, for some dumb reason I assumed that "account name" didn't determine my in-game name. It did, so JPohlman it is. Obviously, my name is Jesse Pohlman. *Shrug* I'm male, by the way, for those of you who question the name and haven't seen my youtube vid.

DeletedUser

I used to be called 'Toddy Toaster' in the forth grade. The '3000' came from Toasta being unavaliable.

grummit

BigIsh115.

I was a K82 noob :(

funny i thought you were still a noob...

-----------------

Grummit was just a name I thought I made up years ago. I liked the sound of it and decided to use it almost everything I do online.

As for ig GuardianFER was the previous account owners name.

DeletedUser

This year I started a new profession as a teacher... As I could no longer use my regular nickname (As I had given my old account using it to another player)... I had to come up with a new one so chose t33chr