Closed Discussion Improving Quest & Tutorialsystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha212

Reaction score
Main problem with your quests is you do not teach new players the power of premium points. Your tutorial teaches new players to play as if premium points aren't a thing.

Maybe start them with 100 points(obvious marketing technique) and point out they can farm them in other worlds and carry them to new worlds. Essentially a 4th resource that is better than all the other resources combined, but hardly mentioned. For some new player playing for the first time on the mobile app(most likely), they will not understand how pp farming works. They will simply think its a cheese pay-to-win game(kinda is), who tf wants to play that?

Last edited:

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think one of the main problems with a quest system being used as a tutorial, is that players should be able to go back and reference the tutorials they have already completed. I don't ever start a game, go through a tutorial, and then go looking for some other source of information to explain to me the same things the tutorial just did; I try to open the tutorial again. I think that reopening completed tutorial quests should be not just an option, but clearly presented as an option.

I think in much the same vein, the tutorials should introduce the player to external guides and/or the wiki, and get them familiar with using such guides. Explain to them that much of the strategy of the game is variable, and that they need to have many tactics and concepts at their disposal, in order to use the correct one for the situation. The tutorial system can only teach a player so much; so it needs to explain that they need to do work themselves to get good at the game, and push them towards quality resources for doing so.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The quests have a huge number of issues that teach poor ideas to new players. I will address a few of these below, but it would take a significant effort to do EVERY singly point especially from memory - if I could see the exact quest tree that exists this would help a lot with specific feedback.

1. The quests do not explain the true value of mine production. I might not remember exactly, but I believe they tell you to push mines to level 6 before going for stable? or maybe it's slightly higher I'm not sure. Mines should really be at least 12 or 14 before you think about going for stable/LC.

2. They do not teach micro-farming, in fact they force you to send 10/10 in early game (sure this works for the first 30/60 mins when the barbs have the initial 500/500/400 res that they start with, but after that it's horrendously poor farming technique and will literally render 5 times less farming income than 2/2, or 10 times less if the noob resolves to sending all 20/20 of his def, and then 50/50 once that's built.

3. The importance of scavenging is also not emphasised during the quests. The new optimal start involves a heavy spear/scavenging rush in the first few days, this isn't even remotely touched upon. It's key for beginners to unlock the first 3 levels as quickly as possible - i think the quests only tell you to unlock the 1st one, which is ironically the only level that is almost certainly less efficient than just microfarming.

4. The importance of LC as the most efficient farming unit is not explained at all.

As I said, I can give more specific feedback and guidance if I am to see the exact quest tree, would be far less effort than starting some random world and playing the first few weeks lol.

Deleted User - 11549951

I would like to suggest an inbuilt Forum tribe system with some suggestions on how to build a village and how to separate defensive and offensive troops in villas as well as the "mission reminder" to go check the tribe forum.
After sitting many players in many tribes I have noticed that for the majority of them, this is in-existent.
If there is no teacher, only a few will learn, and then you play by yourselves.

Overall, no one is really gonna read this :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.