Hypothetical Wars

DeletedUser

Hypothetical Wars

I thought that it might to be fun to look at some hypothetical wars. This is not an attempt by me to encourage wars, or to give away wars that I think are about to happen, it’s just for interest.

To be really certain about this, I’ve selected 2 tribes that are not near each other, so there is no risk of a war between them at the moment. I might do others that do share borders later.

I'd really like to see other people post some thoughts as well. It doesn't have to be like mine. Or I'm happy for people to pull what I post apart and come up with a different answer.

LMAO! vs. F.S.U.

This is 11 vs 12. 3.1m points vs 2.8m. 53 players vs. 47.

Now, to make this happen, I’m assuming that F.S.U teleport 3 K’s north and are hypothetically located in K44.

If the teleporting works, a few of the LMAO! Players in K44 are going to be right in the middle of the hypothetical FSU territory, and the guys K43 and the SE corner of K34 are going to be pretty easy first strike hits for FSU.

LMAO’s player roster is spread from 3K to 300K sized players. They straddle the K24/K34 border and stretch down the west side of K34 to the K44 border. They have a little pocket of players in the SE corner of K34. One mid-sized player has a cluster of villages in the middle of K44 and some smaller players have villages in the SW corner of K44 and the SE corner of K43. Overall, they are a bit scattered.

The hypothetical FSU would be a pretty solid block in K44, more solid to the north with a few villages into the SE of K34, overlapping some LMAO villages. They thin out a bit to the south of K44 and would have a few villages in the SE of K43, overlapping LMAO villages.

They have a membership points spread from 5K to 230K, so a bit tighter with slightly larger average player size than LMAO. Overall it looks pretty even on hitting power, maybe with FSU having a slight edge.

On geography, FSU are tighter and have the chance to surround or isolate parts of LMAO, so I think they have the geographical advantage in their hypothetical territory.

Given the hypothetical geography, I’ll assume that FSU declare and so have the opportunity to plan a defence on their northern border, as well as first strikes on the centre of K44, the SE of K43 and SE of K34.

FSU have been known to attack live players, pretty regularly, so we’ll assume that they can mount some decent attack trains and clearing waves. Their ODA and ODD ranks are up there with tribe rank, so this seems like a safe assumption.

I think that the first wave might do lots of damage to the LMAO players in mid K44 and SE K43. These players are probably beyond the support of LMAO and may just be given up.

If FSU is really effective they will take out the SE of K34, because these players are isolated but might get decent stacking support if they can survive a poorly executed first strike. The SE and SW corners of K34 is where the main warring should happen as this is where the tribes would be in closest proximity.

Early results: I think FSU would make the early nobling, having the advantage of declaring and being able to quickly isolate and noble out several LMAO players.

As the war progresses, I guess there would be some PnP. I can’t say that I can recall either tribe being very active in PnP. I could be wrong; I don’t keep track of the tribes of all posters and some use different in-game names. However, I think PnP would be almost a draw, but one tribe could totally shoot themselves in the foot, or maybe find a PnP legend to help them. I suspect that LMAO would be depressed over early losses and while PnP may be ‘neutral’ it might be slightly in favour of FSU if they had a good declaration post and some good early stats to post.

As it goes longer, FSU’s geography might allow them to defend better and bring better force to bear in attacks. LMAO’s ODA and ODD are a bit below their tribal rank and so they might struggle against FSU.

Probably some villages lost both ways, but I think that FSU would wear them down.

I think that the war would go to FSU with the easy villages won early and probably some expansion into K34 before LMAO either sue for peace or disband. It would take FSU quite a long time to eat all of LMAO so I suspect a peace deal might be the end result with FSU clearly the winner.

DeletedUser

First off, Very cool thread (Although ive seen it being done before :p). I think it'll liven up an otherwise rather boring w43 external forum with some cool posts and ,hopefully, funny ones too.

And now to your actual post.
Found when you were talking about the K's a little hard to comprehend at times but overall good read =]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nice idea..but hypothetical cases do not interest people much :(
why not do an analysis on possible wars like BORED! vs KND or donkeys Vs dogs or something interesting like that?
then people will start posting stuff like my tribe will kick your a** and things like that (possibly creating a war).

DeletedUser

This is tribal wars not tribal-hypothetics. That being said, awesome thread, and I agree with b0stj4n, we should discuss actual potentials sooner rather than later.

And, in my humble opinion, I definitely agree with you (capacitor) that LMAO might lose against FSU. Simply put, I think LMAO needs to buckle down their main K (k24) in order to be able to supply a legitimate defense to their main villages. I think that if they were to wage war outside of their K at this moment then they would fail simply due to a lack of defense.

DeletedUser

I'm happy to look as suggested 'real' wars and analyse them hypothetically.

I have another in mind.

I'd really like to see other people have a go as well. I'll back anyone for trying. I like to read interesting posts as well. :p

DeletedUser

I'm happy to look as suggested 'real' wars and analyse them hypothetically.

I have another in mind.

I'd really like to see other people have a go as well. I'll back anyone for trying. I like to read interesting posts as well. :p
Donkey vs OwP

GO!

Always wanted to see how that one plays out.

DeletedUser

And which tribe are you in? I believe KND? If so then how many different tribes is KND made up of?

You know its true that FRST and BORED! are scared of each other so will Tribalhug it out until there is nothing left. Oh I admit I LOVE tribalhugs and it is my favorite game to play so KND is the place for me!

DeletedUser

FRST vs BORED!

I dont think this war would be possible until there are no other threats of tribes taking over the number 1 & 2 spots imo
But there is still plenty of wars to be had until then :icon_twisted:

You know its true that FRST and BORED! are scared of each other so will Tribalhug it out until there is nothing left. Oh I admit I LOVE tribalhugs and it is my favorite game to play so KND is the place for me!

yup we also scared of your 1 village in K55 gen mac :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I like how KND calls BORED! and FRST huggers. If you look at it.. I have less than half of both General MacLeans and SwiftCrimsons points but I still have more ODA than both of them and 0 barbnoblings compared to their like.. 200?

(My opinions does in no way represent my Tribes they forced me to add this) :(

DeletedUser

Now that would be fun, a world with no tribes for like the first 60 days of the world. And then open it up to tribes. Random battles and PA's everywhere. All communication done by skype, in game mail, and main forums.

*edit Hypothetical Settings- Just like the Hypothetical Wars, they will probably never happen. lol

DeletedUser

I like how KND calls BORED! and FRST huggers. If you look at it.. I have less than half of both General MacLeans and SwiftCrimsons points but I still have more ODA than both of them and 0 barbnoblings compared to their like.. 200?

(My opinions does in no way represent my Tribes they forced me to add this) :(

Again I like Tribalhugs and its hard to get ODA when you have had 4 people in a row dodge noble trains.....