Ingame Names

• Thread starter Bullroarer Took
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I know that almost every forum has this thread, but W20 doesn't, so now it does.

Why did you pick your ingame nickname? What's it's significance?

When my friend (bigAlemos2 for those who remember him) introduced me to TW, he had been reading LotR, so he picked King Dain III, I picked Bullroarer Took (though obviously neither of us have those anymore) because it was a relatively obscure LotR name.

Discuss.

DeletedUser

MrTTom:-

Stands for Mr Tiny Tom.
It was a suggestion when I was making an xbox live account thing.
I always use it :icon_cool:

DeletedUser47445

Mine was rather random. I had used it for a password (and no im not sharing passwords, or even hinting at it for that matter) in a few other places and other games. The name i first tried to use was The_Iceman, but that name was taken. I then tried to use asderf but that was taken as well. Then for some reason i added 200 to the end of the name and it went through.

DeletedUser

Zetre(Zet tre or Z3) i used to play Everquest(7th hammer SK) and wanted something with either x or z in it so just started typin. Now play ravencraft

rbh135

RBH135
is my initials :eek:
and combination of my favorite numbahs ;o

DeletedUser

Dwarveneree

When I came to play TW years back, I wanted a name similar to the theme TW was set at- hence the idea of a medieval dwarf.

The "eree" bit just sounded cooler and made it more dwarf like :p

DeletedUser

Dwarveneree

When I came to play TW years back, I wanted a name similar to the theme TW was set at- hence the idea of a medieval dwarf.

The "eree" bit just sounded cooler and made it more dwarf like :p

I was wondering about your name specifically :p

Eksiljyden

Eksiljyden is Danish...Meaning that I'm Danish as well :icon_razz:

My nick is made up of two words:

Eksil:
Danish for exile.

jyden
A person who comes from Jutland. The part of Denmark that's connected to Germany.

So my nick Eksiljyden means a person who's in exile from Jutland. Which is very true since I don't live in Jutland anymore :icon_wink:

Hence the nick Eksiljyden.

DeletedUser

Eksiljyden is Danish...Meaning that I'm Danish as well :icon_razz:

My nick is made up of two words:

Eksil:
Danish for exile.

jyden
A person who comes from Jutland. The part of Denmark that's connected to Germany.

So my nick Eksiljyden means a person who's in exile from Jutland. Which is very true since I don't live in Jutland anymore :icon_wink:

Hence the nick Eksiljyden.

I always assumed that it was just gibberish :icon_redface:

Yeah, how is it pronounced?

DeletedUser

My name is from the anime The Guyver.

My dad used to rent it for me when i was younger, and it was violet so it explains my maniacal way of doing things. The video store he used to rent the tapes from went ou of business and changed its name like 2523523452 times. So, the very last time they went out of business he bought all of the tapes for me and we had a a barbeque that day :D I was 11, he died the next day after having aids for 17 years.

The name just sort of stuck with me, I use it for a few things.

Eksiljyden

Eksil: [εgˈsiˀl]
jyden: [ˈjyːðə]

[εgˈsiˀl][ˈjyːðə]

There you go. Phonetical prononcation :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

my name is Mohsen
and we pronounce "3" se in our language
Mohsen ----> Moh3n -----> lvloh3n -----it was my previous account and I lost the password----> lvl0h3n

HeftySmurf

I remembered!
I was a Volunteer helper at Gamespy Arcade, i simply used the same name, Nothing special, i just came across the game with a few other friends who i played a game with (Age of Empires 2) lol

So Yeah, joined W6 and the name simply stuck.

DeletedUser

You know there is another Hefty Smurf that hasn't been active in a year. :icon_wink:

My name came from a friend who suggested it. Wanted the medieval thing like Dwarven said so I went with "King". Ziggy came from the song "Ziggy Stardust" by David Bowie which he had been listening too since Guitar Hero had come out with it. "the 2" was chosen just out of pure randomness. :icon_biggrin:

vtsuperboi

My name is from the anime The Guyver.

My dad used to rent it for me when i was younger, and it was violet so it explains my maniacal way of doing things. The video store he used to rent the tapes from went ou of business and changed its name like 2523523452 times. So, the very last time they went out of business he bought all of the tapes for me and we had a a barbeque that day :D I was 11, he died the next day after having aids for 17 years.

The name just sort of stuck with me, I use it for a few things.

Thats a great story!

I just chose mine kinda. :)