Insane Lag in W32??

harlos

Typh, please let this stay for a day!

For the last 2-3 days I have been dealing with insane lag. Like 1.5-3 seconds of lag every time I try to load a page. Now, TW keeps lying to me and telling me my pages are loading in like 32ms, which isn't true. Every other website Ive gone to loads just fine, so Im positive its a TW issue. I asked another Hate. member 2 days ago if they were dealing with it too, and they said no. But then I brought it up to 2 other members last night, and they said they were.

So I figured I'd wait a little longer and then make a post.

So my question:

Is anyone/everyone else dealing with this insane lag or is it just a handful of us?

bite.me

I havent had such problems lately, except yesterday evening, but I assume it was my own connection, since other pages were laggy too. (did not check generation speed though).

Of course, I must say its not around 30ms, more like generated in 103ms :)

DeletedUser

Mine is ok but has indeed strugled on another world a bit.

My sugestion is clear your history and all cookies, or on opera just delete all private data, it should then work back to normal.

ravnscream

village overview : 248ms Server time
mail : 78ms Server time
rally point : 92ms Server time

not even close to 32 ms..

DeletedUser

The only other thing I can think off... but to do it on this scale... I'm not going ot mention it for now but it may be happening if your entire internet slows up.

Basically if your entiore internet is being slow and might disconnect you once or twice I know what is going on but not much you can do about it. Mail me if this is happening.

nakki pappa

well to me it's:

generated in 78ms for overview
generated in 52ms rally point

but i got stuff downloading so that slows stuff down.

DeletedUser

generated in 26ms
generated in 27ms
generated in 27ms

Can we put this in discussion please

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Everything is working fine for me, the generated in MS thing is wrong, but a good representation of most likely 5:1 to the actual load time of the page(If you include images, information that loads after the page actually loads)

generated in 18ms Server time: 15:21:48 28/05/2009
generated in 15ms Server time: 15:22:53 28/05/2009
generated in 20ms Server time: 15:23:07 28/05/2009

harlos

Like I said... IT SAYS 32ms to me, but its taking 1.5-3 seconds.

I don't care what it SAYS, I just care what it DOES

DeletedUser

I had horrible lag for the whole day on monday but I'm fine now!

harlos

1 of the conversations I had, which makes me feel like Im not just crazy...

[5/28/09 12:25:32 AM] Harlos: Has your TW been super laggy lately!?
[5/28/09 12:29:10 AM] AHate.Member: very.
[5/28/09 12:29:14 AM] AHate.Member: It's been pissing me off too.
[5/28/09 12:29:17 AM] Harlos: Good, so it isnt just me
[5/28/09 12:29:22 AM] Harlos: it shows like.. 49ms
[5/28/09 12:29:22 AM] Harlos: 32ms
[5/28/09 12:29:28 AM] Harlos: but its more like 2-3 seconds
[5/28/09 12:29:42 AM] AHate.Member: Out of the last 9 trains, I've had them flip around like 14 times.. One fo them I cancel'd and resent like 6 times lmao.

DeletedUser

I'm the Hate member Harlos was referring to, I've had god awful lag when trying to do different functions for the past 48-72 hours.

I play from both home & work, two different connections, one is high speed cable, the other is a T3 line.

Get lag from both, problems sending trains from both.

It's basically been when they rolled out 5.4 or it seems like to me, but I could be wrong.

harlos

I'm the Hate member Harlos was referring to, I've had god awful lag when trying to do different functions for the past 48-72 hours.

I play from both home & work, two different connections, one is high speed cable, the other is a T3 line.

Get lag from both, problems sending trains from both.

It's basically been when they rolled out 5.4 or it seems like to me, but I could be wrong.

Ohhh ya. I didn't even think about 5.4.

You're dead on. Thats the exact day it started for me...