In memoriam: Norse

DeletedUser

The world has been won in all but name, unless night decide to mass delete, but theres zero chance of that happening. Shame that Reality got to Norse

DeletedUser99544

So, suddenly IRL issues hit Norse? No other tribe but not Norse? Isnt it funny how that always happen to a losing tribe.

Every tribe have activity issues. The main key is to replace dead accounts with live accounts or get now owners to the ones where the last one go inactive.

Lets look back a little. Already in the early days of the war it was evident that some in Norse were upset that 2nerds got all internals. I think Scotts words was that atleast he knows what to do with the troops. For the first two months he send one single nuke at @Night. one. That is not how to support your teammates in war. It was first when that account was being sat it started to hit @night

Up till december Norse had plus in the stats, and they did nothing but mock @night. we were gonna be rimmed were we. Yes you were plus. We took a strategic decision to not save the polak account. He was instead offered another place in @Night. Yes it may feel unfair to one acocuntower to do such a thing, but looking at the villages lost then, they are back in the hands of @night.

At about new years the stats started to go in @nights favour, but rather than do what @night had done for months, ride it out, the first thing that comes no Norse's mind is surrenter. Mind you at this time IRL is not an issue, NO. They just want to give @Night all sercrets if they just dont have to fight them. because they want to fight themslelves. Time was not and issue then.

at about the same time as w79 started Norse got a few more players, fresh blood, still sthe same banting on external. They went for a huge OP on Castle. They pretty much through everything at one card. Mint went ballistic in @Night, demanded support even from Barbarians. It was mad. but somehow he sorted it so Castle lost but a minimal amount of villages. This failed op was the end of Norse. It was here they gave up. som deleted some send all the support to the secrets and that from front vilages. Some started new tribes.

It was not that suddenly all got IRL issues. but it was the typical scenario from merging tribes, If you cant dominate the world, then why play at all.

I know for so long this was the issue with Norse. Especially when you took in players that ODK and xaime.

@night have lost as many players to irl as have norse i am sure. but the rest of us honour their commitment to new jobs or relations by making sure they account land in The Hall of Fame.

I can also see Norse players on w77, w78 and w79. No real life in the way there :p

The world is far from won, but i must say Norse was a big disappointment. So Far The Fart war was faught med more passion than this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116125

GFH, your first post and an awful one at that.

Firstly, I literally can't name 1 person whose quit 1 world just because a new one has opened up. I don't think this "classic TW-line" is as common as you think, so please; continue to spew out random non-sense.

Secondly, as Jeff stated, a core group did in fact quit -while- we were still ahead and having no leadership for a few months, it was only a matter of time.

Real life, job, career, significant others, money, getting laid, alcohol or a time-eating, strategy game set in the Medieval Ages? Based on your post, GFH, I'm assuming you chose and continue to choose only the time-eating, strategy game set in the Medieval Ages.

Feel free to reply with more @Night gibberish. I'll see you @Day ;)

it is the classic excuse when things don't go your way you quit and blame it on IRL. It's a part of their ego they can't admit that they lost fair and square. There must always be some reason for it such as IRL

DeletedUser108293

My congratulations to @Night. You did a good job there, Norse was a very good tribe, even though they had problems in the past nobody can deny that you have beaten them.

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I haven't been on 75 for ages in fact since the failure of the previous big tribe SoSrry/Merge/SLOW.

[spoil]
6324.jpg
[/spoil]

Very Worthy runners up of this world is the Norse team in whatever tribe they may well be in (hope they do band back together). From start-up this was the tribe to be in until it seems the last few months regardless my hat is tipped to you guys thanks for making it a fun world.
[spoil]
155-3c-salcombe10-gold-trophy-was-1953c-10.5-inch-2011-pg155-67753-p.jpg
[/spoil]

Now it's on to the winners a bit of a shock for me everyone outside of Night seemed to always be biased against them (what on earth did you do? looking at Mint in particular xD)
Norse made me tip my hat you guys blew it off great job.

tl;dr Just realised this is an absolute pointless nothing post so summing it up. Appreciate the insight into Norse (night guys stop moaning about their excuse of IRL some tribes DO get hit worse than others with the killer virus of TW inactivity) and directed at Night congratulations definitely a shock win for me (based on how the world looked 6 months ago :lol:)

DeletedUser

To mint, you didn't have to go off on that whole hugging rant. We are just saying when you look at the tribes that were left; you had Firm on your side (reason most of us quit late January) and DKS. The there was just IWA (which only had about 5-10 active accounts, I think) and RIP for us. Outside of Norse, were you guys warring anybody else at the end? Honest question, I really don't know the answer. So it really did become a lot to a little.

Why wait around when we know we lost? We admitted defeat. The sad part is that most Norse players are saying you won the war, good job, congrats, you kicked our asses, etc. yet you still say IRL was just an excuse. It did hit our tribe. Badly. I don't see any posts here from Norse players that are saying you didn't kick our asses. We got outplayed, yes, but we also had the inactivity. We aren't saying that is the only reason we lost, but you act like there isn't more than one reason for us losing.

So to sum it up we lost for 2 reasons 1) Out-Skilled (especially up North) 2) Inactivity

This world is over. Lets move on.

GG,

Nick

DeletedUser115571

To mint, ; you had Firm on your side (reason most of us quit late January) and DKS. The there was just IWA (which only had about 5-10 active accounts, I think) and RIP for us. Outside of Norse, were you guys warring anybody else at the end? Honest question, I really don't know the answer. So it really did become a lot to a little.

GG,

Nick

Let me be perfectly honest. Dks has become a support tribe. That was our condition to not noble them.

Firm have never been on our side. I know they had a vote ( you must know that too. ) The vote was wether to attack us or you. They told us it was in our favour. We never trusted them. We saw it as a possibilty of a Norse Firm conspiracy. We stacked our borders with Firm The gave us a day they would launch, feb 1. We still thought they would come after us, but in the last days befoe that happened xaime fell hard and i belive that is when they truly dediced to jump you. But we dont have any relations with Firm. They simply warred you as you were easier targets than us.

and you forget your bashertribes in the north east. They helped you with coordinated attacks against us.

During most of the Norse war, we have warred others that have stood in our way. The difference at late is that those tribes wer beat and dissolved and the villages eaten by us. That took us about two and a half month, but when that was achieved we could put a heavier focus on Norse, and that was when it became too much to bear for Norse.

My own account for instance was pretty idle aganist Norse for the whole of January, as I saw us losing ground in k55, so i spent that month building up a barrier ensuring Norse could go no further than too me. Once secured. I turned on Norse more agressively and i think those who got a taste of my troops, know that they were no laughtingmatter.

Yes Norse gave up, long before they neeeded too. who knows what would have happened in a few months. I dont think inactivity killed norse. I think discontent over soloplaying killed it together with he inability for one strong player to unite the tribe.

But i agree, being on the recieving end of nukes takes more time than sending them ;)

DeletedUser116125

I would just like to commend @night when things where looking rough and norse had where wrecking 333 and then nobling the polak and my k65 cluster and then all the banter from the externals.
You guys stuck around.
But when the tides turned and Norse started to lose in stats well egos happened and i can guess a lot of internal issues started happening.

I would like to thank all of @night for a great world it was a blast while i was there, the friday calls where the best ( even though i quit like 2 and a half months ago xD )
I would also like to hank Mint for being super nice to me and Yolo while scott was a total prick if not for that Yolo might of had "merged" with sex and allied norse or @night.
I would also like to thank Faark for giving @night a run for their money a good thing someone did.
I would also like to thank mike for being awesome <3
Norse might think they lost cause scott left.
All i can say is while mint, Gfh and goml are running the battery there is no way @night can lose. Their passion to win is unmatched. Mint solo playing most of the world, setting alarms every 30~ minutes so his account has no weakness is just a fraction of the lengths Mint would go through to win a war.

DeletedUser112009

As you said, sure "IRL issues" is always a BS reason for quitting, as 9/10 players move on to another world right away, however fact is probably the same 9/10 players don't have the time or patience to sit and stress over countless incs all day every day, and would rather do something that is actually some fun. Nonetheless, activity is the pretty much the only reason Night have won, nobody is Norse has truly cared for a long time, the Castle OP was half assed just for the sake of doing an OP, but we can all take the blame for that, as nobody was really bothered to speak up about it or do a much better OP. But yeah, for me at least TNOA were a big let down with how much they lacked in war participation, that kinda speaks for itself so I won't slate them more for it. K55 probably was the best area for Norse in the war, only area that had always looked good for us until everyone began deleting, but again...I'll say no more.

Kudos to Night anyways, I know I at least have been critical of plenty of you and will probably remain to be so in some cases, because frankly as always there are players simply being carried, but I need not mention names there either.

Enjoy warring the barbs, I'll be watching :)

cmd.magma

Nonetheless, activity is the pretty much the only reason Night have won

same reason you were able to beat 333

you guys are a bunch of hypocrites
munching at 333 when they were in the same situation as you are now and boasting on the externals like you were an invincible tribe ..

and if you think spending time on countless incomings(the other part of the game i.e DEFENDING) is not fun then please dont play tw :)

and yeah

we were laughing when you were barbing :)

DeletedUser99544

WE in @Night must apologies.

AS seen The war with Norse is no longer a war but is more to be compared with the massslaughter of pigs. It has also come to our attention that we have treated Norse so badly that many Pigs have died on route to the slaughterhourse. We will there fore apologise for all those Grey dead ones on the field. Thankfully the game will soon enough have amed them 3,5k pointers again and all traces of what it once was will be gone.

DeletedUser

same reason you were able to beat 333

you guys are a bunch of hypocrites
munching at 333 when they were in the same situation as you are now and boasting on the externals like you were an invincible tribe ..

and if you think spending time on countless incomings(the other part of the game i.e DEFENDING) is not fun then please dont play tw :)

and yeah

we were laughing when you were barbing :)

Did anybody say that wasn't the reason we beat 333? Anybody? I'm waiting on some proof there...

And guess what? It wasn't fun, so you say don't play TW, we had a better idea! Just don't play that world!! So we left it. Now you are mad we left?

Why is it so hard for you guys to accept victory and just move on and be done with it?

DeletedUser115571

Xmp. for three months you mocked 333 for poor play. True enough it was a weak tribe and you stepped on them. You petted yourself on the back everyday for how good you were then, but guess what. Once the 333 area was eaten and you had @Night to muster you realised that no matter what you did you were in trouble. Still you mocking on external continues.. for quit some time. Some of you claimed that k55 was a fun area. It was for quite some our our weak spot. I spend Januray to secure that area. CAT opping obliv make him like a little lamb and he instead started internalling ofcourse still mocking here) hence leaving K44 alone. While doing so, The norse became our feedinground as did The south. None in Norse could handle incoming OPs. inf februrary K44 became my playground again and after my second up on Kalvinc he gave in. Still when w79 started you got some new blood and went banting and mocking on externa over how you would get organised and win.

The failed OP you had on Castle meant most of you would have a nine day rebuild, you knew you lost ground on all fronts, and choose to leave for IRL issues. I assume IRL is what w 77 78 and 79 is all about.

We have accepted victory. but it is is so sweet to give som of the smirky comments back on external. You were a team so blindfolded of what was to come that it is toplevel amusement to mock you all the way to the grave.

From day one until closure. This has been my and my teams world to rule. You were never even close to it. So why not just face it. We will use the exernal to pay back some, and will do so as long as we see that it effect you guys.

DeletedUser96097

It is probably true that to some extent, arrogance was the cause of Norse's undoing. And also an underestimation of @Night, but since these two are kind of on a continuum it is difficult to say precisely. But remember, there is always someone better, at least in some aspect. Hence you would be wise, Mintcream, to not succumb to arrogance and later on suffer the same fate as Norse.

A little question to @Night in general: Have you heard of the phrase "beating a dead horse"? I think it is a quite accurate description of what you guys are doing on the externals.

blckdrgn1

I agree with some of what skynub has said. Early on in the war when 333/slow was between norse and @night we noticed Norse players did not coordinate together... they kind of just all went off on their own missions randomly going after whatever target was easiest for them. This did not change when @night and norse were direct neighbors. They could have coordinated on a few select targets and been much more effective.

In the north odkipperoo and xaime did not fight back, they only sniped and stacked the incomings which is no way to win a fight. Two nerds, kalvinc, and power ranger white did coordinate on power ranger pink however this was an obvious move that we in @night predicted so power ranger pink was HEAVILY stacked and topped up again and again after each of their ops... so this costed Norse a lot of time while we continued eating xaime/odkipperoo.

In the south we had to remove the tribe Sex before we could battle norse, sex was outnumbered so they were always on the defense, they never coordinated an offensive against us and this was an opportunity for norse to combine forces with Sex vs @nights south and it never happened... we may never understand why.

In the center there was a lot of dead 333 accounts up for grabs, a few players like oblivitus, mr savage, xjason moved in there but stopped trying to expand when they ran out of easy food. This was another opportunity missed by Norse. Oblivitus kept hitting power ranger yellow, xjason kept randomly nuking 60-100 hours away, and olly/mr savage were struggling to hold the little clusters they made in prime positions. If they had coordinated more stacks there and focused their offense they could have been real trouble for @night in k55... but they let the opportunity slip away.

This might have been because of players like Scott/mike/dave quitting but there was a player named Vato Loco who was making ops and trying to keep things together however Harry (exquisite tomato) on Oblivitus decided to kick vato loco off the account because he missed a couple dodges. Everyone has done that. The BEST of the BEST miss dodges and lose some troops, its not a big deal when you have 500+ villages and lose some off troops though. This was a huge mistake on Harry/Norse' part as they kicked someone who could really help save their tribe.

In @night, Mint was a very solid leader. He made sure everyone was on the same page starting with no one commenting no the externals, thats why we are eager to express ourselves now that we are allowed to :)

He made sure that everyone followed the rules and contributed and if they didnt, they were thrown to the wolves and eaten quickly. This really strengthened the bonds of @night members. Right after the Fart war he ordered everyone to have at least 200 cats in every nuke which lead to us being far more effective in taking down our targets. For months we saw norse nuking with 10-50 cats in their nukes barely scratching our buildings after a long walk and they finally clear a stack/hit an empty village so it was easy for us to recover from their ops.

I was leading the effort to keep @nights defense moving to where it needed to be so the players who needed stacks got it. Players like odkipperoo and xaime desperately needed stacks and barely got one decent support wave.

So from my perspective I can tell that a great lack of leadership is what lead to Norse' failings. Sorry if this seems like beating a dead horse, but I find it interesting to hear both sides of the story since we didnt talk during the war.

DeletedUser96097

Interesting to hear your side. I can respect people who are civil and reasonable, even if they disagree with me. I might add that, aside from what you just posted, 99% of what you guys have posted may be categorized as flaming, taunting, and overall just kind of rude. When people are just trying to get a negative reaction out of the other side, then it is to me problematic, since there is no good intention involved. Actual curiosity is respectable, and people who inquire in such a way and have a certain authenticity to them have no parallel. Skills within the game may easily be taught, whereas someone's character cannot.

I think that @Night is indeed a better tribe than most people gave it credit for, which as I have said before I believe contributed to your victory (well, not quite yet). Remember though, it is just a game and at the end of the day we are all people here who, even if defeated, deserve at least a little bit of decency.

DeletedUser115571

Remember though, it is just a game and at the end of the day we are all people here who, even if defeated, deserve at least a little bit of decency.

Do you relly think so? How did you treat 333 players while defeating them. Did you guys show them any decency or did you rub it in their faces as much as you could?

Its called Karma.

DeletedUser96097

Do I deny merging with EZPZ? I was never part of Norse, honestly. I don't know why everyone seems to think I was, or am.

EDIT: I feel the need to add this because you are either trolling or are a huge hypocrite. Does that not mean that at some point in the future, should karma be responsible, that you too will be defeated and have your face rubbed in it? What exactly is the logic of your post?

DeletedUser115571

EDIT: I feel the need to add this because you are either trolling or are a huge hypocrite. Does that not mean that at some point in the future, should karma be responsible, that you too will be defeated and have your face rubbed in it? What exactly is the logic of your post?

I love how you play the victim. It give me the giggles every time. On our road from rimtribe to endgame we held a low profile on external. We never had PNP against weaker tribes, we simply at it as it was nessasray to do so to get where we are today.

Norse on the other hand while praying on the weak boosted about it every change they got. They had no discipline on the external what so ever rubbing every missted snipe, dead nuke in the other tribes's faces. I would clearly state that many Norsethughs' where bullies on the external.

Now that our dear Norse didnt complete the world as everyone expected them to, and ofcourse by the way they tagtailed and run when their tactics failed they themselves find them being mocked on external. In a essense you can say that the bully is now being bullied. Hence the Karma. What make it amusing is how the bullies then try to carry the mantle of a victim, something a bully never will be recognised at. You can cry all you like, but the bullies form the past will here their names mocked here again and again until the forum is shut for good.

That said, Noone of the quite players that never did anything but played the game are being mentioned here. The are being saluted in the quite for their efforts.

So a second way to explain karma for you is goes around comes around.

When it comes to me? It is very possible that norse will make a comeback, bite me in the ass and mock the living crap out of me, but since I am a true believer in the true Gods it is more likely I will share a bear with Thor in Valhalla.

DeletedUser115680

In the north odkipperoo and xaime did not fight back, they only sniped and stacked the incomings which is no way to win a fight. Two nerds, kalvinc, and power ranger white did coordinate on power ranger pink however this was an obvious move that we in @night predicted so power ranger pink was HEAVILY stacked and topped up again and again after each of their ops... so this costed Norse a lot of time while we continued eating xaime/odkipperoo.

Yeah I had like 2.3 million spears, 1.8 million swords and 1 million HC + pinks own troops to play with :lol: