Is it ok to take over abandoned villages?

DeletedUser

Reason why I ask is because I recieved this email from a person I will not name form a tribe I will not name as well.

I'm new at this game.

I am looking for feedback so I can get a better understanding of the universally accepted rules of war in this game.

I am seriously not happy with the fact that you have taken this villiage which was abandoned and I have been farming.

I have been farming this village as have my tribe mates, the fact that you chose to take this farm without even considering that others may be farming it is unacceptable.

This village was obviously a farm !!

I will continue to farm this village. If my army should take any losses I will take this as an act of war and will respond accordingly.

I have also included a member of your aristocracy in on this mail.

answer requested!.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, it is okay.

Of course, if they want to attack you, that is also okay. Similarly, you may attack them back.

DeletedUser

So Basicaly do not take any villiage unless you can hold it.

DeletedUser

If you're not the reason it's abandoned then it's okay for them to attack you for taking it.

DeletedUser

its all about power, there is no such a thing as ok or not ok. It might be ok for me to take a town that someone has been farming but it may not be ok for you to do that.

DeletedUser1089

The answer to this situation varies. If someone has destroyed a large player (lets say 5000 points) nearby to you, in order to farm them, then you should definitely not take it over. Well, unless of course, you think you can take the player because their offense will be significantly weakened most likely, unless the 5000 pointer didn't know how to play.

DeletedUser

I am looking for feedback so I can get a better understanding of the universally accepted rules of war in this game.

I missed that part.

The only universal rules I am aware of are:
Strong army = you are right
Weak army = you are a farm

Other than that it is up to the individual tribe or player.

DeletedUser1082

If you have enough troops to secure the village, then it is totally fine. You could request from your tribe to send support, and simply let them try them turn that village back into a farm.

DeletedUser2197

??

So... would this play rather have you take over his own village instead of the farm?

I'm new as well.. but i was under the impression that this is a war game... no?

DeletedUser

No its not a war ame this is a freindly version of sim city I have been told. :icon_twisted: I hope everyone keeps thinking that:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

What you have to remember is that an abandoned village has been abandoned for a reason.

Nine times out of ten its because someone has destroyed them to the point where they cant play thus they restart.

That means the person who did the destroying lays claim to that village as he/she put all the work in. The village becomes a nice source of income for that player.

Now if someone like yourself (who i like to call a parasite) comes a long and takes it over because you "assume" its ok, well then your going to get your ass slapped for it.

If you had nothing to do with the village being abandoned then you should realise that someone else did and that person will not be happy if you "steal" his village after the work they put in clearing it.

In the end their are no "rules" so to speak, so you can do what you want, but make sure your strong enough to defend yourself if you decide to chance your arm and take someone else's farm over because if you do it to me, your going to not only lose your new village, but your original one as well :p

DeletedUser

I have that happening in my area now. I spent a lot of effort knocking a place down to 400 points and lost men to do it and then some twit nobles it as soon as we get the guy to abandon. I was not happy and asked for compensation. I know it isn't technically mine but people who benefit off my labour rather than their own make bad neighbours. Sadly my tribe has a NAP with this offender so all I can do is wait for the day his village turns red.

DeletedUser

I have that happening in my area now. I spent a lot of effort knocking a place down to 400 points and lost men to do it and then some twit nobles it as soon as we get the guy to abandon. I was not happy and asked for compensation. I know it isn't technically mine but people who benefit off my labour rather than their own make bad neighbours. Sadly my tribe has a NAP with this offender so all I can do is wait for the day his village turns red.

that is a load of bollox. defend what you have taken - everthing is up for grabs.

If you asked the guy for assistance, and he gave it to you, and then took it from under you nose --- then i have something different to say about it.

DeletedUser

You can call it bollox if you like. I had bigger fish to fry than defending a village around the clock that no one in their right mind should have nobled. I'm entitled to my own ideas of how a good neighbour behaves and you are entitled to your own.

Lukie

that is a load of bollox. defend what you have taken - everthing is up for grabs.

If you asked the guy for assistance, and he gave it to you, and then took it from under you nose --- then i have something different to say about it.
Sure, it's up for grabs, but you better be able to defend it. :)

DeletedUser

Sure, it's up for grabs, but you better be able to defend it. :)

Pretty much. Its up for grabs, but someone else probably wants it, so u better have lots of and good :scout: :spear: :snob: :ram: :lightcavalry: :heavycavalry: :cata: :axemen:

Brbbbq

Let them fight you if they want to argue over an abandoned village :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

I have a better idea take the villages from who is argueing with you.

DeletedUser207

ok, why is someone taking a 400 point village. i don't touch villages under 3k points as then you don't have to do the time consuming things such as build mines/smithy levels as much