How you came up with your Nickname?

DeletedUser

My original Name came from my name on Sunday League, when we invaded TW world one in early May/June 2006.

This nicknake, is pretty boring, the W19 premade meow, so we need cat names, hence the pink panther
Funnily enough, this is exactly the same for me.

Well, the SundayLeague part.

Sebco7 because I was a County Champion cross country runner when I first made the account. A famous British runner is Seb Coe.. So I just stuck one of my favourite numbers on the end of the name and it was sorted.

I don't like Sebco7 now really... :icon_razz:

the pink panther

Funnily enough we joined at the same time Sebby baby :p

I was from piggy, I still remember contrast's yellow forum writing..

Crispycargo

My last name is cargo(no joke) and i'm quite crispy irl :icon_eek:

lol...:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser57960

May as well start a thread finding out where everyone came up with their nicknames and if they were politically motivated or not and how and why.

Parmenion

I first came across this name while reading the books Lion of Macedon and Dark Prince by David Gemmell.

I loved the Gemmel books. Shame he died so young. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Thought I'd share the reason behind my nickname too:

Many years ago, back in the dimly remembered times that were my university years, I built my first PC. At that time, one of my fellow undergraduates introduced me to an internet chat room. Now to join said chat room, I needed a nickname.

The first couple I tried to register were based on favourite characters from books but they had already been taken, so the next thing that came into my head happened to be the name of a brand of vodka that I drank rather a lot of. It hadn't been registered at the time, so it became my name. Ever since then, I use Vladivar as my nickname for almost everything on the net.

Then, when I started this game, several years later, not surprisingly, I used it again. What I didn't realise at the time though was that another benefit of the name was that a lot of people would assume that I was Russian and therefore completely misjudge when I might be online!

KoE-CaShMaN

My name has been CaShMaN since the days of "Age of Empires", back in 1997 or thereabouts. I played in on the old MSN gaming zone when it was about a year old and online gaming, while being around throughout the 80's through various bulletin boards, was beginning to explode. Well, in Age of Empires, most folk joined a clan in order to find a decent game with folk of the same calibre, style and charachter. I went under the names of Loyal_CaShMaN, RAGING_CaShMaN, 10K_CaShMaN, KoE_CaShMaN and a few others that are best forgotten.

I have kept in touch with a buddy from my old KoE days and he asked me to join this game for the fun of it. Due to our friendship and wish to keep the KoE moniker, that is how my name was created.

Why CaShMaN ? I'm an accountant and have a computer in front of me all day and evening long (and in war time, I've been known to get up out of bed to check up on things, lol).

CaSh

DeletedUser

The reason behind my name is not all that interesting, but I'll tell you anyway.

I was (and still am) an Anime fan. At the time I was into an Anime called 'Naruto'.
One of the characters on the Anime is called Kiba. I thought he was awesome and he had a puppy which was adorable and it only added to the awesomeness.
And so when I was signing up for TW I didn't know what to put a Nickname. Since I couldn't think of anything, and my imagination was running low that day, I put in KibaLover. I'm guessing that the 'lover' bit is pretty obvious.

tomas torquemada

Tomas de Torquemada

Seen in TW, prior to this ID, so many pick funny names and names of that suggest great military ability, but I wanted to try and pick a name that represented the fact I wanted to play a darker game (if that makes sense), so I chose A character I considered truly Dark.

I remembered from my study of the Spanish inquisition Tomas being described as the worst inquisitor of them all and I also found a quote describing him as "the most evil man that ever lived", an old old quote so probably no longer true.

Thus Tomas Torquemada was born.

Haven't managed to play as dark as I planned but I am having fun.

TT

DeletedUser22924

since this thread came up i will post i came up with my name:icon_razz:

the Castro, well my dad's last name is castro(NO it's not fidel castro or any other cuban ._.)

the second part of the name, is because my brother had a username, Dead103man,

so i copied him =P, and i just put the number 2 in the middle of those words,
since, i have used this nick , for everything in the .net:icon_biggrin:

hence my name came to be

Castro2man

DeletedUser

Back in the days of Starcraft and Broodwars i used to play a lot of that with a couple of mates and i usually choose the Protoss as my species to play as. Thought the name Garzuul Fenris sounded rather Protoss like and it stuck.

Kept using it as no one else has it and it means i don't have to have stupid numbers or anything else on it, also because the other alias i have used is quite often already taken : Bundy Bear.

Mick876

Mick becuase i am called Michael

876 because the cloesters number keys above K is 9 and 8. so i picked 8, and then just did the next 2 along. 876 to make it easy to remember. Been using ever since.

DeletedUser

Back in the days of Starcraft and Broodwars i used to play a lot of that with a couple of mates and i usually choose the Protoss as my species to play as. Thought the name Garzuul Fenris sounded rather Protoss like and it stuck.

Kept using it as no one else has it and it means i don't have to have stupid numbers or anything else on it, also because the other alias i have used is quite often already taken : Bundy Bear.

Bundy Bear is commonly used? Wow! Lol! I think that Garzuul Fenris is pretty cool actually. As I'm sure you are probably already aware, Fenris is a figure of Norse mythology, the bestial wolf that is said to kill my favorite Norse God, Odin during Ragnarok. I threw a pick of the beast and Odin on Dexa's sig when I made it for him in fact. The two names fit well together, and the first definitely sounds like a Protoss name.

TT, your name is a cool idea too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My name is the name of the town im based :)
When i made the ID, i tried a few and didnt worked.
So after few atempts i tested this one and worked.

DeletedUser

My name was based off an old nickname I had from playing football. My real name was too long for calling for the ball so it got shortened over and over and over and twisted over and over and over until we ended up with Sneggy!
Just sort of stuck.

DeletedUser

I got mine from the first time my kids school had to go into lock down because there were 3 Polar Bears in the playground, and the next day I had to treat someone that was attacked by one. Something that happens almost on a regular basis now.