Introductions

• Thread starter Deleted User - 848885909
  • Start date

Deleted User - 848885909

First world playing since W77. Had a good run on W75 before RL got in the way. Back and ready to give this world a shot but a lot has changed it seems. Looking for a well ran tribe that is serious about winning.

Best of luck to all!

DeletedUser125203

Dan Rather here, been playing since World 6. Haven't played in about 3 years, but lockdown has got me sitting at home, so I figured to run another one. I used to run a top 5 tribe, CBS in previous world, my wife and I used to make news videos detailing the state of the world, major wars, etc. Hoping to have a lot of fun again! Some folks probably know me, and a few of those might even like me lmao!

Xperience

Reaction score
Would love to see more content like that Dan! Definitely one of my favorite parts of perusing the forums of old worlds. Was thinking about any way I could possibly contribute myself and get that going for this word as well.

DeletedUser125065

Yes please Dan!

I mean wheres the PnPs, Top tribes breakdown, rate the player above, player made maps, interviews? (i know its too early for most of this yet but still)

I've come back after a long break from TW and while i can say i'm happy with how the game has progressed the externals just don't feel the same as what they did back in the day. It feels so empty, i was thinking i might have to take it upon myself to do something but playing this world myself, it may all be a little bias.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Googly - the nickname comes from a rather vocal username I went by 10 years ago! Similarly to Dan - been around on and off in the game for the vast majority of my life! Started in w20 but my forum sig lists and links it all so I won't bore anybody with repetition.

Currently a duke of the rank 2 premade Cicada in w112. I hadn't planned on joining but our amazing CM put in the packet setting - one of my favourite ever settings in the game - and I couldn't help but lurk ingame to experience the fun that setting can bring :)

If I get invested (my other world will always come first), I enjoy forum antics, providing newspapers and novice attempts at maps and graphics. They will always be biased but that is part of the fun :D

Packman1980

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Justin, playing more than a decade, my teacher always said could do better at school, just like TW, do what I need to do to get by, historically get bored when not challenged, so this time I thought I'd run a tribe to challenge myself

Reaction score
It's just amazing to see Dan and Googly here. You guys were amazing and I have been following your content since W31. TW externals are the fun part of gameplay and you were the zing of it. I am hopeful to see more posts from you in newer worlds. :)

Deleted User - 848885670

Understatement of the century
You're not kidding. I was away for around 6 or so years from the game, but the name Googly still stands out and requires no reminders.

Edit, because apparently I'm losing it with age and forgot to post the part that actually matters here.

I'm also Justin. First world was W13 and the last world that I can recall was W69. Many, many worlds in between those. Been quite some time and it is interesting to come back and getting used to how the game has changed while I was gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello,

W114 my in game name is Surrender to Madness.

I've been around since W6. Played on a handful of great accounts.

Only one world win at the moment. W92 under Mad King Walrus.

W6 - I helped coplay on the Bluemidgets account for awhile after I merged and helped on W21.
W21 - Played under the account Dormunger. Was duke of -VOID-. Ended up being Ranked 7 Rim tribe at end of world and many of our players either quit, got nobled, or merged into other accounts in PnP and others.
W30 - Played under Dormunger, coplayed on Mtxrcr62, and eventually Mtxrcr62 and I took over Tywyllwych.
W90 - Was my first world back after W30. Played under Dormunger and eventually coplayed Norfolk in Chance.
W92 - Played under the Surrender to Madness account until merging into and coplaying Mad King Walrus for a world win.
W113 - Playing under the Mad King Walrus account. Currently in Squeal and growing modestly.
W114 - Playing under the Surrender to Madness account and currently in 4A.

It's good to be here and see that we still have a good bit of old school players!

DeletedUser125234

Like most I am returning from a long hiatus. W4 was my first world, orginal drunk here. played up till 60 something, the one with no hauls, then a year or so on a casual till bordom got me.

Luck Dragon

Reaction score
Hi.
I played a lot of worlds. I don't remember which ones.
I won a few worlds. I lost a few worlds. I don't remember which ones.
Now I am playing this world. :)

cubanmessiahm

Reaction score
Hello, Marcus here. Where to begin

started playing tribal wars back in 2007. Played under the name uncle-ruckus. Was in the tribe that won world 1 way back in the day but quit before the world ended partly because I felt like it lasted 5 years

played a few more worlds, world 13 was my favorite. Started a rim tribe called F-ME and took the from rank 200 to the top 20. (Fingers crossed me and moneyman09) can do it again.

After world 13 I was losing interest in the game but made some good friends so helped co found a few premades in some later worlds, that were eventually won by the tribe in W19 and W22 (might have those off could have been W23). I did this all the way to world 43 but wasn’t really playing. Just setting things up. Finally quit for about 10 years. Moneyman talked me into coming back during the quarantine. And since I’ve been confined to base in San Diego and I’m not stationed in a destroyer any more I can devote some time to this. Not a fan of pay to win but still the game is enjoyable to me and it’s great being back!!

I also wish the forum was popping the way it used too discord just isn’t the same.

Deleted User - 4669627

Hi Justin :p

There are two ways of interpreting that post, but I am going to go out on a limb and take it as a compliment!

I am not actually "playing" :confused:
I no longer play TW, I just talk o_O

w79.png

This is from My Thread (imagine the arrogance!) in W79, a thread with over 15k views.
You can see One Last Shot posted the 1st thread which got over 7.5k views in 1 month. His posts do well when he has quality characters to interact with. He and I chatting back and forth could bring Introductions to thousands of views. That would be pointless though.

Basically, I am willing to be engaged with W114 forums if it is compelling to me. If One Last Shot wants me to be involved in a blog, I might be compelled. If a tribe wanted me to post some PnP for them, maybe a declaration of war, I might be compelled. If players want to mail me anonymous notes, we could make a thread where I post what people who wish to rename nameless send me, that would be interesting :p Your Rumours thread is currently most viewed in W114 by more than a 2:1 margin.

If anybody played W94, I did not, but you can confirm my posts documenting the world were the most read. I write well, I have good insight, am humorous, but I need to study a world in order to cover it well, though I might make a thread called Generalities to cover common themes. I could invest the time, if your attention made it worth it. I will post a thread soon, Rumours was posted 6 weeks ago, its at 2,158 views & 22 replies. I will post a thread soon, you will need to wait to see what the topic is. If it gains 2k views in 2 weeks, I will give W114 my attention, since you give me yours, I will post more threads, reply to other threads, create content for you to enjoy which leads to more people contributing to forums as well.

That is my introduction.