Failed Vote [internal] Ability to make Farm Claims/Flag a village as one you are farming

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Our developers are looking for feedback on the following internal improvement suggestion:

When in a tribe, it is possible to "lock" or claim villages on the map to claim them for nobling. This makes it easier to organise claims in a given area and helps avoid mistakingly claiming a village someone else in your tribe intends to claim. For that same reason, I think it would be beneficial to add Farm claims as well. The purpose of this would be:
  • To avoid having too many members farming the same village, and to help distribute farming among the tribe.
  • A way to conveniently let someone know who in their tribe is farming where, and can be a way to split territory more evenly.
While this can be achieved through discussion, you could argue that as with noble claims, a farm claim would be a nice visual reminder of who is farming what could be helpful in the same way noble claims are helpful.

Please let us know what you think! Note that the result of the comments / votes does not guarantee we will (not) implement this, but we are looking forward to hearing your feedback!

saad749

Reaction score
Terrible idea, claim expiry and other stuff will be a headache,

A much more needed enhancement can be do bind the farm assistant keys to keyboard in web and mobile version, so we dont have to use unnecessary scripts. or may be add a farm all button for convinience. that would increase the farming. currently farming is tooo tedious.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I don't think farm claims is the right thing to add to help distribute farming more evenly - or the thing players want the most in the game right now

So there are a few key things that already make it not worth in the current game. Frankly, Game worlds just have too little to farm, too little barbs per players, which is most important early game. By default it is 1 barb per 5 players. But anyway, what this creates is heavily overfarmed barbs by everyone since there is too few to attack which makes this feature to minmax barb or player farming already quite irrelevant. Pretty sure the devs can log into a game world, look at barbs early game and see how many commands from all players are going towards them. It usually is like 1 farm attack landing on these villages every 1 to 3 minutes. Which makes sense if so many people have to share the same barbs/playerfarms. This Feature would give too little gain for the development cost in my opinion.

Let's say we would have more barbs in the Future so players, especially new players figure out much easier how worth it is to actually build troops and farm barbs around them to gain more ressources. Then a feature like this could be nice. However, You could simply add a light blue axe with a number on it or next to it. This icon already exists in the game
e465e6773916331733f7935252db0bc3.png
. You could add this on the Farm assistant overview where you send out your farming attacks.So you can easily see how many from your tribe and friends are attacking the same village. On top of that you can also add a farm assistant option that gives you a slider on if you wanna farm or skip barbs that already have X amounts of attacks going to them. This feature could greatly distribute farming too many of the same villages. As for Farm claiming itself, No Idea really if it would have a great impact if this was a thing. I am heading towards no. But if it was a thing, make it a nice and easy to see small icon with also a number next to it so you can quickly see how many people from your tribe have currently farm claimed a certain player village. Give Tribe leaders an option to add a limit on how many times a player village can be farm claimed so lets say only 3 players can farm claim a player village at the same time for a set duration.

but then again, prolly too little gain for too much investment at how this game works currently. Rather see new items being added to the game, or actual Troop rebalancing or some entire new features which change up the core elements of the game.

the core issue with farming, especially new players is, that on regular game worlds, the first week of them playing the game, they will see that it is not worth building more troops to farm more, since they already farm nothing. And Yes I am speaking about these amazing 1/80 Resource hauls all of us get the first few days of every new world, They are an awful player experience, I have tackled on this topic already in the thinktank discussion before and how it could get fixed, especially making barb villages be dynamic, as in, making them start at lvl 1 pits, whilst normal player villages still start at 0, aswell as adding a weighting system that makes barb prioritize building up pits more than other buildings.
you could even add a quest to the new questing systems you guys wanna make, This quest would tell you to farm a barb. Now, this quest already exists in the game, but the problem is, if you werent one of the quick players that immediately farmed the next nearby barb a few minutes into world start, you already get one of these amazing 1/80 haul farms. Which makes farming itself not worth , only the quest reward. You could add a system, that on the new barb farm quest, let's say your first plunder will always have full haul, no matter how many current resources the barbarian village has currently. If you have 10 spear, 10 Sword given to you, your first haul will always be 400/400 , which greatly incentives new players into building more troops or farming more.

If this issue gets fixed, then i can see a feature like this being a notably addition to the game.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
While I agree that Rage makes a few great points I think what would help most is a combination of 2 things.

One would be to adjust the barb player ratio. As Rage above pointed out it is currently 5 players to 1 barb. Part of this comes from the generated barbs not generating for the people on the map...spread the player villages out and flesh the map in with barbs.

The other thing i think would help a lot is reducing the point requirement for a players village to be removed from the world instead of turning barb. I know I have decided to crack open players early world since I came back and ran into them restarting and instead of going barb like they used to, their village just dipping..This puts me out of troops to farm/scavenge with based on having had to clear them wasting precious early world resources with 0 gain.

Deleted User - 11549951

i personally don't get the point.

if i was leader of a tribe n these settings were upheld, i wouldn't allow my members to claim farms as this would simply keep your tribe mates from farming a village which potentially, dozens of players could be farming, which ends up in waste due to selfishness, much like the way everyone rushed to buy ridiculous amounts of food which 1 week later went in the rubbish.

More barbs would fix the problem.
I wouldn't recommend a ratio as high as classic.
Its good to find a middle point.

Use your precious beta to trial it out.

Also, why dont you make more players aware of BETA so these noobs coallitions dont win BETA all the time ( the 1 world i played there recently, there was the original team, with 3 academies and another 3 alliances vs 1 tribe, so NO, I am not impressed with the set-up you have created).

Deleted User - 10368546

How about you add more barbs instead of adding features for those 17 barbs we usually have on map?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Going to give a little bit more detailed feedback now :)

The intent seems to be to share farming options out between players in a tribe. In reality, almost everybody shares farms and very few people mind that. It is part of the competitive nature of the game. So I don't feel there is any added value to the player base (new and old players) as from a leader's perspective, it over-complicates an essential part of the game unnecessarily.

The only thing it would do is get people on scavenging worlds to scavenge more (and potentially spend more premium as a result, depending on whether that becomes more heavily a premium feature in the future, I guess).

As a community-centric game, I don't believe that introducing this is going to improve the tribe experience or game experience. I can see the exact opposite happening, and it becoming a 'hidden' issue that nobody really notices, but is something that really destroys the experience of being part of a tribe community.

Some tribes have players who argue / fall out purely over nobling claims. Those are a small number of villages to have disagreements over. I can very easily see the option of claiming farms becoming a massive ly negative experience for players in many tribes because that will cause far larger arguments due to the number of farms available in a specific area (as tribes are rarely spread out due to far smaller world sizes).

So, I guess I'm saying please don't go ahead with this suggestion as after further thought I genuinely believe it is something that would do serious damage to the community side of the game, as well as over-complicate aspects of the game unnecessarily.

Alternative Solutions

1) If there are concerns about not enough farms to 'go around', as players have suggested already it would be far more efficient both for players and the developers to simply tweak the barb ratios.

2) Introducing a setting where barbs can't have nobles sent at them until they reach a preset point size could be the way to go. This would also make farming and the barb availability far more player controlled, as players who want to keep their farms as farms can simply cat down a few buildings to prevent them from being nobled.