Jedi!: the facts behind the scenes

Strunerke

Blitz & Jedi!: behind the merge that wasn't

Jedi!, a respected tribe, self proclaimed elite, and (in general) globally regarded as such…
Just as most do, I perceived them as elite as well, but within a few hours that perception was significantly altered.

What happened and how:

Monday, April the 27th
I was informed about a totally unexpected offer from Jedi! for a merger with Blitz.
Surprised by this offer we were understandably skeptical. An elite (in our eyes) tribe with which we hadn’t had ANY contact with at all, suddenly offering us a merge…

3486526390_4254395eeb.jpg

This could have meant a few things:
- They genuinely wanted an infusion of new blood
- They were misleading us with the offer (they have done the same thing with TTK)
- They were desperate for either protection (involved in known heavy conflict with TWL/PRIME) or simply a jump in rank.

3485710901_3ed3054e24.jpg

Tuesday, April the 28th
After discussion of Jedi!’s merge offer (which at first we declined) we decided to take the gamble and started negotiations.
Demands were set, offer sent, Jedi! made counter offer and the terms were agreed to.
- We take 18 members of our choice with us into Jedi!
- We will get 2 positions in their council

3485710957_1c1e359b74.jpg

Of course we saw the possibility of things not going quite as planned, and as a fail-safe kept Blitz intact with a leader.
We were aware of TTK’s history and we weren’t making the same mistake, and in the end this decision proved wise.

While the merge was in it's first moments, one of our members got kicked out of Jedi! for making a post supposedly threatening a Jedi! member. Of course this is a valid reason to dismiss someone, but I don’t think it’s valid in this case.
The Blitz member in question got kicked after he’d joined only 5 minutes earlier. he hadn't had the time to even introduce himself but for some reason he did have the opportunity to threaten one of the members of Jedi! In reality they seriously overreacted to the 'tone' of a post that maybe wasn't the best way to start out, but was no reason to dismiss without warning. There was no specific threat to a member, it was a general rant about a game issue.

3485710977_333844f98e.jpg

Additionally, shortly after the first Blitz members joining Jedi!, they received circulars requesting support for Jedi! members:

3486034406_99ce98f0dc_o.gif

3486034416_54e9ebb1bd.jpg

This immediately made it clear our initial impression, that Jedi! wanted the merge only for the protection and longevity of their ailing core members, was in fact correct.

3486526550_6728fb770b.jpg

We couldn’t and wouldn’t accept this kind of behavior and the merge was still incomplete. Therefore we presented Jedi! with the choice: take it all or leave it all.

Heavy discussion ensued, the result is excerpted:

[28-4-2009 23:02:31] Strunerke: shlomzi, all that's left for me to say is that i'm very disappointed in this way of behavior
[28-4-2009 23:02:41] Shlomzi: Im disappointed in yours
[28-4-2009 23:02:45] Shlomzi: I dont tolerate a tribe of idiots
[28-4-2009 23:02:48] Shlomzi: You apparejtly do
[28-4-2009 23:02:49] Strunerke: only a few minutes after we started to merge we already face problems
[28-4-2009 23:02:55] Shlomzi: Because of you guys
[28-4-2009 23:02:56] Shlomzi: Not me
[28-4-2009 23:03:04] Shlomzi: I dismissed someone for THREATENING TO ATTACK HIS OWN TRIBE
[28-4-2009 23:03:07] Shlomzi: If you wouldnt do that, then meh
[28-4-2009 23:03:14] Strunerke: we are a bunch of friends, that's what makes us more dangerous then most tribes
[28-4-2009 23:03:43] Shlomzi: hmm
[28-4-2009 23:03:44] Shlomzi: actually
[28-4-2009 23:03:44] Shlomzi: go on
[28-4-2009 23:03:46] Strunerke: we would have wanted to help you guys, and we have given you the chance to accept it
[28-4-2009 23:03:47] Shlomzi: we'll take him back
[28-4-2009 23:04:14] Strunerke: too late, the merge is called off
[28-4-2009 23:04:29] Strunerke: you have been given the opportunity, and you blew it
[28-4-2009 23:04:33] Shlomzi: Uhmkay
[28-4-2009 23:04:34] Shlomzi: So have you now
[28-4-2009 23:04:38] Shlomzi: So you cant claim its my fault
[28-4-2009 23:04:40] Shlomzi: Thankies
[28-4-2009 23:05:10] Strunerke: i wish you the best of luck in your war with TWL
[28-4-2009 23:05:35] Strunerke: and we might meet you again later on
[28-4-2009 23:05:42] Strunerke: cya later

As you can see he conceded and wanted to give it a second chance, he actually was willing to put his ego and unreasonable style of leadership aside to keep us with them.

Let me get this straight, the leader of an ‘elite’ tribe was willing to back down on his strict policies and unrelenting demand for obedience in his tribe just to keep us 'idiots'? The smell of desperation wafted through the air...

Summary?
- Jedi! approached Blitz for a merger (while there was no contact at all before with Jedi!)
- Blitz accepted and began the process
- While the merge was developing, a Blitz member was dismissed without warning for a minor offense
- Support requests were sent to our Blitz members within minutes after they joined
- Blitz would join as one or not at all, merge called off
- Blitz is once again intact, and glad we got out before sacrificing anyone for the weakened Jedi!

In behalf of Blitz,
Strunerke

Last edited:

Shlomzi

This is horribly flawed. Luckily for you I won't have access to a computer for 18 hours.

To the public - don't base your opinion on this. Wait until I show the counter argument :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

This is horribly flawed. Luckily for you I won't have access to a computer for 18 hours.

To the public - don't base your opinion on this. Wait until I show the counter argument :icon_wink:

Can't argue what is true. You can try and manipulate it, to make it fit your argument. But in the end, it does seem somewhat clear that the merge was only ever done to get extra support into your tribe and you had no plans of treating them like equals.

This isn't the first I have heard of this, so don't assume i'm basing all of this off this one thread.

DeletedUser

very impressive.. i can't believe JEDI! could do that, maybe that was just a misunderstanding, or others? maybe another ego?:lol:

but now i finally know, that Blitz did merge with JEDI! but JEDI! failed on their plans? :icon_surprised:

and most of all, in earlier worlds, bondings can make a tribe become more better, rather than deception, greed, protection or anything else.:icon_idea:

DeletedUser

Come on guys this is shlomzi we are talking about, we all know he is a pathetic leader. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Jedi! have been blasting T.W.L for having a family tribe.......well merging with Blitz to increase the member count surely nullifies that argument :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Jedi! has a low village count, I can see why the wanted to bring in more players to create a buffer for themselves. If what you said here is true, my respect for Jedi! has completely dissolved.

DeletedUser

there are lots of blitz players in my area, that is why shlomzi wanted them in

in just a few days from the start of the war my area was cleared, incuding that the undertaker :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

If what you said here is true, my respect for Jedi! has completely dissolved.

I was just mailed by a blitz member, saying that this are all true.

sorry JEDI!, my respect for your tribe and your leader, is now changed by depression and frustration.:icon_sad:

I thought, you're good and going to be great, but as i seen recently on the posts in this forum, i can tell that JEDI! is now slowly going down.:icon_idea:

there are lots of blitz players in my area, that is why shlomzi wanted them in

in just a few days from the start of the war my area was cleared, incuding that the undertaker :icon_cool:

now, i see.:icon_surprised:

incuding that the undertaker :icon_cool:

i think, the name of that guy, from your recent post, is "teh undertaker"?

am i right, or wrong, any remarks about the name of this guy is highly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yet clearly you had access to a computer, so why did you not refute it then and there? You of course need time to find SOME sort of a counter argument that makes you look like a moderately competent, or respectful leader.

Until I see this magical counter "argument", I will base my opinions on this. Your attempt there is flawed. Nice try though?

DeletedUser

I was just mailed by a blitz member, saying that this are all true.

sorry JEDI!, my respect for your tribe and your leader, is now changed by depression and frustration.:icon_sad:

I thought, you're good and going to be great, but as i seen recently on the posts in this forum, i can tell that JEDI! is now slowly going down.:icon_idea:

That really shouldn't sway you opinion... If you were mailed by a Blitz member, what else would they say? "No, its all false, we are trying to make Jedi! look bad"?

Of course they will tell you its true :icon_rolleyes:
(I am not choosing sides, just offering what i think about this :icon_wink: )

Shlomzi

Yet clearly you had access to a computer, so why did you not refute it then and there? You of course need time to find SOME sort of a counter argument that makes you look like a moderately competent, or respectful leader.

Until I see this magical counter "argument", I will base my opinions on this. Your attempt there is flawed. Nice try though?

I don't have access to a computer. I'm on what is known as an iPhone. So I can't export, copy/paste, make long posts or get the Skype chats, uhmkay?

DeletedUser

I'm glad Blitz was able to make it out unscathed :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

That really shouldn't sway you opinion... If you were mailed by a Blitz member, what else would they say? "No, its all false, we are trying to make Jedi! look bad"?

Of course they will tell you its true :icon_rolleyes:
(I am not choosing sides, just offering what i think about this :icon_wink: )

sorry.. my mistake. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Shlomzi, once again, proves that his idea of tribal conquer is to invite them into his own tribe. In w29 he consistently claimed victory over his opponents by inviting just the top tier of players. This usually led to the eventual fall of the tribe (morale support and sometimes leaders joined up).

Shlomzi doesn't do alot of "war". He does invite tactics. He invites you, kicks you, then expands into your territory. He'll keep some of the non-"idiot" players and then put full trust in them. That's what ended up burning him in w29. Massive out-of-tribe invites backlashed him into submission--so he "quit".

I wonder how long it will be before this world makes him submit.