Interview Time.

TheChimpyHD

4A INTERVIEW

aceshigh.gif~c200

Welcome all to the very first interview of World 92! In this interview, I am questioning the 3 players who are leading Four Aces on the accounts Vincent12144 and kidd738. Please forgive me if this is not the best interview you have ever come across as this is personally my first! For those of you who don’t know Vincent and DK (Dwarven King) play on = Vincent12144 and Kidd on = kidd738

Thank you guys for giving me the time to do an interview! As most know youre one of the significant, yet less well known premades. Firstly I would like to ask about your history, a lot of the other premades are friends from other worlds! My question is are you a tribe from a previous

Kidd: I first created the Four Aces back on world 64 I think it was. We were just starting as a group. Most of the players currently in the tribe have played together on past worlds. We consider ourselves friends so the loyalty and trust runs thick. Some of us have won worlds in the past and hope to do so again. All players in this tribe have many worlds of experience some under other names. One player in particular many will remember as a player formerly named Are Friends Electric?

Ah okay, a tight bunch of players who have demonstrated good coordination previously! Upon the world starting, one tribe in particular caught the attention of many, what are your views on the POP! family and the concept of family tribes?

Vincent: I have lead family tribes in the past, most recently on world 88 where I was the Co-Duke of the Bleach/Wipe family. They have their ups and downs for sure. But overall if used correctly they can be well used to spread the overall influence/ dominance of your tribe. In relation to POP! and family, I applaud the idea that they are using the family tribe to teach new players how to effectively play this game, and I sincerely hope that, that is their true intentions.

Kidd: They have a few good players in the main tribe but those players are also only here to farm PP by their own admission

Okay, as all tribes do, having ups and downs. If there real aim is to bring new players into the game and educate them I would expect them to receive a lot of respect as this is what they deserve.

As the leaders of a powerful tribe ( this early on ) what are your views on the current location of your tribe? Being relatively close to Ten? Does this concern you at all?

DK: Seeing as Beginner Protection has yet to end, it's to earlier to tell who will be problematic and who won't be. Give it two weeks time and the top twenty could easily change drastically. Yes, there position could prove problematic should they grow at a steady pace. However, the world is quite small and everyone is currently in everyone's backyard. As such, we can't justify keeping an eye on only one tribe. Instead, we are stepping back and watching the bigger picture be painted.

Ahhh I see, a very wise move I'd like to think with the size of the world as you have mentioned! Seeing as the world remains less than a day old, what are you aims prior to going into the world? - I say prior as nothing significant has happened enough to change this view I presume -

Vincent: Our aims are simple. We want to win. Some of us have won worlds before. Others, myself included, have come very close, but never gotten the honor of winning a world. So our goal is to win

A very good goal to have! Looking forward to seeing you play! Seeing as it is very early on, there's not much I can think of to ask! Which tribes are you expecting a lot from?

Vincent: I think all three of us can pipe in for this one.

Kidd: I do expect a bit from TEN. If POP chooses to play serious then they need to be watched also

Vincent: Personally I am interested in 28 and Why. They have decent spread and could become power players

DK: I actually find myself in agreement with Vincent. 28 and Why have really good potential where they are. If allowed to grow unchecked, they could easily dominate.

Vincent: Knowing my fellow dukes I'm sure all of us have already made maps on TW stats to watch spreads and such haha

Hahaha, I can relate with you on that :) Yeah, the tribes mentioned, as well as yourself could dominate here! For the people to get to know you better, what are your most proud worlds? Individually speaking.

Kidd: I did my best on world 65 and world 74 also world 71 I won 71 and 74. I was in second place tribe on 65

Vincent: Personally I measure my success based on how well the tribe i was duking did. In that regard my best worlds were 78,84,86,88

Kidd: Based on that I would say 65 and 86

DK: My personal favorite would have to be W13 where I was a regular member and solo playing. I didn't win it or make it to the end game (never do because life sucks haha), but I am proud of what I did. Stuck around in a small numbered tribe that held out against multiple top ten tribes for a month before we final fell. As for leading? Well, I would have to say, W76 I believe it was? Myself and Aethonx co-duked a tribe that was half made from day 1. Held rank 1 in points and maintained high ODA for quite some time before we both had to quit. School for him, a new job for me. It's sad I can't get paid to play Tribal wars.

Kidd: I have played since world 10

DK: I've been around since World 8.

Congratulations to you on your wins and past successes. Experienced players then, after playing on so many worlds you must have come across some figures that you are not particularly fond of! Are there any players on the world of whom you may clash with due to the past?

Kidd: One player I loathe is black flags. Don't think he is here though. Also dub17

Vincent: Well personally, I have a love-hate relationship with Kirk Hall and his crew. We had a bad run in with them on 88, lot of drama. But I think both of us have moved on from it and could reconcile, and I see he is running the tribe Plague here in 92. Other than that, I haven’t really run across anyone I could say I outright dislike

Kidd: Kirk has been my friend for many years

DK: Well, here comes my answer then <_<

DK: Close your eyes Kidd xD

Vincent: Yeah Kidd and Kirk get along well. Kirk doesn’t like me cuz of world 88

DK: Who do I strongly dislike that is on W92? That would be Kirk the Wineman. Like previously mentioned, Vincent and I had a negative confrontation with him on W88. But unlike Vincent, reconciling with him won't be as easy for me. We butted heads far too often and with quite a bit of force. Not a player I would ever attempt to work with again.

I can understand your reasoning for this, as there are many I presume agree! My final question for this interview is in regards to the externals, what's your opinion of the Egos that we are seeing there? are you disappointed with the early flaming that's already occurring?

Kidd: I tend to steer clear of the externals usually so I can't really weigh in on this one

Vincent: Yeah I am, the world is too early for flaming, too early for PnP, its kinda disappointing to see it all starting so early

DK: I personally enjoy it. Massive egos and flaming is exactly how the externals was when I first started playing Tribal wars on world 8. Especially off-topic. You either burned or walked through the flames. Of course, our current day externals are nothing like that. Still love it though. Shows who feels threatened by who. Let the massive egos push each other and light the fires. Besides, every smart strategist knows the pen is sometimes mightier than the sword. But at the moment, it's mostly just pointless banter that amounts to nothing more than momentary entertainment.

Hmm a mixed response there! I can understand both standpoints! Thank you all very much for your time and I hope my questions weren't too poor for you ;) If there is anything else you would like to say for the end of the interview now's your chance!

Vincent: Nah I'm good. Thank you for the interview, looking forward to it being posted to the externals. You did a great job mate!

DK: I have no final words either. I believe I've said enough and I thank you for taking the time to interview us. ^^

Kidd: Same here

If you guys would be interested in it, later, when the world really starts to kick off I'd like to do an interview again depending on the situations :) Thank you again, for being patient with me especially :) I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you all for reading! I hope this wasn't too bad, as aforementioned, I have never done this before!
giphy.gif

More interviews coming soon!​

deja vu3

Extremely well done Jacob. The color coding was really helpful. Looking forward for more interviews and insights soon.

P.S. Keep some gap in between the interviews so that this thread doesn't go dry.

TheChimpyHD

Thank you Mohan, do you think interviews should be kept in just this thread?

DeletedUser118892

Perfect interview! Love the layout and everything! looking forward to the next one!

Do you have a time frame for these?

Yes - you deserve a threat to it's self & if it's continued i would suggest sticked to the forums

Lloyd

TheChimpyHD

Perfect interview! Love the layout and everything! looking forward to the next one!

Do you have a time frame for these?

Yes - you deserve a threat to it's self & if it's continued i would suggest sticked to the forums

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd! Well when something notable happens I'll probably interview and to make sure its not over too quickly maybe forth nightly? I have no idea, when would people like them?

DeletedUser118892

Thank you Lloyd! Well when something notable happens I'll probably interview and to make sure its not over too quickly maybe forth nightly? I have no idea, when would people like them?

Yeah the problem with my interviews that i done it daily - which means people lose interest really easy - so make them weekly i would say.

SHAGAN888

You should do a blog mate you got the stuff, If I were you I would check into it...

Good stuff looking forward to the next adventure,
shag

DeletedUser118938

Vincent, you mentioned one of your best worlds being w78, what tribe were you apart of and how far did you make it?

DeletedUser119717

Well, my opinion may be very unpopular here, but I'll say it anyway :D

I didn't like the interview. Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time you've put on this and I applaud the initiative.
But, personally, I don't think that interviews in this friendly tone, have anything to add to the external. I would like to see questions that are making a point and demand real answers. Furthermore, I think it's the interviewer's "job" to press the interviewee enough, so there is no space for diplomatic answers!
I understand of course that at this early stage of w92, there aren't so many "hard" questions to ask, but still, if you search enough you can always find something.

One question: Do you play actively on this world? If that's the case, can you assure us that you can be unbiased towards your personal friends/enemies from previous worlds?

Suggestion: Why not create a room on skype/discord for "live" interviews at a specific day and time (e.g. every second Sunday at 5pm GMT). There viewers can have 15 minutes at the end for their own questions, or a live chat could take place after the interview is over.

Once again, your post was an oasis in w92 thread so far, but I'd like it more if you could change some things in the future.
I really hope I wasn't too harsh and you can understand my point :D

TheChimpyHD

Well, my opinion may be very unpopular here, but I'll say it anyway :D

I didn't like the interview. Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time you've put on this and I applaud the initiative.
But, personally, I don't think that interviews in this friendly tone, have anything to add to the external. I would like to see questions that are making a point and demand real answers. Furthermore, I think it's the interviewer's "job" to press the interviewee enough, so there is no space for diplomatic answers!
I understand of course that at this early stage of w92, there aren't so many "hard" questions to ask, but still, if you search enough you can always find something.

One question: Do you play actively on this world? If that's the case, can you assure us that you can be unbiased towards your personal friends/enemies from previous worlds?

Suggestion: Why not create a room on skype/discord for "live" interviews at a specific day and time (e.g. every second Sunday at 5pm GMT). There viewers can have 15 minutes at the end for their own questions, or a live chat could take place after the interview is over.

Once again, your post was an oasis in w92 thread so far, but I'd like it more if you could change some things in the future.
I really hope I wasn't too harsh and you can understand my point :D

Thank you for your reply, constructive criticism is always welcome and I understand where you're coming from with your points.

To answer your question, yes I do play actively on this world and I will remain unbiased within then interviews.

I like your suggestion and I will try and implement the points you've put across, thank you.