John Wooden and How He Pertains to W10

DeletedUser

I would like to start this PnP with a little about John Wooden.

John Wooden was a three-time All-American while playing basketball at
Purdue University. He is the only man ever elected to college basketball’s hall of fame
as both player and coach.
As a coach of UCLA’s basketball team he produced ten national championship teams in
twelve years. Seven of those national championships came in a row. (1964, 1965,
1972 – 1973, 1975)
He had 88 consecutive victories (previous record, 60), 38 straight NCAA tournament
wins (previous record, 13), and eight undefeated Pac-8 crowns. Undefeated season after
undefeated season bringing coach of the year award after coach of the year award,
including selection as Sports Illustrated sportsman of the year in 1972. A lifetime
winning percentage of over 80 percent.

I want to start out with one of his famous quotes:
Never mistake activity for achievement
It seems that a lot of 8aa8 members around have been doing this a lot lately.
http://www.twstats.com/en10/index.php?page=tribe&id=38405&mode=conquer_periods
It seems that as more and more CTRL members quit, 8aa8 decided to amp up the activity level and thus brag about it on the forum. According to John Woodens theory, you have achieved nothing, your activity is nothing to applaud at.

I would like to bring upon another topic. Most in 8aa8 believe that CTRL "gave up" and thus did not win the war.
According to John Wooden:
The goal I believe is important is the goal of making the most of your abilities.
That goal is within your reach.

Without a doubt CTRLs abilities at this game were astounding, wasting it on rift raft like 8aa8 was, well not an important goal.

I believe ability can get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there. A
big part of character is the self-discipline needed to avoid complacency.

CTRL, without a doubt, were not complacent. They went from war to war, thus owning their top spot. All you in 8aa8, especially all from TUBA and Borg, have been complacent this whole game. Sure your "on top" now, but if half these barbs turned into CTRL accounts, well you wouldn't be able to keep it.

A leader’s most powerful ally is his or her own example. Leaders don’t just talk
about doing something; they do it.

Let's take a look at 8aa8's leaders:
PDXCook- Leads by Example
Stibarts- Leads by Example
Cademica- Barb Muncher (Does not Lead by Example)
Wolf Lavender- Barb and Inactive Muncher (Does not Lead By Example)
lancejrhunter- Another Barb Muncher (What do you think?)
Dingo Chief- Half Barbs/Half Enemy (Lets keep him neutral)
Ghosty27- Leads by Example
If these leaders were to receive a +1 or -1 based on John Woodens theory, they would cancel out, leaving a big 0 for leadership. Is a tribe really a tribe without a leader? Or is it just a big group of people doing what they want? I think it's the latter, but I'll let you make your own choice on that one.

Finally I'd like to point out his most important Theory:
Success is peace of mind that is the direct result in the self-satisfaction in knowing
you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.

CTRL became and are the best, it has been shown directly through their results. They quit because they were satisfied with their accomplishment and thus they won. They have every right to declare themselves the true winners of this world, as they know they are the best. So for everyone that trys to slander CTRL's name on the forum, to say that 8aa8, "won" this world, I think that John Woodens theory's prove that 1:) 8aa8, they are not winners, they are just who are left and 2:) CTRL, they truly won this world because they became not only the best they are capable of becoming, but because they are the best anyone is capable of becoming.

Now for anyone that doubts John Woodens theory's, let's see you coach as well as he did in any sport, and then tell me otherwise.

DeletedUser

You're possibly going to slot in just above .-x-. in the jealousy rating.

Why do you think players quit?

DPN, he was all mouth and specifically targetting inactives that don't hit back. When 8AA8 hit him back he lost 10-15 mill in no time and hit delete.
Spawnie-rose, once he seen DPN getting owner he stopped nobling all together and stocked up his villages. He was left alone, until he too found an inactive 8AA8 player to hit. In return 8AA8 fire at him and clear all his frontline villages. He hits delete almost straight away.

So many more it would take a while to list them all. But you get the point.

In another thread .-x-. was critisizing dogsazz for not hitting delete when he was under attack. He had thousands of incoming cats and a lot of his villages were demolished to nothing but he played on and against all odds made it back to full strength.

What you're trying to say is 8AA8 aren't good at the game because we are beating our enemies too much. We can only beat what is put out in front of us. If we conquer 10k villages a month from an inactive tribe when there are active tribes to conquer then we are foolish for letitng the active tribes grow. However we are trying to win the world, only inactive enemies remain and to win the world we need to conquer them. Would it not be foolish to say "these guys are inactive we wont noble them"

We have spent the past year looking specifically for active players to hit. We hit these active players and took them out the game. Now we are finishing up.

My last point: This is not Basketball.. you can't take theories from one game and apply it to a completely different game.

.-x-.

LMFAO. WTF. This is hilarious.

*wipes tear away from eyes* Not so much the content (only read the first bit if truth to tell) but the fact that random people are coming into this forum and poking you guys with sticks. Lol, sean your desperate clamering to try to infect every single thread with your invented history is making you famous apparently. If only your mother could see you now eh?

I would mention your side kick el BS over there but he/it doesn't deserve it.

Let me sum it up for you ALL as I'm sure like most other people, this vain of conversation is boring the crap out of me.

CTRL wiped the floor with the world. Hired some nomads onboard (6 of us to start with, but alas we slowly went too) but it is not fair to say we did much else but help, CTRL was already dominant, we just pitched in.

One by one, players got bored and left. Be it RL, college, uni, GF's, BF's, break ups, make ups, what ever they are gone now.

You guys merged the three big dog doo tribes into one (good move, might as well pile all of it in one place!) vs what was left of us.

But let's move to the present and recent past.... there are over 2 billion points of you, That's twice the size of CTRL. You have the full 100 players plus your allies VS 3 of us. I suspect less at the moment but there you go. It's been this way for months and months now. 3 of us, you pull up stats, you make all the stuff up you like, but I what I wanna know is....

Sean you go on about the greatness of 8AA8, why am I still here? Why are any Nomads still here? With that fire power, you could and should be able to finish it one go, but you don't.

Dont dodge or try to blag this one as usual (and I know, along with every one else you will, just like the other thread) tell me the answer to it. Why are we still talking here?

Dunno, but you sell me the story, go for it.

I've been watching your tribe for a while. Seriously watching them, looking at the reports, watching the attack styles.

Do you know, you have members with mixed villages still? Some even use deff for attack. *shakes his head slowly, tutting away* Those are just a few examples. That's why we're still here mate. Drykill says it "cos you cheat" or "stat manipultion" as he seems to say to every thing, but lets be honest, all the cheating and stat manipulation can't explain our continued exsitance now can it? cos if it can, please tell me how to do it.

I am jelous of nothing sonny jim. I pitty you lot more than anything, your all a joke but you don't know it.

Granted, you do have some good players, but none are exceptional in my opinion. You believe you have earned the right to talk jive to people, some of which are 10 times the players any of you are, its rather sad actualy. Stop being a weenie and get on with it with some good grace for gods sake.

For you mate and for those in your tribe that dread reading this tripe as much as I do... :icon_redface:

And to every one else, stop winding him up. You know if you chuck a banana the monkeys will scream.

Last edited:

.-x-.

Nice try Drykill, but no dice. You have mixed villas becuase your nubbs and you use deff because your nubbs.

Killing troops off or not, you should have the fire power to finish this but simply lack the ability. I have no doubt one day you'll get your stuff together, but for now, you are lacking.

I'm just waiting for one of you to fire up the "we don't want this to end" line next.

Still, as ever, unimpressed boys. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Here we go again with the "got bored and quit" BS you keep repeating to me.. it just so happened that when players got bored they where already under heavy attack.

I can name at least 5 of your biggest players who were nobling villages from us before we turned on them and attacked them and then they quit. They weren't bored, they where beaten, you just can't admit that.

It's got to the stage in the world where only 3 or 4 players are actually attacking you. I don't know how many.

DeletedUser

and one last thing... if CTRL truly won? why someone from ctrl asked (DDB then) for peace? ( its because the sitted accounts will be useless soon, to much account for each player)
they did not get the peace so they decided a very dirty trick..... they befriend one of the leaders of ddb, telling lies so he can transfer to the tribe and be given priv. then he kicked all ddb players out. dirty indeed, i wonder if you are truly winning why will you resort to such dirty tactic. maybe they tought that after they kicked all the players we will not regroup.... but they are wrong 8aaa8 was created... and got more active because of what happened.

I'm actually offended by this one. No one asked DDB for peace. Check the war stats, it's impossible to manipulate a tribe vs tribe stat when one tribe is doing nothing. You can't omit players from tribes, and CTRL was nobling DDB/Borg like crazy.

I never went to l3g for peace. Thats a load of crap, and I want to know who told you this. Either that, or you're full of BS and making up your own history. Which is not surprising in the least.

I made a joke to l3g about joining DDB and bringing Nomads with me, and attacking CTRL. A joke he took way too far. I ran with it, and yes, I joined DDB, he gave me duke privs. and I booted everyone from the tribe.

One part of that story you got right.

Did we ask DDB for peace? Why the hell would we need to, we never asked anyone for peace. Ever. If you can prove we ever asked anyone for peace, I will eat my own shoe and post a video of me doing it.

Was is a dirty trick? No, i don't believe so. It was a joke. It wasn't my fault the duke of the tribe decided to post a vote to the rest of the tribe. It's not my fault the rest of the tribe voted for it. And it's most certainly not my fault that they invited me and gave me duke privs. I never told any lies. I never promised anything except that I wouldn't disband DDB and it would survive as long as i did. And they did, the tribe was still around when I left, I had no control after that.

So clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Your history is about as screwed as it could be, it's like saying the war of 1812 was fought between the German Chinese, and the Russian South Africans... You're way off in every department, except for the fact that there was a war that occurred in 1812.

But how and why things happened. You haven't a clue. And your information is coming from people who joined the world after CTRL quit. So they have no idea what happened either.

You're getting your history lessons from someone who has about as much information as you do. Unfortunately the truth has to come from somewhere.

But you guys can go on believing what you want to believe. Everyone with a double digit IQ or higher knows how things in this world went down. Everyone else is in 8AA8 and has their own little merry story that helps them sleep at night.

DeletedUser

At the end of the day we can avoid all these long sentances.

No matter what happened.. no matter if people quit due to boredom or losing half of their points.. it results in the same thing and that's where we are now. Everything in the past has happened. It's what will happen in the future that counts and I think 8AA8 will win this world.

.-x-.

That's surprisingly accurate for you. There's the good grace I was on about, not the usual bwetty swallocks you lot talk.

DeletedUser

My GOD! Was trolling the forums when I saw this thread. Are Borg/DDB really comparing themselves to CTRL? Get a clue please. CTRL was a beast of a warmachine. One of the best tribes in TW. DDB/Borg and their survivors have mostly hugged, barbed,etc thru out the world. Pls don't compare urself to CTRL.

Don't get me wrong. U've almost won the world. Kudos to you. You're the ultimate victors. But that's mostly because you got lucky due to CTRL quitting. There's no shame in admitting that your greatest accomplishment was surviving till CTRL got bored. It's actually quite an accomplishment.

DeletedUser62422

Alot of these comments in here are why in the wild....... some animals eat their young!

DeletedUser

My GOD! Was trolling the forums when I saw this thread. Are Borg/DDB really comparing themselves to CTRL? Get a clue please. CTRL was a beast of a warmachine. One of the best tribes in TW. DDB/Borg and their survivors have mostly hugged, barbed,etc thru out the world. Pls don't compare urself to CTRL.

Don't get me wrong. U've almost won the world. Kudos to you. You're the ultimate victors. But that's mostly because you got lucky due to CTRL quitting. There's no shame in admitting that your greatest accomplishment was surviving till CTRL got bored. It's actually quite an accomplishment.

Again with the CTRL got bored.. they happened to get bored one at a time and only got bored when they started losing villages.. when players fought back they got bored.. when they ran out of inactives to attack they got bored.

Fighting active players is a lot more fun than fighting inactives in my opinion but so many CTRL players quit after they had lost 5-15 mill points.

Yes, CTRL where good but 8AA8 where just better.. it pains CTRL to admit that.

DeletedUser

Yes, CTRL where good but 8AA8 where just better..

The memory of some people is quite simply astounding :icon_rolleyes:

the fact that 8AA8 is winning this world, is quite disgraceful

DeletedUser

Again with the CTRL got bored.. they happened to get bored one at a time and only got bored when they started losing villages.. when players fought back they got bored.. when they ran out of inactives to attack they got bored.

Fighting active players is a lot more fun than fighting inactives in my opinion but so many CTRL players quit after they had lost 5-15 mill points.

Yes, CTRL where good but 8AA8 where just better.. it pains CTRL to admit that.

You didn't even join this world until CTRL quit. The remnants of the tribe were not CTRL.

I know you like to think that you guys took down CTRL. But the majority of the tribe quit shortly after 8AA8 was formed, because you guys weren't doing anything. You might have been fighting a few of the nomads, but at that time, the tribe had already mostly quit.

I think this is where you become confused and think that CTRL was actually a running and functioning tribe. But as soon as Woodly and Myself quit, the tribe fell apart, most everyone else quit, a few stuck around for eachother more than anything else.

.-x-.

whether 8AA8 accepts it or not, CTRL and most of its fighters were long gone when they scooped up the scraps from the table. When they had to merge to fight us, there was 27 of us, of which only about 17 were active and of that only 12 of us were of any cop tbh. Sorry to say but they have won the world. It is a sad day, but victory does not always go to the best, but the nuerical superiority won out here.

Guess there is hope for family tribes out there after all.

Drykill, you keep on saying it, so go on and humor me for a minute. What cheating exactly are we talking about here? I am willing to discuss any example of it you care to mention.

Being better than you is not cheating and keep saying it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over will not make it true, it just makes one thing true and thats you are a retard.

You don't need macros, you only need to know how to use opera properly. Never needed macros. This swings the who are you convo back to that Borgi queff who stepped upto and then got raped senseless by sirG (didn't bother learning his name), he kept whinning about macros too. Reported SirG a couple of times (or I hope so as I told him to if he thought that was the case) and guess what? No ban, no slap on the wrist, no cheating.

Once this world is done I'll give sonof a quick lesson in it and if he decides to share it with you, you can see for yourself, if you can work out how to do it that is.

-Edit- actually, I only teach him if he swears not to teach you lol, the thought of you actualy becoming a decent player makes me shudder, and kid that takes a lot.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Nice to know you guys are gracious in defeat.

Evidently 8AA8 are better, you can't use being bored as an excuse, it's just inactivity. Inactive players aren't as good as active players. Therefore 8AA8 are better, theres excuses everytime a tribe gets beat, but the fact is they got beat. In there prime CTRL where good but if bot protection comes in and you can't grow as fast then you lose because of the way the game is. You need to adapt to the game, stop using bots and find another way to play. CTRL couldn't do that and so they lost.

DeletedUser

Nice to know you guys are gracious in defeat.

Evidently 8AA8 are better, you can't use being bored as an excuse, it's just inactivity. Inactive players aren't as good as active players. Therefore 8AA8 are better, theres excuses everytime a tribe gets beat, but the fact is they got beat. In there prime CTRL where good but if bot protection comes in and you can't grow as fast then you lose because of the way the game is. You need to adapt to the game, stop using bots and find another way to play. CTRL couldn't do that and so they lost.

Bullshit.

Look at the history before you go spouting crap like that. I've posted stats from that era. It had absolutely nothing to do with any changes implemented in the game, as bot protection had been around for at least a year. Thanks to boonhower. And there was absolutely no slowing us down.

The end game was when the majority of CTRL players quit around February/March 2010. Anything that happened after that, was because CTRL lost the majority of it's active players. Most of the Nomads had given up at that point in time and were just logging in to send attacks and not even care to defend anything that came their way.

It had absolutely nothing to do with game updates. And if you have no idea what went on back then in the world because you weren't even in the world at the time, you'd better not try and act like it.

Stibarst, Eli. I know he's one of the top dogs in 8AA8. I know he can verify everything I'm saying 110%. And I know if you've got one of your guys saying it, I'm not full of crap.

He's about the only one with the balls to admit how things actually went down at that stage of the world. And since you don't. I'd suggest you shut you trap.

whether 8AA8 accepts it or not, CTRL and most of its fighters were long gone when they scooped up the scraps from the table. When they had to merge to fight us, there was 27 of us, of which only about 17 were active and of that only 12 of us were of any cop tbh. Sorry to say but they have won the world. It is a sad day, but victory does not always go to the best, but the nuerical superiority won out here.

Guess there is hope for family tribes out there after all.

Drykill, you keep on saying it, so go on and humor me for a minute. What cheating exactly are we talking about here? I am willing to discuss any example of it you care to mention.

Being better than you is not cheating and keep saying it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over will not make it true, it just makes one thing true and thats you are a retard.

You don't need macros, you only need to know how to use opera properly. Never needed macros. This swings the who are you convo back to that Borgi queff who stepped upto and then got raped senseless by sirG (didn't bother learning his name), he kept whinning about macros too. Reported SirG a couple of times (or I hope so as I told him to if he thought that was the case) and guess what? No ban, no slap on the wrist, no cheating.

Once this world is done I'll give sonof a quick lesson in it and if he decides to share it with you, you can see for yourself, if you can work out how to do it that is.

-Edit- actually, I only teach him if he swears not to teach you lol, the thought of you actualy becoming a decent player makes me shudder, and kid that takes a lot.

Dude. Stop being humble about this shit.

I can understand a respectful war from enemies that deserve respect. But these guys don't deserve shit. They constantly run their mouths about crap they have no idea. Anything you say gets immediately stomped out because they make baseless accusations and claims.

These guys are the dumbest form of stupid. The the purest kind of inbred moron. They talk about things like they were actually there when it happened. I honestly don't know how you can remain active in this world with the stupidity this high. You must be at least 30-40 IQ points dumber just for hanging around these dumbasses.

Last edited by a moderator:

.-x-.

That's true eough, as pointed out by dogz himself.

Lol, does that mean my orders are recinded my leige? Lol.

DeletedUser

That's true eough, as pointed out by dogz himself.

Lol, does that mean my orders are recinded my leige? Lol.

On this world? With these morons? Yes, absolutely. The pool has been too diluted by inbreeding for me to allow you to sully yourself here anymore :p

DeletedUser

Most of the Nomads had given up at that point in time and were just logging in to send attacks and not even care to defend anything that came their way.

The sign of bad players.. at the end of the day, you have to go back years to try and make yourself look good.

It's not how you start it's how you finish and it's not about the things you've done it's what you're doing now.

Ultimately, 8AA8 can only beat what is put out in front of them.. the Nomads guys where active, they where putting effort in, sniping noble trains and re-capping villages. They where active before this also, I think nearly all the targets we took down nobled 8AA8 villages within a day before we took our first village from them with the exception of Eldory, he sent out a load of nukes and then we nobled him out (could have been being account sat)

As I say, 8AA8 could only beat what was put out in front of them and they specifically targeted the active players. It's now at the point where I am almost certain 8AA8 will win this world.