In which CBTF announces it won't feed the crocodile.

• Thread starter DeletedUser73174
  • Start date

DeletedUser73174

Hail All,

“We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.” Benjamin Franklin

“CBTF - I suggest they choose their allies very carefully.” the pink panther

“What is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terrors, victory, however long and hard the road may be. For without victory, there is no survival.” Winston Churchill

I have the honour of announcing that CBTF is hereby declaring war on THE. We do this in support of our allies in EreVos, with whom we reached understanding after a long war. We also do this in support of our newest members – the best players from the former, unlamented Kraken, which we destroyed after its leadership du jour attempted to betray us. And of course, first and foremost we do this in the protection of our own interests. We expect that just as our size and strength increased throughout the two wars mentioned above, against tribes more central on W30 than ourselves, this upcoming war is the best path now for our growth and development.

The question of whether to go to war came down to one issue: is there reason to think that THE would enter into stable, long-term diplomacy with us on a fair footing? Or, would they keep us in a holding pattern until EreVos was gone, then attempt to destroy us also? The answer was not hard to arrive at. THE have never shown any particular interest in CBTF before the last few days. Nor have they had more than occasional interaction with us – though it must be said that those few interactions have usually been friendly enough. Twice, THE has flatly rejected our offers of diplomacy. After our war plans were set in motion, THE’s leadership finally dictated terms to us of a supposed NAP agreement. This, however, was only the trimming on the angry and self-pitying letter that JPohlman and AK_iceman have several times now alluded to in this forum as the pinnacle of friendly diplomacy. JP threatened to withdraw the offer, such as it was, publish our dastardly crimes on PnP - oh, the horror! - and oh yes by the way to take us out next unless we carried out a host of other conditions. These ranged from kicking our new members to telling THE who had sent the invitations so that they could spank him. (It was concrete, by the way, although RenegadeRecon also claims the honour of accepting the challenge as they made the decision together.)

THE, along with their ally and friend BD, want to conquer the world. Well, who doesn’t? It is clear to us that pretty words and promises aside, they plan to do this by first taking the western rim piece by piece, warring against less and less central tribes as they have in the past. They plan that this will happen not together with CBTF but over the top of us. We, for our part, do not intend to wait for that to happen. Therefore, we have made common cause with our former enemies from both Kraken and EreVos, who are also strong warriors. We are ready for war, and we intend to win. May the fighting be bloody!

Truly,
Vilthuril
for the CBTF High Council

p.s. On a personal note, I must extend my condolences to JPohlman for the terrible luck he has in picking times for declarations and offers. Kraken declared war on us, JPohlman has assured everyone, just as he was a few hours from declaring war on them and despite the armadas of THE troops crossing the Kraken border at that moment. Wonder how they missed seeing those? (Though considering the quality of the Kraken leadership, maybe they did!) Then, as he was mere moments from sending us his NAP terms, we broke his heart and ruined all his loving efforts by bringing our former enemies into our own tribe.

p.p.s. It is a little known fact but I am a prophet, and I forsee that someone is soon going to accuse us of being a family tribe. Know in advance, that doesn’t bother any of us! I for one started at the bottom of CBTF-D back in the day, and I’m not the only good thing that has come out of the academy. Further, the CBTF banner has always advanced primarily by war and conquest, but also by recruitment of the best members from other tribes around us, who realize a good thing when they see it.

And finally, since I have complained about others not including such in the past, a representative picture for your enjoyment and elucidation:

g6857_u3848_Sir_Winston_Churchill.jpg

DeletedUser

I could say a lot of things about this declaration, about your tribe, about it's leaders... But I won't.

Instead, I'll wish you and your tribe good luck, because you'll surely need it. We're fully equipped to handle both CBTF and EreVos (both top 10 tribes) at the same time. I'm sure you feel all heroic declaring war on the tribe currently ranked 1st in the world, so savor it while it lasts.

We will not be disbanding, and nobody from this tribe will be joining you. I'm actually curious to see what will happen when you don't recruit your enemies in order to win...

Sorry, guess I couldn't help myself, had to post a little bit. :)

Edit: This pic is dedicated to THE's internal theme of this war, Terminator. It also comes from the nickname we gave Jubal awhile back. :p

25fkmjp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser92

I love writing these things while getting paid - I'm at work, after all!

So, yo, I could say a lot about how CBTF keeps recruiting our food, but really, well, the title of this very thread explains it all. Its just got a typo in it.

Corrections said:
"In which CBTF announces it is feeding the crocodile."

Look, I mean, I'm pretty sure that all of the guys CBTF recruited are still the guys we were beating up. Better comms, better leaders; well, maybe better leaders? I dunno. I recall when CBTF wanted to be our academy tribe. That sorta set us off at the start, but then again what more could I really expect? Hammer reached into my mind and stole my idea of using poetry in a declaration, so that's out. I guess I could go with one-liners?

"Hey, CBTF, we're gonna drop a block on your---" okay, that's not even funny.

It all boils down to this: CBTF is where it is today because we were there. We signed an agreement with EreVos, and as part of that agreement they had to drop their war with CBTF. We're the reason they escaped that alive. Kraken attacked CBTF at about the same time we were gonna attack them - naturally, Kraken's players in the area ran away and joined CBTF, inflating its point total and giving it territorial control. They could fight okay, but when push came to shove CBTF preferred merging over nobling.

We could all throw around pithy quotes that explain which side is right and which will win. There's no point. I could go "above the head" and say a quote about quotes, in fact, but that's still a quote. I guess I'll just leave it at this:

"Recruit our food, become our food."

DeletedUser

JP would have wrote your declaration for you ya know :)

As it is, I was sadly unfulfilled.

Good job destroying kraken by the way ;)

DeletedUser

I find the Benjamin Franklin quote to be very appropriate, however. Bear in mind that if they all hang together then it happens much faster. :)

DeletedUser73174

I'll give you one more quote before I am quiet for a while. This time, from Abraham Lincoln, a man who was very willing to spill blood - both of his own troops and the enemy:

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"

There is more than one way to destroy an enemy. We choose to use several of them.

--V

DeletedUser

/Signed

History repeats itselfs.

Kraken declares on cbtf... THE declares on Kraken
THE declares on Erevos.. CBTF declares on THE.

Only difference, Kraken backstabbed their allies
CBTF is helping their allies.

And look it's a game, a strategic war game.
I'm hoping for a clean fight

DeletedUser

Exciting!! :D .. Is beyond going to step up ?

Or what about the rest of the " Family " Tribes!

This is sooooo popcorn watchable battle! :D

Deleted User - 2282801

Personally I will wish good luck to both sides ... especially the side not called THE lmao :icon_wink:

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, well well....

Personally i am thoroughly impressed. Not gonna lie. Hats off to CBTF.

Unfortunately, just cause im impressed does not mean they will win. We will have to see some serious co-ops in the next few days, (as you did JUST declare) and we will have to see what happens from THE's camp as well.

have they been holding back waiting for such as this?? Was this all a calculated script??

I guess we will wait and see. THE, while i have no reason to be against you... i cannot help but side with the underdogs right off.. Their pnp over the coming weeks may sway my opinion one way or another, (its all in how they carry themselves from here) but i understand your pros and this is business as usual. MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

i hope its a good war, good luck to both sides. This makes the fourth or fifth declaration in the last two weeks or so??? Congrats!!!! World 30 has just about everyone involved in something... :icon_cool:

DeletedUser22924

hehe my ol'e tribe is warring THE, can't say i didn't see this coming.

I like that fact that CBTF declared and Not THE.

well good luck to both sides, but i will side with my old tribe.:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Well before you tell something it could be good to watch twstats before you say " we were beating those guys up"

Side 1:
Tribes: THE
Players:
Side 2:
Tribes:
Players: miked26339 sanchez3827 3aZoOoOZ m0sti MikzmYk
Timeframe: Forever
Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 1
Side 2: 17
Difference: 16

Anyways it's only a tought we would be rimmed without your involvement.
I already explaind why kraken couldnt bust a nut, in another topic.

Let this be our first big challenge.

DeletedUser

why this is most certainly an interesting turn of events. Whilst war was all but inevitable after the mass recruiting of late ... CBTF declaring first in a more then decent fashion earns them props in my books.

I hope both sides have fun in this war, i know THE will ...and i trust CBTF will too. I'm rooting for THE off course, what are allies for after all. To bad: i liked CBTF, but i guess i'll see you all in the next world ;)

DeletedUser

my post from another thread about your 5 recruits

I'm very upset with this latest cbtf's merging. We were nobling K23 for about 3 months, and you just merged entire continent in a day.

When the war started, we said we won't recruit anyone from K23. We stood to that and it would be fair if you've done the same. About those 19 recruits, personally, I'm fine with 14, they haven't unbalanced K23 much. But that trhird wave was shamefull. You litterally merged half of K23.

Let's take a look at your newest recruits:

miked's conquers 90% internal noblings

3aZoOoOZ's conquers like 99% internals

sanchy's conquers 99% internals

mikzy's even worse

and mosti's internals and some cbtf

yeah, cream of the crop you recruited....

And just for fun, let's compare them with their THE neighbors:

aco.mne's conquers 90% enemy conquers, literally 0 internal noblings

puiupuiu's conquers 90% enemy conquers, literally 0 internal noblings

DeletedUser

Just to let you know CBTF, no THE players will be merging with you.
how do you plan to win the war now?

You're previous method of recruiting everyone in sight won't be working this time...:icon_surprised:

tangotemptress

Just to let you know CBTF, no THE players will be merging with you.
how do you plan to win the war now?

You're previous method of recruiting everyone in sight won't be working this time...:icon_surprised:

Not entirely true....

We will be merging...

...their villages will be merging into ours as our nobles arrive and convert them to our own :icon_wink: :lol:

DeletedUser

I'll give you one more quote before I am quiet for a while. This time, from Abraham Lincoln, a man who was very willing to spill blood - both of his own troops and the enemy:

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"

There is more than one way to destroy an enemy. We choose to use several of them.

--V

Ok, so now you're up against a tribe in which those previous strategies will not work. You can't recruit us, your allies are already fighting us (and losing) so they can't be dragged in to help you... the only way to win here is to noble us to death, and for that you have no prior experience.

THE however, does. We went from having 0 vills in K23 to now having 327 vills, all of which were nobled from an enemy player. None of those vills were recruited.

Also, it's ironic that you'd quote Abe Lincoln, as he was one of us. A terminator.

2lxuptg.jpg

DeletedUser

Ok, so now you're up against a tribe in which those previous strategies will not work. You can't recruit us, your allies are already fighting us (and losing) so they can't be dragged in to help you... the only way to win here is to noble us to death, and for that you have no prior experience.

THE however, does. We went from having 0 vills in K23 to now having 327 vills, all of which were nobled from an enemy player. None of those vills were recruited.

Also, it's ironic that you'd quote Abe Lincoln, as he was one of us. A terminator.

2lxuptg.jpg

Good luck to both of us! All I can really say is what fun is a war game without testing your limits? If this is truely the demise of CBTF in which so many like to put it, at least we played the game for whats it's worth. However I'm pretty confident in our members abilities and there abilities to war, consdiering it's just been one war after the other with our tribe.

Much respect for THE and it's players in this world they have worked hard to get where they at . Like I said in another post tho, please stop making it out like you were CBTF's saviours and it's the only reason we are around is because of you when it's not..

We held our ground with EreVos which had nothing to do with THE @ yes Kraken our former allies declared on us.. But it doesn't take a rocket scientest to tell you that Kraken never had the leadership abilities to pull off there war with us in the first place.

@ Sorry I gotta flame just this one thing.. Skynet.. C'mon guys skynet was a failure and the machines seem to be losing to the humans after many attempts at trying to kill them. Just saying why use skyket the epic failure of the terminators for this? I'm sure anyone here that has seen the movies knows that skynet always fails ^^.

DeletedUser

very well written declaration, and the best of luck CBTF, nice to see someone else has come across THE's diplomacy normally a stalling tactic....

i think THE will get a bit of a shock this time , unlike bd are against us :icon_rolleyes:

edit, just read renegades response sky net lol 11.07.09 is apparently the day Erevos gets terminated ..... bring it

Deleted User - 2282801

Where did the whole Terminator themed responses come from anyway??

The Terminators always lost (apart from when Arnie saved the boy in number 3 :lol:), Skynet was always beaten and some bloke called John won the day .... oh hang on ...... is JhPolman's real name John? :icon_wink: