Inactivity - Curious Thing

DeletedUser

Tonight I was going through my 103 pages of e-mails and I started deleting lots of old stuff.

At the beginning I was just laughing at the amount of blank receivers (which means the player quit) but then around page 63 I decided to take 1 or 2 screen shots.

2u9pmo3.jpg

And another one from a few days after.

jpuee8.jpg

And I have more but I just don't feel like taking a screen shot from 3 in 3 pages.

Also an interesting talk with the side note of the beginning of the game:

[08-10-2009 22:51:46] Gaspar: i know
[08-10-2009 22:51:50] Gaspar: that happens a lot
[08-10-2009 22:52:01] Gammlen: see W28 for instance
[08-10-2009 22:52:14] Gaspar: mostly those who stay in 1st place during the first weeks
[08-10-2009 22:52:16] Gammlen: all the "elite" tribes jumped ships like ASAP when W29/30 arrived

W28 started as a promising world since you could actually vote on the settings you wanted, but when Inno Games decided their way on having this crap settings (speed) etc that made many people jump from world to the following.

Like I've stated w28 is probably one of the worlds were inactivity has stroke so hard.

Just a curious thing.
Gaspar.

Edit: I just noticed the title if Kdeb could fix it to "Inactivity" I'd be thankful. Typo mistake.

DeletedUser62440

Yah, this is my first world where I got anywhere and inactivity is massive lol

DeletedUser70389

tiaco you must have had a lot of friends who quit lol

DeletedUser

tiaco, gamm's convo with you on skype is true for almost all the worlds. Elite's join, 1 month later Elites leave.

Tbh i played this world on my own account for exactly 1 week, got bored of the speed and left, but came back another month later.

and about the mails, i never keep over 3-4 pages of mails unless i am leading a tribe, in which case i put them into groups :p :)

DeletedUser

tiaco you must have had a lot of friends who quit lol

Yes, not only in PHO, some were actually in the northern tribes.

:)

tiaco, gamm's convo with you on skype is true for almost all the worlds. Elite's join, 1 month later Elites leave.

Tbh i played this world on my own account for exactly 1 week, got bored of the speed and left, but came back another month later.

and about the mails, i never keep over 3-4 pages of mails unless i am leading a tribe, in which case i put them into groups :p :)

I ended up on w28 on pure luck or at least it wasn't my intention to join even though I voted for the settings.

I also had them in groups but I'm deleting everything. I had a group for each tribe and a group for spam. As a leader you must keep them in order to prove previous points of people that easily forget the past :lol:

But yes most Elite tribes do that when you have paired worlds going out.

DeletedUser

exactly my point of saving messages once a leader ;)

tbh i just pick one world and stick to it every sooo often, sometimes i play 2 big ones and join a smaller one, but atleast 2 of those will be co-played!

DeletedUser70389

I hadnt ever played TW before. I logged on after seeing an advertisement and randomly choose 28. Good thing though i love 28, 19 and 28 are my two favorite worlds i play

DeletedUser

I play 2 worlds max 3.

But I may be getting down to 1 max 2 :)

DeletedUser

Yeah once the new worlds were opened(with a church and all, although i don't understand what churches do. :lol:) a lot of people left. A few nights ago i saw my tribe changes and all on TWstats. I checked the biggest tribe i had been in before i got stuck on the Western Rim. I am the only person out of the 100 people that were in and out of that tribe that is still playing.

DeletedUser70389

so i guess you set up your forum name back then? that explains it lol

DeletedUser62440

Do you have to have a tw account with the forum name you want?

DeletedUser62440

That's my question lol. I know it's random but couldn't find out how to create another forum account

DeletedUser

Yes you do need a tw account in order to create a forum account.

DeletedUser

Yes you do need a tw account in order to create a forum account.

yep, luckily my very old aliases are known one by one by single players that have quit or are now great players and i just talk to from time to time ;)

PS: no one person knows all my alliases, not even my closest tw friends :p

Man this subject went from inactive talk to this :lol:

DeletedUser62440

I know lol. How many accounts have you played? How long lol?

DeletedUser

I know lol. How many accounts have you played? How long lol?

well i started on january 2008, so 1 year and a 8 months. But think about how many worlds, my first world was w8 and then joined w15. Because people saw potential they taught me how to organise my account and how to defend ... Then as i always say, its your imagination and doing what suits you that makes you different and a Good player. From there i joined new worlds, made new friends, more experienced friends (even the best of tw) ... and i started getting offers to play older bigger accounts, learnt how to organise big accounts (500+ vills) and stayed to one main world and got the vills to 450 in my original account then quit. why, because i know i can play bigger since i have played accounts with over 900 vills. After 300 its all the same tbh.

At the start of the world it is who can be more active, then between 2 vills and 50 vills it is skill, after that it is who is more active to take care of their account to grow it. Ofcourse it is how you use your time, but if you have 2 players same skill level, one plays 1 hour the other 5, the 5 hour can do 5 times as much work, thus growing at a bigger rate

what about yourself?

Number: dunno, i have played maybe 5 accounts on one world (at different times ofcourse)

DeletedUser62440

This is my second world. My first (w25), I got up to the stage of nobling (was in a tribe that appointed me as a baron lol) and then I got nobled by a dude I thought was an ally lol. Then I joined w28. I had no help on w25 whereas here I did