Japan in Trouble

DeletedUser

Hi All,

I wanted to make a thread for the people of Japan and all nationalities caught up in the wake of the recent Earthquake and Tsunami.

I am sure everyone here will agree on one thing, We are all thinking of you and hope for a speedy recovery in your country, we will pray for your losses, those who are not religious (like myself) will be thinking of your plight and our thoughts go out to you all.

Most of us cannot do anything to help except pay our respects to a most noble people.

The reason I post this here is that I know we have had Japanese players in W22 previously, some maybe still here, some may have left this world and maybe even some of our players here in Tribal Wars perished in the disaster.

If anyone knows of any tribal wars player that has suffered a loss or has passed on/missing in this disaster, I say post their names here in tribute.

The religious among us will also be able to pray for the family name to help guide them in the afterlife, or to pray for a missing person and will help you to find redemption in this painful time.

I apologies to the mod's for not being on a tribal wars subject and I hope this tribute will remain.

Even if no-one else posts, I wanted to say something.

All the best
Chris

DeletedUser64821

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for posting this.

DeletedUser

And I don't think there is any country in the world right now that can handle such a disaster better than Japan.

+1 Totally agree, I saw this one story in the local news paper where a main road (2-4 lanes) had collapsed down a hill side, it was rebuilt good as new in 6 days!

Over here in the uk I have some roadworks locally, they have to put a small island in the end of the road as a halfway point for pedestrians crossing the road, 6 weeks later they have put in the slabs for the edge of the pavement and layed some fresh tarmac, but have left it unfinished and have left the road closed (which is really disrupting) and gone and started work on something else 100m up the road.
I know its a trivial problem over here but just goes to show in comparison how good the Japanese people are at rebuilding! :)
Also shows how damn lazy workmen in Britain are with all the rules and regs and red tape etc!

Was walking by at lunchtime the other day and they had left a wheelbarrow of tarmac unattended while they went to lunch and it was on fire, they actually left it smoking with flames coming out now and again!

I wish we could take a few pointers from the Japanese. All the best to them all :)

DeletedUser

There are other ways you can donate online if this one isn't your cup of tea of course :)

Because I've never heard of this betterplace.org is all, i'd only donate though a name I can trust with my money.
Not saying betterplace.org isn't real at all, just If like me you've never heard of it, you will probably want to use an alternative :) Especially with all the scams going on these days!! :(

Well Known Official Charitable Donation sites helping Japan:

Red Cross:
Red Cross Appeal

Reuters gives a light guide on how you can help here:
7 Safe ways to donate to Japan

There is also a counter argument out there that sending money is the wrong thing to do, Reuters explains all in this report:
Reuters: Don't Donate Money

DeletedUser57711

they had a new 7.4 earthquake hit today those poor people

with a tsunami warring again of up to a meter high wave expected to hit :icon_cry:

25.000 people suspected to be dead with 12,600 confirmed right now

so the least we can do is give what little or as much we can for aid :(

DeletedUser

they had a new 7.4 earthquake hit today those poor people

with a tsunami warring again of up to a meter high wave expected to hit :icon_cry:

25.000 people suspected to be dead with 12,600 confirmed right now

so the least we can do is give what little or as much we can for aid :(

They've had a fair few aftershocks as well, this is so sad to hear of more high magnitude quakes :(

If I remember correctly, you've had your own fair share of quakes Nick? Italy wasn't it? a couple of years back?

Your probably one of the few Uk nationals that has experienced an earthquake bud, frightening but also a unique experience I bet :)

DeletedUser57711

They've had a fair few aftershocks as well, this is so sad to hear of more high magnitude quakes :(

If I remember correctly, you've had your own fair share of quakes Nick? Italy wasn't it? a couple of years back?

Your probably one of the few Uk nationals that has experienced an earthquake bud, frightening but also a unique experience I bet :)

yes mate i did but nothing compared to what these poor people are dealing with :(