Implemented Increase Profile Image file sizes

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Imerell

Can we get profile file sizes increased? just spent ages making a gif to upload only to find its still limited to a couple hundred KB. with servers as they are nowadays that shouldn't be too much to handle/

-Richard

DeletedUser656

Can you give an example of what you're trying to upload?

DeletedUser656

I agree that 200kB is a little low nowadays, but I think you could reduce the image size significantly. The max dimensions of a player CoA are 270x180, and your gif is 500x375. Shrinking it to the max dimension would reduce file size significantly. Then running it through https://ezgif.com/optimize should reduce the file size even more.

Imerell

I did try compressing the gif through Gimp (software i used to make it as well as reducing size) It only brought the file size down to 560 K/b

However if i use exgif alongside reducing size i have to compress too level 200 twice to get it within the size restraints. at that point the text in the gif is becoming unreadable.

This i why I think bumping file size up to 1 M/b allows users a lot more range with custom gifs without having to sacrifice so much resolution