Join

DeletedUser

1.NATK
1 Noob And The Knights
the new tribe. forming in world 39.

if you would like an invite contact marafist in the game.

we need a few people to get started.

preferably some experienced players.

i have experience on world 41 and world 2 in the british version of tw.

DeletedUser

Ok, i could flame you so much right now... enough to get banned for.... so i won't.

Advise:

1) There's no appeal in that 'ad'. Essentially you are trying to sell your tribe - so give your ad some appeal! Make it look nice, or funny, an example: FAIL (Yes, i used my first w39 tribes 'ad' as an example, is that so bad?)

2) Since it's clear that you are very new to the game, you're going to have to work extra hard to get people to even consider you. That's not to say it can't be done - there are plenty of people who've gone from rags to riches in their first world, ie. w16's Seagryfn - her first world, but she now leads one of the worlds best tribes.
Sound like a leader - it's more important than you think.

3) Don't ask for 'Experienced players' because 9 times out of 10, the people who respond with 'I have experience' don't. Just talk about your aims, perhaps ambitions..etc.

Although, if your tribe is taking a less serious approach - then presentation (as stated in #1) is key. Tribes like Random thrived to begin with by winning hearts and minds (thats not to say they don't own, as they do) with clever PnP and the overall tribes presentation. But it takes more skill than you'd imagine to successfully get an image of pure 'lol'.

That's all for now folks. :)

DeletedUser

Being a newish player and leading your own tribe is no easy feat.

I'm a new player/leader.
Though my leadership skills probably need a lot of improvement, lol.

I'm probably not the best guy to offer advice, but ill offer what i can...

Anyway...

I was brand new to the game when i took over as leader of my old tribe - SANE and it was hard going all the way, i built their forums, profile, everything really.
You'll need to make sure you keep players active, try to find out your members strengths and being able to sound experienced and professional enough to entice more experienced members to join you and make other tribes think twice before they attack you.

I find a lot of this game, is presentation.
If you sound older, experienced and half sensible, people will usually think you are and therefore give you a little more respect, then the average numb-skull who plays this game...

Its hard, and even now i wonder if its worth the trouble...

Best thing to do is try not too sound too nooby, though I'm guessing that guys out their are already laughing at my own poor excuses for posts.
Try to sound like a leader, just as foofong1 said is a massive plus as-well.

Also, its best to try to lead be example, by showing reason and trying be fair, as well as being strong when aggressive tribes turn up and try to take a piece of you.
And if you need help, read as much as you can and listen as much as possible to the experienced guys..... Even the cocky ones still give the odd secret away, when they don't really want to.

I also believe that if you ask for experienced players to join you, that everyone and his dog who joins you will tell you stories of them having 500 villages on world 6 or something and say how they used to lead the ranked #1 tribe on that world, and any other load of old crap that they can think of...

Best thing to do to start with is mass recruit as many members as you can, make a good forum system up, good unooby looking profile page and then over time if your lucky, you'll get like maybe 10 real nice, good members that even if they ain't that experienced they'll have the potential to learn from any experienced players that you get.

Then you can build the tribe around them.

I'm a firm believer that even the best tribes have about 10 good, solid players that make up a tribes core and the rest of the members just make the numbers up. (Though ill be told that I'm wrong, lol)

Activeness and being willing to help each other is about 90% of a tribe being a success or a failure.
You can have the best players in the world, but if they are selfish, don't help and never post in the forums, they ain't worth as much as 5 average players that wanna be part of your tribe.
Look at Geico. Great leader (Though hes been flamed to death on the forums), great players, was a prominent tribe in the core, one of the best, then........., in-activeness, bad luck, leader made a lot of enemies and they went down the pan...

Another thing that might help early on is a few alliances might help too, just while your tribe is growing and your finding new and better members.
If only to give you the time you need to grow, without anyone attacking you...

And when you feel your ready to stand on your own feet, as such.
Get rid of all the nooby tribes your allied with, get rid of all the poor members and ones that ain't active like every single day.

Then you'll be ready to go out and try your selfs against other real tribes...

Thats what i did anyway, lol

It probably don't make any sense, but i hope at least some of it helps :)
Good luck and i hope you get your tribe up and running soon.

Jai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hybrid Soul

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'm feeling the love on here tonight! :lol:

Fair play foofong1 and Jaigosian! Good to see people trying to help out a new player/leader rather than flaming like some choose to do.

Marafist, although I don't agree with 100% of what Jaigosian said you should take it everthing that they both said onboard and build from there.

Again, fair play lads! :icon_wink: