Ideal village points...

jbak13

You don't know what sarcasm is, do you. :icon_rolleyes:
don't argue this guy - he plays on w11 and he's the world "noob" who just doesn't know when to quit, trust us the mods have trouble keepin things under wrap so they've given us our own thread to rip on him....

as for my build i gave up on non-pointwhoring and like all of them to be 10k

20 HQ
25 barracks
20 stable
15 workshop
20 smithy
1 academy
20 market
1 rally
30 resources
30 farm/warehouse
3 hiding place
20 wall....

that's how its done :)

Druss The Legend.

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 5)
Academy (Level 1)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 15)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Wall (Level 20)

Farming > Higher Market.

jbak13

Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 5)
Academy (Level 1)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 15)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Wall (Level 20)

Farming > Higher Market.
farming = too boring with 700 villages :p

Seagryfn

Contributing Poster
and what about
HQ lvl15
Barrack lvl25
Stable lvl 20
no market
Smithy lvl 5
Academy lvl 1
no hiding place
Wall lvl 20
Farm 30
Warehouse 30
Ressources 30
OMG, overflow city! You have no way to utilize excess iron or wood, because when you store packets and have leftovers, you have no merchants to deliver those resources elsewhere. If you are going to do that, then drop the iron mine to level 29 to reduce the overflow and save another 138 population.

You cannot recruit Heavy Cavalry and you cannot recruit Nobles. Ever. Personally, I always like to have to ability to make a noble *anywhere* incase a nasty visitor lands beside me unexpectedly.

I think you forgot to list your workshop. Otherwise, you cannot have rams or catapults. The village would be no good offensively, with no rams, so maybe its a defense village? But the village would be no good defensively, because you cannot recruit HC. So why have a level 20 stable?

And the MASSIVE weakness? A single fang atttack with 2 catapults.
It would set you back 3 weeks (not to mention the resources) rebuilding the Academy! Worse, if it was a wave attack that targeted your farm, the village could become indefensible and unproductive for a couple months.

Seagryfn

Contributing Poster
You will also notice that I only gave 1 layout. That is because all villages should have the same one.

Why???

So all of your villages have the same point totals. That makes it impossible for the enemy to get a hint on which are your defensive and offensive villages.
LOL, 2 words:
Epic Fail.

If all your villages have the identical point total and I am at war with you, than I can INSTANTLY see anywhere you have a WALL down, *and* I can tell by counting up the points exactly how badly you are injured. You just handed out your complete list of weak spots to the enemy!

Although my village builds are similar, they all vary by +1/-1 or +2/-2 levels of Academy, Workshop, Hiding Space, or sometimes market or HQ. When my points are inconsistant, no one can be sure (just by looking at my village list) if I am hurting or under-developed anywhere.

Sample -
You Be Food?! 624|357 9.658
You Be Food?! 678|436 9.557
You Be Food?! 672|425 9.556
You Be Food?! 690|499 9.658
You Be Food?! 624|354 9.653
You Be Food?! 673|408 9.659
You Be Food?! 698|492 9.664

-Dark Assasin-

don't argue this guy - he plays on w11 and he's the world "noob" who just doesn't know when to quit, trust us the mods have trouble keepin things under wrap so they've given us our own thread to rip on him....

as for my build i gave up on non-pointwhoring and like all of them to be 10k

20 HQ
25 barracks
20 stable
15 workshop
20 smithy
1 academy
20 market
1 rally
30 resources
30 farm/warehouse
3 hiding place
20 wall....

that's how its done :)
Why do you need a Level 15 Workshop, and a Level 3 Hiding Place???

Cenewyg

Barracks (Level 24)
Stable (Level 15)
Workshop (Level 2)
Academy (Level 1)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 10)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 28)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Wall (Level 20)

New to the game.... please suggest changes... but, have detailed reasoning!

zarddeath200

Barracks (Level 24)
Stable (Level 15)
Workshop (Level 2)
Academy (Level 1)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 10)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 28)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Wall (Level 20)

Rax--25, always max rax and stable, troops are too important
stable--to 20, same as above.
market--15 or so would probably be a good idea, as ten merchants really restricts some great defensive strategies, but this is mostly your choice
iron mine--at least 29, maybe 30. if you create LC, 29+ iron mine is a must, unless you plan on farming, A LOT, then you want maxed resource pits.

Sp@rky13

Contributing Poster
Barracks (Level 24)
Stable (Level 15)
Workshop (Level 2)
Academy (Level 1)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 10)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 28)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Wall (Level 20)

I would say 3-5 at the very most 10 for workshop and yah, probably lvl 15 market

busamad

Contributing Poster
Workshop:

L15 can make 1000 rams or 665 cats in the time it takes to make 6500 axe at L25
L2 can make 470 rams or 312 cats in the time it takes to make 6500 axe at L25

Yes my first couple of villages due to the need to take walls buildings for farming I can understand a need for speed to recruit but after 3 or 4 villages it just costs you both farm space & resources.

L15 72 pop 308 points
L2 9 pop 29 points

L15 means an average extra village worth of points for every 35 villages you have meaning higher troop loss when attacking others.

L15 uses 33365 more clay (the important resource for packets)

Thats an extra packet for every village you can save by keeping the Workshop low.

zarddeath200

Workshop:

L15 can make 1000 rams or 665 cats in the time it takes to make 6500 axe at L25
L2 can make 470 rams or 312 cats in the time it takes to make 6500 axe at L25

Yes my first couple of villages due to the need to take walls buildings for farming I can understand a need for speed to recruit but after 3 or 4 villages it just costs you both farm space & resources.

L15 72 pop 308 points
L2 9 pop 29 points

L15 means an average extra village worth of points for every 35 villages you have meaning higher troop loss when attacking others.

L15 uses 33365 more clay (the important resource for packets)

Thats an extra packet for every village you can save by keeping the Workshop low.
Just to make things interesting, I will counter all of these arguments.
teh difference between l2 and l15 is less than the difference between L29 and L30 of an iron mine. You should keep it at 29 instead. If you are like me, you rarely attack outside of your morale "area", as only the largest players on the server, and the smallest ones, begin to get a morale effect.

The clay used to get to L15, 33365 is almost completely made up in 1 day. The only time a day will make any difference is within the first 2 month or so of the server, when you should not be worrying about the workshop as much as axes, LC, noblemen, and your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th villages.