Internal Nobling

DeletedUser

This was being discussed a little bit in one of the other thread and i found it interesting.

About internal nobling, some will say that it does nothing for the growth of a tribe. Your tribe doesn't gain points and more importantly, your tribe doesn't gain villages. It is often done but too much is the sign of a dying tribe.

Now other people will say that you're giving the villages from inactive players to active ones therefore it is like gaining villages. Also, by keeping them in the tribe it is a bit of protection from enemies. These ideas do have some merit but either way, the endpoint is the same. You will end up with less players with more villages per player but ultimately the overall number of villages hasn't changed.

Discuss. Add your thoughts. Which side of the argument do you agree with? How about internal nobling during war... should opposing tribes be racing to noble villages from the same tribe (for one of the tribes it is they're own inactive players)? I've never really given this topic much thought but it is interesting, for me at least :icon_redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

balaclava

Internal nobling in my opinion is necessary for any tribe. Not picking up the easy or gifted villages is just bad tactics, and if you don't get them another tribe will. It's also much more worthwhile to have someone who is active building the village and troops rather than it just sitting there being a bundle of points.

The only reason when I would tell people not to internal noble would be in a difficult war, when the focus is more on taking an enemies villages quickly and the fate of the tribe rests on how they perform in the war. If the other tribe(s) are not pissing away there nobles internally, and you are, then you are putting yourself at a disadvantage, moreso if you are losing troops by doing it, when you should be losing troops on them.

DeletedUser

You get reet stuck in Pki, never come across a mod like you. I like :D

Internal nobling is necessary. However not needing to internal is better, obviously. That being said, less members + more villages = higher average - which i like. Then again, just don't mass recruit in the first place, and your tribe should be more active.

We've internaled 1 village :).

DeletedUser

I also agree thats its good for the tribe.

If you dont take those inactive villages, then its only a matter of time, before a rival tribe see's it as inactive and takes it their self.

DeletedUser

I think it depends on where the villages are. If they are deep in your area then it might be worth leaving them until a time when there are no urgent nobles and you can spare the packets easily then you can go back and take the villages.

As balaclava said internal nobling will put you at a disadvantage in a war because of wasting nobles but also because of morale problems that it could cause and the extra strains it could put on your defense

DeletedUser

Internal nobling in my opinion is necessary for any tribe. Not picking up the easy or gifted villages is just bad tactics, and if you don't get them another tribe will. It's also much more worthwhile to have someone who is active building the village and troops rather than it just sitting there being a bundle of points.

The only reason when I would tell people not to internal noble would be in a difficult war, when the focus is more on taking an enemies villages quickly and the fate of the tribe rests on how they perform in the war. If the other tribe(s) are not pissing away there nobles internally, and you are, then you are putting yourself at a disadvantage, moreso if you are losing troops by doing it, when you should be losing troops on them.

Agreed.

And to elaborate abit further one the first section.

I believe that less is more in this game, in member numbers.
Having 50 members with 40k each isn't as good as having 30 members with 67k points. Not that points really matter, but a lower member number will give you less things to worry about, it will also create a group of players who know each other well and know the strenghts and weaknesses of their teamplayers.

Therefore, nobling out the weaker, less active links in a tribe = good.

However, 100% agreed on the 2nd section. In war times one doesn't attack ones own tribal members. They are still there and perhaps even drawing off firepower from the opposing tribe. Once you've taken their offensive villages, you can get back to taking back villages who was originally in your own tribe.

DeletedUser

/mutters something about finding a more controversial topic for next time...

Having a discussion where everyone agrees completely undermines the point of the forums :lol: