Introduction of Pay to Win Premium Feature Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

And what a lovely note to end on... :)

Yeah, the part about it being in your face all the time is damn true. All of the pages that I can see have a stupid little 'Pay to recieve 'x'' thingy. When I try to build something, I now have to spend an inordinate amount of time attempting to find the 'upgrade to level ...' or 'construct ...', whilst avoiding the bloody premium symbol, which a misclick of will undoubtedly hack into my computer and steal all credit card details...ok, ok. Perhaps not, but you get the point.
They've even made it almost impossible to use the market now. I actually have to scroll down in order to find the little thing that normal people use - at the top you've got the premium 'village merchant' screaming in your face.

I suppose the 'in your face' strategy is to make people aware of it, and to make them constantly think and want to use it. Makes it easy to access, all that crap. Even so, they could have put a little bit of effort in to covering it up a little, so that the community doesn't disappear even faster....

Ey-oop. As you say, we're just a grimy set of cogs in a machine. Wonderful news.

DeletedUser

I have to agree. I don't like it at all but I understand why they would do it. They could have given us a choice to hide the options tho. That would not have bothered me at all.

I don't like the idea that someone with more money( or just more willing to spend it) now has an advantage over me. The one thing I loved about this game was that it was about time invested and skill. A 1 million point player could take out a 2 million point player if he was better. However, now that 2 million point player could easily be 3 ,4 or 5 million points because he dumped a bunch of money into the early game.

I will give you my own analogy:

I went to a theme park last year and like everyone else I payed to get in. I stood in the ride lines with my family for about an hour for each ride. I could have been on the rides in 45 minutes or less but they had introduced an new option too. You could buy a pass to move to the front of the line. So we waited while others with more money moved ahead of us. How do you explain to your kids that money is not the most important part of life when they see that? It is right there on display that money will get you what you want and that is what is so wrong with this world(not a TW world). Money is king because of greed!

DeletedUser110464

I have to agree. I don't like it at all but I understand why they would do it. They could have given us a choice to hide the options tho. That would not have bothered me at all.

I don't like the idea that someone with more money( or just more willing to spend it) now has an advantage over me. The one thing I loved about this game was that it was about time invested and skill. A 1 million point player could take out a 2 million point player if he was better. However, now that 2 million point player could easily be 3 ,4 or 5 million points because he dumped a bunch of money into the early game.

I will give you my own analogy:

I went to a theme park last year and like everyone else I payed to get in. I stood in the ride lines with my family for about an hour for each ride. I could have been on the rides in 45 minutes or less but they had introduced an new option too. You could buy a pass to move to the front of the line. So we waited while others with more money moved ahead of us. How do you explain to your kids that money is not the most important part of life when they see that? It is right there on display that money will get you what you want and that is what is so wrong with this world(not a TW world). Money is king because of greed!
Well now you're just introducing the whole greed debate...I'll keep it short and sweet: if people like bill gates and Steve jobs weren't so ambitious as well as greedy where would this world be right now? I guess this analogy doesn't quite work as this likely won't advance much into the development of gaming, but Meh, we would all be happy to have more money.

ashoka1

Look at it this way

They r encouraging you to earn more.so you can spend more on tw.

DeletedUser110464

Look at it this way

They r encouraging you to earn more.so you can spend more on tw.

Well that's just the principle of inflation. All prices of things increase over time due to inflation...

DeletedUser

One of the things I love about the game is there are players scattered all over the world from all walks of life

We don't all have the same opportunities in life eg. failing economies, lack of jobs in some places, ,low pay rates, too young/sick to work, blahblah etc etc
but in game all that dumb RL stuff didn't really matter

I don't really blame innogames, they are just running their business
its the capitalist system that gets up my nose
the haves get on with it, use their resources wisely and succeed so they all have nothing but love for the system (and an annoying sense of entitlement so they will always be able to justify it all)
the have nots can still struggle on in this system and with hard work and luck they can do OK but when it gets all nitty and gritty they do not have access to the same resources so ultimately they will not succeed. If all their hard graft goes unrewarded that gets discouraging (but the real damaging thing is if it happens repeatedly it can become accepted/expected)

sorry all for political rant
I will keep playing
but I don't think it is as cool as it used to be

DeletedUser

Well now you're just introducing the whole greed debate...I'll keep it short and sweet: if people like bill gates and Steve jobs weren't so ambitious as well as greedy where would this world be right now? I guess this analogy doesn't quite work as this likely won't advance much into the development of gaming, but Meh, we would all be happy to have more money.

I will give you Steve Jobs but not Bill Gates. Gates stole and/or cheated his way to the top(I don't really know much about Jobs TBH). I am a capitalist and I get the need to earn a living. What I have never gotten and will never get is greed! They are two very different things. You don't have to be greedy to be a capitalist. Being a capitalist may make you rich but it does not have to make you greedy. So, back to my point, how to do explain to your kids or to someone developing country, for that matter, that money is not the most important thing in the world?

That is the reason I don't have a real problem with TW introducing the options. With that said, they could have given us the option to hide the new features. At least the fact that someone willing to spend more money has an advantage over you is not in your face all the time. Not to mention that it clutters up the screens.

DeletedUser105659

I will give you Steve Jobs but not Bill Gates. Gates stole and/or cheated his way to the top(I don't really know much about Jobs TBH). I am a capitalist and I get the need to earn a living. What I have never gotten and will never get is greed! They are two very different things. You don't have to be greedy to be a capitalist. Being a capitalist may make you rich but it does not have to make you greedy. So, back to my point, how to do explain to your kids or to someone developing country, for that matter, that money is not the most important thing in the world?

You really do need to find out more about 'Saint Steve'. Your admitted lack of knowledge renders your entire argument invalid. Bill Gates was/is a near-autistic geek who became incredibly powerful almost by accident. Jobs was an asshat bully who was going all-out for world domination. I know who I'd rather have running the show. Bill = dumb luck. Jobs = archetypal capitalist greedy power-monger (and no, it doesn't make me feel better that he at least gave us Pixar). No Apple products in my house - ever!