In memoriam: Norse

DeletedUser99544

It seems I am speaking to non-native English speakers who cannot understand the difference between denotation and connotation. If you really want to say you have defeated me, even though you've never launched an attack on me, then by all means knock yourselves out.

Now we start to mark words lol. But since yo do that. lets mark your own words. I didnt say I defeaded you. I said you are defeaded. And as someone else is fullfilling the criteria of victory you are by all means defeated. but if you want to claim none defeat without even being remotely in a position of winning. Go ahead. Knock yourself out.

DeletedUser96097

Maybe it is a matter of opinion (on both your end and my own) but I do not believe it is so binary in this way. Certainly I can see the logic in what you are saying; clearly I have not won, and you are just about victorious. But I earnestly think that to be truly defeated one must either give up or be destroyed, and that there is indeed some middle ground. We may choose to agree to disagree.

blckdrgn1

Maybe it is a matter of opinion (on both your end and my own) but I do not believe it is so binary in this way. Certainly I can see the logic in what you are saying; clearly I have not won, and you are just about victorious. But I earnestly think that to be truly defeated one must either give up or be destroyed, and that there is indeed some middle ground. We may choose to agree to disagree.

The meaning of words are not a matter of opinion lol words have definitions for a reason.

If you have not given up on trying to get the secrets then good for you, best of luck taking them from us. If you aren't going to bother trying then you have given up and are defeated by your own flawed definition.

DeletedUser96097

And yet so many words are ambiguous in their meaning. Many words have multiple definitions. And also, as any educated English speaker or native English speaker knows in these contexts, the definition of a word in the literal sense often differs from its connotation. If you cannot understand nuances I cannot help you.

blckdrgn1

And yet so many words are ambiguous in their meaning. Many words have multiple definitions. And also, as any educated English speaker or native English speaker knows in these contexts, the definition of a word in the literal sense often differs from its connotation. If you cannot understand nuances I cannot help you.

it sounds like you are having a hard time understanding the English language, which is not my problem.

As you were told before unless you get all 20 secrets you are being defeated in this game. It's pretty plain and simple for everyone to understand except you and I think I've done my fair share of community service by trying to help you understand so I'll leave your journey of understanding this concept to you. Good luck!

DeletedUser96097

But whatever you say blckdrgn, if you are so stubborn that the only way to get you to be quiet is to say that you are absolutely and undeniably correct then I will say so since this is soo pointless lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

monstaz2

You realize you're trying to debate on words when they're trying to actually discuss the world right? When you're defense is that people are using a word wrong then you've already lost your arguement.

DeletedUser99544

Dear Skynub,

My english is imperfect. I am not a native speaker and I never will be. Does that mean that I have a lesser understanding on what is going on on W75 or what you are trying to accomplish with your somewhat rasist remarks .

In any sport or game there are always two winners.
1st, there is the person or the team who actually won.
2nd. This is where you and Norse belong. You would have been the acual winners if not IF had stood in the way. Norse would have won
IF not inactivity hit them
IF not leadership failed them
IF not IRL hit them etc etch. They have now accepted defeat and I will not drag them down any further as I know they are all good people and I am sure I will be happy to play both with and against them again in the future.

Then there is players like you with the most flawed logic avaiable. You have a totally insignificant account and have not made much on this world. still claiming that you are not defeated. You sounds a little little a a football player not good enough to actually join the team so you have to sit on the bench. Where your team lose the finals you refuse to accept defeat because you were not beat. You on the bench were not beat.

Or if that metaphore was to hard to comprehend, you are like a local amateur boxer. When the new heavyweight chamion is celebrated you refuse to accept it because he has not beaten you. You might still have to go 2500 matches to even get to the same arena as him but you still dont except your place since you are not defeated.

But by all means. you are free to sit there and claim nondefeat as much as you like. You can even pick on my spelling or gramma here. Or why not look in a dictionary and write som obscure passage that I will have to use google translate to understand. Please do.

Because it wont change a thing. facts is a facts.

You failed on w75
You are friends with Norse or Norseplayers and you hate that they lost out.
You will keep redicule yourself here as long as there is anyone replying.

Thats fine with me, as it will take away focus from what really matters, and that is that you will never get to our levels (Sorry Anton, stole you phrase ;) )

DeletedUser96097

Whoaaaaa. Racist remarks? Really? I may have some negative qualities but racism certainly is not one of them. I promise you that my intention was not based on this.

For the sake of this next paragraph, I will humour you all and simply go along with the statement that I have been defeated entirely, and that there is nothing left for me on this world. I am actually not friends with most of Norse and have quite a rocky relation with a few of them. I don't hate that they lost at all. I don't even care that I lost. What I care about is how you are flaming Norse mercilessly even though many of them had legitimate real-life situations that certainly take precedence over TW. Indeed, I am not sure I have seen a tribe's leadership flame so openly on any world before. This is not what boggles my mind, however. What I really can't wrap my head around is how you guys are doing this under the pretense of JUSTICE for the "flaming" (they did to a much lesser degree than I see from you guys) Norse did to 333.

The fact that you think I have a completely insignificant account is hilarious to me, and just shows how you know nothing about me. I would refrain from making judgements on those you don't know. Whatever metaphors you can create, I can create ones which counter it. But that will get us nowhere.

If you really think that the root of this argument is words, monstaz2, then I am at a loss concerning what you have been reading in the past few pages.

DeletedUser99544

I don't even care that I lost.

The fact that you think I have a completely insignificant account is hilarious to me,

Finally you accept defeat. becasue the first sentence there no doubt have the same meaning as defeat

In regards to your account. There is not one single account on w75 that has enough power to change the outcome of this world. Hence every account outside of @Night are totally insignificant in its own right.

If you want to contest that, by all means, challenge me ingame.

And in regards to flaming. There were players in 333 aswell who had real life issues. One even had a heartatack. That did not slow any flame from Norse. And to be honest. I think most Norseplayer dont really care about this flame, becasue they are like me. once you left there world you dont ever look back. You move on. All we are left with now is your snorty attitude towards players not having english as a native tounge. This is NOT an english server. This is an international server that is suppose to bring all servers together as one. So picking on comprehension of the english language, is way below the belt, and borderline breaking the forumrules (which is probably the reason for you denying it to be your intention.).

I do feel sorry for you that you did not master any position in this world to even begin to decide its fate, and perhaps it is pathetic to mock the losers in this game on an external forum, but nothing is more patethic than come on to a game's forum for international players and start mocking someone for His/her understanding of the english language. That if anything show how lost you are. If you are so proud of your english why not play a game where you can excel in just that, becasue from what you have shown on w75 Your gamingskills didnt add up to much No matter WHAT account you sit on.

DeletedUser113867

Finally you accept defeat. becasue the first sentence there no doubt have the same meaning as defeat

Still haven't defeated me though, everyone knows i live on the forums and play tw on the side. Until you defeat my forum account you can't be accepted as winners.

@Night stil can't troll right, stop the madness.

DeletedUser99544

Still haven't defeated me though, everyone knows i live on the forums and play tw on the side. Until you defeat my forum account you can't be accepted as winners.

@Night stil can't troll right, stop the madness.

Its my pleasure to hand you the Victory on Forum. Congratulations!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

monstaz2

I wrote up a Sexy homage but it didn't post because of computer problems.

DeletedUser113867

I wrote up a Sexy homage but it didn't post because of computer problems.

Ah, shame but all cool brah. You can just redo it later. Just keep it short and sweet. Though remember, don't be too kind as we in Sex don't have the tribe space for either you or Tampara, reasons you know why...

DeletedUser99544

I felt compelled to post this

Norse was not a bad tribe. It's a shame it had to go this way but none of us felt like dragging it on for months just to prove some point.

Jeff,
Coplayed by a Horse.

I laughted so hard when reading this.

I am not sure what you want to say with this. I assume you mean Norse was not a bad tribe while they were on top of the world. Norse was a good tribe while not properly challanged. Once challenged you caved in without a figth. Does that mean you are not bad because you predicted the outcome and dropped out before losing all villages in a fight. Does that make Norse a good tribe?

If so. I guess the winners are the once that restart as soon as they are under attacker from a superiour player/tribe. And if all then would be like Norse then we would not have to fight a single battle, Everyone would cave in before it came to that. Perhaps you should make a guide in this regards. Would be a shame to have noobish tribes actually fighting one another.

DeletedUser112009

Norse didn't just randomly decide to give up upon Night declaring, was gradual and due to the many many crappy things that happened to it through the course of the war, as you're aware we were actually winning for a while so saying we delete at the first sign of a challenge is ludicrous, everyone knew the fight was coming, issue was more and more people got bored or majically busy all of a sudden and so lacked participation as anyone can tell. What is Skynub's IGN? I can give an unbiased opinion as to how insignificant they are? :D

It's always gonna be the most active tribe that wins a war, not the biggest or even the one with the better players fairly often.

If you're ridiculously active but have next to no skill you can achieve plenty, if you're madly skilled but never log in, well I don't have to tell you you'll achieve nothing :p

DeletedUser115571

Exquisitetomatoe (or Oblivitus),

I agree to very much of what you say. Being a Duke, keeping a tribe active is the single most challenging task. TW is not run in the course of a day, it is often run over the cause of years (this world became very short) and accounts need new owners or coplayers all the time, and you have to know when to let go of an account--that is internal and take in a new account from outside. I also agree with in in regards to skill. The fact is, TW is not what it once was when skill really mattered. Techical skills that is. Everyone can do a t train today. You have tools calculating backtiming ( not like when you sat with a paper and pen (doh) ) You have even removed much of the the consuming parts of making an OP as you have tools doing that for you, What once took hours of dedication and concentration is now done withing minutes. The same with sniping. So to get back on track. Those skills matter much less now than in the past. Therefore I very seldom judge a new player on past experience because my motto is. a player is never better than his present dedication to the game. I have so often been disappointed in players with a great resume. More often than not they end being great when they are in good positions, but if their account struggle they are happy to let go of the account and just jump to the next world. I therefore rather rat a players greatness from activity than previous knowhow. A skill can be tought but activity have to come from within. That is why i greatly value players like Anton. (GOML). He loves incoming. and simply wont give in (as you probably noticed from the pink account he sat for a long time).

Only thing I disagree with is that you were ever winning. I assume that you are refering to when you nobled the Polak account. It was, however, a conscious decision form us to let that account go as it would be too costly to protect. So from our side it was written off as such even before the war started. So the way I saw it, we had a stalemate for a couple of months and then Norse blinked first.

Your account though have done great for a very long time. Definately an account I have come to respect. Very few mistakes (not counting present activities as it is not realla a "game" anymore. You are probably just protecting your pole position in ODA.

DeletedUser112009

The jig is up?! :O

For starters Norse were winning, at least definitely in stats and PnP flaming for a long time, speaking personally I'd been nobling 333 and then @Night pretty constantly since 333 declared until everyone began quitting; when you opped PRW, I out capped your OP alone (3-2 if I remember correctly, hardly impressive by either side though), hence I take little credit in that, as I'm sure anyone with some sense is aware my front to @Night was always a pretty soft one, speaking of the bulk of my villages in K55 that lead me to take dominance of the K with the majority of villages being war caps...

Thanks for surprisingly enough being one of the first Night players to be reasonably friendly. I'm sure you're aware I'm only having a bit of fun now anyways, and after all, now Norse has lost in some ways that makes my life more fun on world 75, not that I spend as much time there.

FYI tho, not everyone can even send a T-Train, or learn from past mistakes, including some @Night players, but as I've also indicated, at this point, it really doesn't matter.

And yes, my challenge still stands for you to take #1 before the clock strikes 0, with or without clearing out my account as a perquisite for doing so.

Surprised I'm lasting so well, but what's the rush eh? :icon_smile:

DeletedUser115571

The jig is up?! :O

For starters Norse were winning, at least definitely in stats and PnP flaming for a long time, speaking personally I'd been nobling 333 and then @Night pretty constantly since 333 declared until everyone began quitting; when you opped PRW, I out capped your OP alone (3-2 if I remember correctly, hardly impressive by either side though), hence I take little credit in that, as I'm sure anyone with some sense is aware my front to @Night was always a pretty soft one, speaking of the bulk of my villages in K55 that lead me to take dominance of the K with the majority of villages being war caps...

Thanks for surprisingly enough being one of the first Night players to be reasonably friendly. I'm sure you're aware I'm only having a bit of fun now anyways, and after all, now Norse has lost in some ways that makes my life more fun on world 75, not that I spend as much time there.

FYI tho, not everyone can even send a T-Train, or learn from past mistakes, including some @Night players, but as I've also indicated, at this point, it really doesn't matter.

And yes, my challenge still stands for you to take #1 before the clock strikes 0, with or without clearing out my account as a perquisite for doing so.

Surprised I'm lasting so well, but what's the rush eh? :icon_smile:

it is no rush as I told you ingame. We can reset the timer anytime we want to.

I have also informed you that my archievment in this world has been to lead a tribe to victory not not win ODA. I Also enjoy having top ODa but in this world I had to play different. and in regards to MY OPS. The only CAP op i had on a Norse player was on olly. My Ops on YOU, PRW and Kalvinc never had time to go to that. I simplly had catting ops to slow you down and give your neigbhours some relief. I Was going to make a CAP OP on calvinc and send about half the nukes for it when i noticed he was inactive. so i capped 15 villages before the op landed. but i dont count that since he had hit delete.

I problaby took some odd villages during my earlier cat ops, but that was not intentional per sig. Only intention was to make as much damage as possible with the cats. I archieved that goal in the way I assessed it. If you feel that it was a failure due to small amounts of caps that is cool. but if you do look at the timeframe of those OPs and my caps. you will see that i compensated my loss of nukes with some internals and some barbs. So i did not even have nobles in the OP region.. At most I had 28 nobles in this world. must of the time I had ten or less though.

and yes, you were winning pnp flaming for a long time because my guys were not allowed to go on external and flame. Some did anyone what our policiy was to fight ingame not on external. and in terms of the stats I dont deny you were taking more caps as long as we had the polak account. but as said, we wrote it off as a loss very early and didnt think more about. it.