In memoriam: Norse

DeletedUser

I felt compelled to post this since the conversation went on in many different places at once.

Norse is gone, even though the tribe still has quite a few members. It should be pretty obvious from the tribal file, if not for our greatly diminished PNP presence. Even though it is amusing reading all the PNP on these forums and I don't want to downplay Nights excellent operation against Norse, nearly everyone of "us" has quit.

It probably started around October last year. At first it was hardly noticeable. Remember we had an average of 2-3 people per account, and an active Skype room with about 75 people. Key people started dropping out. Dave for instance- The figurehead of Two Nerds One Account. Mike (?) and Jack - the latter being my own co-player who went off to finish HP as the number one account. It was hardly noticeable at first, as no one went out with a bang.

Around Nov-December we lost our duke - who had been the driving force behind Norse and who probably spent a few hours each day just stopping people from bashing each others head in. Real life circumstances meant he had to focus on what really mattered to him and knowing his situation I can only applaud the way he took responsibility where it was needed. However, it meant Norse now lacked the leadership. There was no management of many things, including sitting and secrets, and the players who stepped up in his place simply did not command the same respect from the veterans who were now quitting a much higher pace.

A couple of new faces were brought in, but it seems experience was an issue for some if activity wasn't. People started formulating plans to leave with a bang - the most interesting is perhaps the idea of having a "Norse fantasy league" which was more or less dissolving Norse and having us fight each other for shits and giggles. Not entirely sure what became of this, but this is what Mintcream posted about as a peace offer from Norse in early Jan.

Two weeks into January I got a great career offer, and decided to drop off the planet as well. I entered my own account - with countless hours invested into it - and set someone as sitter fully aware they would not be able to cope with it being dumped on them. This I feel sorry for. I was not under attack, and my area was quiet, but it's not something I liked doing to someone. It's like getting a puppy, and sending it to a stranger's house after two years. Except I didn't have a puppy. I had a horse.

Early February we came together and the ones left could be counted on one hand. We shared memories. We laughed. We mourned. We mused ourselves with what could have been, but the overwhelming feeling was that none of us really wanted to step up and put in the time. Our Skype room participants count was already halved while the amount of accounts in Norse had stayed the same. It was the end.

Norse was not a bad tribe. It's a shame it had to go this way but none of us felt like dragging it on for months just to prove some point.

I'm expecting to get flamed to bits. There's no Norse PNP presence so nearly everyone here will be Night or consorts. Still, I'd like to invite everyone to discuss the topic.

Jeff,
Coplayed by a Horse.

DeletedUser115680

There's no need to keep spreading trash against the other side.

Both sides had great players, I would say the tribes were very equal to one another but @Night had a more solid core-group of players so when mint got tired and quit tw for a while. The tribe did not fall apart and we keept having a strong leadership.

Anyhow, It could have been a great war. It was a fun world overall with a lot of bs from both sides (as It should be). :)

Im signing out as a mainowner of my account since this world is done and im no longer needed. I would like to thank everyone in @Night, everyone from our original team to those who joined in later. You have all been a great part in our victory and you all made this world worth playing. I'll be online on skype an hour a day or so but not more than that :)

Cheers
Anton // Get On My Level?

DeletedUser

God told you the real story? I can't wait. This is going to be good.

Edit: the post which I replied to has since been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser93681

Thanks Jeff, for the insight. I wondered what happened to them. I was in the Norse premade and they were so promising but I guess Scott was the glue. GL all in future worlds and RL :)

DeletedUser

Even after so much huggles, Minty is still feeling a little insecure

monstaz2

@Night warred it's way around the world, just because we used our brains and recruited members to create another front doesn't mean we "hugged" at all.. Apparently wanting a fight from Norse is hugging..?

DeletedUser

I see a lot of interesting posts have been deleted, let's all keep it nice. If you want to fight Norse to the end by all means go for it, but I don't think you'll find a challenge within Norse, |x|, or myself. There's no one left.

Irontusk

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Big props to Eli, Roel, Flo & other Norse sitters who burned so many hours keeping things afloat for far longer than we were willing to play

DeletedUser

Hugging a world? lol
Ridiculous

http://prntscr.com/65btp5

Just remember that if tribe A declares on tribe B. And the tribe C delcares on B and invites tribe A into their war. Tribe A will now get double stats for that war. War stats are not to be looked at from inside TW. TWstats is the only real tool you can use, but only works if you remember who you fought.

Overall, a very good world. Could've last probably another year if nobody had quit. @Night can't deny that they hugged a little bit, but everybody does at some point. Don't be mad when people say that. Still kicked our asses but it was a fun fight to watch.

DeletedUser115571

Just remember that if tribe A declares on tribe B. And the tribe C delcares on B and invites tribe A into their war. Tribe A will now get double stats for that war. War stats are not to be looked at from inside TW. TWstats is the only real tool you can use, but only works if you remember who you fought.

Overall, a very good world. Could've last probably another year if nobody had quit. @Night can't deny that they hugged a little bit, but everybody does at some point. Don't be mad when people say that. Still kicked our asses but it was a fun fight to watch.

@Night have not hugge. Just beauee we didnt declare on every single tribe from day one it doesnt mean we hugged.

We declared on every tribe that stood in our way to win. No matter the size or the friends we had.

We napped and later made an alliance with 333. while fighting the three tribes in the Fart family. we were then 35 players agaisnt 100ish. We then didnt neee another front.

333 did not actively support us in that war, they had their own issues. As soon as that war was over WE declared on Knight, and we tried to rush a front with slow in order to declare.

Norse then came to me (Scott) with a hugging proposal of an alliance. He was denied, Norse was our goal to war.

Norse declared on 333 and immediately we set up to attack slow to get a front with norse. As soon as we hade a front with Norse we attacked. At the same time we secured our rim. We choose to nap one tribe and eat all the orthers. That tribe have given about 20-30 deffvillages up at the Xaime front.

you could perhaps call it hugging if not Norse at the same time worked together with sex, i.w.a. and slow. I see it as a war between one coalition against anohter coalition.

At no time during the was did @Night try to recruit or hug its way to the top. We gained ground by warring, and we only recruited whe players quit. Infact I forbade a lot of internal mergers for a very very long time as I see it as a waste of tribal
Nobles.

At the moment Norse is half our size. That is not because we hugged our way here. it is becasue i short while back Norse failed their op on Castle. and it seems after that failure Norse no longer wanted to fight.

Some send nukes and fakes, but most have just stopped playing so our size is not due to hugging, it is due to Norse shying away from the challenge.

And to DKS i can say as I said to 333.

we dont stab our friends in the back, so you will live out your life on this world without needing to fear us.

DeletedUser

It's been a interesting world, to say the least. The Skype convos, the banter.. a lot of it, earlier days of Dave and Mike almost going at it with nukes everyday and as Jeff said, Scott basically being the rock to break the "whose D is bigger" wave (sometimes enforcing it through a 1 v 1...) and the extremely biased forum polls.

Going to miss the chat, banter and BSing around. Chance, Roel, Kyle, 'Eli'zabeth and will miss playing with -most- of Norse.

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Going to miss the chat, banter and BSing around. Chance, Roel, Kyle, 'Eli'zabeth and will miss playing with -most- of Norse.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

The quitting of Mike was the start, followed by losing Scott and Dave.

This, in my eyes was the end.

Props to Night, and the remaining actives of norse.

Power ranger white. - Out.

Ali

DeletedUser

If you had put all the time you had to fight @NIGHT instead of just write things about the fantastic times you had in your splendid tribe you maybe had make it for a few month more.

A new world just open and there it was. The classic TW-line.
"IRL takes to mush time now so I dont have time for TW"
This just says: We got our butt kicked so we blame IRL and hide on the new world.

But you are like my kids. If things dont go your way you dont wanna play anymore.

I just say Good luck on the other world.

DeletedUser

GFH, your first post and an awful one at that.

Firstly, I literally can't name 1 person whose quit 1 world just because a new one has opened up. I don't think this "classic TW-line" is as common as you think, so please; continue to spew out random non-sense.

Secondly, as Jeff stated, a core group did in fact quit -while- we were still ahead and having no leadership for a few months, it was only a matter of time.

Real life, job, career, significant others, money, getting laid, alcohol or a time-eating, strategy game set in the Medieval Ages? Based on your post, GFH, I'm assuming you chose and continue to choose only the time-eating, strategy game set in the Medieval Ages.

Feel free to reply with more @Night gibberish. I'll see you @Day ;)

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
A new world just open and there it was. The classic TW-line.
"IRL takes to mush time now so I dont have time for TW"
This just says: We got our butt kicked so we blame IRL and hide on the new world.

Yes, you guys won, but i am not putting it down to the tribes' skill, i am putting it down to inactivity, due to a number of factors.

Yes, RL was one, but the world was BORING, even when winning.

Yet again, props to night for riding it out.

Ali

DeletedUser115770

Yes, you guys won, but i am not putting it down to the tribes' skill, i am putting it down to inactivity, due to a number of factors.

Yes, RL was one, but the world was BORING, even when winning.

Yet again, props to night for riding it out.

Ali

And this world is just like the other worlds, We can see lame excuses from the loosing side.

DeletedUser93681

Key people started dropping out. Dave for instance- The figurehead of Two Nerds One Account.

Although I did appreciate the insight, Dave along with a few others contributed to the downfall. Not because they quit, but because they played for themselves.. Selfish players. who had bashers and never supported anyone. Dave/ immunesoul thats always been his MO. Dont fan his ego by saying he was key.

Edit lucky for me I ended up on the rim and a friend noticed me :) I now play with some great team mates

Anyhoo the world is NOT won or lost. We still need secrets. Play the game as it should be played, or dont dare be playing on another because your RL came first here.

DeletedUser115443

Holy shit the only thing im going to miss is the hours spent in this filth