Is W58 turning into merging madness?

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I still say....TW must have a mandatory award showing for every time a player leaves a tribe. Saying something like..... this player has changed tribes xxx times. And if a tribe has more that 70% members that have a change award .... then it must be disqualified from the rankings as should be done for the player as well. If a guy changed tribes he must be given a penalty of 30% of his points tally per change.

hehehhehehe that will be tribal wars..... because right now... the game has degraded in to merging madness on all the worlds.

How can a player even feel remotely successfull if he leaves a tribe to join another. TW=tribal wars.... or merging madness?

Im a TW junkie..... but I cant stand these stupid merges any more. It makes the game look silly. My RL friends ask me.... hey bro what tribe are you in. I say TBS.....Then a week later they ask me how's the tribe going... I say... disbanded i'm in TBA and they are in *K*.... then a week later they ask me and I say... Im in TBA and they are in WORLDZ.... Oh did they loose? Hell no.... they won. Heheheheheh.

Last edited:

ex cultu rex

I know where you're coming from, but I would say this...
1. I don't really think it's any worse than on other worlds. In fact I'd say it's slightly better since tribe sizes are smaller, therefore the ability to absorb players reduced
2. On this world there are still decent tribes haven't disbanded or merged. I point out Fork and Pacman as the best examples.
3. It's really a part of the game, the constant dialectical struggle to combine the right players in the right way at the right time to create the perfect tribe ,the relentlessly shifting politics and personality clashes involved in the game. These are things that makes the game interesting. No perfect tribe is ever made but the success of various experiments is fascinating to watch.
4. The game is by nature a clash between the interests of the player and the interests of the tribe. How stable a tribe is comes down to how well these two interests are balanced and channelled towards a single goal.

DeletedUser

Well, it's going to be a final 1vs1 that might last a year. Might last a few days. So really, tribes merge. People leave, join, spy, backstab. All a part of the game.

DeletedUser

I haven't monitored the entire world as closely, but my continent definitely has/is currently going through merging/splitting madness.

DeletedUser

IMy RL friends ask me.... hey bro what tribe are you in. I say TBS.....Then a week later they ask me how's the tribe going... I say... disbanded i'm in TBA and they are in *K*.... then a week later they ask me and I say... Im in TBA and they are in WORLDZ.... Oh did they loose? Hell no.... they won. Heheheheheh.

You talk about tribal wars with your RL friends? And they ask you what tribe you are in? And how the tribe is going? And they ask you this every week? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

:lol: maybe they are imaginary

lol

I think the point of the story is to show how everybody change tribes like crazy

but i dont know if you guys noticed that the world is still new and as you know at the start up the tribes just come and go easily. good tribes survive, bad tribes got disbanded. and that means a new tribe. Is the nature of the game buddy,

DeletedUser

If a guy changed tribes he must be given a penalty of 30% of his points tally per change.

It would be especially hard on the players with the most points, like the top players for example, versus newly-joined players who can make up those points within a few days and also make the tw rankings redundant.

If this rule was enforced, it would screw up the rankings, tribes and people's hard work to earn points (not to mention putting them back up to several weeks), just on the basis that some random person decided to change tribes.
Like what if Ultimate Warrior or SeabassQQ or Warstiner left their tribes and either rejoined or joined a different tribe? See where I'm going?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Like what if Ultimate Warrior or SeabassQQ or Warstiner left their tribes and either rejoined or joined a different tribe? See where I'm going?

Well I would for one would applaud...

And also it would be a good way of shedding points to get rid of the stupidest setting in tw namely morale :)

Edit: and chanman better agree with this or I will have a tantrum

HorseSoldier

tbh I get what he's saying. Maybe not so much on the merging but the overall perceived weakness many "top tribes" exhibit.
So far on this forum the biggest wars we've seen have been Pac Man vs Manic and W@rLDz vs Manic. In both instances we've seen very little to no conquers by either side. Instead we see these "top tribes" (on both sides, both times) employ smaller noobier tribes to do the dirty work of supporting/attacking. I do question the quality of "top tribes" on this world because of this. I blame it on churches and morale and the fact that these settings do attract lesser players in this game. Add to that hauls and we can eliminate pac man lol. Farming is tw to me... I can't comprehend a tribe that says they can't deal with farming like pac man said they can't. What is there? 1 maybe 2 worlds without hauls? Sounds like tw is too demanding for these types and their perceived skill is to be discounted now. Of course this criticism doesn't apply to all "top tribes". Tribes like FORK have played it well by not making a big deal over little skirmishes while others do...

DeletedUser

[spoil]
tbh I get what he's saying. Maybe not so much on the merging but the overall perceived weakness many "top tribes" exhibit.
So far on this forum the biggest wars we've seen have been Pac Man vs Manic and W@rLDz vs Manic. In both instances we've seen very little to no conquers by either side. Instead we see these "top tribes" (on both sides, both times) employ smaller noobier tribes to do the dirty work of supporting/attacking. I do question the quality of "top tribes" on this world because of this. I blame it on churches and morale and the fact that these settings do attract lesser players in this game. Add to that hauls and we can eliminate pac man lol. Farming is tw to me... I can't comprehend a tribe that says they can't deal with farming like pac man said they can't. What is there? 1 maybe 2 worlds without hauls? Sounds like tw is too demanding for these types and their perceived skill is to be discounted now. Of course this criticism doesn't apply to all "top tribes". Tribes like FORK have played it well by not making a big deal over little skirmishes while others do...
[/spoil]

In some ways you are right... I am sick of hearing how 'in a church world growth is so slow' it's not, it just seems tribes/players in general lack the ability/knowledge on how to attack long distance with these settings, or maybe because it takes tribal participation and coordination there are no tribes who back themselves to do so

I regard churches as requiring more skill and dedication than 'standard' settings, more planning and good timing

So many people seem to rely on the bash and crash method to attack others, church worlds require more thought which is probably why so many so called 'elite/great/awesomesauce' players avoid them although when you look at the dates of a lot of the forum posters their is a reasonable number of older players here who tend to be more technically advanced than most

I hope to see a tribe actually work as a tribe on this world soon, as we have not seen that AT ALL yet

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Check how the players have dropped out of worldz now and joined a new tribe. They leave the poor guys that were targetted behind and run and hide in a new tribe instead of defending their honour they run and start a new tribe. And you watch them.... they gonna end in the winning tribe... Heheheheh. This means thet FORK is fighting people in WORLDZ that dont even know why they fighting. LOL Because the instigators of the war are in a new tribe. Heheheh. Thats really funny. Check mate.... heheheh but not their last move by far. They will run again.

Last edited: