Introduction- World 58 Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser102250

Constructive criticism I can take, people being rude is not a pleasant thing to see..

In that case I'll restate what I said before, blogs are supposed to be about people sharing their own opinion, and none of them seem to have done that. the last one was just too short and didn't really fill me in on anything

DeletedUser

We just want to read something nice. Maybe if you put more effort and time, it'll be good.

HorseSoldier

Make it more like a newspaper editorial like a blog should be. Maybe make it more controversial and ask tougher questions when you do interviews...

*edit: i agree about the constructive criticism point.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I personally think people are being very harsh on this blogger.

He's a friendly person who makes an effort with the time he has available to produce a service for us as a community.
At the end of the day, if you aren't happy with it, perhaps offer to help him out with the blog if he requires any assistance, or set up a world newspaper if you like.

Simply put, there's too many people posting stuff which is only going to make the blogger feel bad about actually doing the blogs for us in the first place. If you want to say stuff because you don't like a blog, don't insult it, just be constructive.

Constructive Criticism:

Personally, I agree that there wasn't much information in the blog. I'd like to see some tribal reviews from the blogger, or thoughts on where the various tribes may go in the future.
I also think the colouring is hugely annoying, and would like to request that in future blogs that gets avoided, as it doesn't do anything beyond give eye-ache.

ex cultu rex

I think googly puts it very well.
Personally the best bloggers I've ever encountered on tw have used what I've heard called the 3i's. They investigate, inform and then interpret. This means finding the best/ most exciting news around, then digging up as many facts, titbits of gossip etc about and finally providing a judgement on the whole issue, maybe putting some kind of spin on it (speculating a bit on the future, that's always interesting).

DeletedUser

Its easy to hate.

Why doesnt someone else step up and do the blog? You say its not good enough, then you do it. If not thank the guy for his time even if its 1 minute or 1000000000 minutes, its better then what you would do.

DeletedUser

LOL, thank you Lee and Goggley- I have swamped with not only tribalwars but school as well, not only both of them but blogging too...

I am looking to get the next blog out on the weekend..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its easy to hate.

Why doesnt someone else step up and do the blog? You say its not good enough, then you do it. If not thank the guy for his time even if its 1 minute or 1000000000 minutes, its better then what you would do.

i actually currently do keep things updated with updating map's. pretty sure i could blog if i wanted to but naturally im pretty hated. so people would hate on me regardless. comes with the job.

so stop kissing bum.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
i actually currently do keep things updated with updating map's. pretty sure i could blog if i wanted to

I am an updater for other worlds. And it takes one log in every 2-3 months to maintain that, and 10 seconds of work. There is a big difference between keeping things updated with the updating maps, and actually blogging (which I have also done before).

Blogs take a huge amount of work to get a really good one produced - and even then differing styles mean some are preferred over others.

DeletedUser

I am an updater for other worlds. And it takes one log in every 2-3 months to maintain that, and 10 seconds of work. There is a big difference between keeping things updated with the updating maps, and actually blogging (which I have also done before).

Blogs take a huge amount of work to get a really good one produced - and even then differing styles mean some are preferred over others.

true then go make a family tribe googly and i shall update the map! :icon_biggrin:

ill even give your own color to you!

Edit: @ Kieren im curious however, if you dont have the time and are always complaining about not having the time, why even bother to apply? since you guys clearly state it take's a great deal of time to produce a good one.

quality over quantity in which case we are getting neither lol!

DeletedUser

i actually currently do keep things updated with updating map's. pretty sure i could blog if i wanted to but naturally im pretty hated. so people would hate on me regardless. comes with the job.

so stop kissing bum.

Kissing bum *sigh*

If that is all i was doing i would go with the masses not the fews view. My point is valid, the guy does a blog and spends his time doing it, no matter how little times others do it. What is stopping anyone from doing there own private blog if they are so good at critisising whats wrong with this :icon_wink:

Nah you would rather sit and critisise rather then be productive and do something positive about it.

@updating maps, i have also done it on many worlds, takes about 30 seconds every now and then, but thanks for the contribution

DeletedUser

Kissing bum *sigh*

If that is all i was doing i would go with the masses not the fews view. My point is valid, the guy does a blog and spends his time doing it, no matter how little times others do it. What is stopping anyone from doing there own private blog if they are so good at critisising whats wrong with this :icon_wink:

Nah you would rather sit and critisise rather then be productive and do something positive about it.

@updating maps, i have also done it on many worlds, takes about 30 seconds every now and then, but thanks for the contribution

lol you take me way to seriously. still doesn't answer my question as to why somebody that has complained about not having time since the start of this world up until now. just doesnt make sense as to why somebody would apply for something they know they wouldnt be able to do. just kinda odd imo.

and i'd rather spend my time ingame maintaining my account then writing a blog people would dislike to start with, so dont bother wasting my time. i actually thought about it awhile back lol

DeletedUser93513

You guys pressure our bloggers too much. It's a mystery why anyone would want to be a blogger..other than getting the 200 PP a month.

DeletedUser

Just so you know, I will be unable to get a blog out this weekend-

I have exams and lots of school work..

Thank you for your support guys and for the others who probably don't believe me I can provide photographic evidence if needed! :D

DeletedUser

Okay, exams are still on but with it being the weekend I will be getting the blog out within the next few days...

Winners of the Competition will be announced and I promise to put all you constructive criticism into the blog to help construct it :)

DeletedUser

and theres no blog as usual :icon_rolleyes:

do they actually pay PP for this? curious lol

Status
Not open for further replies.