Interview Thread

DeletedUser

Hey simon my boy. This thread takes time lol. I have thought abt it but to me w25 General Public is only a mere 50 people :(

Dont tell me you play w55 and never told me? :O

haha no :p

W25 would be lucky to have 25, let alone 50 ;D

DeletedUser

Guys, im sure you are all so impatient for the next load of interviews. It is 90% finished. With -Noir and Disarm Yourself yet to be online to finish there interviews :(

DeletedUser

8th Interview with ONe sHO3 pR1EsT:

Name: ONe sHO3 pR1EsT
OD: 4.554.971 (178.)
Tribe: BAWLZ
Map

[spoil] Berny2485: Hello O’mighty leader ONe sHO3 pR1EsT. Thanks for allowing such a peeny peasant to gather such important and revelling intimate knowledge that you hold. Please could you be so humble as to explain to my poor ignorance who you are?

Co1 (Mike): Well in this case one is actually two. There is Kevin and Mike. He holds the right shoe I hold the left so in essence we complete each other.

I Mike am 28. Been playing this time hole since about w25. (First world I remember) I own a restaurant and go to school full time. My hobbies are owning fools and taking names. I gotta cut it short a tornado warning was just issued

Co2 (Kevin): My heroes are chucked Norris’s beard. And any moustache that is glorious. My favourite sport is Turkish poke gymnastics. Seriously YouTube it. Crazy stuff.

On my free time I watch face plant compilations and listen to dub step. I enjoy drinking. Any time after 7pm I usually am not very coherent. :p

I will let my better half take it from here

Berny2485: @Mike, I play world 25 too!! That’s awesome!! Maybe we can become BEST PA’S!! :S Anyway back on track! What is your main aim on this world? Any other aims that you have are also welcome as an answer: P

Mike: Well I took on a player to teach, so my main goal is to teach at all stages and sizes. To be honest though he is already better than me.

Other goals are to probably have this as my last world. Unless a certain someone makes a premade. Then I will play again. It’s just hard when a lot of my playtime is from a phone.

The pa thing could happen. I was a nub on that world and got nobled out fairly quickly. W28 was and is my favourite world to date. A lot less merges.

As a tribe I think our main goal is to have fun. We don't have rules and we back each others play whenever it’s needed. We play a lot of jokes. Invited all the world leaders to our tribe. Only one joined :(

Overall this world has been fun. Not very exciting though

Berny2485: On w25, I don’t recall many merges but I guess I was in the south (all I did was jump from INH to Subv) that’s the only ever merge I was affected by. Does your “untraditional” tribe work efficiently?

Mike: I would say yes. We don't really do leadership. When the need is there someone steps forward for the task. Like an attack planner or defense coordinator. We have all been around for a long while so we know what to do. Nobody has to be reminded.

Plus most the time we are drunk so it’s happy go lucky

Berny2485: what do you feel then about the future of your tribe?

Mike: Well tbh our tribe started as a temporary tribe. It kinda evolved into us possibly owning a nice chunk of the sw. I would say our future is very promising. If not then at least we had a blast until then. Honestly though the future is not certain for any tribe.

I think our pride in bawlz will let our goals be realized.

Berny2485: What is the deal with the movement of MUNTS to BAWL?

Mike: munts was split into two half’s. Part of it wanted to merge into us. Since we are good friends with all of them, we were the best option

Berny2485: Right, im bored of seriousness. If you had to name a favourite tribe other than your own, what would it be? (Out of the ordinary for this particular type of interview but heck…it’s going to be a long one  )

Mike: Wait honestly over 60% of this world is nubcakes. If I had to pick a tribe other than my own whom I like the most I would say sith from w28. Now there is a good tribe. They did some recruitment, but only picked up solid players.

That's my response.
I actually had to think about this one. Honestly I have not paid too much attention to most of the world. But Innov was fairly awesome. Terrible players. Great PnP, always kept the forums interesting.

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. Do you have anything to say to the w55 General Public?

Mike: It’s been fun, but our bawlz are coming for you

Berny2485: Thanks mate!! [/spoil]

DeletedUser

But Innov was fairly awesome. Terrible players. Great PnP, always kept the forums interesting.

hehe at least we are good for something :)

DeletedUser

Still waiting on the forum troll interview.

"folds arms and waits"

DeletedUser4587

Why do trolls need interviews, they already say whatever they want, so we have nothing to ask them. ;)

DeletedUser

Why do trolls need interviews, they already say whatever they want, so we have nothing to ask them. ;)

Some trolls are pretty awesome. I might play this world under an alias you know, which wouldn't make me a troll. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser101787

so fun to argue with trolls sometimes =P nice job on interviews btw

DeletedUser

Right. Here is it! The next load of Interviews. I had hoped to interview all of the top 20 Players however some ignored my mail, some refused and some were busy.

[spoil]
The Interview with the Rank 1 Player:
Name: WWTBMF
OD: 9.161.350 (63.)
Tribe: 4ZL?
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hello Dunn and Nicole, 2 out of the 3 coplayers of WWTBMF (WhoWantsToBeMyFarm (should be .com at the end :p). Thank you for agreeing to have this interview with me. To start us off, could you please introduce yourselves to me? (Educational/Professional/Sexual/tribalwars Background. Perhaps include some personal details (age, nationality etc…), and what you like about RL :) )

Dunn: thank you berny, I am 27 and working as a head chef in a restaurant is Scotland. Played many worlds on many servers but most recent was an account under my own name on W45. Was the duke there for the most part of the world and we actually won that world with me finishing 6th. Justin (my other co) was also on the winning team there.

Nicole: I am 27 year old. I have a degree as an Occupational Therapist in the United States. I have been playing TW for over 3 yrs now.

Justin: My name's Justin. I'm a history major in college. I've been playing Tribalwars for over three and a half years now, starting back on W13. In real life I involve myself in a variety of things like chess, reading, baseball, ultimate frisbee, and hunting.

Berny2485: May I ask you how on earth did you manage to get to the top? Was it by sheer luck? By merging? By conquering enemy villages (sounds silly proposition that one :p) ? By being strategic? Or by nobling in forms of pictures?

Dunn: We actually merged our accounts. Justin and nicole coplayed lady and juicy and i played wwtbmf. We were both top 10 accounts on and off and for various resons, we decided to merge both accounts.

Nicole: I think it was a combination of things. We merged the LadyandJuicy account for a few reasons. We work very well together and we are all experienced players

Justin: The Whowantstobemyfarm account (Dunn) and LadyandJuicy (Nicole and Justin) merged a few months ago. Since then we've kept up a steady stream of conquered villages to take the top rank and put distance between us and others.

Berny2485: If you had to pick a favourite out of your 3 co-players, who would it be? (aimed at both of you…)

Justin: Sorry Dunn. Nicole's my favorite. She's very funny and very entertaining.

Nicole: Dunn and Justin are my favourite

Dunn: I think nicole is all of our favourite, she makes the best sandwiches ;)

Nicole: :O
you better not put that

Dunn: you better had

Nicole: Dunn and Justin both have amazing qualities. I love them both for different reasons.

Berny2485: Enough chatter! :D What has been your favourite w55 war? And your favourite all-time war?

Justin: My favorite W55 war was against Danger. They attempted to gang bang the LadyandJuicy account on two separate occassions. We fought them off both times and actually hit them back harder.

My favorite all time war was C² vs CND over two years ago in W16. It was really the only time I've been involved in a war between two good tribes of very similar skill. In four months of fighting the frontline never visibly moved. Entire ops would be launched and only take a few villages.

Nicole: The only war we were close enough to participate in fully was reboot. We assisted with other wars supplying D.

Dunn: my favourite in 55 was the reboot one also as it was the only real one we could participate in offensively. Over 60 vills if i recall correctly. All time war must be the world war on w45 between my tribe (OMEN) and the tribe of(ONE) which we3noobs was a member of

Berny2485: Which player in tribalwars (including your coplayers) would you gladly meet outside the game?

Justin: I would gladly meet any of the friends I've made, including my coplayers, in real life. To me they are the same as any other friends I have, differing only in how I originally met them.

Dunn: 1) nicole and justin from this account
2) bazhabit (we3noobs) or sean (noir)

All terrific people!

Nicole: I would gladly meet almost all of them outside this game. The team of players in 4zl are amazing. They are so much fun to be around. I would like to meet Kangaskhan to see if he is as sweet and mellow as he is in the game. I also plan to meet dunn one day. It will make a nice vacation :)

Berny2485: Given the chance, would you visit me? :D

Justin: (HE DIDN’T ANSWER THIS ONE!! )

Nicole: no way man :p

Dunn: How good are your sandwiches?

Nicole: LOL better than mine I hope

Berny2485: well that didn’t turn out the way I wanted lol :p Would you consider 4zl? a great tribe? And what factors would you base that assumption on?

Justin: Yes I would. We have a great leader and many good tribemates. 4zl? has one of the weirdest appearances on the map, and months ago it looked even worse when the tribe was smaller. Even so, we've remained rank 1 for quite a long time and we have won every war we've been a part of.

Dunn: 4zl? is an awesome tribe. I have never been in a tribe with so many trully great players who work quite so well together and has such a relaxed attitude towards the game(for the most part). Its like one big, happy family and i wouldnt change them for the world

Nicole: 4zl? is the best tribe I have ever played on so yes I consider them a great tribe. The reason for this is the amazing team work that exists and the way we all just get along so well.

Berny2485: [/B]if you were going to a fancy dress party which name from any tribal wars player would you use and why

Justin: Hmm...We could get our ice skates and go to the party and we can be Nubz On Ice

Nicole: well I would take dunn and justin and go as we3noobs

Dunn: take justin and nicole and i could be MasterOfMuppets :p

Nicole: oh the abuse I take being female on this account

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. Do you have anything to say to the w55 General public?

Dunn: 1) nicole makes good sandwiches
2) scotsmen are sexy

Nicole: I just want to remind people that TW is just a game but how you play the game also depicts the type of person you are to others in RL so just be aware of that.

Justin: We be hungry. You be food.

Berny2485: I think your all fit for each other. Thank you very much for your time! [/spoil]

The Interview with the Rank 2 Player:
Name: Rompak
OD: 15.392.273 (17.)
Tribe: Temp
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hiya Nicole, Hope you are well  I’m going to make this as cosy and easy as possible. To begin, could you tell me a bit about yourself? (Your occupations outside tribalwars, Age?, Profession, tw experience etc…)

Nicole: Hey Berny,

I'm 28 years old. I'm originally from Romania. I work in the advisory department of one of the Big 4 companies.

Qasim, my co-player, is 30ish years old and is originally from Pakistan - (and there you have the significance of 'Rompak' <Rom & Pak>

Qasim and I met in W49 where we were tribe mates, and this is our second world (after w53) in this formation. We have both played other worlds, but under different IGMs.

Berny2485: Well what a team you both are! Who, in your opinion, does the most work on your account? In order to save time, I will ask a 2nd question. What is your personal aim on tribalwars?

Nicole: we do all work equally. we spend extra time on tw incase of any one on leave.

2nd: my personal aim is to stay at rank.1, till my tribe conquers the world

Berny2485: That’s a tough aim! How do you think your going to manage it? Surely, it must mean many hours in front of tribalwars every day even if you have a coplayer. What do find motivating playing tribalwars ? The friendships? Or the thrill of conquering enemy villages? Or by just sitting there watching the screen full of other player villages and seeing your villages grow due to the hard-working effort of your coplayers (if you have any)?

Nicole: i play tribal wars fot thrill of conquring enemy's villages. i love hard fights and my other co players, play for the same and we all play honestly. nobody relay on other co players even we still need them (co players)

and tw make us friends

Berny2485: What is your biggest Regrets of this world and best Highs?

Nicole: nothing special to regret and best high is rank.1

Berny2485: If you had to choose between Berny or Jen(Artemis), who would you choose and why?

Nicole: as a player i would choose jen as i know a little bit about her.

the reason for not choosing you is, i didnt play with you and dont know about your skills

Berny2485: if you were going to a fancy dress party which name from any tribal wars player would you use and why

Rompak: watever dress i use for party but i would definitely bring an axe with me. you can see my oda

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. What would you want to say to the w55 General public?

Nicole: lol. i just wanna say that work hard and play honestly cuz theres no shortcut

Berny2485: Thanks a lot mate!![/spoil]

The Interview with the Rank 3 Player:
Name:rugsbunny
OD: 16.030.485 (14.)
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hiya Rugsbunny, Thanks for accepting to do this interview with myself. As my usual start-ups for interviews, I will ask my usual question. Could you begin by telling me a bit about yourself? (Where you are from, age, profession, tw experience etc…)

Rugsbunny: I am from Wales (UK) I am 22yrs old and self employed and own my own bussinesses
Tw experience i date back to world 32 but have been playing for around 6yrs on and off, W32 was my first seriouse world, i was one of the THX tribe members, W49 was my major come back after 2yrs away were i made it into the top 20 of the world with just shy of 5mill points.I then left to play speed servers for a year reaching rank 1 on several occations.
Returned to play w55 from which i have played from the start, Aiming to get back rank 1 ]:) w58 am there just to bash noobs for fun while i farm in w55 :D

Berny2485: You have an experienced background I see. W55 is no exception to how well you play. If I may ask what is your personal aim on tribalwars?

Rugsbunny: To escape the stress of RL and to just enjoy the experience, Every world i have played has been diffrent in so many levals, I do not care much for ranks or victory but at how well i develope my play and skills, I find myself always learning with this game and thats what keepsit intresting for me in away, I played similar online games with similar styles of gameplay but was easily board due to the lack of challenge they offered. Everyday in TW is a challenge in so many diffrent ways.

Berny2485: This in turn can be a difficulty, Tribal wars is a “dying game”. Do you think it is because of the challenges presented by the game or as many other posters have said it’s because of boredom seeing as there is little improvement to the various troops ingame hence the strategy to win is relatively the same?

Rugsbunny: Hmmm see it depends how you look at this "Dying game" as you say it, Every player plays for there own reasons as stated i play due to the challanges offered, I can agree however that there are down falls but if you look at the game in a diffrent light then you will always find challenges, I find improving on perfect snipes and Back times a good challange as you can never always nail it.
But then the arguement of certain updates ruining the game and as you said lack of new troops and new buildings are sadly having a impact on the life spam of the game, will the game die thou? in my opinion no, theres to many players only just finding this game, and alot of players like myself who leave but cannot stay away for to long.

Berny2485: Right, now I will switch to be more fun  If you had a choice of picking me for a dance or your pet (your choice), which would you choose and why?

Rugsbunny: Defently my pet haha as i ain'tdancing with no bloke

Berny2485: Meanie! I wouldn’t mind…^^ Which player in tribalwars would you gladly meet outside the game?

Rugsbunny: hmmmm good question, but would be a player i met in w49 Costy we have co-played so many accounts and have also played alot of other online games together.

Berny2485: Which has been your favorite war in world 55?

Rugsbunny: hmmm none really yet as none have been as big as i have played in other worlds but if i picked one it would be the RED war as the ops were perfectly timed by the tribe and RED gave awicked fight and kept the war fun and intresting.

Berny2485: Right this will be my last and final question. Anything you wish to say to the w55 General public?

Rugsbunny: Yeah to those who play for the fun, thanks for playing the game the way it should be, those who take the game far toseriously well get a life and lighten up a little, To all players that are our enemys See you on the battle field

Berny2485: Cheers mate for this absolutely splendid Interview! [/spoil]

The Interview with the Rank 5 Player:

Name: we3noobs
OD: 15.903.215 (15.)
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hiya we3noobs, thank you for allowing me to interview such a prosperous player (in terms of villages :p), Would you be so kind to tell me the basics about yourself? (e.g: tw background, Education/professional/sexual background, your age also :) ) If you had to choose between Berny or -Noir, who it be?

We3noobs: Hey man! Most welcome, thankyou for asking us to do it. I'm only one player from the account, but the other noobs are tied up (not literally, I don't think). So, I get to be the voice for the account... Thats probably not a good thing :)
As you probably guessed there were 3 of us on the account and we all met in W45. Myself and Uhakhem were in a tribe called ONE and marcus was in Omen.
I deleted form 45 on around 1500 vils and #3 and took a short break. Then I went to W52 to use up some premium points :) I stayed there for a while and ended up being lumped with leadership of a tribe known as HoHoHo. The tribe were decent and #2 in the world. But, RL caught up and I had to quit the world. Leadership is not for me, life is way too busy :p
RL -- We are well educated noobs. Uhakhem is an engineer, Marcus is a lawyer and I am a teacher. A real mixed bunch.
Sexual background - I'm a fan of ladies and Uhakhem likes goats and david hasslehoff. The hoff distracts him from farming regularly
Berny or noir ---- OF course Noir :) But, I do like your enthusiasm and persistance in trying to get the ghostly forums alive. So, we can agree to appreciate you both.

Berny2485: I never knew I was having affair to a comedian :p How does 3 coplayers affect your gameplay? Do you think it is necessary to have coplayers to “succeed” on tribalwars? If you had to pick a favourite out of all your coplayers, who would you choose?

We3noobs: I like banter... Although, nursing this hangover probably puts me off form a bit :) To be honest I have had co-players in the past and they usually go missing. RL always steals my co's. But, so far here it is working out well. Myself and UK play 90% of the time to be honest, but marcus puts a guest appearance in here and there especially when we are both missing, traveling or drunk :)

Due to our line of work, we go AWOL from time to time.. But, we seem to be doing alright. I think thesedays with the amount of accounts that are co-played, if you want to be a top % account you have to either have no life and sit at the computer 16 hrs a day. Or, enjoy life and enjoy the game too by sharing the responsibility and co-playing. I know which one I choose given the choice.

My favourite co? I'll let them answer first... Like when you were a young un and you waited to see who sent you Christmas cards before sending theirs the following day....Or was that just me? However, Uhakem is the main reason I am still playing this world and the player that I know best in W55. In short, I <3 Uhakem and Marcus is great when he gets on :) Nicole from whowantstobemyfarm also make a cracking sandwich! FACT!

Berny2485: I only currently know of 1 really great player on tribalwars who plays without coplayers! His ign is Uk patriot. 58million points and is #1. On w25. He also plays on w52 #8 or sth with forgot how many pts :D Out of interest, what is the maximum of incomings you have ever received at any given time?

We3noobs: Hats off to him. Bet he doesn't get down the pub much though :) The most incomings that I had wasn't really much compared to other people. Somewhere around 3-4k for a 3 week period. The most on this world so far was around 2300 from horde and reboot. But at the speed they were eaten, that didn't last too long (rofl) I think a lot of their players were pretty new to the game. So, simply returning 500 attacks in bursts threw them off for days.

Berny2485: Talking about the new players to the game. If you had to give advice to a “newbie”, what would it be?

We3noobs: Hmm... I don't think I'm qualified to give any advice, I still fail regularly :) However, learning the basics is the best part of the game. I guess to learn the tricks that will save you a lot of time in the game. Read the guides and learn the scripts... just practice, play around and have fun! And stay out of the core for a few worlds at least :)
…and remember to sleep
…and eat
…and wash :)
…and dont pull a sickie at work for TW
…and stay away from TW when drunk

Berny2485: Which players do you find that is the best attacker, Best Defender, Best Politician, funniest player and most annoying?

We3noobs: Best attacker - From what I've seen so far it would have to be whowantstobemyfarm - I know these guys from W45, great players. Also, Kangaskhan is a beast too.
Best defender - NOIR by far, based on defending skill and the fact that they have more defending troops than anyone could possibly need :)
Best Politician - |-) I have no interest in politics which is why i fail at leadership :)
Most annoying – Bernie :p

Berny2485: if you were going to a fancy dress party which name from any tribal wars player would you use and why

We3noobs: Based purely on the fact you look like Mr Bean on magic mushrooms :) oohhh.... Lemme see... Albatross (area) Then I can do the Monty Python scetch where he is a snack seller at the movies. ALBATROSS!!! Got any popcorn? Nope sorry, just albatross. I could amuse myself with that although Bikini Banter would be a close second (rofl)
Now I am interested what you would choose :^)

Berny2485: it’s supposed to be your interview not mine lol. I would choose hanibali from w25. The name just sounds awesome and I could invent my own costume design to go with it :D This will be the last and final question. What would you wish to say to the w55 General Public?

We3noobs: VOTE BERNY, spam whowantstobemyfarm, have fun and build more spears!

Berny2485: haha XD Thanks mate! [/spoil]

The Interview with the Rank 7 Player:
Name: *-Artemis-*
OD: 16.274.241 (13.)
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hello Jen, Thank you yet again for agreeing on doing a 2nd interview. I find you just too interesting :p Could you for the 2nd time introduce yourself to me? (Professional/Sexual/tribalwars background). I won’t linger much here as you have already answered it previously :S

Jen: I am a med student by profession, sexually straight and unavailable to TW, and relatively a TW newbie but have picked up this game well enough. Apart from this, I'm a hothead as many know about me and have messed with me before.. and a sweetheart to friends and those who are loyal to me..

Berny2485: You being a female (I’ve always wanted to ask this question :D). Do you think you hold an advantage over male players? Morally thinking, I assume male players tend to be nicer to female players. Is this assumption true?

Jen: nope.. in fact, several male players from the enemy tribes have played several tricks on me.. which was so low.. I won't name those people but I'm sure they know who they are. This could be because probably they think women are easy to trick or play with.. Maybe I was being too nice to them. I am aware of such tricks being played on some other female players in this world.. won't name those either, but I'm not the only gal facing this problem.

Berny2485: Didn’t harm you too much though did it :p Still kept your rank :D If you had to name a favourite war, which would it be?

Jen: PMS.. There was a lot of opposition within Fray for that war against PMS.. but eventually it came down to who blinked first. As far as the rank goes, I have had too many free villages.. and a couple of big mergers.. otherwise my enemy caps is one thing i would still like to increase quite a bit..

Berny2485: What is your personal aim on tribalwars?

Jen: lead my tribe to as close to the end-game as possible and oh, rim some of the tricksters that i have my eyes on

Berny2485: Seeing as it was given to you as an example, what game animal do you relate to ingame and what about in RL?

Jen: i don't know never thought about it :p

Berny2485: If you were going to die your hair what 5 colours would you use at the same time?

Jen: blonde, black, white, green, blue

Berny2485: Who would you say is the best attacker, Best Defender, Best Politician, funniest player and most annoying?

Jen: Rompak is the best attacker,
Rugsbunny's current owner (Tom) is the best defender,
Noir is the best politician,
Tony Mokbell is the funniest,
and one of the wwtbmf players is the most annoying ;)
i'd say you're the funniest but then i'd be biased as you're in my tribe)

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. Do you have any words to say to the w55 General Public?

Jen: Try to win if you can win by playing clean, leave all your trickery and underhanded stuff out in your real life where you love using them. That's to all tricksters.. To all others, please have fun, it's just a game.. and quit as soon as it's not fun for you anymore.

Berny2485: Thanks alot mate for the 2nd time. I wont bother you anymore :p [/spoil]

The Interview with the Rank 9 Player:
Name: Incomings
OD: 13.276.940 (28.)
Tribe: -Nyx-
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hello Incomings, I thank you for agreeing to take part in this exclusive interview. First of all, could you tell me a bit about yourself? (Professional background, age, education, tw experience, co-players etc…)

Incomings: I'm not the original owner of this account, I signed on a couple months ago. I won't be telling you about my co-player, I will leave it up to her to tell you if she wants. I'm 25, currently working on my M.S. in Structural Engineering.
I am an old school player, coming from W3. I played there for about 15 months and I was promoted to leader of the OT Brotherhood (still their today). I served in that capacity for most of my play time, but trying to lead a family tribe of 800 players (most of them noobs we had to train) proved too provide too few opportunities for fun, so I got so thoroughly burned out that I quit playing all of my worlds. I came back in w54, found myself leading a little tribe called NukeX, which I stopped doing because I didn't want to lead I started playing full time in W55. I was still re-learning the game, so I didn't grow that fast, and when I was around 50k points I was rimmed by fireramendrillnoodles? from 4ZL? during the destruction of the tribe Black. I stuck around cause I made some good friends, I grew a bit and somehow got let in to -Nyx-, where I met my current Co. So I handed my account over to a friend from another world to help us with the merger, and I started co-playing on this one. Not having to lead anything and having a co-player has given me the time to actually play the game, and it has been great.
You will also know me as Laterus in the forum.

Berny2485: Ahh the only active person from –Nyx- :p Being from w3, surely you have experienced the different improvements and changes it has had since you joined w3. How much has it affected your gameplay do you think? Are you still old-fashioned? (pen & paper instead of scripts :p)

Incomings: I'm not the only active person, the tribe is quite active. Most of my fellows would prefer to spend their time nobling, farming, and talking among each other. That's probably why OLD-GOND is still ahead of my co and me. I'm really the only one who cares to talk on the externals.... basically... I talk too much. :p
Back to the question...
It affected me for a time, but I am fortunate enough to be a fast learner. I was already a good player (solo playing, top 50 in w3, at around 1.5m points when I quit), so for the most part I already knew what I was doing. The only thing that was completely new were t-trains. In my day a 3 second train was expected (lawl), so that was new. However, it didn't take me long to learn how to send and snipe them.
The rest I have seen as tools for the lazy, not necessary for game play. Most of what the scripts do now is just save time. This means we can all farm more, and thus grow more, but ultimately as far as difference in skill goes, little had changed.
In some regards it seems to improve my game play, if only because I am less lazy than the average player. Because I was trained with having to do so much clicking, I am less bothered by the clicking I have to do. Time I used to spend typing and clicking for recruiting is instead spent of farming and sending more nobles. So this script development may have improved my overall performance, instead of setting me behind the curve, simply because I still remember what it's like to perform tedious tasks.
As a side note, this movement toward automating the tedious aspects of the game play has inspired some proprietary tools from me. I've recently been spending some time making some excel spreadsheets (yes, spreadsheets) to perform some of the more massive tasks that normal scripts can't handle. Eventually I will make them available to the public, but for now they are -Nyx- only. ;)

Berny2485: What made you become more active on w55 Externals? I suddenly noticed you were posting quite a lot after the great success of your 1st thread! On a personal note between me and you, maybe you could share me some of those spreadsheets :D Anyway, as regard to w55, do you hope for a repeat of w3? Or become even more powerful and dominant?

Incomings: I posted in the externals before, just under my original name on this world. Since I don't have the PW to that account anymore I can't post on it. I have been more active on the externals though. I think it's because after the merger I became more active in the game in general.

I'll share the spreadsheets I have with all of TW eventually, but not anytime in the immediate future. The ones I have need polishing, and some I haven't even started lol. I can tell you more about what they do some other time. One I intend to write will automatically perform an analysis like the one I posted in the forum, so a person can do the same thing for any tribe in any world without any error and without wasting a bunch of time like I did ;)

I definitely will not repeat world 3. I'm already much more powerful and much better ranked than I was there. Worlds progress much faster now than W3 (meaning tribes gain control of Ks much sooner.) W3 still hasn't ended, and it doesn't look like it ever will. There is a foreseeable end to this world, and I intend to stick around till it does.
I am aiming to take the #1 spot eventually, but I know I'll have to work extra hard to pull that off

Berny2485: You do explain a lot and thoroughly. I like you. I might even love you! Can I interview you always? You talk about how the end is foreseeable, what exactly do you foresee? (sorry but I had to ask you this one…:D)

Incomings: What I meant by foreseeable is that there clearly will be an end. In W3 there were no winning conditions, and some of the older worlds were clearly won, but a victor wasn't declared (an old german world at the time had 2 players, who each owned 1/3 of the map. The other third was a player who went barb). It's now clear that there is a way to win the game, and that makes me want to play it more.

But if you want my prediction on how the world will end... well... Somebody is gonna win it. :p There will eventually have to be a war between the top tribes, because the world can't end without it.

I have heard it said in the forum a few times that the other tribes should just give up, because 4ZL? has it won. I don't think that's necessarily true. W55 has yet to see a real good war between top tribes, so we really don't know what they can do. 4ZL might be the biggest, but their positioning isn't nearly as defensible. If you look at the map, for the most part they don't have a solid core to fight from, whereas -Nyx-, area and Temp do. Area, Temp and Nyx also share a lot of territory with 4ZL, but not with each other, so it seems like 4ZL would be the likely target.

So, in short, 4ZL's lead isn't as strong as it seems, because in a war they could lose a lot of territory very fast. Who will it be to fight each other? and who will win? It's really hard to guess, but I wouldn't bet it all on 4ZL.

Though we could just all have one big hug fest and end the world that way.

(Disclaimer: Do not take any of these statements to represent any sort hostile or friendly relationships between tribes. I don't know what they are, and if I did I wouldn't tell. ;) )

Berny2485: This will be my last and final question. Do you have anything to say to the w55 General Public?

Incomings: I have nothing in particular to say, but I will tell them the secret to becoming a big player... Farm... and never stop.

Berny2485: Thanks a lot mate! [/spoil]

The Interview with the Rank 16 Player:
Name: Please?
OD: 13.331.134 (27.)
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Hiya Please?. Thanks for accepting to do this interview. I hope you are well as this might last a while :) Could you start by telling me a bit about yourself? (age, tw experience, profession, ancestral background?)

Please?: Well as you know my name is michael, im 24 years old. Been playing tribal wars around 4 years now. My first world being world 22 under the name of dako87.Few years after that i took over Dafyd0 in XXXX. Currently set to win world 22. No longer play there due to the birth of my daughter. I also play speed rounds when i can get on. Currently a member of the .net speed time. So qutie an exciting time for me in tribal wars. Proffesion wise i used to be an assistant manager of a small hotel. But since the birth of my daughter i have been inbetween jobs, with childcare and what not.

Berny2485: Seeing as it was given to you as an example, what ingame animal do you relate to ingame?And what about in RL? :p

Please?: Ingame i would say i was a cherub, Baby with wings, but i pack a bite
RL, hasnt really crossed my mind, i am who i am. Look out for everyone else before myself.

Berny2485: Whats your worst fear when logging of tw?

Please?: I dont log Off* :p and the end of the day its a game, there si nothing to fear.

Berny2485: What’s your biggest regrets and Highs?

Please?: my biggest regret was disbanding Bored, i got alot of stick for that. All because i had real life commitments with my daughter. All Leaders know it takes alot of time to run a tribe and i just didnt have enough of it. I guess another regret was the merge with my brother. I was called a cheat and everything, when all in all i miss understood the rules. I mean who reads the rules anyway? A guess a high would be the birth of my daughter..she has changed my life majorly since she was born. And tribal wars...i guess climbing back into the top 20 was a high for me. I was down and out and ready to give up. But myy trbie mates dug in and kept me going..so i guess i have them to thank for me still being here.

Berny2485: There is admittedly a lot of Drama on tribalwars. What world have you met the most Drama in?

Please?: World 55, i have to say its been a bit of a crap world to be honest i only started hitting the forums when i started making signatures. So didnt look into world 55 forums much. And im not one for playing multiple worlds. Ill be here till i die before starting a new world. 55 has 100% dedication from me.

Berny2485: What are your favourite things aside from TW.

Please?: I play football on a wedneday and a friday. A hobbie of mine, Poker on mondays. as i love my poker. And general socialising, just because im a dad doesnt mean i cant party hard :D

Berny2485: Haha :D Sure doesn’t! Which player in tribalwars would you gladly meet outside the game?

Please?: i would gladly meet anyone. Even panamax who hates my guts lol. End of the day its a game. i dont hold grudges against anyone. Im here to have fun and pass some time on something i enjoy doing. I think mokbell i would like to meet. Known him for a few years now on and off. And probably Artemis..she says shes hot...id like to see wether its true or not

Berny2485: Right this will be my last and final question. Would you want to say anything to the w55 General Public?

Please?: I’ m a lovable guy, dont read what the say in the press its all lies.

Berny2485: Haha! :D Thanks mate [/spoil]

The Interview with the rank 17 player:
Name: reveille7a
OD: 10.484.209 (45.)
Tribe: 8ZL?
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485 : Hiya reveille7a, Hope you are well  Im going to try and make this as cosy as possible  To start it off, could you introduce yourself to me in a few words. (e.g: age? Profession? Tw experience etc…)

reveille7a : i'm sunil and i'm 26... and i go to grad school for financial mathematics. so after i'm done with tribal wars, i'll probably just be stealing your money instead of your villages. i've played tribal wars before but only very briefly in w10 and w20. w55 is the first world that i've really had the time to play.

Berny2485: You sure your not gonna lose money in this economic climate? :p What do find motivating playing tribalwars ? The friendships? Or the thrill of conquering enemy villages? Or by just sitting there watching the screen full of other player villages and seeing your villages grow due to the hard-working effort of your coplayers (if you have any)?

Reveille7a: nah, i won't lose money, i'm confident. :)

the main reason i started playing tribal wars is because i just found myself with insane amounts of free time, in class and at home. when i saw one of my friends playing a browser-based game on his phone, i had to tell him about tribal wars... and then i started playing again after telling myself i couldn't anymore (this seems like a pretty common thing with people).

i like that tribal wars is full of strategy, analyzing data, and coding. these are all things that parallel my profession in a way. and i'm also very much like being in chatrooms when i'm bored.

Berny2485: Exactly the main problem with many people is that they find tribalwars so addicting. How would you quit for good? Unplug the computer for a year? :D

Reveille7a: maybe when i win a world i can quit. haha. i can't unplug my computer, that's for sure.

Berny2485: If you had to give advice to a “newbie”, what would it be?

Reveille7a: i'd probably show them how to farm effectively and consequently keep their building queues up. and then to tell them to be diplomatic around all their sides. it goes a long way to make friends in this game, and i feel like people want to make friends more than enemies in the beginning.

Berny2485: That is certainly true! Would you say the start-ups are harder than the mid and end-game?

Reveille7a: if you play optimally in the beginning, you set yourself up for the mid and end. but there are definitely a lot of things to learn when the game progresses, it's just that if you have a good backbone you already have the basic skills, are willing to learn more, and probably have a lot of friends to help you out.

Berny2485: May I ask you how you came around to know tribalwars? Also do you or did you have a mentor to teach you tw previously?

Reveille7a: one of my friends was playing it and told me about it the summer after i graduated college. then it spread like wildfire through our group of friends, and we ended up have a tribe of around 20 of us in w10. we even got a tribe picture to remember all the time we wasted that summer. :D

the friend that showed tribal wars to me has pretty much told me everything i know. he was playing on this world with me until school took over his life, but i've tried to get him to come back.

Berny2485: Needless to say you are experienced, after all these worlds, have you developed a personality? I shall say it otherwise, what animal do you relate to ingame? And what about in RL?

Reveille7a: in game, i would say i'm a manatee. because i'm really fat. and also because i'm so blubbery and fluffy, i'm also really cute, and no one wants to attack something that's cute. they only want to love me.

in rl, i would say i'm like the xylophone cat. i'm kinda hard to find in rl sometimes because of work, and the xylophone cat is considered a myth, though some have claimed to have seen it.

Berny2485: Haha :D This will be my last and final question. Is there anything you wish to say to the w55 General Public?

Reveille7a: i like turtles.

Berny2485: Thanks a lot mate for the answers!

Reveille7a: No problem. It was fun  [/spoil]

The Last Interview with the rank 20 Player:
Name: -Noir
OD: 7.442.503 (99.)
Map

[spoil]
Berny2485: Greetings –Noir! I hope you are well :) Thank you for accepting to do this exclusive interview with none other than myself: P Could you tell me a bit about yourself? (Educational/Professional/Sexual/tribal wars Background. Perhaps include some personal details (age, nationality etc…), and what you like about RL :))

Co-Noir: :p You might want to distinguish me from noir since she'd be very upset if people thought my answers were hers (rofl) I'm a college senior studying computer science and graphical design. My chief hobbies are chess, writing, drawing, and cultural studies. TW not really anything special, I just happened to play with Noir on a past world. I like rainstorms.

Berny2485: Alright I’ve put a “CO” before –Noir: P May I ask who does most of the work? You or the original –Noir?

Co-Noir: Depends on what you're talking about. We split up the work with what we're good at. I almost never launch or plan OPs since she's better than me at it. She almost never farms because I'm better than her at it. Of course I let her deal with almost all of the mail. Of course when I don't farm the whips are out

Berny2485:
Now I know who to blame for not reading my mails :D What do find motivating playing tribalwars ? The friendships? Or the thrill of conquering enemy villages? Or by just sitting there watching the screen full of other player villages and seeing your villages grow due to the hard-working effort of your coplayers (if you have any)?

Co-Noir: Just meeting people. When you're in a tribe with a bunch of people you enjoy company with the game is just a sideshow. I couldn't play in a tribe where it wasn't a sideshow, I don't like the game to that extent. (chuckle)

Berny2485: You know “emoticons” don’t show up in the externals? LAWL. In the end phase, there isn’t much activity going on if your in the top tribe… (unless w25 is an exception…), the people that are now active may not be active later in the game. If the world suddenly comes to a matter of nobling the most enemy villages in the quickest space of time and little to no chatter, would you still continue playing?

Co-noir: I am aware that they don't show up, it's just habit to use them on skype. I make them in my posts too though.

If the world becomes like that, our tribe wont become like that, so I'm not really concerned. Plus Noir would never let me quit. She'd come to my house and hack me with a chainsaw if I quit before she did >_>

Berny2485: Being a coplayer of –Noir, you must have some sort of level of experience. Do you or did you have a mentor to teach you tw previously?

Co-noir: Noir was that mentor.

Berny2485: Who would you nominate to be the best attacker, Best Defender, Best Politician, funniest player and most annoying?

Co-noir: Attacker: Tie between Kanghaskhan and Marian74, they both eat everything that comes at them.
Defender: I have not observed anyone on this world doing anything noteable in terms of defensive efforts that would make me consider them the best defender. I have seen great team defending efforts though.
Politician: No comment
Funniest I would say there are too many lulz to be had to class any one person as such.
Most annoying is definitely Noir because she doesn't let me build nukes. :x

Berny2485: Do you have any Biggest Regrets of this world and best Highs?

Co-noir: My only regret is making a bet with Noir that I would win looter one day and losing the bet in the last 30 minutes. Because I lost I had to wear a dress and take pictures (worry) Don't gamble with Noir. (rofl) no noteable highs, big massive lulzfest.

Co-noir: - Take things too seriously and this game will always disappoint you without fail.
- Noir is a ridiculous turtle.
- Strawberries are the way to celebrate victory.
- area are the sexiest tribe.
- I need more nukes.
- I really want to know why Davy Crockett hasn't been OP'd by Temp yet.
- I think every account should build one village with 22000 swords just for the lulz.
- Reiterate a previous point, don't make a bet with Noir unless you're sure to win. Especially if it involves something embarassing. Lest you be the next w55 crossdresser! :D
- I will likely be chained up and locked away in a dungeon for stopping farming to do this interview D:
- A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste. :p

Berny2485: Thanks mate!! [/spoil] [/spoil]

I am aware that today's rankings are different but nobody really cares...

I haven't the time to do the correct formatting. Will do either tommorow or later today.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4587

You totally messed up the formatting in my interview bernie. making me look like a wall of text noob. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the only reason I don't have more vils with 22k swords is because I max out all my buildings as quickly as I can

DeletedUser

Dunn: 1) nicole makes good sandwiches
2) scotsmen are sexy

Did you just come out of the closet Dunnster??? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Done!!

Some more to come. Ill get to editing and makiing a list soon enough.

Hope you enjoyed reading it :) i do it for you afterall :D

DeletedUser

really nice job bernard! havent read them all yet but will.

Artemis i dont know u but from the global what i have learnt is u can swear like a trooper. -.-

i think i read somewhere u told someone like panamax u were gonna quit.

Jen: Try to win if you can win by playing clean, leave all your trickery and underhanded stuff out in your real life where you love using them. That's to all tricksters.. To all others, please have fun, it's just a game.. and quit as soon as it's not fun for you anymore.

is this why? the funs gone for u or was it sarcasm?

DeletedUser

/bump

dont let this die...i have more interviews on the way. 3 more currently :)