Interview Thread

DeletedUser

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Finally! This is it! I have talked to roughly 10 different leaders/dukes of tribes and held a special interview with each of them. It has taken me a while to do it. Hope you enjoy it!

Warning: I take no guarantee of the quality of the questions & answers. I am by no means delirious either of my interviewing skills.

I Interviewed Dotalot (Duke of -BH-), 4horse-death (Duke/Diplomat/Represent of Chess), Panamax (Ex-leader of INNOV), Nizell (Duke of -Nyx-), Jen (Duke of Temp) & finally Shaede (Represent of MUNTS) This is I admit 6 interviews. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a person in Area nor 4zl? to come forth and talk.

In no particular Order,
1st Interview with Dotalot
Name: Dotalot
OD: 2.137.766 (372.)
Tribe: -BH-
Map
[spoil]
Berny: Hello Dotalot, current duke of –BH-, congratulations on being my first guest. Now you are -BH- leader however not the founder, do you know who was the founder and the reason why he or she left?

Dotalot: Hey Berny, yeah that's true... the founder of -BH- was rbosiris. He left to join Fremen and took some of his PA's with him. Fremen was the better choice at the time and they intended to feed off -BH-.

Berny: Do you regret his decision? On another note, how was the tribe when you took over –bh-? I have never heard a single bad word against you; this leads me to question your experience. Had you had any previous experience in leading a tribe?

Dotalot: I regret that he left yeah, he was a good player and I would have liked to fight alongside him, but my loyalty is to my tribe. There has been the odd bad word lol... I have helped support leaders at times and had to lead a tribe once before.
Each time I've led a tribe it has been due to leadership either leaving or falling apart... I just do what I can to stop panic and keep the tribe together in those situations and twice it has resulted in me leading.

Berny: How does it feel bringing a tribe from a relatively low rank to a top 10 tribe? And could you clarify what is the deal with ~BH~?

Dotalot: I'm not sure how I feel personally, but towards the tribe I feel proud of them. I'm not the best leader in terms of directing the members each step, but try to encourage them to learn how to take steps themselves, so the rank that we currently have is down to the efforts of the members of the tribe.
Our situation is precarious, pretty much like it always has been. We've always had 4ZL? to one front and tribe much stronger to our other; so despite our rank looking high, we're still on shaky ground lol.
We've not been in the position to expand much as a tribe at any point so individual expansion has been more important. OH, and ~BH~... they are an extension of the tribe... I'm trying to get it to one tribe, should be there soon enough :)

Berny: This is the last question, what do you feel then about the future of your tribe? Having 4zl? as a front is evidently not an easy position to be in. What are your perspectives?

Dotalot: The best thing we have going for us is the tribes’ loyalty. I can say for a good portion of our tribe that they wouldn't give up easily. That being said, I'm under no illusion as to how much 4ZL? out-number us.
I can't say too much :p .. But, if we get passed the next two months I think we'll go two more lol.
We're ok for now, but things can change quickly.

Berny: Thank you Dotalot for your time. Please feel free to check the externals when this is out :) i would love to hear what you will think! [/spoil]

The 2nd Interview with 4horse-death:
Name: 4horse-death
OD: 2.335.654 (341.)
Tribe:Chess
Map

[spoil]Berny: Hiya there, Introduce yourself to me 

4horse-death: Well.... I have been playing since world one under several names. I have been using the names to see how the externals effect you’re in game play. These names include (but are not limited to):
Mikepc
Mad mikepc (have not played it in a year and it is still getting awards on world 42 for being the most hated player)
Mormon n00b killer
Sirotealc
Someone724
... I will stop listing now but just point out that this is only about 1/2 of the names I have played under

In most worlds I end up in the leadership of a top 10 tribe, since world 33 when I was one of 2 war generals for sike and did most of the splitting for the tribe.

Since then I have in in 1ns4n3 on world 37 where I learned the most about leading, and started nyuk on world 42 where I refined my external personality.

Here on world 55 I actually founded a smaller tribe of 8 players that took k38 early game and then merged with chess (I actually joined world 55 to destroy chess but I figured a peaceful takeover worked too).

My personal preference for tribes is to have less than 1/2 of the total member limit filled. Then to split those members into groups and micro-manage them.

Berny: If I may ask, which is your best world? And in order to save time, Chess seems to have a good deal of respect thus far. It is however seemingly be on a run of inactives and Barbs. The type of behaviour I had heard been thrown by your members at Fray previously. What is your opinion on this?

4horse-Death: My best world overall was 33. There I held a top 20 rank and lead the world in both oda and odd rankings at different times as well as being a war general in the tribe that lead the world for several months before it took 17 of the other top 20 tribes to take down the tribe.

As for the "inactives" the difference is we kept out inactives until after the war instead of nobling out inactives then saying "we are losing because we are busy taking out internals". Also some of them are not actually inactives, they are very active. Some are players who broke rules or refused to attack fray but had enough defence on the frontlines that we could not afford to lose them at that time.

As for the barbs there are 3 cases of barb nobling going on:

1. Old fray villages that barbed out (usually around 5-11k in points)
2. Bonus villages that would help a player strategically (such as some bonus population villages).
3. A few players who are breaking the rules. We have a list of them in our leadership room and they will be forcefully internalled.

Berny2485: Would you expect or hope for a repeat of world 33 in world 55? You are the hopefully soon duke of Chess, a top 10 tribe, are you willing to work for it to become a top 5 tribe? What do you think of ex-Fray members? Will they be your future target or are you focusing on somewhere else?

4horse-Death: I would not want a repeat of world 33. Then I was playing to win the world, now I am playing to help people learn the game.

To me, rank means nothing. If the tribe does not get along, work together and enjoy playing then it is doomed. If the tribe gains ranks then we gain rank, if not, well at least we played an honest game.

Ex-fray members are all going to be disappearing soon. I expect there will be some interesting wars coming up and that those players will be the fastest to disappear (although I was just offered a position as co-duke of temp).

As for our targets, we have not decided yet, the only thing for sure is that the tribes that helped fight fray are all safe. The ones who helped fray will be seeing incoming from us soon enough.

Berny2485: 4zl? Helped Fray. Does this mean you will declare on them soon?

4horse-Death: No, actually at the moment i do not think chess will be around long enough to declare again

Berny2485: thanks very much for the interview mate! [/spoil]

The 3rd Interview with Panamax:
Name:Panamax
OD: 6.275.159 (112.)
Tribe: INNOV
Map
[spoil]Berny2485: Howdy Panamax, long time since I have seen you on the externals. I thank you for having agreed to be in an interview between myself and you. Could you introduce yourself in a few words?

Panamax: Hi my name is Shane, I am an Aussie. I’m 36 year old male been playing tw for about 5 years. I am well known in w30 for being very aggressive and the same is going down in w55

Berny2485: Hey Shane, 5 years is a lot thus this gives me an impression that you are experienced. How far did you go in w30 may I ask? Were you also a leader of a tribe there?

Panamax: yeah, i played w30 for 18 months; I remember it was about the 500 village mark that i had to retire from TW. It was the First .net Church world. I remember i was Leader of Crysis for a while, until inactivity killed that tribe, i then went to Black Dawn.

Berny2485: That is an impressive village count! And just so the General public can have an idea: Crysis was a top 20 tribe and Black Dawn was a rank 1 tribe. Are you hoping for a repeat in this world? It certainly seems like it, INNOV was a top 20 tribe under your lead. Why though did you move to Chess?

Panamax: Chess and INNOV are alliance. It’s a move that will enable Chess and INNOV to work more streamline together without an actual merge. As for a repeat in this world, let’s just say i have a "couple of things" i want to do. I will be here until world end i dare say.

Berny2485: This Interview won’t focus on Chess unfortunately. I will talk mainly about INNOV. Temp is now at war with INNOV. Did you desert your ex-tribe mates?

Panamax: Never. If people see it that way it’s just ignorance blinding them.

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question: Do you expect INNOV to last much longer in this world?

Panamax: I expect them to go all the way Brother. 13 is a great leader.

Berny2485: Thanks a lot mate for your time! [/spoil]

The 4th Interview with Nizell:
Name: Nizell
OD: 11.485.661 (28.)
Tribe:-Nyx-
Map

[spoil]Berny2485: Hiya NiZell, duke of -Nyx-, Thank you for accepting to do this interview. Firstly, could you introduce yourself to me? Your tw experience, how you personally play tw (in a few words), perhaps some basic personal information (age, profession etc…).

NiZell: Hello Berny - Thank you for contacting -Nyx- for your article. I started playing W55 on January 29 in K35. At present, I only play this one account. We formed -Nyx- on March 19 as a merger of two tribes named ~KoH~ and Wii. I've been privileged to help lead a great group of players since that time.

Berny2485: Seeing as how the tribe has turned out to be: a top 3 tribe, I think it’s safe to say that merge was a good merger. How do you view mergers? If one was to pop up tomorrow, how would you approach it?

NiZell: Tribes come and go. It's the friendships you form and the active players that matter. Given the high player turn over in a game like Tribal Wars, I view mergers as inevitable. Setting the right expectations in advance of a merger (ex: who will join, who will lead, short and long term goals) is essential. If a merger were to pop up tomorrow, I would first make sure all our active members got treated fairly.

Berny2485: In order to save time, I will ask a second question, -Nyx- is fairly silent on the externals until recently Laterus happened to post a thread. It gives the reputation of a cautious tribe and not wanting to attract attention to it. How do you judge that assessment?

NiZell: I generally avoid the externals unless someone points out a specific thread to me. Most threads on the external forums seem to quickly degenerate into pointless flame wars. The Laterus thread you cited contained a lot of interesting information and looks like a happy exception. I was glad to see that -Nyx- compared well to our peers in terms of nobling barbs the least and being the "most bloodthirsty" tribe (hostile nobles).

Berny2485: Do you care about the external image of your tribe? Even better, how do you go about the politics of the tribe/game? Politics plays a massive part of the game, reputation also plays a part seeing as a good tribal reputation would incite more loyalty, perhaps would also incite more tribal diplomacy. Hence why I linked the two together.

NiZell: Diplomacy and a reputation for honest dealings with treaty partners are essential. Tribes that fail to keep their word can quickly see all their relationships with neighbouring tribes devolve into just two states: war now and war later. -Nyx- takes its treaty commitments very seriously. Most of our diplomacy focuses on a few key tribes in our area with an emphasis on open communications, building trust, working together to achieve common goals, and sharing intelligence. If you concentrate on doing the right thing, the external image should take care of itself.

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question: There is a rumour circulating in the externals. It suggests that –Nyx- and 4zl? are a family tribe. Is this just rumour or is this true?

Nizell: Hah - another version of that rumor places me as a spy for 4ZL?. It's a long running joke among some of our members that got started well before -Nyx- even formed. Allow me to set the record straight. I'm not a spy. -Nyx- is not a part of any tribe family.

Thanks again for the interview. I look forward to reading your article.

Berny2485: Thank you for the answers :) [/spoil]

The 5th Interview with Jen:
Name: *-Artemis-*
OD: 14.842.322 (12.)
Tribe:Temp
Map

[spoil] Berny2485: Hiya Jen, duke of Temp, ex-duke of Fray. Thank you for accepting to come to this exclusive interview. Firstly, could you introduce yourself to me? Your tw experience, how you personally play tw (in a few words), perhaps some basic personal information (age, profession etc…).

Jen (arti): My TW experience is very little... played only W46 prior to this... yes; I’m almost a TW noob. I have a couple of co-players, I’m 24 years old, med student, play when I’m studying (do the farm runs, time attacks, etc. in the breaks from studying)... I did have a few good mentors in this world. Yaz and Tom (my ex-co-player) being the best mentors. I am mostly a defensive player, but have enough offense to keep retaliating to any attacks from any tribe :)

Berny2485: This world being only your 2nd world, I think you’re doing very well! How much do you depend on your co-players? Without them, would you still feel capable of running Temp?

Jen (arti): I generally spend a lot of time on my account. That’s not to say that my co-players don't do anything. They help out with account sits, timing attacks, a bit of farming, etc. Without them, it would be possible to run Temp but it's certainly going to be difficult

Berny2485: Many feel that Temp is the new Fray, is this true? If not, how is it not? It has many of the ex-Fray members and seems like the same leadership. What have you changed apart from the name?

Jen (arti): Well, Temp is the "New" Fray, yes. But not entirely. We left a lot of deadweight behind in Fray, Davy Crockett being one of the most prominent examples. Temp does have many ex-Fray members, including the dukes who help build the Fray to where it was before the split. Many things have changed apart from the name. We have not taken players that were too far. We have a very active bunch and I’m sure that last two weeks of conquer stats do tell a good story. We have very stringent rules about recruitment this time around (no more mass recruiting). And we have a fresh outlook towards who we want to do diplomacy with and who are going to be just the noble food. We do need to keep growing after all. Since Temp evolved from the debris of Fray, we can't deny our past but we have a promising future.

Berny2485: What then is the future of Temp? Are you warring anybody yet other than Fray? And what are you going to do about Davy Crockett? He will undeniably sooner or later be recruited to a tribe, be it 4zl? Or -Nyx-.

Jen (arti): We are warring Innov. I believe the stats are 35-8 atm... Fray is almost finished with stats at 85-0... I'm not worried about Davy Crockett. I'm sure any tribe leaders with half the size of a human brain would not recruit him after knowing what he has done and looking at his stats, definitely no..

Berny2485: This will be the last and final question. What would you do if a tribe declared on 4zl?? Side with them? Or go against them?

Jen (arti): ah... well, we have enough housecleaning to do right now and have enough room for expansion in other directions. But, 4zl has been the only "clean" tribe I know in my tribe's neighbourhood. I would always side with good against the evil

Berny2485: Thanks very much for your time!

Jen (*-Artemis-*): you're welcome [/spoil]

The 6th Interview with Shaede:
Name:Shaede
OD: 5.098.439 (146.)
Tribe: MUNTS
Map

[spoil] Berny2485: Hello Shaede, Thank you for accepting to take part in this exclusive interview  Please could you tell me a bit about yourself? General Information only. (e.g.: Age, tw experience, profession, pets?)

Shaede: Sure thing. I'm 22. Live on a farm. Currently attending college and finishing a degree in law enforcement. Tw exp was player for several years. Most fun I've had is playing w37 with 1ns4n3 and w55 with Munts. Profession is still student although I've worked construction and a few years of welding. I have a horse, dog and that's pretty much it. Wrestled in high school for four years and now train mixed martial arts to stay in shape.

Berny2485: How would you say your time on w55 has been? Being now duke of MUNTS must have its difficulties. Or have you managed to wrestle your way out of trouble?

Shaede: Tony is actually our fearless leader. But we are all so close we don't need much "leadership" Tony/pearcy/flow/saint all share the same roles in the tribe. And to be honest we haven't had any tight spots yet. Munts have pretty much crushed every tribe we've declared on. Now we are finishing boo! And will be looking for our next test after that. We've done well because everyone knows their part in war and everyone participates to the fullest.

Berny2485: As an outsider, I view MUNTS as a tribe that is sooner or later going to be food for a bigger tribe, (e.g. 4zl?, Temp, or gang-bang between smaller tribes), I have got the feeling your tribe works without a council, without proper leadership. In time of crisis, do you think your so-called “elite” tribe will defend itself measurably when put face to face with such a threat?

Shaede: As a small tribe we play our diplomacy the right way. We have a council; we just don't need a hot shot dictator to tell us how a tribe needs to function. We all know what has to be done and when the time comes we does it well. If you don't think we discuss our options or strategy then that's your misfortune ;). Fighting a tribe with more numbers will always be a test. At least it is if they can work together properly. But I put skills > numbers. No one will beat Munts without a serious fight on their hands.

Berny2485: So far, so good I would say. A tribe is only as good as their members – or so they say. I will now post a relatively personal question; you were an ex Fray and Temp player. Why did you leave Temp may I ask? And how do you regard the current Fray members?

Shaede: We left temp because we had some disagreements with recruitments and wasn’t comfortable there. We still have friends in Temp. It's just not the right tribe for us at the moment. Currently fray has five members in it. All shark bait.

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. How do you feel about the future of world 55?

Shaede: W55 still has a lot of battles to be won. Top tribes such as 4zl,nyx,area,temp seem to be still cleaning up tribes like reboot/rocket/msq/fray Etc. So maybe their next moves will spice things up a bit. Good luck to everyone and remember to play to have fun :)

Berny2485: Thanks for taking your time with this Shaede. [/spoil]

That's all folks! The length of each interview varies. It depends on the answers they gave, how much time I had (recall i was busy the last 2 weeks), who I thought was more important. It may have depended on how much I loved each person :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for your hard work on this Berny. Keep up the good posts

DeletedUser

If i get sufficient wants, i might do similar with the top players of this world.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a person in Area nor 4zl? to come forth and talk.

As for 4ZL?, if my understanding is correct Noir said it would be ok but then had no power between early Sunday and yesterday evening due to storm damage. :p You might want to try asking again.

DeletedUser

As for 4ZL?, if my understanding is correct Noir said it would be ok but then had no power between early Sunday and yesterday evening due to storm damage. :p You might want to try asking again.

Sorry about the power outage? Hurricane affect her? I will look forward to tat interview as well :)

DeletedUser

Ahh really? Well then all she need to do is accept my skype request :)

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a person in Area nor 4zl? to come forth and talk.

we did talked...just not the way you wanted it ;)

DeletedUser93518

Berny2485: 4zl? Helped Fray. Does this mean you will declare on them soon?

4horse-Death: No, actually at the moment i do not think chess will be around long enough to declare again

this is not chess official answer. 4horse seems to be on a downer right now

DeletedUser

The leaders of bawlz will do an interview. Though I gotta say we are quirky

DeletedUser

[
4horse-death: Well.... I have been playing since world one under several names. I have been using the names to see how the externals effect you’re in game play. These names include (but are not limited to):
Mikepc
Mad mikepc (have not played it in a year and it is still getting awards on world 42 for being the most hated player)
Mormon n00b killer

thats because you are poo :0 you remember me do ya buddy? :D
probably not a wise choice telling the world who you really are.

you think you were the worlds most hated but ur just like panamax here.

[
B]Panamax:[/B] Chess and INNOV are alliance. It’s a move that will enable Chess and INNOV to work more streamline together without an actual merge. As for a repeat in this world, let’s just say i have a "couple of things" i want to do. I will be here until world end i dare say.[/COLOR]

Made me lol that panamax got interviewed....so this is the best innoiv has to offer?

his move to chess was Strategic, temp arnt hitting chess, so of course panamax would make the move to enusre his future,

sounds alot like world 30

DeletedUser

Everybody wanted this so hence I was a lucky one to do it!

Interview with none other than -Noir herself!

The 7 Interview with -Noir:
Name: -Noir
OD: 6.064.652 (119.)
Tribe: 4ZL?
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hiya Noir, Duke of 4zl ?. I thank you for taking your such valuable time for this interview with myself. Could you first introduce yourself to me in a few words. (e.g: age?, profession?, tw experience…)

-Noir: Haha, well I reserve most personal details for friends and tribemates so I wouldn't be one to reveal much of that in something going public :p But I'm 21 years old and studying at a university looking to get into a reputable medical school soon. And as for TW I've been playing it for a little over 4 years. I don't really care to give a life story on that since there's just too many adventures to really be chronicling, but the last few worlds I got pulled into leading in some way or form. I've experimented with a few styles and ultimately I've been the happiest with how it's gone with 4ZL? so far compared to any other tribe I've been involved with. Leading is more fun than a chore for this tribe, that can't be said for everything I've been involved with :p. I joined this world after retiring from TW for 6 months (first time I tried quitting haha.)

Berny2485: Something that has always posed a problem with me personally is “time”. There always seem too little of it. Being a top 20 player, leading a top 3 tribe, going to university and working towards a generally difficult target (medical school), how on earth do you manage it?

-Noir: I would say that's a variety of factors. One of them is I've had one of the best players I've ever played with coplaying me since the day I joined. He's actually the one that convinced me to start playing again so he knew it was on him to not slack off and he's still here doing what he can. He's very good at standing in when I'm not available for whatever reason. Most of the time I can't farm if I wanted to because when I log in all the troops are out doing something :D On top of that I'd say it just goes with my leadership style, though that's not something I'd be very capable of putting into words. I can do a lot of stuff in very little time, but I always make time for everyone that needs my attention in tribe. And since I look at them like a second family I am always eager to take some time to get involved with as many of them as I can when I am here.

Berny2485: May I ask you how and why 4zl? was founded? And why the name “4 ze lulz!” I have played many worlds previously but never has a name of a tribe been of a greater choice in my opinion.

-Noir: It was an absolute joke. The tribe really is an accident haha. when I joined the worlds I saw two of my old friends Christoff (VPCRR) and cruddy (underwater) posting on the public forums. I mailed them to see what accounts they were playing. We were all in opposite corners of the world but didn't see any local tribes at that immediate moment that we were sure we wanted to join. So cruddy had already created a solo tribe, so rather than stay tribeless, he sent us both invites and we both joined up, as the name implies, for lulz. It was never meant to be a long term situation as 3 players in 3 different Ks obviously don't make much of a tribe early on. But Underwater and I were both in the top 10 consistently up through nobling starting, so people started asking to join thinking we were some uber serious tribe or premade or whatever, and we ended up getting 15-20ish people and had some vague form of a cluster now, at least to the north. When Underwater quit I took over and decided that I would try to make a real tribe out of our randomly recruited lulzfest, and so we started our road to where we are today. (chuckle). To add to the question about the formation of the tribe first, this quote from VPCRR sums it up better than I could :D

[13:00:18] Christopher Matthews says: This tribe is just one big accidental, yet amazing mess.

Berny2485:There is a fair amount of expectation regards to 4zl?. It is a relatively old tribe, dating back when I was merely 12k on ex-cammy account and probably even further. The world is waiting for 4zl? to make their move. Would you care to enlighten me about any future plans?

-Noir: The future is the future, one cannot say what will happen. Too many variables involved to definitively say anything at all. :) I'd be an arrogant fool to say I knew what was going to happen :p We'll just play our game and see where we get (sun)

Berny2485: You were once allies with Fray, today the new “Fray” is under the name of Temp with pretty much the same players. What is your opinion as regard to them? Are they more likely to be targets? Or do you consider them to be worthy for the same alliance?

-Noir: That is a debate both of our tribes are considering and is ongoing. I've been speaking with Artemis at length about this as we both agree there were aspects of the prior relationship that just did not work and caused undue tension. But as with every relationship 4ZL? has I find it valuable and do what I can to address it in the best way that I am able to. How that ultimately pans out is yet to be seen, but if the world is hoping to see all out conflict on the borders our two tribes share I would think they will be quite disappointed at how quiet it will be.

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. What do you think of world 55 generally speaking. Do you think it’s a world full of noobs or do you feel it has the potential to be the best world tribalwars.net has ever hosted.

-Noir: It's my favorite world to the point that someone that came out of retirement to not play seriously or lead a tribe ended up leading a tribe and is quite happy to have come back as a results of it. :p Still a lot of playing to be done though.

Berny2485: Thanks mate for the interview! [/spoil]

Relatively long Interview but I think she deserved it!

DeletedUser

Everybody wanted this so hence I was a lucky one to do it!

Interview with none other than -Noir herself!

The 7 Interview with -Noir:
Name: -Noir
OD: 6.064.652 (119.)
Tribe: 4ZL?
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hiya Noir, Duke of 4zl ?. I thank you for taking your such valuable time for this interview with myself. Could you first introduce yourself to me in a few words. (e.g: age?, profession?, tw experience…)

-Noir: Haha, well I reserve most personal details for friends and tribemates so I wouldn't be one to reveal much of that in something going public :p But I'm 21 years old and studying at a university looking to get into a reputable medical school soon. And as for TW I've been playing it for a little over 4 years. I don't really care to give a life story on that since there's just too many adventures to really be chronicling, but the last few worlds I got pulled into leading in some way or form. I've experimented with a few styles and ultimately I've been the happiest with how it's gone with 4ZL? so far compared to any other tribe I've been involved with. Leading is more fun than a chore for this tribe, that can't be said for everything I've been involved with :p. I joined this world after retiring from TW for 6 months (first time I tried quitting haha.)

Berny2485: Something that has always posed a problem with me personally is “time”. There always seem too little of it. Being a top 20 player, leading a top 3 tribe, going to university and working towards a generally difficult target (medical school), how on earth do you manage it?

-Noir: I would say that's a variety of factors. One of them is I've had one of the best players I've ever played with coplaying me since the day I joined. He's actually the one that convinced me to start playing again so he knew it was on him to not slack off and he's still here doing what he can. He's very good at standing in when I'm not available for whatever reason. Most of the time I can't farm if I wanted to because when I log in all the troops are out doing something :D On top of that I'd say it just goes with my leadership style, though that's not something I'd be very capable of putting into words. I can do a lot of stuff in very little time, but I always make time for everyone that needs my attention in tribe. And since I look at them like a second family I am always eager to take some time to get involved with as many of them as I can when I am here.

Berny2485: May I ask you how and why 4zl? was founded? And why the name “4 ze lulz!” I have played many worlds previously but never has a name of a tribe been of a greater choice in my opinion.

-Noir: It was an absolute joke. The tribe really is an accident haha. when I joined the worlds I saw two of my old friends Christoff (VPCRR) and cruddy (underwater) posting on the public forums. I mailed them to see what accounts they were playing. We were all in opposite corners of the world but didn't see any local tribes at that immediate moment that we were sure we wanted to join. So cruddy had already created a solo tribe, so rather than stay tribeless, he sent us both invites and we both joined up, as the name implies, for lulz. It was never meant to be a long term situation as 3 players in 3 different Ks obviously don't make much of a tribe early on. But Underwater and I were both in the top 10 consistently up through nobling starting, so people started asking to join thinking we were some uber serious tribe or premade or whatever, and we ended up getting 15-20ish people and had some vague form of a cluster now, at least to the north. When Underwater quit I took over and decided that I would try to make a real tribe out of our randomly recruited lulzfest, and so we started our road to where we are today. (chuckle). To add to the question about the formation of the tribe first, this quote from VPCRR sums it up better than I could :D

[13:00:18] Christopher Matthews says: This tribe is just one big accidental, yet amazing mess.

Berny2485:There is a fair amount of expectation regards to 4zl?. It is a relatively old tribe, dating back when I was merely 12k on ex-cammy account and probably even further. The world is waiting for 4zl? to make their move. Would you care to enlighten me about any future plans?

-Noir: The future is the future, one cannot say what will happen. Too many variables involved to definitively say anything at all. :) I'd be an arrogant fool to say I knew what was going to happen :p We'll just play our game and see where we get (sun)

Berny2485: You were once allies with Fray, today the new “Fray” is under the name of Temp with pretty much the same players. What is your opinion as regard to them? Are they more likely to be targets? Or do you consider them to be worthy for the same alliance?

-Noir: That is a debate both of our tribes are considering and is ongoing. I've been speaking with Artemis at length about this as we both agree there were aspects of the prior relationship that just did not work and caused undue tension. But as with every relationship 4ZL? has I find it valuable and do what I can to address it in the best way that I am able to. How that ultimately pans out is yet to be seen, but if the world is hoping to see all out conflict on the borders our two tribes share I would think they will be quite disappointed at how quiet it will be.

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. What do you think of world 55 generally speaking. Do you think it’s a world full of noobs or do you feel it has the potential to be the best world tribalwars.net has ever hosted.

-Noir: It's my favorite world to the point that someone that came out of retirement to not play seriously or lead a tribe ended up leading a tribe and is quite happy to have come back as a results of it. :p Still a lot of playing to be done though.

Berny2485: Thanks mate for the interview! [/spoil]

Relatively long Interview but I think he deserved it!

You called her a her and a he in the same post o_O