Important relevant propaganda

DeletedUser

I feel there the forums have deviated somewhat from what I imagine their primary purpose to be:- my personal entertainment.

Therefore for your personal entertainment this is a .gif of Emma Watson dancing.

tumblr_mkmz7iLfNB1qcm0m3o1_500.gif

Good evening everyone. Hope you're all well.

I shall periodically extend this post with things I find interesting. This is primarily because things I find interesting are more interesting than the things you pass off as propaganda and forum banter these days.

06/06/2013 :-
[spoil]

I'm here to educate you all. The topic of learning today will be an important academic and intellectual topic of discourse popularly called the Infinite Monkey Theorem.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Monkey-typing.jpg

In this context, "almost surely" is a mathematical term with a precise meaning, and the "monkey" is not an actual monkey, but a metaphor for an abstract device that produces a random sequence of letters ad infinitum. The theorem illustrates the perils of reasoning about infinity by imagining a vast but finite number, and vice versa. The probability of a monkey exactly typing a complete work such as Shakespeare's Hamlet is so tiny that the chance of it occurring during a period of time of the order of the age of the universe is minuscule, but not zero.

Variants of the theorem include multiple and even infinitely many typists, and the target text varies between an entire library and a single sentence. The history of these statements can be traced back to Aristotle's On Generation and Corruption and Cicero's De natura deorum, through Blaise Pascal and Jonathan Swift, and finally to modern statements with their iconic typewriters. In the early 20th century, Émile Borel and Arthur Eddington used the theorem to illustrate the timescales implicit in the foundations of statistical mechanics.

Popular interest in the typing monkeys is sustained by numerous appearances in literature, television, radio, music, and the Internet. In 2003, an experiment was performed with six Celebes Crested Macaques. Their literary contribution was five pages consisting largely of the letter 'S'.

More information can be found in the Princeton University online library here.

I shall periodically update this post with more things I feel is important for you to know.[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are you playing on this world Pervis?

EDIT: Cabana cigara wants to know :D

DeletedUser

For Clint's sweaty pleasure, this is a .gif of a monkey riding a goat :-

monkey_goat.gif

DeletedUser

Someone tell Cabanna to get on skype. I have ice cweam

DeletedUser

Someone tell Cabanna to get on skype. I have ice cweam

He doesn't have skype installed at the moment but i'll tell him to get on it!

Btw he is playing this world, so if you are aswell you can mail him ingame :)

DeletedUser

I shall periodically extend this post with things I find interesting. This is primarily because things I find interesting are more interesting than the things you pass off as propaganda and forum banter these days.

First update is up : - The Infinite Monkey Theorem

DeletedUser

:icon_redface: 10 thumbs up

I dread to ask where these ten thumbs are being shoved up :icon_confused:

Papa: okiez thanks dude. Also my skype addy is swinging.jesus the same as ever