I hate the rim!

Sellsword

i really disagree ..

so your saying a person farming 24 / 7

is worse than a player farming 3 hour a day ??

cmon .. try see the logic in your own statements instead of beeing so narrowminded .. yes a noble strategy can do much, but still he will have so many more troops than you ^^

Try to remain polite. Calling me narrow-minded is not the best move in a discussion :icon_wink:

Troops are great to have, but you have to know how to use them. Also, nobling the right targets early on is the key to later growth. I bet that if you ask the current #1 players in worlds 2-20, you'd be surprised at the low amount of time they invest on a daily basis. See also CitizenErased's comments from personal experience.

DeletedUser

i really disagree ..

so your saying a person farming 24 / 7

is worse than a player farming 3 hour a day ??

cmon .. try see the logic in your own statements instead of beeing so narrowminded .. yes a noble strategy can do much, but still he will have so many more troops than you ^^

Keywords in sellswords statement: Proper intervals.

Assume it takes 20mins to send a decent farming run at early stage, 3 hours could equate to 9 good farming runs in a day.

DeletedUser78095

Can we please stop talking about how much we can acomplish in three hours?
I am in k74, which is semi-rim for now untill it gets filled by more and more players. I have actually found that there are a pretty good amount of well trained players around me. I'm sure there are always going to be good players on the rim, you just have to look for the.

DeletedUser

lol
ya the rim's not so bad

more farms ...... more invites to lots of little noob tribes.... and you can slowly grow unnoticed by bigger players X)

DeletedUser

with the amount of farms on the rim it is hard to "slowly grow" that's for sure ;)

DeletedUser

Try to remain polite. Calling me narrow-minded is not the best move in a discussion :icon_wink:

Troops are great to have, but you have to know how to use them. Also, nobling the right targets early on is the key to later growth. I bet that if you ask the current #1 players in worlds 2-20, you'd be surprised at the low amount of time they invest on a daily basis. See also CitizenErased's comments from personal experience.

Ye sorry mate, didn't mean to offend you :) sorry english is not my native language, so sometimes the meaning of the sentences comes out wrong :)

but ye i do know that it doesn't require Much time really, but the longer you stay, the longer you can manage to farm and grow :)

----

well yes nobling a village for further is expansion is key to the growth :) no doubt :) ..

DeletedUser

it also overwhelms you

reason i stoped playing.....lol w23
50 something villages.....took like 3 hours to update them all
lol

PetarPavao

50 villages?

you need 5 minutes for 500 villages :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Nonsense. Even such a simple thing as a better noble strategy can make the difference. 3 hours, when spent at proper intervals, is more than enough to compete in the rim. And having a co-player can be great, but it has its own problems. I'll take a good sitter, thanks.

umm well if you feel that 3 hours worth of farming will compete with say 15-16 hours of farming then i MUST be doing something wrong.
i know the kind of activity i have and the speed it has allowed me to grow at. i am quite sure that i wouldn't have been able to get where i am farming even for say 6 hrs.
but thats just me.im maybe your average joe and not a pro.
i have still be able to break into the top 100 of my k within 2 week(im at the very edge of my k,thats how much i am lagging behind others) and im confident ill reach the top 20 in coming weeks. i know this couldn't have been possible w/o my activity being what it is.

CitizenErased said:
Hi mate, never apolagise for disagreeing =)
i was just trying to be polite :)
and i do agree the rim is not nearly as explosive as the core.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser58

I just returned to the game after, well, nearly 2 years out of the game and am sat on the rim. W1's outer core was probably more exciting than the centre (although some would disagree). Alot more fragmented and alot more wars in the later game. Plus, just because you are the rim doesnt mean you are a n00b player. Sure there are plenty of guys that just started the world late or started near a player that was just more active than them.

Game has certainly changed since then though. Not sure i like this militia lark but hey, ill get used to it.

DeletedUser

Can we please stop talking about how much we can acomplish in three hours?
I am in k74, which is semi-rim for now untill it gets filled by more and more players. I have actually found that there are a pretty good amount of well trained players around me. I'm sure there are always going to be good players on the rim, you just have to look for the.

Growing slowly is definately the right word for you, your just outside my first church radius with 2.9k? Im over 10 now, theres slow and well...

The rim is alot easier imo Im in the bottom half of my k when I started there was at least 1 player on 2k and all the top 20 in the k had between 1-2k and now Im ranked 1 in the k,

I do find though that nowadays even the noobs know you have to build troops and seem to turtle. Making even the rim harder but still easy

DeletedUser82180

Growing slowly is definately the right word for you, your just outside my first church radius with 2.9k? Im over 10 now, theres slow and well...

The rim is alot easier imo Im in the bottom half of my k when I started there was at least 1 player on 2k and all the top 20 in the k had between 1-2k and now Im ranked 1 in the k,

I do find though that nowadays even the noobs know you have to build troops and seem to turtle. Making even the rim harder but still easy

Noble target? :lol:

Oh, and the Rim is awesome! Seriously, I'm dominating my general area, seriously inactive and seriously lazy, im not farming effectively and I have a serious lack of troops offensive troops (300 axes and 100LC at 670pts) But thats all I really need, everyone in the area seems to get cleared by half of that...
Farms are always full and there are so many inactives that resources are everywhere :icon_cool: I guess my only problem will be noble targets and my troops dieing of boredom :(

But it's easy so it's meeting my perfect requirements :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

Don't good players ever get rimmed and keep at it?

I'm not sure what you mean with good, but I know it's not that easy to rim a "good" player, that's why there are so few of 'em at the rim :icon_rolleyes:

meirz

Returned to tribalwars after a 6 month break, to find myself back on the rim just like i had when i started out in world 2 & 3. I have too many 100 point villages cluttering up my map.. could do with a few of them building up their warehouses for me.. :)

DeletedUser

Sorry but i don't agree(bold part). As stated above, now a days rim is where the action is taking place. if you browse through the threads in the forum,you will see that most of the wars have taken place among the rim tribes. How long they last and how much warring is actually done is a whole different matter all together. :p

and with just 3 hours of activity some one is bound to catch up to you. if not clear/noble you while you are off :icon_wink:
co-playing has become as much a part of the game as building troops. without it getting into top spots is very very difficult.

Of course the rim is where a lot of the action takes place. Eventually the core will be dominated by only a few tribes, often with slowly progressing wars. On the rim everyone is still smaller and the there are more tribes trying to fight over the land; similar to what the core was like in the beginning of the world.

DeletedUser

The rims awesome, ok there are a lot of noobs but also you get the odd good player.
The closest i ever started to the rim was K16 in W22 and actually did quite well for myself. Ok yeh i didnt make it big time (top 500 when i quit). But you do get the chance to grow unnoticed by the core players.

I remember me and 2 other players dominating our main K then we moved about working together towards the core lol

DeletedUser95858

it also overwhelms you

reason i stoped playing.....lol w23
50 something villages.....took like 3 hours to update them all
lol

Sounds like someone had a case of the MundaneDays. :icon_wink:

Scripting makes 50-150 farm runs on opera done in like 2 minutes. Will allow you to enjoy the more important portions of tw... Like Pming a noob and making them cry.

Last edited by a moderator:

STAFAST

I play in the core on w24 and its a fight always, great fun for sure.

Rim is great as well, allows a totally different style of play, if you want to take your time and enjoy yourself, the rim allows that better. If your a good player, it allows you to take advantage of many others as a bonus :)

DeletedUser82180

Sounds like someone had a case of the MundaneDays. :icon_wink:

Scripting makes 50-150 farm runs on opera done in like 2 minutes. Will allow you to enjoy the more important portions of tw... Like Pming a nob and making them cry.

:lol::icon_biggrin::lol: