Idea For Request Section rule changes

DeletedUser95815

With all the differentiation in shops today, why don't you use it as a rule in your shop? Harbinger I know will not approve of a PP charge, nor will Josh I hope. The idea of stopping new posters as-well is a tad dumb. Most new-users work well on the forum. So what if you get the odd new kid who believes he is the best. Usually, your biggest annoyance will come from spammers, such as Wolves.

I'd say your best bet is to just stop requests from people whom post on every shop, thus getting a ton of signature for free and banning people who spam on most forums, as they'll only bug you for a sig.

Edit: Now reading the other responses, I know I'm not alone in this. Matt hit it on the head, re-think what you're saying before posting it. Etan is right too, many 12-16 year old's ain't going to bug their parents to get premium points to spend on a signature. Just because they haven't got a big influence on the forum, yet.

Yes, as it says in the shop they can only donate PP if they feel compelled to.
As RSI said, the biggest problem would be in-forcing it. Overall requesters are okay, you get the odd few who kick up a fuss. If you then go and say you have to have 200 posts or whatever then they would be furious; because on the whole people are okay with requests.
Also, why would you waste some PP just so you can get into a section of the forum? We want to encourage people to start doing GFX. If I hadn't found this place then I would have never come this far with GFX.

DeletedUser

I think a better solution might be to reserve the right to do requests. (which we kinda do already). If some dumba** who we all know is a frequent troll posts a request, just don't do it. :) He/she'll get the idea.

DeletedUser

I think a better solution might be to reserve the right to do requests. (which we kinda do already). If some dumba** who we all know is a frequent troll posts a request, just don't do it. :) He/she'll get the idea.

Exactly! Like Josh said again, you're trying to get more people on the GFX bandwagon, not push them away!

Undead also got it right, if someone spams then simply don't do it for them? It's simple enough.

DeletedUser

We could always just make a graphics blacklist? Basically if there is someone constantly requesting from everyone, or is rude or abusive, or etc etc etc, we could put them on the blacklist, and as a whole any of the designers won't make them graphics until they either learn their lesson, or apologize or whatever.

I've seen a few situations where a couple of designers have refused to do things for someone for whatever reason, and they just go to another designer who is unaware of the situation and get them to make it instead. We could, as a "group" decide then if we want to blacklist someone.

Just a thought. Could help reinforce the idea that we "reserve the right to do requests" thing, and remind people that we do what graphics we "choose" to :p (especially free ones).

DeletedUser

But I've learnt my lesson, and I have alogized.

I don't get it.

DeletedUser

1. you insulted me.
2. you spam every thread.
3. you demand loads of different shops too make your pics.
4. your incredibley impateient.

you may appoligize, but we GFX'ers dont let anything go.

DeletedUser

You can always just make shop rules about this problem. Just make a requirement of 200 posts or at least a month of activity. And just reject them if they try to get a request anyways.

DeletedUser

You can always just make shop rules about this problem. Just make a requirement of 200 posts or at least a month of activity. And just reject them if they try to get a request anyways.

But not all are requested in shops, and not everyone has shops. There are alot of "open" requests, which is good for the people who don't have time to do a full shop but like to do a request every now and then, so any "rules" or the blacklist or any of these ideas would be for these "open" requests, I imagine.

DeletedUser

1. I was playing dumb with you / was joking
2. Already stopped that.
3. I didn't mean to post so many
4. I was a little but I can change that easy.

DeletedUser

But not all are requested in shops, and not everyone has shops. There are alot of "open" requests, which is good for the people who don't have time to do a full shop but like to do a request every now and then, so any "rules" or the blacklist or any of these ideas would be for these "open" requests, I imagine.

Why can't we just ignore any guy we don't want to make a request or we don't like his request format?
Why should we apply these rules which actually noone will follow...?
Every shop can has its own rules and its up to it's members if they gonna do the request or not as its up to the forums' members if they gonna do an open request or not...I don't see the reason we should make rules...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

3. I didn't mean to post so many
Biggest ever lol,

plz make them differant.

Theme: Shield with swords and abstract background
Type: Tribe COA
Text: Loyal

Theme: Shield with swords and abstract background
Type: Siggeh
Text: Loyal

plz make them differant.