Interviews with some w54 TWampires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser95858

Had the notion to follow in the footsteps of so many other folks who have interviewed the leaders of the top Tribes.

I will be asking every tribe within the top 20 to either have a skype Conversation or I can message them with 7 standardized questions to answer at their In game leisure.

So here are the first couple. I will add as we go to this post and the next post.

WAVES 2U-Leader of Chik3n #1 in w54 on 20/2/11
[Spoil]Zezula: Alright If you;re ready I'm ready. I have 7 questions standard.

Waves: ready

Zezula: How about a brief History of Chick3n to start.

[Spoil]
Waves: Chik3n's history well..
to begin.. myself and Und3rrated are long time co-players. We currently co-play the arrow123 account on W50 and decided to both play solo on W54 while waiting for the next speed 2 world to open. Surprisingly, we landed almost on top of one another and were getting so many invites that UND3R asked me to create a tribe. I did so.. and then 3 players, all highly skilled asked to join. We allied with and considered merging into PRO but.. fortunately, Toby and the PRO leadership admitted that they were not going to be stay on this world. We decided to merge PRO into Chik3n and from there, Chik3n has grown. As most the early game players (forum members) know, CIRCUS and Phoenx were at constant war and I openned a mail one evening to find a request to discuss a partial merger of CIRCUS. I spoke with Chik3n leadership and before that meeting was over, a message arrived from a player I respect as much as any in this game. It was the duke of Phonex. He asked me if I'd consider taking in his members in K54 and what I've seen ever since is a type of respect that makes me proud. Its been an absolute honor to see the new members from CIRCUS and Phoenx get past their differences and gell into the strongest Kd in the southwest. I am privledged to say the least, to be associated with the Chik3n members as a whole and it humbles me time in and time again when I see the sacrifices they continue to share for each other. I'm indebted to all of them.
[/spoil]

Zezula: Wow... When I said brief I was concerned,,, After reading your response... It was worth the length.

What's your Biggest Pet-Peeve? Or what Annoys you the most as a leader.

Waves:Hmm... tough but fair question. I'd simply reply with "excuses". Excuses are simply that, excuses and in my time at TW.. most are either untrue or half truths. I don't care if a players screws up.. we all do.. (i recently didn't dodge an incoming and cost us a partial nuke and 4 nobles). Just be honest... most will laugh about it.. and we will all be there to ensure recovery.

Zezula: I would assume you are not afraid to laugh at your own mistakes in your tribal forums?

Waves: lol, ohh... you are so wrong.. I never share my mistakes.. I'm above them afterall.. :)
no seriously though, i love to share them..
it allows me an "excuse" for doing noobish things

Zezula: You answered my question about contributing factors to your current success in your opening remark So...

If you could ressurect any of your favorite past players and bring them on board... who would they be or who would it be and why?

Waves: There are three players that I will forever carry with me in this game of surprises we call TW.

Waves: by order of the worlds I met them:
Atlantia - Duke of W19 Candy.. She was fearless and yet.. always fun. Surrounded by highly skilled players that adored her for both her skill as well as her abiltiy to forgive and move on. She had a tanacious waring instinct. I'd jump at the opportunity to play under her lead again.

Foggybrain (aka Garrock) by far the best diplomatic individual I've ever met and much like Atlantia very skilled at seeing/predicting the next move and staying one step ahead. He has mentored some of the games best players and was the duke of the most leet tribe I've ever encountered in G.Khan... wow!!! Awesome tribe!

Tracey (Co-duke of School in W50) I'd play under her lead any time, any where. She is extremely compassionate, extremely intelligent and be far the most cordial of any duke I've met. She taught me that she doesn't have all the answers and that often the best answer lies in the knowledge of those she trusts. I love that little ladies skill sets... Wish I had them

Zezula: I believe Tracey is co-ing a Duke in w53 if I'm not mistaken

Waves: yes, she is

Zezula: Drama I believe is the tribe and they are #1
Zezula: Wow... Your mentor has taught you well young Jedi

Waves: I hope so.. the world is young.. I've not even began to reach those aboves success.

Zezula: With that segways to: Biggest Challenge currently?

Waves: lol... hmm... that would be giving away my weakness, would it not?
[spoil]Truth is... K64 is proving to have its challenges. Both with FL (much respect to them and their leadership) as well as morale. I'd say that the members of Chik3n have started to reach a point where morale is beginning to hurt us. That said, it also seems to motivate us too.. So.. the tribes morale remains very high, very unified and very focused while the games morale setting is doing that which I belive the admins intended and making the game more challenging.

Waves: as for the other challenges... The games challenges

Waves: I am very comfortable with our current situation.. K54 is our strongest group. All are battle tested. K64 is scattered nicely and has room for growth while expanding against the remaining tribes. Our remote players are all skilled and have challenges of their own but are growing and succeeding as would be expected/[/spoil]

Zezula: The home stretch we have reached so... A lighter query...

The perfect MEAL for you would consist of what?

Waves: I love Sauerkraut and pork loin with dumplings followed by a desert consisting of bread pudding and chocolate latte coffee
of course after the coffee a nice warm shot of an after dinner drink.
my beverage of choice is root beer... and the occassional sniff of scotch..

Waves: i don't drink beer very often and tequilla makes me take my clothes off
so.. the girl friend refuses to let me drink tequilla

Zezula: So now your turn to be clairvoyant:

6 Months from Now what does the landscape of w54 look like to you

Waves: hmm... the land scapes, very difficult question.

[spoil]In honesty, I hope to see several strong tribes holding a few Kd's. Much like the first year of .nets first church world, W30. Realisticly, I don't see that.. I see where the world will consist of 3 or 4 very strong tribes and diplomacy between them will dictate growth and success. I played W41 and this world in many ways is reminding me of how W41 played out. I just hope there isn't a player with Booza's leadership skills out there. Booza, now there's a legend.

If I were asked if I see any one tribe out there with a considerable advantage? My response is that I think Punch! has a sureshot path. Their leadership has remained constant and their players focused. To me that is a sign of success.
When I look at the map, I see a chance

Waves: and I believe its a good chance

Waves: for a world much like W30 and that is my hope... a very active, very skilled world[/spoil]

Zezula: Awesome Answers. Thank You SO much for your time.
Waves: Can I mention something in closing
Zezula: Sure
Zezula: You are definitely not at a loss for words
Zezula: No insult intended

Waves: lol, nobody's mentioned that to me before <lies, as I'm always told that>

[spoil]
In closing, I'd like to ask something of the entire W54 leadership... I'd like to ask them to remain focused and if real life interfers, to find within their groups a player that is willing to lead. It takes time, dedication and many hours of lost sleep but.. the reward is in friendship, loyalty and mostly the surprise of humility you get when you learn of the unasked for sacrifice one gives to another. Stay true to those who trust you to lead and the reward is absolutely worth it.

To my tribe, Chik3n isn't the image I make it rather the image made by all of us. I am honored to be asked to lead as is Arrow, Adi, Jonas, Hiba and Mark. My leadership is visible but its success is a result of the guidances I receive from the tribe as a whole. We speak openly and hide nothing and I am thankful to have the opportunity to lead. I also would be remissed and heckled if I didn't say thank you to three players for keeping me on my toes. So... to Pierre, even though your leaving us.. thank you! To Dollie, that smile of yours is incredible, hope its always there and when we have our differences don't use it against me. To Bell, your advice is both wanted and respected. Thank you. [/spoil]

Most importantly, to the rest of Chik3n.. I'm here because your here and it is that presence that make the world worth playing. Thank all of you.

~Waves

Zezula: Thanks Again. Well Said![/spoil]

i killed a bird- Leader of ~GLAD~ #3 in w54- 20/2/11

[spoil]1. Maybe a brief history of ~Glad~.
I didn't found the tribe. I made a hostile takeover :)

2. What's your Biggest Pet-Peeve as a Leader? (What annoys you the most) Other than PMs from players like me. ;)
the only thing that pisses me off is when someone in my tribe cant stand their ground and calls for support the second they see one incoming attack. I hate point whores. Private mails don't piss me off I probably piss people off most with my private mails XD. You see there's a pweddy pwink pwanda pwincess that rules here and she loves cookies.

3. It's Obviously Not your first go or your tribe would not be as successful as it is: What Major Factor(s) Contributed to your current success.
I'm a dictator that know's the game. I rule with an iron fist and a basket of cookies

4. If you could bring back a player from your past worlds into your current tribe: Who would it be and Why?
there are a few.
lovinangel1- world 8(good player
fsoba- world15(excellent player best team mate)
siddhartha96 - world15 (I owe him a kick in the nuts)
heavymetal15- world15 (best spammer i ever met in tribalwars.

5. Is the current WAR you are in your Biggest Challenge to date? If not what has been.
not the biggest challenge none of my wars on ths world have lasted long. sadly :( havent lost a war in my opinion although the stats would show that we lost one it was because the tribe was disbanded less than 12 hours after the war started lol :)

6. What's Your Perfect Meal?
Got lots. I can cook. any ladies out there need a man that can cook? XD

7. Prediction: 6 months from Now What do you see the landscape of w54 looking like?
hehehe thats a secret only time will tell but i can say there's gonna be lots of bloodshed[/spoil]

Split Decision: Co-Leader of Party and the 4th Ranked tribe in w54- 21/2/11
[spoil]

1. Maybe a brief history of Party!.

I am currently the longest living member of Party!, been here since day 2 or 3, i am not sure. We had a rough start with 3 original leaders quiting this world very early, due to rl. That was very upsetting for most at the time. Each member of/in Party! have showed there loyalty throughout the months of its existence. As no one left because of the leaders quiting, they each did it for each other. That is great for a tribe. Party! then went under new leadership. And everyone followed orders. Didn't let the leadership change get to them.

2. What's your Biggest Pet-Peeve as a Leader? (What annoys you the most) Other than PMs from players like me. ;)

Don't fully understand this question. But nothing really annoys me, not even mail. I like helping players out. In & outside of this tribe. Party! are very skilled have knowledge, and trust there leaders. So nothing really to get annoyed about.

3. It's Obviously Not your first go or your tribe would not be as successful as it is: What Major Factor(s) Contributed to your current success.

Well, i have played many worlds as baron of tribes, When i was duke, my tribes wouldn't usually last, So by me being baron, i learned how leaders should act. What to expect of tribe members. What to do to help etc. I was originally baron of this tribe, So i did not get us to where we are, tho i did help a bit i would like to believe. As Party! respect me, and trust me 100%. I recently became a duke along with Darkbar to help out more with leadership.

4. If you could bring back a player from your past worlds into your current tribe: Who would it be and Why

Well, i have never played in the same tribes as the following players ever before, or only once or twice.

I would probably say.

Nauz
Robert
Hoang neighm
P.P

And a few more, which cant be bothered listing, not that they are not important ;)

5. Is the current WAR you are in your Biggest Challenge to date? If not what has been.

Not commenting on (WAR)'s as of today, or a while. Party! have not faced any real outside pressure from tribes up to date, at the start was just NOOBS gang banging us. All tho, physically, the tribe has faced challenges. Friends/tribe mates quiting, Leaders quiting, really the biggest challenge for us would be staying together through all the changes Party! has gone through. Has mentally strengthened us i do believe.

Perfect meal?

7. Prediction: 6 months from Now What do you see the landscape of w54 looking like?

:? The landscape will change regularly, To be honest, i havnt really thought about it. 6 months, alot can change.[/spoil]

Rumbaki- Leader of -Fighters- #7 Tribe in w54- 20/2/11
[Spoil]
I truly appreciate your rapid response. Here Ya go.

1. Maybe a brief history of your tribe.

We have not history,we're not premade. Me and one more mate from previous world were the first members,i founded this tribe. Then several more players joined me and later 2-3 tribemates from W46 also joined me here.
I leaded tribe with the same name on W41,but there i was with different name. But also we were in Top 2

2. It's Obviously Not your first go or your tribe would not be as successful as it is: What Major Factor(s) Contributed to your current success.

I like more agresive styles for playing,as YAWN! maybe,but my opinion for the setting on this world is,that this style couldn't be so successful. With settings like this any tribe needs more players for dominating in atleast 1 kontinent. Also theese settings make the people to quit faster,so even tribes with more players,could eat their inactives anytime and they will be useful for the tribe growth.

3. If you could bring back a player from your past worlds into your current tribe: Who would it be and Why?

There are several: Rqzaniq,Zorglub,Grendelis,PWNstaer,The Love Machine,surfings,Smackamack,Itchynakas,Gangula,snetwoods,Sir Lucid...and the best leadership i ever had in any other game i ever played-whole leadership from W46-Skill?
I'm sure there are more,but just i couldn't remeber them all ;) Sorry guys and girls!

4. Is the current WAR you are in your Biggest Challenge to date? If not what has been.

It's not. Even it couldn't be called war or wars as you can see from our stats.
Maybe the start of this tribe and the recruiting of first 10-15 players,with only 7-8 players in kontinent with tribes like BTW and FARM with 100 members each it's not so pink...

5. What's Your Perfect Meal?

I'm like a pig-i could eat almost everything (i'm not a pig-i'm athlete)

6. Prediction: 6 months from Now What do you see the landscape of w54 looking like?

Dead world. If now we're 4000 active players after 6 months we'll be 1000! The tribes will be full with inactives and quited players sitted from his tribemates and noone will noble them so quit,just because all tribes will be busy with their wars each other ;)[/spoil]

V for Valth: Leader of PUNCH!- 6th Ranked Tribe in w54.- 21/2/11
[Spoil]1. Maybe a brief history of Punch!.

I founded a tribe named SOLO, and as you may guess I was solo for a long time. When first ranked tribe in K-25 started collapsing I invited some good members from them, and from rank second tribe. So we became dominant force and kept fighting those not deserve being in there. After a while SIGN leadership wanted to merge into us because of no leadership, we took half of them, and since then we keep going.

Players who thinks about themselves all the time, and whinings. I want team coordination and self confidence to handle problems on their own so it gets annoying after a while.

Actually this is my second world ;)
I think I run this tribe different than many leader does, we vote on everything and if 2 person doesnt approve the suggestion and I cant convince them its denied. Everyone in leadership is contributing tribe's future and it keeps them motivated to participate.

4. If you could bring back a player from your past worlds into your current tribe: Who would it be and Why?

Agullabell :) for she's the best
Makxvo, for determination and agressive playing

They're from w9 as I dont know anyone from other worlds

5. Is the current WAR you are in your Biggest Challenge to date?(If you are not in a war)What has been your biggest challenge to date?

I had better challenges at w9, which kept me awake for 65 hours in 3 days :) In w54 players around are not attacking back so we didnt have a serious challenge yet, but this is the biggest as we have more noble target than we had before in any other war.

Checked again, and yes you're a girl as I thought :) Iskender Kebap, from turkish cuisine.

We're dominating 7 continents at north, other tribes may grow peacefully till we arrive :) I made a prediction at top20 tribes thread it'ld be more explanatory i think
Soxfan71 today at 17:30

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=5793315&postcount=7"]Post he is referencing
[/spoil]

IceHotPenguin- Deligated Spokesperson of ~AoE~ the 9th Ranked Tribe in w54- 21/2/11

[Spoil]
1. Maybe a brief history of ~AoE~.

~AoE~ was founded on the 07/12/2010 by Kill Rider. That's about it, we fast forwarded to this very moment see, so we don't have much of a past.

Well, nothing can really get me angry. But what annoys me is when people don't admit they are wrong I suppose.

I'm flattered really, but I can't take credit for how ~AoE~ has turned out. It's been a combined effort - everyone working together to get where we are now. Though, I do attribute some of our success to Swedish migrants and their excellent social system.

Pervis - I need someone around to be more arrogant than me, it makes me look better.
Mattcurr - Same as the above.
2Hot2Handle/Lisa - It's Lisa, I need not elaborate. ^^
iBloo/Sarasaurus - My dear Bloo, I am her knight and she my lady. Having her in the tribe would be like giving me some form of super-duper power boost!
Friskybird - He was playing TW's while Queensland was being flooded and hit by a Cyclone. That's dedication. =P
Cocos/ArianahPowAh - Fun to talk to, and an excellent player. Not to mention a cool name.

No, and if you heard everyone talk the biggest challenge would have been resizing things in the tribe to fit my err... ego.

That's a loaded question. I don't think I can answer it. Steak is good, on a nice crunchy bun, along with a healthy amount of salt and sauce. Then you need to have beetroot, lettuce and tomato. Maybe add in some pineapple. Eating that while drinking an ice cold beer. I could live with that..

..Provided a beautiful and intelligent women was cooking said meal.

A giant eagle? I mean, if we structure things right ~AoE~'s Plan A: For World Domination will end up with the tribe shaped in a rendition of an eagle. Which species we are still deciding. Personally I'm partial to a Wedge-Tailed Eagle, but then you have those irritating Americans with their Bald Eagles, who think they are superior. If not, Plan B: IceHotPenguin Seduces the Masses might work. But please, don't tell anyone about the last one. I blush every time it's brought up.

Thanks for letting us have the oportunity to answer you questions.

IceHotPenguin[/spoil]

NOMNOMNOM? leader of Bug! 10th ranked tribe in w54- 22/2/11
[spoil]
1. Maybe a brief history of Bug!.

Bug! from the start has been a tribe that consisted of mostly skilled members. Some newer members were recruited and of those whom remain, we are very proud of as was expected in the recruitment process, they are anxious to learn and focused. CMBurns founded BUG! but do to RL time constraints, searched for a replacement. I was approached and accepted the challenge. Honestly, I have been pleasantly surprised as the change has been much less challenging then I would have guessed. I owe BUG! members a HUGE thanks for this. Additionally, the focus is to fully control K53 and expand from there. (Direction won't be revealed.)

Outside of my own foolish mistakes? (I'm constantly screwing up.) Well, probably internal drama that can be easily avoided with just a little give and take from both sides. Fortunately (and I'll add thankfully) I've not encountered this within BUG!.. Again another reason I admire this group. :)

Focus, Unity, Loyalty and Effort. CMB worked hard early to establish this.. my goal is to maintain it. Time will tell :)

Fair question but to be honest.. the number of players I know would result in me leaving someone (or multiple players) out. Best for me to simply thank those whom tolerate me and willingly guided me in my early playing days.

War, are there any real wars going yet? We are cleaning our K and working on strategy. Time will tell how it pays off.

Steak and Eggs with a little TW spice :)

Magic Ball says there will be a widespread rumor of world mass deletion and we will all hang our heads in shame. Then one tribe will jump ship and rule the barb world with arrogance and glee.

Additional Question -Optional
8. Are you eventually planning on co-ing an account or are you fine with remaining in your current state?

Fair question.. I should first admit that I'm not the original NomNomNom? the above answers are of my own character and not of his. From that statement, I will only say that I and BUG! know both my plans and the BUG! plans as well. The world will have to wait.
[/spoil]

SellSword leader of Zombie 12th ranked tribe in w54 - 10/3/2011
[spoil]

History of the tribe?

Well, the truth of the matter is, it was all rather a spur of the moment thing. I started playing TW again, originally planning to be on W53 for a month only. But then I noticed a lot of people I knew on W54, and I figured I'd join there under my old alias Sellsword. When I started talking to Bloodhood, he suggested we'd start a multi-K rim tribe, and it appealed to me because I hadn't done that sort of thing before.
The funny thing is, I was in the same tribe with about 10 of the current members for years, yet it's not a pre-made. Extraordinary bit of luck.

Causes for annoyance

What annoys me most? Hard question. I guess I get annoyed when people want to join a tribe that is obviously tightly run, and then balk at being given orders. If you want to join a tribe, you check out who its leaders are. Bloodhood and I are relatively well known, our views on TW published on the forum. So people should know who they're dealing with, and it irritates me when they then act like they had no idea. It's like going to a firing range but not liking guns. Or going to a bar, but drinking water. Fortunately, this sort of thing was more of a bother in the first few months. People understand more of the way we want the tribe to function, these days.

contributing factors to your success?
Zombie may become a success. I wouldn't call it a success based on what we have done so far. In some Ks, we now have many top 20 players who weren't in the K top 20 before. The tribe played a role in that, and I think that's something to be proud of. But we're in it for the long haul, so we will get our window of opportunity to distinguish ourselves in a more obvious way.

If you could ressurect any of your favorite past players and bring them on board... who would they be or who would it be and why?
[spoil]
I prepared answers to these questions some time ago. Here's what I wrote then: Sellsword wrote:
Invincible: One of the best .net players (first to reach 10 million OD on the .net server) and a former duke of mine. Our nickname for him was O-Ben Wan Kenobi, and for a good reason. Single biggest influence on the way I play the game. Ben, if you happen to read this, come co-play Matt.

He passed away last week, after joining us for a week or so. We could bring him back from the TW grave, but our powers don't extend to real life. I wish it were different.
[/spoil]

Biggest Challenge currently?

Consolidation is really bloody hard with less than 20 players to a K. I would see that as our biggest challenge.

The perfect MEAL for you would consist of what?
Horse steak and a bottle of good, red French wine.

w54 in 6 months
The core will change in appearance. I expect a decent core war in 3-4 weeks, where coordination will be the key to success. As Bloodhood once said, leadership is the most important in the early stages. Now that we've passed that mark and enter into mid-level stage, individual quality per tribe combined with coordination will be the key. Any tribe that didn't invest in recruitment standards and training members will have problems retaining the territory they have now.[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser95858

Next Two have been Posted. Thank you All who have participated to date.

DeletedUser

thanks for the interviews, adding some spice to the game :p

DeletedUser5351

Interesting read. Hopfully more of the top 20 will let you pick their brains.

DeletedUser95858

Another Interview Up... Thanks to Valth for his participation.

Will have an interview with BUG! and ~AoE~ in the very near future.

DeletedUser95858

Hate Double posting but...

Sellsword was gracious enough to answer a few Questions.

DeletedUser

An informative update to an interesting thread is not a double post in my book.

Interesting read, thankyou.

DeletedUser40528

Enjoy this thread.

very well developed, pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

DeletedUser

Selective tribe choices, but I enjoyed the thread :). Nothing is wrong with doing that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.