In search of a tool to calculate population used?

DeletedUser

The title more or less says it:

I'm looking for a tool that can calculate the amount of villagers/population that a certain building setup uses. I need to figure out how many farm levels my target needs in order to be able to train troops again.

DeletedUser

help -> buidings

just cat the farm down to 1. Anything less than 15 or so is cheap enough to rebuild if you're worried about what happens when you noble it. If you always keep the farm 1-2 levels below what they need you have to keep a close eye on them so that they don't build 3 buildings before you send more cats. (which is quite easy.)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

That's not exactly it... I know how the help file works.

What I want is a tool where I can input the building lvls of my target:

Village Headquarters (Level 1)
Barracks (Level 15)
Stable (Level 10)
Workshop (Level 1)
Smithy (Level 15)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 12)
Timber camp (Level 25)
Clay pit (Level 25)
Iron mine (Level 19)
Farm (Level 1)
Warehouse (Level 19)
Hiding place (Level 2)

So I can figure out how many villagers his buildings use in total (I don't feel like looking up every building in the help file since I know a tool like this exists :S ) - then I'll look in the help file to see what lvl farm he needs to rebuild to. Then I make sure he doesn't reach that lvl.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

twplus.org used to have it, but I don't think their site is even running anymore.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

You could probably manage this with an excel spreadsheet... but I wouldnt know how.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

But once you've done that, its all set up to use with any kind of village model you want to analyse.

Upvote 0

Iceknave

I've made such an Excel Worksheet to figure out how to build my villages, which I suppose could be used to do the calculations you want. It's setup for the old style worlds (like World 8 though) and the world speed setting hasn't been completed (only affects the resource display option, but other than that, it should work fine). Downside, is that it uses macros...

I don't play the new style worlds (with archers/paladins), so I don't know if they are things that need to be changed for it to work with the new style worlds.

I'll post a screenshot of my village planner, along with linking a googledocument with all the values you'll need to make such a spreadsheet if you want to make in on your own (Old style only).

Village Planner Screenshot 1
Village Planner Screenshot 2

Google Document Data File

All the data used is gathered from the help files and/or server information (for world speeds) and then entered into Excel.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

for new worlds you have to add in the statue (if it exists) and that's about it in terms of changes. (No lvl 2-3 academy, but that doesn't change anything really.)

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I've made such an Excel Worksheet to figure out how to build my villages, which I suppose could be used to do the calculations you want. It's setup for the old style worlds (like World 8 though) and the world speed setting hasn't been completed (only affects the resource display option, but other than that, it should work fine). Downside, is that it uses macros...

I don't play the new style worlds (with archers/paladins), so I don't know if they are things that need to be changed for it to work with the new style worlds.

I'll post a screenshot of my village planner, along with linking a googledocument with all the values you'll need to make such a spreadsheet if you want to make in on your own (Old style only).

Village Planner Screenshot 1
Village Planner Screenshot 2

Google Document Data File

All the data used is gathered from the help files and/or server information (for world speeds) and then entered into Excel.

I have read this and you have what I am looking for, I know a little about excel vba and macros, but I am having truoble making this work, is it possible for you to post part of the code used to make the changes based on building level? or even possibly post a link to a copy of your file that I can use as a guide, I am tring to make on for worlds 24, 30, 32, and 34 :)

Of if anything send me the file privately or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Bliksem

Reaction score
Hello!

I am busy adding a report repository into the tool:

http://www.bliksempie.net/tribalwars/reportmap/report_search

Currently, there is no (public) way to add reports, as I am still in testing mode and am awaiting TW Mods to grant me access to external authentication, but I should have that shortly after some more testing. If you guys would please test as well, because I think a tool like this will help a lot in strategizing attacks tribe (or even alliance) wide.

WHAT IT DOES:

1. People post reports (for now - I post reports until external auth is in place)
2. System files the reports in chronological order
3. Latest known state is the top report, thus showing what we last knew about the village that was attacked.

You can search for the following village co-ordinates to test the system:

81|294
134|323

Any comments, please add me on Skype: folklore1975.

:D

Upvote 0

Bliksem

Reaction score
The tool now has report posting capabilities, and has a lot more report types. Please note, however, that until the external auth is in place, reports are public, so be careful to post very strategic reports.

Bliksem

Upvote 0