Ideal village points...

Discussion in 'Questions' started by fat mess, Oct 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. busamad

busamad Contributing Poster

Having played played all speeds with old type units (No speed rounds as yet)
    Also staying until the late stage of worlds.

I have found that you do need a few set ups to meet all situations from:

Front line villages late world:

Village Headquarters (Level 25)
    Barracks (Level 25)
    Stable (Level 20)
    Workshop (Level 5)
    Academy (Level 3)
    Smithy (Level 17)
    Rally point (Level 1)
    Market (Level 0)
    Timber camp (Level 25)
    Clay pit (Level 20)
    Iron mine (Level 25)
    Farm (Level 30)
    Warehouse (Level 30)
    Hiding place (Level 10)
    Wall (Level 20)

Farm space : 22,147

To a more standard:

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
    Barracks (Level 25)
    Stable (Level 20)
    Workshop (Level 2)
    Academy (Level 2)
    Smithy (Level 20)
    Rally point (Level 1)
    Market (Level 15)
    Timber camp (Level 30)
    Clay pit (Level 30)
    Iron mine (Level 30)
    Farm (Level 30)
    Warehouse (Level 30)
    Hiding place (Level 0)
    Wall (Level 20)

Farm space: 20,941

Some claim that you need to keep all villages the same points so that attacking players cannot tell which village is which.
    In the early to mid part of a world this is a good option but late on in a world you find when attacking the village is stacked regardless of type.

The key is to have as much farm space as you are able when you look at 200 plus villages even 100 farm slots per village soon adds up.

I have seen / taken villages from decent players who only build Stable to L17, Market L10, as a standard build.

I have also seen but never tried myself zero wood,clay & iron plus market smithy at L5 for attack villages.

On slow worlds at the start I want troop buildings up as fast as I can still playing around with a good build order but I'm sure that if very active in farming. Taking the village HQ upto L22 maybe slightly higher before building up troop buildings past L20 / L15 for stable out ways the extra cost. This then gets your troops on the ground quicker.

But in every build I've seen that works well for the player none have been much past 10K

The only player I know who did very well with maxed out villages was in W10 & he just took barbs & built them up.
    I think hes now knocked them down since to get No1 in ODA I belive hes near your location minishaw

2. busamad

busamad Contributing Poster

Thats not as hard as you think. You could farm the village, either yourself, tribe member or PA.

But I would worry more on how you have got yourself in a situation which has a noble inbound with less than 3 hours to go.

Thats like 5 villages along from you (speed 1) if you noticed the launch.

Why do you not have control of your area or have the village stacked if not would be a better question.

Or if it came from further away I would either change tribes as you had no one to sit you if your village was in a bad location (unable to protect).
    Or log on a little more often if not.

If none of the above are true maybe being sent to the rim might help you improve on the next world / restart.

3. dbagmcgee

dbagmcgee Guest

A lot of your logic is flawed... if you can get more hc in as support without entire d's ruining you ratio, you will lose fewer troops then sending nothing at all. Not to mention your ratios have no weakness but therefore have no strength.
    Also, @pyker; if I were anywhere near you on w19, I would probably have to rim you...

4. pyker42

pyker42 Guest

lol, if you say so. :icon_wink:

5. Shyroh

Shyroh Guest

It's always fun to have all your villages at 10,000.

6. minishaw

minishaw Guest

end game is under 3k active players thats the beigning of the end game just watch alot of the big tribes left are haveing mass activity problems and when a war hits them they fold and there villas merge into the mega active tribes like mines counts and a world did end its called german world 1 ;) you know the world with a 100m point player

my tribes oldest allys border us around our western and southern edges we have pushed to the rim and taken it all and then to our east we areabout to join up with our other ally after i mass clearing of the tribes in between that all got up and quit asoon as we declared sick of tribes disbanding under our first offence wave =\

7. servy

servy Guest

You can't really compare the german w1 with the worlds here. They had 1 packet costs for all nobles. That allowed large players to actually grow as big as they did in a fairly short period of time. For that to happen with the increasing noble costs will take far, far longer then it took them, and we still haven't even neared how long those worlds have been open.

8. minishaw

minishaw Guest

yeah but we have one other factor quiting due to the over bearing packet costs ;)

9. calarasi

calarasi Guest

true...this is our secret strategy...stay calm others will get bored first :)

dont get smart with me

2 isolated villages deep in enemy teritory
    tribe is good, suport is coming slow
    they stacked and enemy used cats on one of ur villages.....u can only evacuate resources to lower the reward :)

they send nobles from a closer village yes...no surprise atack, only brute force involved....

i dint say anything in my scenario about dominating the area, bad tribes, sitters and all....i had villages cleared with more than 30 nukes on them and still cleared so dont talk like that.
    I asked you to empty the village and nothing else...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  10. Kiwdahc

Kiwdahc Well-Known Member

help

Ok two of my villages have the same buildings but are different points any advice?

11. servy

servy Guest

Give it some time as it isn't updated instantly.

12. zaamil

zaamil Guest

not true
    say 9000 axe 2500 lc 250 rams Vs 15k archers
    and 7000 axe 3000 lc and 250 rams and 54 cats Vs 15k archers
    you get a 21 kills difference so the bit about more axe the better isnt true

13. pyker42

pyker42 Guest

You necroed a thread just to post this? why?

14. hellzvquake

hellzvquake Member

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
    Barracks (Level 25)
    Stable (Level 20)
    Workshop (Level 3)
    Academy (Level 1)
    Smithy (Level 20)
    Rally point (Level 1)
    Market (Level 10/15)
    Timber camp (Level 30)
    Clay pit (Level 30)
    Iron mine (Level 30)
    Farm (Level 30)
    Hiding place (Level 0)
    Warehouse (Level 30) (this can be lower in the lower stages of the game / if your very active)
    Wall (Level 20)

This is for coin worlds and has been the build ive used

15. zaamil

zaamil Guest

coz I was bored on skype :lol:

16. gbary

gbary Still Going Strong

Horrible evidence to support your claim. Like really..

17. pyker42

pyker42 Guest

I agree. I fail to see the logical step between being bored on skype, and necromancing a thread.

I feel like and underwear gnome.

18. Village Building Layout

You should now see that troops are the most important part of any empire, historically or in game. Given that statement, let us look at building layouts and try to come up with one that will both maximize troop output and troop count. The maximum population for any given village is 24,000 so we are quite limited by population on how many troops can fit into our tiny little village.
    It actually turns out, that this population limit works to our advantage. This advantage is easy to see. Being able to save room for 100 troops in a village that can hold 10,000 troops yields a 1% increase in over all power, while saving the same amount of troops in a village with 20,000 troops yields only a 0.5% increase in power. So, whatever we save due to building selection will actually benefit us in the long run when we have a max. pop. village.

Lets take a look at the recommended building layout. The reasons for some selections are more obvious than others, I will explain the less obvious choices. If you do not understand a choice given, as always, feel free to ask questions. In my opinion, this is the best way you can go in order to meet the criteria above, that is Maximizing Troop Output (Minimizing Train Time) while Maximizing Troop Count.

Note: These are final values of buildings in your maximum population village.

Code:
     Building                           Level              Saved Population

Code:
    Village Headquarters                 20                       376
    Barracks                           25(max)                     -
    Stable                               10                       135
    Workshop                             3                        61
    Academy                              1                         -
    Smithy                             20(max)                     -
    Rally point                          1                         -
    Statue                               1                         -
    Market                               20                       125
    Timber camp                        30(max)                     -
    Clay pit                           30(max)                     -
    Iron mine                          30(max)                     -
    Farm                               30(max)                     -
    Warehouse                          30(max)                     -
    Hiding place                         0                         8
    Wall                               20(max)                     -

A total Points of 9,184.
    A total Farm Space of 20,853.

For a grand total of 1,041 population saved. That means you can hold 1,041 more troops in your village as opposed to one in which you fully upgrade everything. So for every 10 villages, you can have 10,410 more troops!!! It turns out that you are saving about 2.5% troop strength doing this which is actually quite significant. Think about it this way, for every 25 defensive villages, you are actually packing 26 villages worth of troops into it. Same with offensive ones.

You will also notice that I only gave 1 layout. That is because all villages should have the same one.

Why???

So all of your villages have the same point totals. That makes it impossible for the enemy to get a hint on which are your defensive and offensive villages.

Village HQ L20 - The reason behind this is simple. You need level 20 to educate noblemen. Aside from that, the only real function is to slow build time. In a max village you are no longer constructing any buildings, so any upgrade past this just hurts you in the long run.

Stable L10 & Workshop L3 - The reasoning behind this is easy, yet less obvious. When you send in your troops to clear a stacked village or a village with a high morale penalty, you will need to send in multiple clearing waves to clean it out. This means that at the very least, one of your villages lost all of its troops. Since you are building the most units out of your barracks, the time it takes you to reach max. pop. is bound by the barracks. In other words, your barracks will be the last thing done when building your balanced offence or defense. Because of that, we do not max these 2 buildings but instead, we try to get them to finish at a closer time to that of the barracks. That way no time is wasted as you will have to wait for your barracks before the attack is useful again anyway. Now, with these levels for these 2 buildings, they will still finish ahead of your barracks, I just find that any lower, they tend to move at a crawl.

Market L20 - The reasoning behind stopping here. It allows you to move a large amount of resources quickly across your empire. You will never really need to send much more than this as with any extras, you will just dump into coins and nobles anyway. This level allows you to ship a little more than 1 coin worth of resources at a time, which I find to be sufficient enough.

Warehouse L30 - You may think there is no need for a warehouse of this capacity... You might be right, but warehouses take up 0 population, so why not just build it all the way up anyway.

Last but not least, another benefit to doing things ths way will keep your points total lower than most with the same amount of villages. This means you will incur less moral penalties, and the ones you do suffer some will be somewhat reduced.

The Different Village Layouts:

I.) Recommended Village Layout:

This Village Layout is the best strategically village layout out of all.

Code:

Code:
    Workshop                             3                        61

A total Points of 9,184.
    A total Farm Space of 20,853.

II.) Standard Village Layout:

This Village Layout is the most use village layout of TW Experienced Players.

Code:

Code:
    Workshop                             10                       39

A total Points of 9,809.
    A total Farm Space of 20,706.

III.) The Customize Village Layout:

It is better if you make your own Village Layout. Just like me. But, I will make a guide for you so that you will not upgrade the wrong buildings.

(The Buildings that has a "?" Mark, can be change.)

Code:

Code:
    Stable                              -?-                       -?-
    Workshop                            -?-                       -?-
    Market                              -?-                       -?-

------------------------------------------------------------------

Take note that you should only use one village layout. Why???

So all of your villages have the same point totals. That makes it impossible for the enemy to get a hint on which are your defensive and offensive villages.

19. pyker42

pyker42 Guest

LMAO, lvl 10 stable and workshop the most used build of "experienced" TW players? You should check their experience a bit more before making that claim.

First, the workshop. Usually a level 2 workshop is sufficient to handle all the production needed for a regular nuke in the amount of time it takes for the nuke to be ready, including plenty of extras for fakes. At most, a lvl 5 workshop can be used for all but ram and cat village builds.

Second, a lvl 10 stable produces units much slower than a level 20 stable which gives you two net results: 1) your nukes take much longer to complete, and 2) your nukes will, more than likely, be axe heavy making them less effective against the general defense heavy defenses most players use. (A 1:1 ratio of swords and spears produces a defense with 10% more general defense then cavalry defense.)

20. I use the following, can't remember the point value it gives me, i think it's around 9690 on coin worlds

HQ - 20
    Barracks - 25
    Stable - 20
    Workshop - 2
    Smithy - 20
    Academy - 1 (coin) or 3 (packet)
    Rally Point - 1
    Statue - optional
    Market - 20
    Timber, Clay, Iron - 30
    Farm - 30
    Warehouse - 30
    Hiding Place - non existant
    Wall - 20

I do vary occasionally though for things like wallbreaker nukes or cat nukes, bringing Workshop up to the max level is a must, i don't bother with the stables for those either, just fill the remaining space with axes.