Interesting Tribal ODs...

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3135
  • Start date

DeletedUser43619

Lol just to let you know that thread about tips on PnP was Amied at you!

I knew you would be too stupid to know that!

First- you have the guts to start a PnP war with one the greats. Than Another great

Second- Your dumber than a stick

Why A list? To prove how Stupid you are!
So stop posting and go hide your hole. Atleast there people will stop flameing you

SAYS you

I already responded on the PnP thread as well :)

You wouldnt really know who I really am :icon_wink:
I would cat down ur hiding place if you ever hid in one :icon_twisted:

Super fast

Lol why build A hiding place when I can fight like a man!

Pally vs Pally gets go =)

Where are you located on the map? Or do you a different Username?

DeletedUser

I've hit 4 (or 5?) spikes already, 3 of which were paladins and one costing me 58 spears. I resorted to spiking myself, and this cost me in the region of 100 spears.

The most competitive farming area i've ever played in, and it sucks.

the pink panther

Aye, I am suprised Blood is happy with a high ODA tribe it simply means you have hit more spikes or are in a competitive area. Not neccessarily that you have a more active farmer on your hands. It's like buying a lion to protect your house. Just because A happens after B doesn't mean A is a result of B.

Deleted User - 3135

Aye, I am suprised Blood is happy with a high ODA tribe it simply means you have hit more spikes or are in a competitive area. Not neccessarily that you have a more active farmer on your hands. It's like buying a lion to protect your house. Just because A happens after B doesn't mean A is a result of B.

I never said I was happy with it, I said it was interesting, everything I post isn't propaganda...

spleen mage

You lost me there matey.

Are you saying I need a lion for my village?

DeletedUser

I've never heard that expression before :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Its shows High Active and it shows that are farming alot. But it does't at all show that these tribes are farming the most

It is still one of the best indicators of who is farming the most. One could also argue that ODA is also not a sign of the aggressiveness of a tribe at any stage, and that it simply indicates the tribes who kill the most troops. Such a person might claim that perhaps some tribes are sooo aggressive that opponent troops simply run from the village for eternity when they see incoming. But, it's highly unlikely. ;)

The calculation of ODA/total score (points) is also an important factor in determining aggression though, as someone I believe pointed out. Larger tribes may have a higher ODA, but it doesn't mean they have been the most aggressive...it only means that they have more troops (though it isn't uncommon for the largest tribe to be the most aggressive as well, obviously).

But, I do agree that OD doesn't really mean much here right now. At this stage of the game, and particularly with such a long BP, one of the best ways to fight your neighbors is to spike abandons. Losses there from other players do not show up in stats, but it does kill opponent troops, no doubt.

:icon_cool:

the pink panther

LOL I may have cut a long story short with the expression LOL. Surely another tribes high ODA shows ood spiking by neighbours?

Deleted User - 3135

LOL I may have cut a long story short with the expression LOL. Surely another tribes high ODA shows ood spiking by neighbours?

But spiking happens everywhere on the world and in large sample sizes of a tribes worth, it means you are generally able to get a good picture of how much a tribe farms.

the pink panther

But spiking happens everywhere on the world and in large sample sizes of a tribes worth, it means you are generally able to get a good picture of how much a tribe farms.

Aye I'm not saying it is not a good indicator. However it is not a true test of how much people are farming (I gather you're not saying it's perfect). My arguement is that I'm happy with having 0 ODA and you can hardly find any evidence of me not farming. :icon_wink:

spleen mage

I think it only happens in the more competitive areas, where players are always trying to get one up on each other :icon_wink: Pointless anyway, considering how ineffective spiking is....

Not been spiked yet at least (though, my farming is sucking at the moment). Still, I <3 :scout:

DeletedUser

I'm still a newb, does being spiked mean you run into village already being farmed by a bunch of troops and therefore - dieing?

spleen mage

I'm still a newb, does being spiked mean you run into village already being farmed by a bunch of troops and therefore - dieing?

It's where people support abandoned villages with their defense, to (hopefully) kill the troops of people trying to farm it.

It's not really advisable in this world though, considering the defence will always be working at half strength (due to no church bonus).

DeletedUser58262

spiking=sending troops as support to a farm to kill any incoming troops, This should grant you the resources of that village at the cost of some soldiers...some consider it worthy of their efforts

the pink panther

it means a barb being supported by another persons troops (or in llod's case his own he's forgotten to take out :icon_wink:). Other troops that attack the same village asyou will not affect your troops?

DeletedUser

Oh, okay; thanks for the prompt answer. :)

I guess I've luckily farmed successfully so far.

DeletedUser

Spiking is pretty bad for the defender on this world (church settings), except there is a bug where some barbs defend as if they were affected by a church.

In any case, I've been pretty lucky so far...running into spikes = slows you down.

DeletedUser

It's coming

Now, don't take me for someone who looks at OD a lot, I'm incredibly critical of OD and people who try to make themselves look better by it. However, I had a quick look at this early stage, and it was quite surprising I have to say, that at this early stage tribal OD creates a picture of which tribes are farming the most and running into spiked villages because of it. Here are the tribal ODs:

Rank Tribe name Defeated
1 =SK= 631
2 ####. 587
3 HAM!!! 491
4 BoS 479
5 BD 414
6 T*F 378

These 6 are the 6 that repeatedly come up on predictions, and where people say, its too early, its too early, you can clearly see here how its not too early, and you can see on average who is most likely to farm the most. These figures are by no means exact, as other areas may be more competitive and I have only 8 OD, and got that right at the start by killing two spear. But they make interesting viewing figures, and also notice that the top three are all in the South West... certainly a competitive area. Interesting certainly... :icon_wink:

HAM!!!
Blood

On my behalf of the predictions, I believe that people are killing there own troops for a better ODA score. Because no one can't attack anyone yet ( Not till beginning protection end). Most players think they have a better avantage in trying to think they're a good player or something. But that doesn't mean nothing on my behalf of the barken :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Every troop counts this early, if people are dumb enough to whore OD points they deserve to fall behind by a mile.