Is TW becoming a pay to win game?

DeletedUser121584

This happens when the almighty tudadar got tired of nobling barbs. OH well maybe nobling barbs is more fun after all.
lySQXRo.jpg

DeletedUser107233

It is sad when the only p2w worlds are all on the .net servers, none of the other servers are p2w

Sparky

Initially you only used PP for account management and ability to use scripts. Then it became one p2w one non p2w. Honestly I don't mind p2w as I really hate late smithy levels :)

0s0speedy

Initially you only used PP for account management and ability to use scripts. Then it became one p2w one non p2w. Honestly I don't mind p2w as I really hate late smithy levels :)
Thats quite true

roman01

There's still the occasional .de world available to play without pay to win features enabled however, this requires google chrome's translator to play.

Sparky

It may be run by a big company, but they have added a load of features and are constantly updating the game with new ideas and mini games. But honestly you can play the game without spending a cent. Some people just join a world like this purely to get enough PP for other worlds. I really don't see what the fuss is about, no one does work for nothing, you cant except a company to just give you a game for free.

DeletedUser121389

I mean you honestly dont need to know german to play on the german servers, alle the symbols and placement of stuff is the same as .net :p

grave maker

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
TW has become a mostly pay to win game, IMHO. Pit two players against each other of equal size--one with 10k pp, one with 500. Of course, it is a team game and you're never really in a 1v1 situation, but PP gives such a huge advantage in multiple ways that it makes it completely unfair for the player without PP. Just three of the top ways PP is used for advantages:

- PPing walls up to 20 in a matter of minutes. This can be HUGE considering walls take hours to build, even at low levels, and is a troop and village saver
- Buying res off the market to rebuild/build troops faster (mostly early game)
- Buying res off the market to educate nobles, reeducate dead ones for trains, mint coins, etc.

While PP of course is a massive early game advantage, it is also a huge midgame advantage. Any player under an op who is being stacked will need to use PP to get their walls to 20, or purchase res to rebuild farm levels, or purchase res to remake trains asap. Players who don't have PP will be at an extreme disadvantage while being opped.

Of course there are different means of obtaining PP (selling res on the market, etc.) but when you can spend 80 bucks to get significantly better/more advantages in an instant, I think that's where it becomes an issue.

Last edited:

DeletedUser120056

Life is about making money. So can't really blame them.