Is TW becoming a pay to win game?

servius prime

Reaction score
When I started TW in 2009, it was a pure skill based game with PP used only for maintaining villages. But now PP is used to the disadvantage of regular players as some people like this one http://www.twstats.com/en98/index.p...urce=en&utm_medium=village&utm_campaign=dsref jumped to 5k in 3 days and noble ready. No disrespect against the ones using PP as means to play but it takes the fun out of the competition that used to be present in this game

DeletedUser107359

Pay to win, agreed.
Interesting. No current or previous worlds. Could be an experienced player with a new hat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser119197

If they have money, let them do what they want I’d say

End of the day, when it comes to end game there “pay to win” dies down, as it becomes “skill to win” instead of you ask me

WILLPOWER

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If they have money, let them do what they want I’d say

End of the day, when it comes to end game there “pay to win” dies down, as it becomes “skill to win” instead of you ask me

It isn't completely true, but the impact of PP lower with more days the server is going. But it still can be useful in lategame.

Old Hobby

The advantage in early game is still pretty big though. I personally don't use PP for startup, and I detest the concept. It takes a lot of skill out of the early game. That being said, I can't really bitch about it because I could PP farm and use PP if it was such a big deal to me. The advantage is still present in the later game though. If you used PP and people caught up to you, chances are they would be trashing your growth if you hadn't started with PP in the first place.

DeletedUser107359

And if a seasoned player rolls in a few weeks late, opening his wallet to level up to those not so distant?

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Tbh everyone complains about "P2W" and I don't think it's a perfect system but

1) You can easily be competitive without it
2) You can easily get lots of pp without spending a penny.

Compare that to many games that include MTX and I think we have a pretty sweet deal overall in TW

DeletedUser119197

Eaxctlty, if people get annoyed about P2W just do it yourself, instead of play everyworld and get rimmed everyworld or whatever, take one world serious..

It’s not hard beat a PP player, like said above, PP doesn’t buy skill or activity (amen) cause if it did we’d be doomed :O

But on that note, really. I’ve come across players where I’m edging on 3k points and one noble, they have a 8k village. And I’m like okay. Let’s see if he’s actaully decent, check his history or ask around if he’s gone by a different name, if I don’t know I’ll just smash him

GG thanks for 8k village

servius prime

Reaction score
It’s not hard beat a PP player, like said above, PP doesn’t buy skill or activity (amen) cause if it did we’d be doomed :O
I know that but look at the situation one player with a 1k village and almost 1.5 troops and the other one with 5.5k villa and 5k+ troops and 4 nobles....the chance of overcoming nobles by backtiming is hardly 1% coz the difference between nuke and noble train is only 150ms

DeletedUser119197

But if your active and skilled, you can either kill his weak first nuke or even just snipe the train with a cancle snipe

I’ve never had a problem where someone bigger than me who uses PP has never nobled me. Just gotta out play them, if you have a solid tribe which you should have, it should be pretty easy

I can’t remeber who, but this guy who was 7k points attacked a tribemate, we all supported him as we are active, and boom,. That player quit cause his report was red lol

Don’t get me wrong though.. there are PP player who are “good”

DeletedUser66411

Fact remains PP is essentially a free pass out of start up... PP is still relevant throughout the game to maintain size with res packs etc. Tudadar has proven this world in and world out. When it comes down to late game wars PP is less relevant but still greatly beneficial to putting walls farms back up quickly. Overall, you can still do well without the use of a lot of PP but fact still remains that it is a massive crutch and a good player with PP will still beat another good player without it 99 percent of the time.

DeletedUser121584

No one can stop the Almighty tudadar.

cantstop.gif

Old Hobby

To remain competitive without PP is tough in the core. As you say, with a decent tribe it's ok. I personally prefer to start without a tribe (as I have now) for the first while, and watch to see how things pan out. Doing that in the core without PP is very risky. Yes you can cancel snipe and backtime, but when they are hitting several hundred LC when you just build your stable, the numbers are stacked.

To remain tribeless and competitive without PP, just start on the rim. There are a few PP players around, but not like core. The rim is very doable.