I give up from resource shuffling... or you have any idea how to make this game more family time friendly

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Ok, I am 44 y.o., full-time job and family... And playing only TW for the last few months. And more and more, as my account grows to almost 300 villages and I have to keep it in 2nd place on cas7, I feel like I have less time for my family and I have to spend all my free time on moving resources to villages with 20% coins flags.

I had enough. I want my family time back so I give up from coin flags and I will just make coins local. This make me 20% less competitive as in this game there is no tolerance for people who have a life outside of the game.

My problems are that the warehouse can hold only 5 days of resources when I scavenge and my res buildings are maxed, so I can't make one day in a week dedicated to this resource shuffling but I HAVE to do it every 4 days. Everything suggestion that goes in the way of making this game more comfortable in this segment that I read in suggestions failed, as hardcore no-lifers voted it down, as their commitment to game and having nothing else in their lives is what makes them top sharks in this pool and they do not want to make game fairer toward people who love it but have other things to do besides to play.

What can be solution is a bigger warehouse, so it can hold 7 days of scavenging + 7 days of res production (including +18% flag) so resource shuffling can be done in one day per week. and also the market has to be able to handle this with lot more merchants...

Or you people can help to discuss this and to find out some good suggestions that we can post into "Ideas & Improvements" forum?

Last edited:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well you could use account manager to move resources around. Is the balance script still around? or reduce the level of your resource buildings. I used to have low resource levels for more troops & less morale deficit. Also would not having more troops per village give a higher gain in scavenging than the buildings would produce?
I did play around with like L5 resources in my banking villages to stop them maxing out.

To be honest not played a casual world for long myself but 260 villages is not that many my largest account was just short of 3.5K villages & yes I won a world solo 2650 villages on that account & it did take lots of time but I think I had around 10K of active villages at that time.

Why not set your in game goals to something different being rank one is not everything within this game & with the time you want to put to the game is probably never going to happen.
Set up other things like nobling the most villages in a second or landing the most attacks within a minute. Catting down an account the fastest.

Removing the will for others to keep playing is a key part in winning in this game, along with making them use more clay than you as that is the limiting factor for growth.

Tribalwars

I'm interested in reading what other people think about this 'problem'!
"Get skill", "learn to play", "the game is not for you", "stop playing" like most replies are when it comes to the game being very, very time consuming. (not to even mention how time consuming it is without premium)

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well you could use account manager to move resources around. Is the balance script still around? or reduce the level of your resource buildings. I used to have low resource levels for more troops & less morale deficit. Also would not having more troops per village give a higher gain in scavenging than the buildings would produce?
I did play around with like L5 resources in my banking villages to stop them maxing out.

To be honest not played a casual world for long myself but 260 villages is not that many my largest account was just short of 3.5K villages & yes I won a world solo 2650 villages on that account & it did take lots of time but I think I had around 10K of active villages at that time.

Why not set your in game goals to something different being rank one is not everything within this game & with the time you want to put to the game is probably never going to happen.
Set up other things like nobling the most villages in a second or landing the most attacks within a minute. Catting down an account the fastest.

Removing the will for others to keep playing is a key part in winning in this game, along with making them use more clay than you as that is the limiting factor for growth.
I use resource manager, it is not a solution as it can't make coins from resources, so resources will just pile up and be wasted.
I use resource balancing script, same issue as resource manager, I have 230 fully built villages and from 70 that are in building process 30% have res building maxed... so what to balance? I can't send millions of res to 2k point village to build something in it, not in all40 of them.
if I just use resources in the village where they are made, it is not a problem at all. It will pile up only some wood and little more iron and that can be managed in one day every weekend. Point is that then 18% flag, double flag and all other resource boosts are obsolete for that kind of gameplay, and if others are in the same position I would net complain, but I see people who are getting on my back just for these 20% boosts. Every time I do not play 4-5 hours per day, by end of the week they are closer with the number of villages, and if I play I am advancing more than they can follow.

The game goal...is not to be rank one, as that guy is even crazier than I am with 30% more villages than me. My goal is to have a good amount of villages so I can have fun when the world comes to the end. All other of your suggestions are not even a challenge after my 11 years of playing this game.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Okay thanks for giving a bit more detail about the dilemma you face.
11 Years so started around W13 or so.
Well how about spending less of your time building up villages & noble a few decent sized villages to start with? or can you not attack other players in a casual world? You could attack the players growing quicker than you that would really slow them down.

I understand you are just putting it out to get some ideas for me I see no need to increase the level of buildings maybe look for a slower speed world next time might be a better option.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I joined w8 first, was on the bottom of the map, some 80ish or 90ish K.
I have a good AM build setup, so I do not build anything manually. I just refresh it every few days as after 50 buildings it cancels itself. And Stockpile manager is taking care of resources for these small villages, so... I do take max from AM premium features.
Casual has limitations so you can't attack players below 20% size difference. ATM I have only one player I can attack, and he is too far. But when wars start (limitations are dropped after some time, on cas 7 it will start reducing protection mid next year) it will not be a problem to go to war, as it will be a few ops per month. This everyday grind over the transport of res to get most from flags is what takes time, and it is action for every day.
Cas is 1:1 speed.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The bottom line problem seems to be you just don't have the time to play the game the way you want to play it at present.
Is this a problem with the game or just your style of game play as you feel you cannot compete with players who maybe should or should not be playing a casual world?

They will never remove flags or at least I think not. Should they increase the storage of the village now this extra option is around? Maybe it would not be a problem if players attacked each other more. But that's a dying art from what I've seen.
If an increase is given do you feel a trade off of some sort is justifiable? I do not really see this as playing TW more spending months building villages for a fight at the end of a world.

nightblade.greyswandir

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The bottom line problem seems to be you just don't have the time to play the game the way you want to play it at present.
Is this a problem with the game or just your style of game play as you feel you cannot compete with players who maybe should or should not be playing a casual world?

They will never remove flags or at least I think not. Should they increase the storage of the village now this extra option is around? Maybe it would not be a problem if players attacked each other more. But that's a dying art from what I've seen.
If an increase is given do you feel a trade off of some sort is justifiable? I do not really see this as playing TW more spending months building villages for a fight at the end of a world.
ok... normal world... you have 1000 villages, you have 15x20% coin price flags... how much time, besides pure war, you have to invest in moving resources to flag villages to be able to keep up with coins that you need to be competitive in that war. remember that coins mean trains.

Why everybody questions my game style... game style is about troops builds, village builds, troops numbers, keep up with 24/7 training and building, how to send fakes, how to war.... game style is not how you use merchants to gather resources to flag villages... So that is why I am making noise about this, war is one thing, micromanaging resources for 5 hours every day is not game style, it is a grind.

DeletedUser124150

Why everybody questions my game style... game style is about troops builds, village builds, troops numbers, keep up with 24/7 training and building, how to send fakes, how to war.... game style is not how you use merchants to gather resources to flag villages... So that is why I am making noise about this, war is one thing, micromanaging resources for 5 hours every day is not game style, it is a grind.

I completely agree on this one. Some actions take skill -> those should stay in place while some actions are just grinding in front of PC without any reward for player. It is about game enjoyment. People are not robots, nobody wants to do boring tasks over and over again.

Compare it to other actions, you are farming, you see how many resources you looted. You can compare yourself to others, see how you stack up. You interact with reports, which villages have lot of resources. Uf, maybe I could send 200 LC here, becuase this new barb village is full. While minting coins is just plain boring.

Make interesting things for interesting game. Make boring things for boring game.